Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Forgive And Forget - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forgive And Forget (564 Views)

Forgive & Forget: I Don't Forget, Does That Mean I Have Not Forgiven? / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video) / Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forgive And Forget by melodyheart: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
You have an incredible capacity and ability to overcome life’s greatest challenges.

Embrace this reality, and use it the next a crisis arises. Always celebrate the opportunity to perform at a higher level. When  you break through the wall of fear, the benefits are numerous. You will enjoy calmness and the ability to dream and design an exciting future without being shackled by worry and guilt. When you continually clean up your unfinished business, life becomes simple and uncluttered. This gives you a surge of new energy.

All of these breeds confidence. It’s critical that you understand one thing—confidence grows by doing, not by thinking. Only actions produces result. To produce a different result, you need to change something. It all starts with you. Until you change, nothing else will change. Procrastination is one way ticket to staying stuck. It’s an excuse not to perform.

To release yourself totally from the baggage of the past, you must learn to forgive. There are two sides to this:

a.     First, you need to forgive the people who obstructed you in the past---parents, friends, relatives or teachers. Anyone who undermined or abused your confidence verbally, physically or mentally. No matter how traumatic the experience, to be free you need to forgive them. This is necceassry if you want to have peace of mind and a happier future.

b.     Forgive yourself. Silence forever those negative thoughts of guilt. “The past is history, you will never be able to change it. Instead, accept the fact that whatever you did, your choices were based on your level of knowledge and awareness at that time.” The same goes for your parents. Don’t blame them for your upbringing—they did what they did based on their circumstances, belief system and parenting ability.

Too many people never let the real person within them come alive. Consequently, they live a dormant and unfulfilled existence. Instead of gloriously stretching and challenging themselves to be all they can be, they flounder in the everyday stuff of life. You can be different, make a decision now to remove yourself from the futility and explore the unique talents you have been given. They are within you, just waiting to be let loose.

Release your fears. Forgive those who need to be forgiven, and be confident in the knowledge that you can have what you want by taking one step at a time, making one decision at a time and accomplishing one result at a time.

Usually we don’t think about confidence as a habit. Often we look at other people who seem to be enjoying life to the fullest, and wish we had been born with the same genes. While its true that certain individuals seem to be more outgoing than others, confidence can be developed. And having confidence doesn’t mean that you need to be jumping up and down every single day with off the scale positive energy. Some of the most confidence and successful people we know have a quiet inner strength that is rarely expressed in gregarious fashion. Essentially, confidence evolves from combining a positive attitude with positive action. Bothof these involve the power of choice. Every day you can make a conscious choice to think more positively. And you can also choose to take positive action or not. There is a direct link between your attitude and the choices you ultimately make.

Culled from: The Power of Focus.

http://www.felixinspired..de/2015/11/forgive-and-forget.html

Re: Forgive And Forget by melodyheart: 6:39am On Dec 13, 2015
HONOUR: THE KEY TO INCREASE.

A son honour his father, And a servant his master. If then I am the father, where is my honour? And if I am a master, where is my reverence? Says the Lord of host. “Malachi 1:6

Honour is, perhaps, the most important key to experiencing a life of increase. If you are going to consistently walk in increase, you must determine in your heart to continuously and consistently honour God. A simple test of honour is asking yourself who comes first in your life. You see, honouring God is giving preference to God. You can not afford to be so modern that you put God in the back burner and think that he will just look at your heart. The truth is, if it is really in your heart, it will manifest in your actions. God values honour so much that he had to confront the people in the days of Malachi. He asked a very profound question, “if I am the father, where is my honour?”

Therefore, the LORD God of isreal has declared, I did, in fact, say that your family and your ancestors’s family would walk before me forever; but now the LORD declares, far be it from me! The one who honours me, I will honour, and the one who despises me is to be treated with contempt. (ISTV) 1 samuel 2:30

Ask yourself, where is God’s honour in my life? Point things you do or refrain from doing that shows that you truly honour God. God says those despise him(those who do not honour Him) will be treated with contempt. You do not want God to treat you with contempt. However, he is emphatic about honouring those who honour him. If you intend to live a life above reproach and contempt, you must pay attention to honouring God.

FIRST

You honour God by putting Him first. Whethere it is your time, your money or your affection, God wants to come first. Jesus explained to the Pharisees that the first and greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind (Mathew 22:37). This is non-negotiable. You can not love your spouse, your job or even your parents more than you love the Lord. God must have preeminence in everything you do.

THE LORD’S CALF

There is an interesting story of a man whose cow had two calves. As soon as he saw the calves, he vowed to give one to the Lord. When his friends asked him which of the claves is the Lord’s, he responded that it was strictly between him and God. One day, a car hit one of the calves and it died, in agony the man cried out, “The Lord’s calf is dead!” How convenient!

In your experience, is it always the Lord’s calf that dies? When you have a challenge and need to restructure your time, is it the time you spend with the Lord whether in prayer or in attending church services that has to be limited? Do you maintain every other activity and shut down God thinking that God will understand? God ask, “if I am your father, where is my honour?”

THE  BEST

Do you allocate your best time of the day to God or wait till you have schedule every other thing before you make time for the Lord? Do you expend whatever funds come to you and then leave whatever is left for the Lord? Do you wait for things to get worn out and useless to you before you sow them to the lord? You see, God is serious about honour and his points of reference are interesting. He ask in “Malachi 1:8”.

And when you offer the blind as a sacrifice, is it not evil? And when you offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? Offer it them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you favourably?” says the Lord of host.

Can you give the things you give to God to your governor or president? Whether it is money, attention or reverence, do you give more details when it comes to people you see than the God you serve? How do you dress when you want to see dignitary? How do you dress when you go to church? Do you act like you are going to see the most important person in the universe? Honour is cruscial. You see, your tithe is not just ten percent of your increase. It is the first and the best ten percent. When you prepare your offering, do you just pick random notes or do you take time to pick the very best notes and arrange them in an orderly manner. God pays attention to how you treat him and the things that concern him.

Honour the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruit of all your increase”--- Proverbs 3:9

Do not just give the lord your substance, Honour Him with it! Give properly. Give with reverence. Give with expectation.

Do you make haste to do the word that comes to you every time you are in church or every time you open your bible, or do you try a self help guru’s technique first and then turn to God when things fail? Put God first.

Perhaps the greatest show of honour is having faith in God and His word. For without faith it is impossible to please him(Hebrews 11:6). Why is this? The bible says that he that comes to god must believe that God exists and that God rewards those who see him diligently. You must believe God’s word that he will honour those who honour him. You must choose to live a life that consistently honours God.

Honour God with your body. Honour God with your lifestyle. Honour God with your money. Honour God by putting God and his kingdom first and watch how things will begin to turn in your favour. Honour the Lord; it is a key to increase!

www.felixinspired..de/2015/11/honour-key-to-increase.html

(1) (Reply)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Redeemed Church(RCCG) Pastors In President Buhari's Government / Brain Or Spirit? What Makes A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.