Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. (21038 Views)

Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video) / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begs Apostle Suleman: "Please Forgive My Daughter" / Why It's Hard For A Richman Or Even the Poor To Enter The Kingdom Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by iliyande(m): 6:37am On Apr 03, 2016
Lent is arguably the time when we weigh up the significance of our sin and forgiveness more than any other. As we Good Friday draws ever-closer, thoughts about sin and the forgiveness of sins are both paramount in the minds of Christians around the world. An understanding of the relationship between these two acts is vital if we are to truly comprehend Jesus's death on the cross and the meaning of his sacrifice.

Just as God forgives us, so we are called to forgive others. It can be hard to forgive someone, especially if we've been really hurt by their actions or words but inspirational passages on forgiveness are a feature throughout the Bible. Meditating on these when we're called to accept an apology and genuinely forgive will help to remind us why forgiveness is such a significant part of our faith and encourage us to extend forgiveness to those who require it.

The following verses provide an insight to how forgiveness in referred to in Scripture.

Matthew 26:28 - This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 6:37 - Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

John 20:23 - If you forgive anyone's sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.

Acts 10:43 - All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.

Ephesians 1:7 - In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.

Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by makingsense(m): 8:01am On Apr 03, 2016
Our father who are in heaven
hallowed be the name
thy kingdom come
they will be down on earth
as it in heaven
give us this day and our daily bread
and forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from all evil. AMEN

By the way OP nice post.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2016
Since we pray to God for forgiveness,why wont we forgive.

Forgiveness lightens the burden of the heart.

8 Likes

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2016
makingsense:
your moniker says it all

1 Like

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by moscobabs(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2016
h
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by dhardline(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2016
How i learnt to forgive;

God showed me how great my sins were right from the days i was a child,how i continously sinned

against him,breaking his laws and even causing others to fall despite the fact that he already

came to the world and died a shameful,painful and humiliating death on the cross of calvary for my

me.Despite my unfaithfulness,he kept me alive,provided and loved me beyond words.If God can

Love me so and forgave me,with all my great sins who am i not to love Him and also exert evert

effort to love those who hurt me and pray for them and also forgiving them also?Am i better than

them?have i not committed worse sins?But yet He loved me beyond words.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by oglalasioux(m): 8:06am On Apr 03, 2016
It still baffles me how forgiveness is preached daily by Christians but can't extend the same forgiveness to Judas Iscariot who, by the way, helped mankind by handing the saviour over to be sacrificed thereby fast tracking the salvation of the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by mzdeee(f): 8:07am On Apr 03, 2016
If almighty God can forgive us who are we not to forgive others
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by kobonaire(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2016
Ok thanks. I forgive Siasia and boys for the AFCON disappointment.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by hassymo5(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2016
Luke 6:37 - Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

John 20:23 - If you forgive anyone's sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.

These two above just nail it...we all should know that if u don't forgive u won't be forgiven and if u condemn u will b condemn too...so simple but very hard for humans to follow....
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2016
unforgiving spirit bring stagnation

3 Likes

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by Maccoy1(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2016
for me its easy to forgive
But forgetting is something else

2 Likes

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 03, 2016
embarassed embarassed
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by makingsense(m): 8:09am On Apr 03, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
your moniker says it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by deathmen12: 8:09am On Apr 03, 2016
Sweet Jesus put in me the heart of forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by Flexherbal(m): 8:13am On Apr 03, 2016
When we forgive others, we will be forgiven. Forgiveness gives peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by MyGeneration(m): 8:13am On Apr 03, 2016
The north needs to see this with there unforgiving spirit that's driving Nigeria back ward.
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:14am On Apr 03, 2016
I forgive.... but I don't forget... no sin goes unpunished no matter how long it will take.

1 Like

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by Nina4u(f): 8:15am On Apr 03, 2016
I have to forgive to let go ..God put peace in the hart not for them but for u so u can have peace ..people think u forgive someone as a gift to them but it is for u own peace of mind ..forgive but never forget ...learn ..move on and never loose hope for humanity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by APCcrimes: 8:15am On Apr 03, 2016
how can I forgive buhari? he is just a fool... cool
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by ennysuccess(m): 8:15am On Apr 03, 2016
I always forgive my enemies but I can't never forget the lessons they have thought me
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by tjfulloption(m): 8:16am On Apr 03, 2016
i have discovered a very good drug. It is potent enough to cure us of most of the diseases ravaging us as a people. It is cheap and almost free. It is available , very easy to administer and without any side effects. It is a pain killer, energy booster, a fertility drug and a prevention against hypertension. It is a five-letter word, "sorry".

When you apply it on people you offend, the pain goes away like magic. As a fertility drug, it revives relationships and make them active. When you say "sorry" to someone you have wronged, the hostility between you disappears, the confidence and trust in each other multiplies. As human beings we are not perfect; we offend each other, fail one another and even breach agreements, sometimes consciously and at other times, unconsciously. When these happen, our victims feel pains, strong enough to break their hearts. We only need to apply the magic balm of "sorry" to comfort them, sooth their wounds and ease their pains.

We must not be afraid or pompous not to say "sorry". Using this drug means accepting responsibility for our wrongs, for our short comings, for our failures. It is an expression of remorse, a demonstration of a genuine desire to right our wrongs and do fairness and justice to those we have wronged.

"Sorry" is an efficient cleanser that erases bad feelings of hatred, spite and antagonism. If all of us can use this drug, there will be no hatred but love. There will be no war but peace. There will be no destruction but construction and re~construction. Let me however be quick to say that this drug expires without notice.

The moment it is not used genuinely, sincerely and with commitment, it crashes on the user and the consequences are usually more devastating than the original sickness . I am sorry for whatever I have done to puncture your feelings. I'm truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. Oh yes, I'm sorry

2 Likes

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by spanzed(m): 8:17am On Apr 03, 2016
I do forgive but I don't forget,i even doubt if it's possible
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2016
judas was forgiving but he died because his heart could not carry the burden,he was in a gull of bitterness and he committed suicide by hlmself.suicide is d last enemy of man because der is no remedy
oglalasioux:
It still baffles me how forgiveness is preached daily by Christians but can't extend the same forgiveness to Judas Iscariot who, by the way, helped mankind by handing the saviour over to be sacrificed thereby fast tracking the salvation of the world.
judas was forgiving but he died because his heart could not carry the burden,he was in a gull of bitterness and he committed suicide by hlmself.suicide is d last enemy of man because der is no remedy

1 Like

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by sanandreas(m): 8:19am On Apr 03, 2016
i always let go of any wrong.some will make me feel like a weak person. its not, it lightens my heart.
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by html14java(f): 8:24am On Apr 03, 2016
Noted
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by oginga: 8:28am On Apr 03, 2016
oglalasioux:

Your brain is there, like I've always said... its not our duty to forgive people but our sole responsibility to set-up their judgement appointment with the most high, mostly for those who believe in virgin's.

I strongly believe in eye for eye, tooth for tooth, an entire jaw for a pinch. if forgiveness will make me rot in so called hell so be it.

1 Like

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by Nina4u(f): 8:29am On Apr 03, 2016
sanandreas:
i always let go of any wrong.some will make me feel like a weak person. its not, it lightens my heart.
I got beat down broke down and almost murdered by someone suppose to protect me I lost everything I had including a 2500 dollar cannon camera ..all my gold my leather couches cut up with a knife all my panties my clothes my leather jackets my pics since I was a little girl I lost everything .. It was blodsplatter on my wall everywhere I had cancer I had I had seizures my body was shaking I had a stroke while I was in a coma but God woke me up .. I trust in god 100 % I'm not done yet ..ppl complain about Petty things but they don't know what I went through I've been in hell and I've been climbing up to reach the Earth and I'm almost there my baby keep me alive I Found Love and I believe that love heals every hurt like the Bible says

1 Like

Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by Nina4u(f): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2016
oginga:

Your brain is there, like I've always said... its not our duty to forgive people but our sole responsibility to set-up their judgement appointment with the most high, mostly for those who believe in virgin's.

I strongly believe in eye for eye, tooth for tooth, an entire jaw for a pinch. if forgiveness will make me rot in so called hell so be it.
if I wouldn't have been able to forgive them I wouldn't have been able to live because if I wouldn't have been able to forgive I would live in the past and I will just knock on it over and over and over again and I don't want to do that I want to have a piece of heart and I'm free now and that is very important you have to forgive in order to have peace in your heart who else would feel bad about you nobody else nobody gives a shiat about you if you have to give a shiat about yourself .. it's not for them it's for yourself for your own peace of mind
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by Toosure70: 8:34am On Apr 03, 2016
When will iPad forgive the yorubas for voting our the clueless presido.
Re: Are You Finding It Hard Forgive? Read This. by ElrayKhalifah(m): 8:35am On Apr 03, 2016
All i knew is it's not one's capability or power to try and forgive a fellow being...all u have to do is pray to God to give you the strength to forgive.. I know zombies will still antagonise this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Sallah Ram: Man Hangs Self Over Lack Of Money To Buy Ram / Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.