Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,527 members, 7,837,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

The Reason Why Jibril Aku, Ecobank MD May Go To Jail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reason Why Jibril Aku, Ecobank MD May Go To Jail (1502 Views)

Senator Mohammed Kabiru Jibril Is Dead / Jibril "Reguz", Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In North-east / Buhari, Alhassan, Adamu, Jibril Are Sick - SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Why Jibril Aku, Ecobank MD May Go To Jail by emmanuel1989: 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ecobank has been accused by Honeywell Flour Mills Plc of disobeying an earlier directive by Justice Mohammed Idris that all parties should maintain status quo and therefore has initiated contempt proceedings against Ecobank Nigeria Limited for which Jibril Aku, Ecobank MD, may go to Jail.

Honeywell, yesterday, floored Ecobank before Justice Idris of the Federal High Court Lagos. “The plaintiffs’ claim arose from a banker-customer relationship, as such this court has jurisdiction to entertain the matter,” the judge said. He held that Ecobank’s preliminary objection lacked merit and awarded N10,000 cost in the plaintiffs’ favour. Justice Idris adjourned to Monday for hearing of the contempt proceedings.

Ecobank had challenged the court’s jurisdiction to hear the suit filed by Honeywell and its sister companies – Anchorage Leisures Limited and Siloam Global Services Limited. Dismissing the preliminary objection, Justice Idris held that a cursory glance at the statement of claim shows that the plaintiffs’ claim arose from banking transactions. This, he said, places the suit within the court’s jurisdiction as provided in Section 251 (1)(d) of the 1999 Constitution.

In a related case before Justice Okon Abang of the same - See more at: http://www.mcebisco.com/2015/12/the-reason-why-jibril-aku-ecobank-md.html#sthash.zKef8hIl.dpuf
Re: The Reason Why Jibril Aku, Ecobank MD May Go To Jail by excellentmomma(f): 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2015
Jail for what, did he steal anybody's money. Highest if Honeywell wins the case, monies will "awarded" to them.

Some people have been pronouncing jail terms to anyone they don't like from the comfort of their bedrooms these days.

Hahahaha, to them Nigeria is Jailgeria
Re: The Reason Why Jibril Aku, Ecobank MD May Go To Jail by Aromas: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
I don talk am say make Hon. Min. Of Power, Works and Housing build more prisons because 2016 go be season of jailing kwarupt people grin
Re: The Reason Why Jibril Aku, Ecobank MD May Go To Jail by drnsoha(m): 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ecobank is fraudulent and I have proofs as I have personally experienced this guys stealing from my account all the time. Their banking halls are like microfinace banks, they are very slow in transactions and they are never customer friendly. My greatest pain is that they will debit you and never return it. You get tired and let the money go. Could remember one time they returned my money but it was incomplete and the customer service rep said "oga make I manage this one" or do I talk about there Security guys who always beg when they notice you are in for big transactions! To hell with them. Their ATM is being used for decoration in my wallet. Sometimes I give it to my KID to play with. Its called educating the child on E-banking lol

(1) (Reply)

See How Muslims Celebrated Prophet Muhammad's Birthday In Bauchi(photos) / Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion / PDP New Media Director Deji Adeyanju Visits Olisa Metuh In Kuje Prison..reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.