Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out (717 Views)

Hello Web Masters Get Your Auto Responder Series For Your Internet Marketing / Web Gurus, Please Which Blogger Template Is This Site Using? / I Need The Assistant Of Web Gurus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out by Civory(m): 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
Pls, what do I do to enable people download audio on my WordPress site?
Re: Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out by emmyw(m): 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
Upload it to your media folder.
Re: Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Civory:

Click on add media
Re: Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out by Civory(m): 1:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
emmyw:
Upload it to your media folder.
oapeleo:

Click on add media

Thanks, but when I do that it only allows people to listen from my site but not download. Or could u explain better? Will appreciate.
Re: Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out by 9jawebdev(m): 2:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
Civory:

to do that, you will need to first upload the song to the root of the website through your cpanel and then link the download link on your page using the add media link.

alternatively i can help you with a script that does this automatically for you.

you just link up the download in your post.

if interested ,

Contact for professional website developer

email: naijawebdev@gmail.com
mobile: 08102619203
Re: Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out by Internetguru007: 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
Download and install this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-media-download/

It's easy to setup, just read the documentation if confused.
Re: Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out by Dmayor7(m): 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
Civory:

Thanks, but when I do that it only allows people to listen from my site but not download. Or could u explain better? Will appreciate.

Overtime your website will become slow due to lots of video files.

the best is to use youtube or vimeo to host your videos and link to them in your site.

neverthless,

the advice given by others so far are excellent too.
Re: Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out by Civory(m): 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2015
Dmayor7:

Overtime your website will become slow due to lots of video files.
the best is to use youtube or vimeo to host your videos and link to them in your site.
neverthless,
the advice given by others so far are excellent too.
Thanks but its audio am talking about o. And if u meant audio as well, then how are naijablaze and co coping with their sites filled with lots of downloads?
Re: Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out by Dmayor7(m): 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
Civory:

Thanks but its audio am talking about o. And if u meant audio as well, then how are naijablaze and co coping with their sites filled with lots of downloads?

oh! ok.

naijablaze and co do use dedicated servers for it.

If not they will be experiencing slowness by now.

(1) (Reply)

Web Designer Urgently Needed / Which Nigeria Web Hosting Are You Using??? / I Am Looking For A Good Website Hosting And Bulk Sms Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.