Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better (625 Views)

How Do I Share My Ideas With The Government?? / Happy Independent: What Are We Doing In Our Own Way To Make Nigeria Better.? / Pix: Who Represent Nigeria Better (GMB Or GEJ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better by rexbuton: 1:41am On Dec 13, 2015
Hello Nigeria! Tonight sleep evades me therefore I shall write! I'm aboard the MT. PALENQUE around PH and I'm watching the tide and eating Coco pops, my girlfriend's daughter's coco pops that I stole months ago.. Sorry Olive smiley

I was sent a channels TV interview of a Lawyer who was interviewed on phone about the controversy trailing the Bayelsa/Kogi Polls, I picked something from what he said, he talked about followership and the role of the ordinary Nigerian in governance. The truth is that the average Nigerian is too lazy and does not care to investigate how his country is being run, instead he prefers to pursue his business forgetting that the decisions of the government impact directly on his business! The average Nigerian prefers bloggers to newspapers, in fact the average Nigerian detests reading - road signs, terms and conditions, product usage instructions and even airtime vouchers cheesy In searching so zealously for better leaders we tend to lose sight of the people these leaders will lead. Without armies, after all, Napoleon was just a man with grandiose ambitions.

The average nigerian should be more concerned with politics, this is not the age for JW diplomacy. We need to start questioning how party primaries are conducted, how much the nomination forms cost, how the revenue accrued is spent, because i believe political parties aid and abet corruption. The constitution of nigeria needs to be revised to allow independent candidates , once again I state that Political parties are the major players in corruption. They provide the smoke screen and siphon tubes needed to redistribute stolen funds. Independent candidates would not have party debts and godfathers to settle and would be less weighed down in discharging their duties. Political parties in Nigeria also fan the embers for tribalism in Nigeria, as they are quick to take sides with different ethnic groups as is convenient for them. APC and PDP are particularly guilty of this offence. The Supreme court judgement that stated that we vote for parties and not individuals needs to be revisited. In the last administration we saw a spate of defections, if we really vote political parties, then those governors and legislators should have lost their jobs but they did not

Secondly, another problem in nigeria is the legislature. they earn stupendous amounts of money which makes the elections a bloody affair. I want lawmakers to be converted and equivalent to regular civil servants. house of assembly members should start from level 5 or 6, reps on level 8 and senators on level 10 or 13, with number of tenures fixed. if this can be done it would reduce electoral violence as the job would become less attractive and less appealing for thugs. All immunity should be stripped, so that if they receive "welfare packages" on friday, they can be investigated on Monday and go to jail on Tuesday.The fact that The national assembly sets its own salaries in connivance with the RMAFC is a great travesty. In my opinion legislators are too powerful in nigeria

to be continued
Re: MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better by Nobody: 1:43am On Dec 13, 2015
Wish you made it shorter so we get your point easily!
Re: MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better by Topestbilly(m): 1:44am On Dec 13, 2015
wanna sleep now, i'll read wen I wake up..

this land is not for sale...

beware!!!!!!
Re: MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better by mikolo80: 2:21am On Dec 13, 2015
Vixo:
Wish you made it shorter so we get your point easily!

Case in point.nigerians lazy to read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better by mikolo80: 2:46am On Dec 13, 2015
Laziness not a nigerian thing bro.
Its called psychology,fine print is there cos 'they ' know you won't read it.
The so called better leaders have to up their game like trump is doing and find a way around the ' system',the bad guys did why should the rules change for the ' good ' guys.

We cannot all be interested in the same thing,fact, so stop dreaming.
It is the aspiring leaders that need to know about primaries and nomination form. Do you know where your food comes from etc.

Create loopholes for independence. You only need 25 supporters to become an ' independent party' candidate (Rexbutton party of nigeria ).

Crooks are crooks,independent or otherwise. A great leader will know how to handle his Godfather if not become The Godfather.
Who says we cannot have benevolent godfathers.

Tribalism only rears its head where there is perceived injustice then ppl start pointing fingers and taking sides.

If you like make them salaryless . The egunje and other kickbacks make their salary look like minimum wage.

Demand exceeding supply will always end in violence. Always.and who will implement all this grammar you're writing by the way.
They've climbed the ladder and pulled it up with them.you need to build a gaddem teleporter to bean you up or at least some kind of grapple hook like spiderman or last last yamakassi up that shii.

Only 74 ppl have immunity out of over 17000 political office holders. And it expires after 8 years max.nothing stops you from prosecuting them then.only bad workmen blame their tools.

We elected rmfac via president ,we are the real colluders
Re: MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better by rexbuton: 11:31am On Dec 13, 2015
mikolo80:
Laziness not a nigerian thing bro.
Its called psychology,fine print is there cos 'they ' know you won't read it.
The so called better leaders have to up their game like trump is doing and find a way around the ' system',the bad guys did why should the rules change for the ' good ' guys.

We cannot all be interested in the same thing,fact, so stop dreaming.
It is the aspiring leaders that need to know about primaries and nomination form. Do you know where your food comes from etc.
you don't get it, as much as politicians declare their assets they should also declare every liability. The nomination form is a something most guys take loans for, because they know they would make the money back 100x! The guy that represented your area in your state's house of assembly, do you know how he got there? or your role was just thumbprinting APC/PDP/APGA and walking away? if the latter is the case does that not make us zombies? If you feel we have different interests therefore the business of how candidates are chosen is beyond our scope, then you should never speak of the country lacking economic direction or not being run well!

Create loopholes for independence. You only need 25 supporters to become an ' independent party' candidate (Rexbutton party of nigeria ).

are you sure our constitution recognizes independent candidates?

Crooks are crooks,independent or otherwise. A great leader will know how to handle his Godfather if not become The Godfather.
Who says we cannot have benevolent godfathers.

Tribalism only rears its head where there is perceived injustice then ppl start pointing fingers and taking sides.
The idea of a godfather in politics is amoral in every perspective. In america, certain corporations and individuals make donations to political parties, these corps and the amount donated in available on public domain, therefore there is no opportunity for fraud of any sort. The nigerian godfather guarantees electoral victory by means of funds, thugs, actions or inactions of the police and military. In return he is compensated with juicy contracts, funds, waivers, appointments etc.

If you like make them salaryless . The egunje and other kickbacks make their salary look like minimum wage.
that is why i was talking about completely removing immunity, so they can be probed at least twice a week cheesy The reason why real laws are not passed in this country is because of egunje from interested individuals and because we do not have security agencies that know their jobs. Since melaye was accused with evidence of running a foreign account has he been investigated? Multinational OCs prevented the real PIB from being passed. there is another bill that is supposed to be passed to end the disease of "third-party staffing" and other labour irregularities, it still has not been passed. Ordinary citizens should be able to take to the streets and protest these things

Demand exceeding supply will always end in violence. Always.and who will implement all this grammar you're writing by the way.
and it doesnt bother you that there's no one to implement them? It does not bother you that they are cutting salaries and promising nigerians a bleak christmas while their families are already abroad on christmas holidays?
They've climbed the ladder and pulled it up with them.you need to build a gaddem teleporter to bean you up or at least some kind of grapple hook like spiderman or last last yamakassi up that shii.

Only 74 ppl have immunity out of over 17000 political office holders. And it expires after 8 years max.nothing stops you from prosecuting them then.only bad workmen blame their tools.
why do you have to wait 8 yrs? what if the money is already in a numbered cayman account by the 6th year? In burundi, civilians are being killed because they oppose their president's third term tenure, they are fighting for what they believe in! If Nigerians do not open their eyes and question even the simplest things then in 5 years we would be the worst hit in the imminent global financial crisis

Re: MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better by mikolo80: 12:28am On Dec 17, 2015
rexbuton:

you don't get it,

yes i do my very patriotic and impassioned brother
it is you who is not getting me.
as much as politicians declare their assets they should also declare every liability. The nomination form is a something most guys take loans for, because they know they would make the money back 100x!
do you think oyinbo are as selfless as you're Painting
the. also do. quid pro quo Abi quo pro quid in this case. (the rich (godfathers sponsor politician so he enacts policies that benefit them and the awake continues. some ppl have been senators for 20 yrs

The guy that represented your area in your state's house of assembly, do you know how he got there?

as a matter of fact i do
he was supposed to not be re elected
but my group made him understand that we could turn it around for him and we did
he won primary by slimmest of margins
1 vote

so you see my friend
I'm not just talking
but in the field
at the battlefront for c new and better Nigeria
understanding that its a marathon not a sprint

or your role was just thumbprinting APC/PDP/APGA and walking away?

you no de look 'post '
do i sound like somebody who plays av that level.

if the latter is the case does that not make us zombies?

taking a side is not zombieIsm
sitting on the sidelines is.

If you feel we have different interests therefore the business of how candidates are chosen is beyond our scope, then you should never speak of the country lacking economic direction or not being run well!
those you called zombies are worried.
why they speak out at party meetings and rolling booths not on keyboards.

hence the loophole statement
no independent candidate
but you can form I

The idea of a godfather in politics is amoral in every perspective. In america, certain corporations and individuals make donations to political parties, these corps and the amount donated in available on public domain, therefore there is no opportunity for fraud of any sort. The nigerian godfather guarantees electoral victory by means of funds, thugs, actions or inactions of the police and military. In return he is compensated with juicy contracts, funds, waivers, appointments etc.

that is why i was talking about completely removing immunity, so they can be probed at least twice a week cheesy The reason why real laws are not passed in this country is because of egunje from interested individuals and because we do not have security agencies that know their jobs. Since melaye was accused with evidence of running a foreign account has he been investigated? Multinational OCs prevented the real PIB from being passed. there is another bill that is supposed to be passed to end the disease of "third-party staffing" and other labour irregularities, it still has not been passed. Ordinary citizens should be able to take to the streets and protest these things

and it doesnt bother you that there's no one to implement them? It does not bother you that they are cutting salaries and promising nigerians a bleak christmas while their families are already abroad on christmas holidays?

why do you have to wait 8 yrs? what if the money is already in a numbered cayman account by the 6th year? In burundi, civilians are being killed because they oppose their president's third term tenure, they are fighting for what they believe in! If Nigerians do not open their eyes and question even the simplest things then in 5 years we would be the worst hit in the imminent global financial crisis

Re: MY IDEAS ON Making Nigeria Better by mikolo80: 1:13am On Dec 17, 2015
rexbuton:

you don't get it,

yes i do my very patriotic and impassioned brother
it is you who is not getting me.
as much as politicians declare their assets they should also declare every liability. The nomination form is a something most guys take loans for, because they know they would make the money back 100x!
do you think oyinbo are as selfless as you're Painting
the. also do. quid pro quo Abi quo pro quid in this case. (the rich (godfathers sponsor politician so he enacts policies that benefit them and the awake continues. some ppl have been senators for 20 yrs

The guy that represented your area in your state's house of assembly, do you know how he got there?

as a matter of fact i do
he was supposed to not be re elected
but my group made him understand that we could turn it around for him and we did
he won primary by slimmest of margins
1 vote

so you see my friend
I'm not just talking
but in the field
at the battlefront for c new and better Nigeria
understanding that its a marathon not a sprint

or your role was just thumbprinting APC/PDP/APGA and walking away?

you no de look 'post '
do i sound like somebody who plays av that level.

if the latter is the case does that not make us zombies?

taking a side is not zombieIsm
sitting on the sidelines is.

If you feel we have different interests therefore the business of how candidates are chosen is beyond our scope, then you should never speak of the country lacking economic direction or not being run well!
those you called zombies are worried.
why they speak out at party meetings and rolling booths not on keyboards.

hence the loophole statement
no independent candidate
but you can form your own 'independent ' party
so long as you have 25 members from at least 25 states with their addresses
no religious or tribal name in your party name or logo
for example Rex people's party,bingo
independent candidate made to order

The idea of a godfather in politics is amoral in every perspective.

we're talking reality not ideal

In america, certain corporations and individuals make donations to political parties, these corps and the amount donated in available on public domain,

shebi they donated publicly for Jonathan
kalu gave obj 100 mill
Dangote sponsors all parties (sharp man yin knows how the game is played)
therefore there is no opportunity for fraud of any sort.

Hahahahahaha
you obviously don't know much about military industrial complex ($600 dollar hammers), big pharm/health insurance scam, the agricultural lobby or even the mess that is now the education system of America and how they're scamming their kids
[/b]The nigerian godfather guarantees electoral victory by means of funds, thugs, actions or inactions of the police and military. In return he is compensated with juicy contracts, funds, waivers, appointments etc. [b]

same thing in all developed countrie
obviously not in such a crude manner like us cut still
read about military industrial complex
Mooney politics in USA
pork barrel politics
and back room deals that determine who is appointed to where.

that is why i was talking about completely removing immunity, so they can be probed at least twice a week cheesy

thank goodness you see how um workable that is
cos you just end up distracting them
cos you can be sure many will file frivolous lawsuits against them (no evidence, just conjecture)

[/b]The reason why real laws are not passed in this country is because of egunje from interested individuals [b]
the real reason we don't have laws is the people yin claim um want Good laws aren't willing to pay the price (playing politics with their money time and talents till they win)

[/b]and because we do not have security agencies that know their jobs.
[b]
oh they know they're work
they just prefer to work for highest bidder (20 naira or hefty bribes from politicians)
cos all this grammar you're talking won't pay their children school fees or ensure their retirement.

Since melaye was accused with evidence of running a foreign account has he been investigated?

allegations are not accusations, legally speaking.
they have no locus standi
like I saidthey just want um sell papers (website ad space) instead of following up to logical conclusion (running for president or becoming a judge to dispense justice or member of national assembly to attack him directly on daily basis.
it's easier to just allege and move on

Multinational OCs prevented the real PIB from being passed.

reward of playing the game instead of blowing grammar online
no offence

there is another bill that is supposed to be passed to end the disease of "third-party staffing" and other labour irregularities, it still has not been passed. Ordinary citizens should be able to take to the streets and protest these things

like I said
it doesn't concern most ordinary ppl
only the guy leagued ones and a few ppl (Patapata 1 million real sector employed ppl)
we have over 70 milliom labour force(traders and unemploymed who would gladly accept those third party jobs
and e no concine dem
majority carrier the br'er, sorry just the way it is unless you or whoever REALLY cares changes it.

and it doesnt bother you that there's no one to implement them?

why do you think i come um politics section on nairaland everyday
why do you think i attended party meetings in Nigeria
why do you think i am trying to work my way back to my country immediately after getting green card

cos it does bother me
and i realise that philosophers like you Will only lament and no more
only mouth una get (once again no offence meant)

It does not bother you that they are cutting salaries and promising nigerians a bleak christmas while their families are already abroad on christmas holidays?

it does not bother me if adults sell their birth right for a ness of beans, not even pottage
that's all they deserve
it's a jungle out there, you dat what you kill (metaphor)

why do you have to wait 8 yrs?

cos presidents and gwamnas should not be distracted.

what if the money is already in a numbered cayman account by the 6th year?

personally I'd move it in 24 hrs
why did you let the money go in the dirt place
that's why you have 'recall '(read your constitution better)

In burundi, civilians are being killed because they oppose their president's third term tenure, they are fighting for what they believe in!

don't know the details but I assure you acting as cannon fodder I. not fighting for what you believe in. more like dying for it
you fight with paper and Biro
or ak 47 s
standing in the streets mimicking target silhouettes for security to practice target with your head is just plain dumb.

If Nigerians do not open their eyes and question even the simplest things then in 5 years we would be the worst hit in the imminent global financial crisis

making noise online and in media and in private is not 'asking questions '
y'all need to step it up cos like malaria parasite these Fockers are immune um that shii

hope you get me now
we need to do more than the barest minimum to get boy significant change
this requires sacrifice that most of you (sorry but it's true till you tell me what you've done um change the system) are simply. not willing to make.
the bad guys made the. sacrifice(time, deems, dignity, money,skill, family name in the mud,they took their risk and Now are reaping bountifully. what have y'all (we) done.... typed a few posts on nairaland... mtscheew, twill take a shitload mor 'n that to achieve the nation of our dreams br'er.

(1) (Reply)

Faleke To Face APC Disciplinary Comitee / New Photos Of Women And Children Rescued From Sambisa Forest / What To Know About The 2016 Budget From President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.