Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,529 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

How Would You Feel If Your Child Was A Thief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Feel If Your Child Was A Thief (743 Views)

Truth Be Told, Goodluck Jonathan Is A Big Thief Like Obasanjo, No Difference / Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The Generation That Pocketed Nigeria. / Debe Ojukwu: My Father’s Love Child Was A “Hidden Agenda” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Feel If Your Child Was A Thief by tymoti(m): 9:08am On Jun 04, 2009
Interesting, how we are so quick to criticize others while deep down we as guilty of what we are so turned off about.

Today's topic  is really about that happened recently on my way to lagos. The passenger sitting next to me in a quick trip of 45 minuites from Benin to Lagos spent most of the discussion time complaining about how corrupt and deceptive our leaders are, how sluggish our president is,numerous reasons why this country is so stagnant, (the list continues unending). The venom of his words drove sleep from my tired eyes, the vigour at which he tried to express his anger was entertaining.

Then came the twist in the story. After berating for over thirty minuites, he ended his speech by saying, ", that is why I have decided to train my children to any level so that they can be eligible to vie for big political posts. do you know these crooks were children of poor men,now their suffering has ended and their children will never suffer". This when my alertness increased, before now my mind was in more important places even though I continued the conversation with grunts and nods.

If the people envy these corrupt leaders then what can our fate as a nation be? If fathers wish their children could be in positions where they would also steal money how can things change in our country?

Now men go to church and mosques to give testimonies of political appointments given to them or opportunities to loot the treasury. Sincerely I would like to know how many people have this passenger's mentality?
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Child Was A Thief by tymoti(m): 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2009
tymoti:

Then came the twist in the story. After berating for over thirty minuites, he ended his speech by saying, ", that is why I have decided to train my children to any level so that they can be eligible to vie for big political posts. do you know these crooks were children of poor men,now their suffering has ended and their children will never suffer". This when my alertness increased, before now my mind was in more important places even though I continued the conversation with grunts and nods.

Re: How Would You Feel If Your Child Was A Thief by muhsin(m): 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2009
Why the above quote?
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Child Was A Thief by Fhemmmy: 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2009
I am so sure that the parents of those people you ave mentioned are worshiped in Nigeria, in a society where the thieves are praised, as long as he/she can spray good money.
A nation where who you are is defined by how much you have in your account.
A nation where it is not what you know, but who you know.
So the parents of those dudes you have mentioned will be so proud of their "thieves" oh.
However, i am not sure how different i would be till i am faced with such.
Re: How Would You Feel If Your Child Was A Thief by tymoti(m): 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

However, i am not sure how different i would be till i am faced with such.

Since you are not sure there is a possibility,

(1) (Reply)

Can You Imagine This ? / Lagos Calls For Diversification Of Nation’s Economy / Is Rilwan Lukman The Most Qualified Person On Petroleum Matters In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.