Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. (2790 Views)

Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism / Who Are The True Muslims? / True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by webbjamie(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2009
I'LL LIKE TO KNOW WAT MUHAMMED DID WIT UR SINS COS JESUS DIED ON D CROSS OF CALVARY FOR D SINS OF MANKIND.

I'LL ALSO LIKE TO KNOW WHY KILLING IN THE NAME OF ALLAH GUARANTEES ONE A PLACE IN PARADISE.

I'LL ALSO LIKE TO KNOW WAT KIND OF PARADISE OFFERS 70 VIRGINS AND A RIVER OF WINE
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by ronkeenuf(f): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2009
@web jamie,I'm replying you because I believe that you are asking because you sincerely want to know, here are some tips for you

Muhammed prayed for Allah's mercy for us,thats why a mere sincere ablution cleanse off your past sins and this should be done at least five times a day so imagine how free of sin a true muslim is.

In Islam, life is sacred, taking a life, even that of an ant, is a grievious sin and therefore feared by every muslim. If one therefore does take a life because one had to do it ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH in a war and the person dies in that war, then heaven is guaranteed for such a muslim.

It simply means, Heaven is more than any being can imagine or explain,
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by sleek29(m): 10:13am On Aug 24, 2009
@last poster, how can washing your body with water cleanse a demon possessed man, remember until you are baptised by the Holy Spirit you will never see the kingdom of God
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2009
ronkeenuf:

@web jamie,I'm replying you because I believe that you are asking because you sincerely want to know, here are some tips for you

Muhammed prayed for Allah's mercy for us,thats why a mere sincere ablution cleanse off your past sins and this should be done at least five times a day so imagine how free of sin a true muslim is. <how will mere bathing cleanse your sin? you mean if you commit adultery, your sin is forgiven by merely washing your private parts , so funny grin>

In Islam, life is sacred, taking a life, even that of an ant, is a grievious sin and therefore feared by every muslim. If one therefore does take a life because one had to do it ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH in a war and the person dies in that war, then heaven is guaranteed for such a muslim.<tell that to the boko-harams etc, islam is violence personified > angry
It simply means, Heaven is more than any being can imagine or explain, <so the nearest thing to explain it is wine and women grin>
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Abuzola(m): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2009
Compiled by Abuzola

In addition to what Rokneef said: there is no 70 virgin for a muslim, this statement is spurious, not true. Truely an inhabitant of paradise will be inhabitate in a pardise bigger than the world with river of milk, wine etc. Apart from ablution cleansing sin fasting also cleanse sins, friday jummah if instruction duely follow it cleanse sin, friday night prayer cleanse sin, pilgrimage to makkah cleanses sin and many more.

Prophet Muhammad is not our God, he died just like the biblical jesus died.
'(saying) worship none but God, verily, I (Muhammad) am to you from Him a warner and bringer of glad tidings, am commanding you, 'seek the forgiveness of your Lord and turn to Him in repentance, that He may grant you good enjoyment for a term appointed and bestow His abounding Grace to every owner of grace. But if you turn away, then i fear for you the torment of a great day (i.e Day of Reckoning) Quran 11:2-3

The muslim in the middle east waging jihad is because they are been oppressed, the only language the enemy understand is war. They have ravaged Palentine into pllaque, every border of Palestine is controlled by Israel except Rafah border, they are the one incharge of sea and air aviation down to custom duty, the Israeli have clampdown on our territory in westbank and east jerusalem building settlers i.e jews home and demolishing arab home. They have erected a concrete barrier in the west bank devouring Palestinian homes and farms separating west bank and east jerusalem thus families are divided. During combat battle with militant the israeli frequently use weapon of mass annìhilation against Arab civillians, you can remember Gaza and Lebanon. Allah hates transgression so is not our portion to transgress, we only fight those who fight us .
'and fight in the way of God those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly God likes not the transgressors.' Quran 2:190
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2009
@ Abuzola: Check this out;

Koran 78:31
As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high-bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup.

Koran 37:40-48
, They will sit with bashful, dark-eyed virgins, as chaste as the sheltered eggs of ostriches.

Koran 44:51-55
, Yes and We shall wed them to dark-eyed houris. (beautiful virgins)

Koran 52:17-20
, They shall recline on couches ranged in rows. To dark-eyed houris (virgins) we shall wed them,

Koran 55:56-57
In them will be bashful virgins neither man nor Jinn will have touched before. Then which of the favors of your Lord will you deny ?"

Koran 55:57-58
Virgins as fair as corals and rubies. Then which of the favors of your Lord will you deny ?"

Koran 56:7-40
, We created the houris (the beautiful women) and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand, "

Koran 55:70-77
"In each there shall be virgins chaste and fair, Dark eyed virgins sheltered in their tents whom neither man nor Jin will have touched before,
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2009
Koran 52.24
And there shall wait on them [the Muslim men] young boys of their own, as fair as virgin pearls."

Koran 76.19
They shall be attended by boys graced with eternal youth, who will seem like scattered pearls to the beholders."
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 11:25am On Aug 24, 2009
Koran 47:15
Here is a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised. In it are, rivers of wine,

Koran 37:40-48
But the true servants of God shall be well provided for,, they shall be served with goblet filled at a gushing fountain, white and delicious to those who drink it. It will neither dull their senses nor befuddle them.

Koran 56:7-40
They shall recline on jeweled couches face to face, and there shalt wait on them immortal youths with bowls and ewers and a cup of purest wine:

Koran 83:23-26
The righteous will surely dwell in bliss. Reclining upon soft couches they will gaze around them: and in their faces you shall mark the glow of joy. They shall be given a pure wine to drink, securely sealed, whose very dregs are musk,
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Abuzola(m): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2009
Were christians guaranteed the kingdom of God ? In a sahih hadith, the Prophet said christians will be divided into 72 sects, all in hell except one, that one is Hawariyyun (those who follow the true doctrine of jesus). Lets see what the bible had to say to christians.

'Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord', shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and cast out demons in your name, and do mighty works in your name ?'. And then will i declare to them,'I never knew you depart from me , you evildoers' mathew 7:21-23.

From those verses, jesus declared no one will enter into the kingdom of God except those who does the will of his father meaning GOD, This is clear that jesus isn't GOD, so attributing Godly virtue to jesus will disqualify you from going to heaven
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Abuzola(m): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2009
@nezan- i refuted 70 virgins, every male believer will be blessed with less than 3 virgin girls in paradise and not 70
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2009
Abuzola,
you claimed muslims are not promised women in heaven, when I gave you the relevant verses, you are now trying to derail the OP?
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Abuzola(m): 11:39am On Aug 24, 2009
I have things to do, go back to my post and quote where i said no virgin, all i said was no 70 virgin period
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by olabowale(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2009
@Sleek29: « #2 on: Today at 10:13:33 AM »
@last poster, how can washing your body with water cleanse a demon possessed man, remember until you are baptised by the Holy Spirit you will never see the kingdom of God
please if you could believe that beliefing in the mere hanging of an innocent man guarantees you heaven, then mere washing of body in ablution, should not be less in weight of beliefing scale, because it is both in faith and action, higher by action on your singular faith belief of the death! I see you move away from the death to baptism, which the Jews never practised in their pseudo-religion, existing longer than your which you were to be part of before you invented your own.

If in your case you believe that baptism is what carries you to kingdom of heaven, you will have to agree that the poster whom you responded to with the above did not say that only ablution is needed, but gave you the understanding of something to chew on of how easy, or mercifully effortlessly it is for muslims to attain to paradise, without needing anyone to die for her/him. Inshort your fate is in your faith in God by obedience to His Commands; Belief in Him as One and not many or not existing, worship Him as He has ordered through the Prophet/messenger of your time. My time is now and it belongs to Muhammad (AS) and not Moses (AS) nor Jesus (AS)!
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by olabowale(m): 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2009
A friend of mine asked a very poigant question, yesterday. He said, can anyone tell him with 100% certainty, if Jesus ever said to his associate, 'when I go, if you have not started while I am with you, you must definitely leave the religion of my people and adopt a name for the new religion?' This is a headscratcher question, and you need to scratch your head for answer. But give me a good answer and please dont beg the question.

I actually added mine as an earlier question, to it in a fashion that you can appreciate, thus; did Moses tell the children of Israel to adopt a name for themselves, away from childreof Israel, and establish a religion on this new name, Jew, definitely away from the different religion of Ibrahim, Noah, etc?
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
Christian= Christ-like= living like Christ, people who believe in the teachings of Christ,,,,,,,,,,duh cheesy
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by olabowale(m): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Nezan: That was not my question. I already know that Christians claim Christlike qualities, yet they marry, they have children, they will not hang on the cross, the go into excesses, etc, etc!

My question, is direct and I will state it in a more simple way: Did Jesus tell anyone to leave the religion of his people, the Children of israel? Duuuuuh to you, too! Answer my question, bud. I think those below the mason dixon line will enjoy this; Osisi, Lady, Pligrim, etc.
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by muhsin(m): 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Sir Olabowale, Ramadhan Kareem.
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by PurestBoy(m): 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2009
72virgins for a single person?? No wonder we're short of VIRGINS on earth
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by olabowale(m): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2009
sheik Muhsin, wa aleykum salaam wa rahmatullahi taala wa barakatuh. Ramadan karim wa ana wa aminkum jamiah muslim fil ardh.
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
olabowale:

@Nezan: That was not my question. I already know that Christians claim Christlike qualities, yet they marry, they have children, they will not hang on the cross, the go into excesses, etc, etc!

My question, is direct and I will state it in a more simple way: Did Jesus tell anyone to leave the religion of his people, the Children of israel? Duuuuuh to you, too! Answer my question, bud. I think those below the mason dixon line will enjoy this; Osisi, Lady, Pligrim, etc.
Did Jesus forbid anyone from marrying? He did not marry because He is God, not some person like mohammed with animal-like appetite for sex with more than 20 bedmates! shocked

Did Jesus tell anyone to leave his religion? Definately YES! His message to them was to leave the old ways and follow the new way of life that He brought for them, calling them to the right path of salvation,,,,,being like Christ, imitators of Christ virtues, i.e. being Christians.
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by olabowale(m): 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2009
@Nezan: « #19 on: Today at 03:42:11 PM »
Did Jesus forbid anyone from marrying? He did not marry because He is God,
Do you even listen to yourself? He did not marry because he is god? I used small h and g because in the next sentence I am going to talk about the real God. But Nezan, you find it comfortable to say that Jesus did not marry hence no children because of what you as a Christian perceived as his devineness.

How do you then conclude that the God that we all agree is the sender of Jesus, and other previous Messengers and prophets (unless you wanna say that Moses, Ibrahim, Noah and indeed, Adam, etc (AS) were not sent by the same God Who sent Jesus, then I will like you to tell us who sent them), has or had a son, when you know that He was never married and marriage is meant for mankind and having children is meant for mankind for two reasons, legacy and procreation in order to sustain mankind on earth?

not some person like mohammed with animal-like appetite for sex with more than 20 bedmates!
Nezan is flying a trial baloon with the number of wives. This is the first time that I read it to be 20 and called bedmates. My wives are not bedmates, but real wives. Muhammad (AS) did not have 20 wives. If you know them to be 20, please least their names because I am calling your bluff on this!

Did Jesus tell anyone to leave his religion? Definately YES! His message to them was to leave the old ways and follow the new way of life that He brought for them, calling them to the right path of salvation,,,,,being like Christ, imitators of Christ virtues, i.e. being Christians.
If you think your Christian way was ordered by Jesus, think again and reconcile them for us here? Where did he ask you to worship on Sunday, getting rid of Sabbath, which starts from sunset on Friday until sunset Saturday? Show me where he said you should build churches while he worshipped in temple?

Show me where he says God is three, Father and him and ghost, when he himself worshipped, begged, supplicated, cried, etc and you said he committed his spirit to that very God, as he gve up the ghost on earth? These are parts of your going against Jesus's teachings. How many more things you deviated away from his teachings? Who knows. As far as we may not be able to get the Real uncorrupted Gospel which he preaced we may not know the extend of your deviance!
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Abuzola(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2009
Lmao the god that cried, was beaten severely , right ? What a havoc
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:22am On Aug 26, 2009
Mohammed's wives;

1. Khadija/Khadijah

(pronounced ka-DI-ja) bint Khuwailid/Khuwaylid Sahih Muslim vol.4 book 29 no.5971-5972 p.1297 died three years before 'A'isha married Mohammed. She is mentioned in Bukhari vol.5 book 58 no.164,165 p.103.

The full name of Mohammed’s first wife was Khadijah, daughter of Khuwaylid bin Asad bin. ‘Abd al-‘Uzza bin Qusayy. al-Tabari vol.39 p.3

Mohammed was 20-some years old when he married Khadijah, a widow. al-Tabari vol.9 p.127.

‘Aisha says that Khadija took Mohammed to a Christian convert who used to read the Gospels in Arabic. Bukhari vol.4 book 55 ch.17 no.605 p.395

A’isha was jealous of Khadija. "On that, the Prophet remembered the way Khadija used to ask permission, and that upset him. He said, ‘O Allah! Hala!’ So I [A’isha] became jealous and said, ‘What makes you remember an old woman amongst the old women of Quraish an old woman (with a teethless mouth) of red gums who died long ago, and in whose place Allah has given you somebody better than her?’" Bukhari vol.5 book 58 no.168 p.105

2. Sauda/Sawda bint Zam'a/Zam’ah

Sahih Muslim vol.2 book 8 no.3451 p.747; Bukhari vol.3 book 34 ch.4 no.269 p.154; vol.3 no.853 p.29; Sahih Muslim vol.2 book 7 no.2958 p.651; Sahih Muslim vol.2 footnote 1918 p.748 says that probably ‘Aisha was married to Mohammed before Sauda, but ‘Aisha did not enter Mohammed’s house until after Sauda was married to Mohammed.

There is disagreement about whether Mohammed consummated the marriage with Sauda or A’isha next, but al-Tabari vol.9 p.128-129 says it was Sauda.

Sauda’s ex-husband, al-Sakran b. ‘Amr b. ‘Abd Shams became a Christian in Abyssinia and died there. al-Tabari vol.9 p.128

Physically, ‘Aisha called Sauda "a fat huge lady". Bukhari vol.6 book 60 ch.241 no.318 p.300

When Sauda was old she was afraid Mohammed would divorce her, so she gave her turn to ‘A’isha. Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2130 p.572

Sauda is also mentioned in al-Tabari vol.39 p.169.
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:24am On Aug 26, 2009
3. 'A’isha

A’isha was Abu Bakr’s daughter. Her moth was named Umm Ruman according to al-Tabari vol.9 p.129. She married Mohammed when she was (six) 6 years old, went to his house when (nine) 9. Bukhari vol.7 book 62 ch.60 no.88 p.65; Sahih Muslim vol.2 book 8 no.3309,3310,3311 p.715,716

Contrary to this marriage being important for political reasons, Abu Bakr was the first convert to Islam.

This wife of Mohammed is mentioned in many places, including Sahih Muslim vol.1 book 4 no.1694 p.372; Abu Dawud vol.1 no.1176 p.305; vol.1 no.1268 p.335; vol.1 no.1330 p.350; Abu Dawud vol.1 no.1336 p.351; vol.1 no.1419 p.373; vol.2 no.2382 p.654.

‘Aisha played with dolls while Mohammed was present. Sahih Muslim vol.4 book 29 no.5981 p.1299

‘Aisha was 6 (or 7) years old when she was married, and the marriage was consummated when she was nine years old. al-Tabari vol.9 p.130,131

A’isha was married when she was six years old, and nine when she went to Mohammed’s house. Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.1876 p.133

A’isha was seven years old when she married, nine years old when she lived with Mohammed, and 18 years old when he died. (not Sahih) Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.1877 p.134

A rationale trying to explain why Mohammed married such a young girl is given in Sahih Muslim vol.2 footnote 1859 p.715. It says that "it was some exceptional circumstances that Hadrat ‘A’isha was married to the Prophet… The second point to be noted is that Islam has laid down no age limit for puberty for it varies with countries and races due to the climate, hereditary, physical and social conditions." They also mention support from the disreputable Kinsey report on Sexual Behaviour in the Human Female.

Mohammed himself once deliberately struck ‘Aisha "on the chest which caused me pain", according to Sahih Muslim vol.2 book 4 ch.352 no.2127 p.462.

There was other discord too. One incident, started by A’isha was so bad, Mohammed kept away from his wives for a month 29 days) Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.2060 p.241. Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.2063 p.243. This is the context of Sura 50:1.

4. ‘Umm Salama

‘Umm Salama bint Abi Umayyah (discussing intimate things with the apostle) Sahih Muslim vol.2 no.2455 p.540

Umm Salamah’s real name was Hind bint Abi Umayyah bin al-Mughirah bin ‘Abdallah bin ‘Umar bin Makhzum. al-Tabari vol.9; p.133; vol.39 p.175.

Um/Umm Salaim/Salama (not said to be a wife) Sahih Muslim vol.2 no.2992 p.656; vol.2 no.3445 p.746; wife Bukhari vol.4 book 53 ch.4 no.333 p.216; Bukhari vol.7 book 62 ch.34 no.56 p.40. Ibn-i-Majah vol.2 no.1634 p.473; Abu Dawud vol.1 no.383 p.99. Mohammed was married to Umm Salama, widow of Abu Salama (died 4 A.H. in Abyssinia). Al-Tabari vol.39 p.175. Umm Salama died when in 59 H. when she was 84 years old. Sahih Muslim vol.2 footnote 1218 p.435. Umm Salama was pregnant when Mohammed married her, and her daughter was Zainab bint Abu Salama (Sahih Muslim vol.2 no. 3539-3544 p.776-777. (This is the same girl as Zainab bint Umm Salama)

This wife of Mohammed is mentioned in Abu Dawud vol.1 no.274 p.68; vol.3 no.4742 p.1332; vol.2 no.2382 p.654; Sunan Nasa’i vol.1 no.240 p.228; Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.1779 p.72; al-Tabari vol.17 p.207; al-Tabari vol.39 p.80

‘Umm Salamah had a son before she married Mohammed. Her son went with A’isha, al-Zubayr, and Talhah. al-Tabari vol.17 p.42

Clients of Umm Salamah were Nabhan (=Abu Yahya) and Ma’in bin Ujayl(=Abu Qudamah) al-Tabari vol.39 p.320
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:25am On Aug 26, 2009
5. Hafsa/Hafsah

The daughter of ‘Umar bin Khattab is mentioned in Sahih Muslim vol.2 no.2642 p.576; vol.2 no.2833 p.625; vol.2 no.3497 p.761; Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2448 p.675; vol.3 no.5027 p.1402. She was the daughter of ‘Umar bin al-Khattab. She was the 18-year old widow of Khunais when she married Mohamed in 625 A.D. She was born in 607 A.D., and died either 647/648, 661/662, or 665 A.D. She is also mentioned as a wife in Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.2086 p.258

After Hafsa’s husband died of wounds received at Uhud, Hafsa’s father thought of her marrying ‘Uthman, but ‘Uthman declined because he knew Mohammed wanted to marry her. They married in 3 A.H. She was four years older than ‘A’isha. Sunan Nasa’i vol.1 #32 p.117. Thus Mohammed did not marry her just to provide for her. Rather he married someone who otherwise would have been married to someone else.

‘Umar told his daughter Hafsa not to be misled by ‘Aisha who is proud of her beauty and Mohammed’s love for her. Bukhari vol.7 book 62 ch.106 no.145 p.108. Hafsa said to ‘Aisha "I have never received any good from you!" Bukhari vol.9 book 92 ch.5 no.406 p.299-300

‘Umar said Mohammed divorced Hafsah (revocable divorce) and then took her back. Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2276 p.619. According to Ibn Ishaq, Mohammed divorced Hafsa but then took her back. al-Tabari vol.9 footnote 884 p.131.

"Yahya … from Malik from Muhammad ibn Abd ar-Rahman …that he heard that Hafsa … killed one of her slave-girls who had used sorcery against her. She was a mudabbara. Hafsa gave the order, and she was killed." Muwatta Malik 42.19.14

Hafsa ordered killed on of her slave girls that had used sorcery against her. Muwatta Malik 43.19.4

Hafsa, wife of Mohammed, died when she was 60 years old. al-Tabari vol.39 p.174
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2009
6. Zainab/Zaynab bint Jahsh

Sahih Muslim vol.2 no.2347 p.519; vol.2 no.3330 p.723,724; vol.2 no.3332 p.725; vol.2 no.3494 p.760. Bukhari vol.3 book 33 ch.6 no.249 p.138; vol.3 no.829 p.512; vol.4 no.6883 p.1493; Zainab's original name was "Barrah", but Mohammed changed it to Zainab Bukhari vol.8 book 72 ch.108 no.212 p.137; Abu Dawud vol.3 no.4935 p.1377-1378. Abu Dawud vol.1 no.1498 says Juwairyiha’s name used to be Barrah.

Sura 33:36-38 in the Qur’an says, "It is not for any believer, man or woman, when God and His Messenger have decreed a matter, to have the choice in the affair. Whosoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has gone astray into manifest error. When you said to him whom Allah had blessed and you had favoured, ‘Keep your wife to yourself, and fear Allah,’ and you were concealing within yourself what Allah should reveal, fearing other men; and Allah has better right for you to fear him. So when Zaid had accomplished what he would of her, then We gave her in marriage to you, so that there should not be any fault in the believers, touching the wives of their adopted sons, when they have accomplished what they would of them; and Allah’s commandment must be performed. There is no fault in the prophet, touching what Allah had ordained for him."

Zainab bint Jahsh was married to Mohammed’s adopted son, until Mohammed spoke the Sura that she was to divorce his son and marry Mohammed. Zainab "used to boast before the other wives of the Prophet and used to say, ‘Allah married me (to the Prophet) in the Heavens.’" Bukhari vol.9 book 93 ch.22 no.517 p.382. Also vol.9 book 92 ch.22 no.516,518 p.381-383; al-Tabari vol.9 p.133. In other words, in the eternally existing uncreated Qur’an in heaven, Zainab’s marriage was mentioned.

"One day Muhammad went out looking for Zaid (Mohammed's adopted son). Now there was a covering of hair cloth over the doorway, but the wind had lifted the covering so that the doorway was uncovered. Zaynab was in her chamber, undressed, and admiration for her entered the heart of the Prophet". (The History of al-Tabari, vol. 8, p. 4)
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2009
7. Juwairiya/yya/yah bint Hareth (captive)

Juwairiya bint Harith/al-Harith was a captive. Bukhari vol.3 book 46 ch.13 no.717 p.431-432. Sahih Muslim vol.2 no.2349 p.520 says that Mohammed attacked the Bani Mustaliq tribe without any warning while they were heedlessly grazing their cattle. Juwairiya was a daughter of the chief. Sahih Muslim vol.3 no.4292 p.942 and Abu Dawud vol.2 no.227 p.728 and al-Tabari vol.39 p.182-183 also say Juwairiya/Juwairiyyah was captured in a raid on the Banu Mustaliq tribe. She had been married to Musafi’ bin Safwan, who was killed in battle.

Mohammed’s wife Jawairyiyah used to be named Barrah. Abu Dawud vol.1 no.1498 p.392. However, Bukhari vol.8 book 72 ch.107 no.212 p.137; Abu Dawud vol.3 no.4935 p.1377-1378 say Zainab’s name used to be Barrah.

Juwayriyyah bint al-Harith bin Abi Birar bin Habib, great grandson of Jadhimah al-Mustaliq of the Khuza’ah group, was taken as booty when Muslims raided the al-Mustaliq tribe. Her husband, Musafi’ bin Safwan Dhu al-Shuir bin Abi Asrb bin Malik bin Jadhimah was killed in the battle. She was a prisoner of war who agreed to marry Mohammed. al-Tabari vol.39 p.182-183; al-Tabari vol.9 p.133.

Juwayriyyah was captured at the Battle of al-Muraysi [against the Banu Mustaliq]. al-Tabari vol.39 p.183

Juwayriyya married Mohammed when she was 20 years old. al-Tabari vol.39 p.184
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:27am On Aug 26, 2009
8. Omm/Umm Habiba

Umm Habiba was the daughter of Abu Sufyan al-Tabari vol.9 p.133; Sahih Muslim vol.2 no.3413 p.739; vol.2 no.2963 p.652; Sahih Muslim vol.2 no.1581 p.352; vol.2 no.3539 p.776 Ibn-i-Majah vol.5 no.3974 p.302; al-Tabari vol.17 p.88

Umm Habiba was 23 years younger than Mohammed. Sunan Nasa’i vol.1 #60 p.127

Umm Habiba and her first husband ‘Ubaydallah were Muslims who went to Abyssinia. ’Ubaydallah converted to Christianity. al-Tabari vol.39 p.177

Mention of Zainab bint Jahsh. al-Tabari vol.39 p.180-182

Umm Habiba, wife of Mohammed should not be confused with another woman was also named Umm Habiba. She was the daughter of Jahsh, wife of ‘Abd al-Rahman and sister-in-law of Mohammed, since Zainab of Jahsh was his wife. Abu Dawud vol.1 no.288 p.73

9. Safiya/Safiyya/Saffiya (captive)

Safiya bint Huyai/Huyayy was a captive Mohammed married after slaughtering her father, brother, husband and the men at Khaibar, according to Bukhari vol.2 book 14 ch.5 no.68 p.35; vol.4 book 52 ch.74 no.143 p.92; vol.4 book 52 ch.168 no.280 p.175 and al-Tabari vol.39 p.185.

Safiyah’s husband was named Sallam bin Mishkam bin al-Hakam bin Harithah bin al-Khazraj bin Ka’b bin Khazraj. al-Tabari vol.9 p.134-135.

Safiyyah was called Safi, for the first share of the booty, which went to Mohammed. Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2988 p.848; Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2985-2989 and footnote 2406 p.846-849

Safiyya was purchased by Mohammed for seven slaves. Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.2272 p.357. She was 17 when Mohammed married her. al-Tabari vol.39 p.184

Mohammed felt kindness toward Safiyya. "If Safiyyah were not grieved, I would have left him [her husband whom Mohammed executed] until the birds and beasts of prey would have eaten him, and he would have been resurrected from their bellies." Abu Dawud vol.2 no.3130-3131 p.893
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:28am On Aug 26, 2009
10. Maimuna/Maymuna bint Harith/Hareth

Sahih Muslim vol.1 no.1671,1674,1675 p.368-369; vol.2 no.1672 p.369.

Mohammed married Maymunah bt. Al-Harith in 7 A.H. while Mohammed was in a state of ritual purity on the journey to Mecca. al-Tabari vol.8 p.136; al-Tabari vol.9 p.135

Maymuna had been divorced once, and widowed before marrying Mohammed. al-Tabari vol.39 p.185. Maymuna was 80/81 when she died. al-Tabari vol.39 p.186

Maimuna was 30 years old when the 53-year old Mohammed married her. Mohammed died four years later. Sunan Nasa’i vol.1 #43 p.120

Mainuma bint al-Harith had a slave girl. She asked Mohammed if she could free her, and Mohammed said instead to give her to Maimuna’s sister to take care of her. Muwatta’ Malik 54.4.9
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:29am On Aug 26, 2009
10. Maimuna/Maymuna bint Harith/Hareth

Sahih Muslim vol.1 no.1671,1674,1675 p.368-369; vol.2 no.1672 p.369.

Mohammed married Maymunah bt. Al-Harith in 7 A.H. while Mohammed was in a state of ritual purity on the journey to Mecca. al-Tabari vol.8 p.136; al-Tabari vol.9 p.135

Maymuna had been divorced once, and widowed before marrying Mohammed. al-Tabari vol.39 p.185. Maymuna was 80/81 when she died. al-Tabari vol.39 p.186

11. Fatima/Fatema/Fatimah (briefly)

Fatima was mentioned by ‘Ali Dashti. al-Tabari vol.9 p.39 states that Mohammed briefly married Fatimah bint al-Dahhak bin Sufyan (also called al-Kilabiyyah).

Mohammed married Fatimah bint Shurayh/Sara’. al-Tabari vol.9 p.139. It is unclear if Shuray and al-Dahhak were two different people, making this two Fatimas, or they were alternate names for the same father.
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2009
12. Hend/Hind (widow)

Hend/Hind was formerly married to Abu Sufyan, who was a very stingy man, according to Sahih Muslim vol.3 no.4251-4254 p.928-929.

13. Sana bint Asma’ / al-Nashat

Mohammed married al-Nashat bint Rifa’ah of the Banu Kilab bin Rabi’ah, allies of the Qurayzah. Some called her Sana bint Asma’ bin al-Salt al-Sulamiyyah; while others say Sana bint Asma’ bin al-Salt of the Banu Harm. However, she died before the Prophet consummated his marriage with her. She was also called Sana. al-Tabari vol.9 p.135-136. al-Tabari vol.39 p.166 says the same thing about Sana bint al-Salt.

14. Zainab/Zaynab bint Khozayma/Khuzaima

This Zainab belonged to the tribe of Banu Hilal. She was divorced from a Muslim named Tufayl, then married his brother ‘Ubaydah, who was killed at Badr. Then she married Mohammed. She was born 595 A.D. and died in 626 A.D. at 31. See al-Tabari vol.7 p.150 footnotes 215,216 and al-Tabari vol.39 p.163-164 for more info.

al-Tabari vol.9 p.138 also says she died while Mohammed was alive.

Mohammed married Zainab bint Khuzaima, but she died before he did. Sunan Nasa’i vol.1 #64 p.129

15. Habla?

Habla is on Ali Dashti’s list, but I have not been able to independently verify this.

16. Divorced Asma’ bint Noman

Asma bint Noman, or Asma bint al-Nu’man bin Abi Al-Jawn, of the Kindah tribe, was married to Mohammed, but the marriage was never consummated. al-Tabari vol.10 p.185 and footnote 1131 p.185.

Daughter of Al-Jaun / Jahal was married very briefly to Mohammed. Bukhari vol.7 book 63 no.181 p.131,132

On the other hand, al-Tabari vol.10 p.190 says that Al-Nu’man al-Jawn offered his daughter to Mohammed, but Mohammed declined. Perhaps "declined" means Mohammed divorced her before ever sleeping with her.
Re: Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. by Nezan(m): 10:34am On Aug 26, 2009
17. Mary/Mariya the Copt/Christian

Mary was a wife [concubine] of Mohammed’s according to al-Tabari vol.9 p.141; Sahih Muslim vol.4 footnote 2835. p.1351;. Mary the Copt gave birth to Mohammed’s son Ibrahim in al-Tabari vol.9 p.39. He died when he was two years old. The Muslim emissary Hatib b. Abi Balta’ah returned from al-Muqawqis [Egypt] with Mariya [Mary the Copt], her sister Sirin, a female mule, sets of garments, and a eunuch. Hatib invited them to become Muslims, and the two women did so [according to Tabari]. Mariyah was beautiful, and Mohammed sent her sister Sirin to Hassan b. Thabit. Sirin and Hassan were the parents of ‘Abd al-Rahman b. Hassan. al-Tabari vol.8 p.66,131.

18. Rayhana/Raihana/Rayhanah bint Zaid/Zayd

Rayhana was a Jewish captive from the Quraiza tribe. Mohammed offered to make her a wife instead of a slave, but she decline and remained Jewish according to al-Tabari vol.8 p.39. See also al-Tabari vol.9 p.137,141. However, the source in al-Tabari vol.39 p.164-165 says Mohammed set her free and then married her.

Mohammed had two concubines: Mariya bint Sham’un the Copt, and Rayhanah bint Zayd al-Quraziyyah of the Banu al-Nadir. al-Tabari vol.9 p.141. Mariya was an um walid of Mohammed according to al-Tabari vol.13 p.58.

19. Divorced Omm/Umm Sharik / Ghaziyyah bint Jabir

Omm/Umm Sharik is the same person as Ghaziyyah bint Jabir in al-Tabari vol.9 p.139. She was called "Umm Sharik" because she was the mother of a son named Sharik by a previous marriage.

"When the Prophet went to her he found her to be an old woman, so he divorced her." al-Tabari vol.9 p.139. However footnote 922 says Ibn Sa’d in Tabaqat, 8 p.110-112 "gives a different account and lists her among the women to whom the Prophet proposed but did not marry. It was she who gave herself to the Prophet and the Qur’anic verse 33:50 refers to her."

20. Maymuna / Maimuna

Maimuna was a woman who offered herself to Mohammed according to Sahih Muslim vol.2 footnote 1919. It could be the same Maimuna as 10, or a different one. Married in 7 .H.

An unnamed woman said she gave herself to Mohammed as a wife. Mohammed did not accept her, but gave her to a poor Muslim. The only thing the poor Muslim could give as a dowry is his memorization of a sura of the Qur’an. Muwatta’ Malik 28.3.8

21. Zaynab/Zainab the Third?

Ali Dashti lists this wife, but I have not found independent evidence of this.

22. Khawla / Khawlah bint al-Hudayl

It is said that Mohammed married Khawlah bint al-Hudayl. al-Tabari vol.9 p.139. She was a wife of Mohammed’s according to al-Tabari vol.39 p.166

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Mr Assad | Spoken Word | From The Muslims | Hd / Fitna The "Controversial, Anti Quran" Movie / Kulu Bidah Kufru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.