Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays (6401 Views)

Shocking Reason Why Muslims Don't Condemn Terrorism / Pls This Is For All True Muslims And Skeptics Alike. / Why Muslims Don't Celebrate Birthdays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by sosisi(f): 2:57am On Aug 28, 2009
Abuzola says true Muslims don't celebrate their  birthdays  and that of their prophet yet Muslims all over the world celebrate the birthday of their prophet Mohammed.
It's even a public holiday in Nigeria (because of the Muslims there) and in most Muslim countries  known as Eidl Mulud (sp)
so are Nigerian Muslims and those who do this infidel Muslims and heretics ?

abuzola says

I told you those who do it are herectic like you miserable cross worshippers

What is the opinion of other Muslims on this forum?
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by Abuzola(m): 5:16am On Aug 28, 2009
Yeah i said so
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by skyone(m): 5:45am On Aug 28, 2009
$osisi:

Abuzola says true Muslims don't celebrate their birthdays and that of their prophet yet Muslims all over the world celebrate the birthday of their prophet Mohammed.
It's even a public holiday in Nigeria (because of the Muslims there) and in most Muslim countries known as Eidl Mulud (sp)
so are Nigerian Muslims and those who do this infidel Muslims and heretics ?

abuzola says

What is the opinion of other Muslims on this forum?

my advise to you is dont believe anything Abuzola Alzakawi says when it come to religion, he's looking forward to hell fire, beware.
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by olabowale(m): 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2009
birthdays are not events to be celebrated. Celebrate major achievements like when he/she says Laa ilaha ilallahu Muhammadanr Rasulullah (AS), etc, etc!
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by skyone(m): 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2009
olabowale:

birthdays are not events to be celebrated. Celebrate major achievements like when he/she says Laa ilaha ilallahu Muhammadanr Rasulullah (AS), etc, etc!

Pathetic and very sad to hear a grown man think this way sad
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by olabowale(m): 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2009
whats pathetic about speaking the bitter truth? skyone, I hope you are okay?
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by muhsin(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2009
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Raheem.

Simply take it: celebrating birthdays is a bidi'a. What then is bidi'ah?

The word Bid'ah in Arabic is taken from ‘Al-Bada', that is to create something without precedence. Allah says in the Qur'aan, which translated means: “Badei' (the Originator) of the heavens and the earth.” (2: 117)

This means that Allah created the heavens and the earth without precedence. He also said: “Say (O Muhammad (sallallhu alahi wa-sallam): I am not Bid'an (a new thing) among the Messengers.” (46: 9)

This means: 'I am not the first of Allah's Prophets to His slaves, many (Prophets) preceded me.’ When it is said that a person has performed a Bid'ah, this means that he has innovated a new thing without precedence.

Bid'ahs in the matters of life, like the new scientific inventions are permissible because originally, what is a matter of life or habit is permissible. The prohibited Bid'ah is to innovate in the religion. This is because the religion is 'Tawqifiyah' which means that religion can only be revealed by Allah and He has completely revealed His religion. Consequently, there is no room for any innovation. As will be manifest and clear from the context of celebrating birthdays.

In short, its undoubtedly an act of imitating the kuffar (i.e. pagans, as shown any historical fact). And an authentic Hadeeth strongly denounces such practices.

Abu Waqid Al-Laithi (r.a) said: “We were still new Muslims when we went to the battle of Hunain with the Prophet (sallallhu alahi wa-sallam). We found that the Mushrikeen had a tree, called ‘That Anwar’, which they revered and on which they hanged their weapons on. When we passed by a similar Sidrah we said: “O Messenger of Allah (sallallhu alahi wa-sallam), make for us ‘That Anwar’ as they have, Prophet (sallallahu alahi wa-sallam) said: “Allahu Akbar! It is the Sunnan (traditions of the Mushrikeen). You said by He Who has my soul in His Hand, what the children of Israel said to Moses: “Make for us gods as they have gods. He said: 'Verily! You are a people who know not.” [7:138] and he (sallallahu alahi wa-sallam) said: You will follow the traditions of those before you (Jews and Christians)” [at-Tirmidhee]

In this hadeeth, we find that imitating the Kuffar (non-believers) is what drove Jews (before them), and some of the companions (radhi allahu anhu), to ask for this ugly matter. They wanted gods to worship and revere other than Allah. This is the case with the majority of Muslims today, imitating the disbelievers, which is an opening to ruthless Bid'ahs in Islam.

We can therefore draw a simple conclusion that Abuzola's assertion is apt and right.

and regarding Eid-Maulud and declaration of public holiday in Nigeria; you know the heterogeneity of the country, not doing so could cause bitter complains from some Muslims who do it. But that balances the equation. Period!

And Allah, the Exalted, knows best

2 Likes

Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by sosisi(f): 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
I guess most of the most Muslims are fake then since they celebrate Mohammeds birthdays and theirs
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by olabowale(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2009
sisi naija one of the ways for you to trim wasteful spending, and spend even more in more truly rewarding things, when you don on the hijab, down the road. the issue of prudency is addressed, subtlely without being over bearing.
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by ttruth(m): 8:28pm On Mar 04, 2010
@post :

Muslims think like psychotic donkeys. Why will you celebrate Muhammeds birthday (The Mafian boss) and not yours grin grin?

Who is Muhammed anyway ? He is not a prophet in the first place.

Historically: according to the Quran, Ahadith, Arab & Islamic records, the spread of Muhammadan Islam in the Jazeera al Arabia - the Arabian Peninsula - was achieved by the shedding of a sea of Arabian blood to start with, followed later on with the Arabian conquests through the shedding of an ocean of blood of the conquered and subjugated peoples.
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by helperzz(m): 8:05am On Mar 05, 2010
birthday is invalid,ignorance and blind followership leads to hereticism
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by cola: 11:48am On Mar 05, 2010
t.truth:

@post :

Muslims think like psychotic donkeys. Why will you celebrate Muhammeds birthday (The Mafian boss) and not yours grin grin?

Historically: according to the Quran, Ahadith, Arab & Islamic records, the spread of Muhammadan Islam in the Jazeera al Arabia - the Arabian Peninsula - was achieved by the shedding of a sea of Arabian blood to start with, followed later on with the Arabian conquests through the shedding of an ocean of blood of the conquered and subjugated peoples.

how is this warranted?

it is this kind of unguided utterance - provocation - that causes promblems if said to people who can't handle it.

One can imagine what a people with a hot temperament could do in the face of such unwarranted provocation.

, and then we wonder why there are many violent altercations in the north of Nigeria

a misguided provocation, a reaction (probably over-reaction), a counter (retaliation), on and on,

then we turn round and heap all the blame on the hot tempered people, the initial provocation all conviniently forgotten.

2 Likes

Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by alimat2(f): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2010
t.truth:

@post :

A very provocating post,am very sure if this is done by a muslim the hypocrites will start shouting muslims are this and that.

t.tuth lemme tell u what u dont know what ever u say here on earth will surely be tied to ur neck on d judgement day, so u can continue with ur ignorant posts
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by justfash50: 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2010
@t.truth

Really i have read many of your contribution in the Religion section and truly i believe now that you are a Toddler and you need to Grow Up.
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by ttruth(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2010
justfash50:

@t.truth

Really i have read many of your contribution in the Religion section and truly i believe now that you are a Toddler and you need to Grow Up.

Between me and you, who is a toddler ? You are an embryo grin

Arrow cheesy
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by justfash50: 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2010
JUST CONFINRMED . say whatever it has been confirmed lipsrsealed
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by ttruth(m): 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
justfash50:

JUST CONFINRMED . say whatever it has been confirmed lipsrsealed

Thanks for confirming that you are an embryo grin
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by justfash50: 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
:-x :p
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by kopknomie: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2010
@t.truth
I think this thread is for muslims only why do you have to intrude by posting? from your post I know you're not a muslim, then why do you have to cause chaos. I' m sure its your type that trigger religion crisis sad
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by Aolly(f): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2010
As for me,i am a muslim and i dont see anything wrong in thanking Allah for making you witness a special day in your life and praying to him to witness more of the day to come. Moreover,to me, celebrating birthday is more like given sadaqah. on my bday, i prayed, give out food and snacks expecially to small children and i do same for my son ,so i dont see anything wrong in that.
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by ronkeenuf(f): 11:48am On Mar 11, 2010
Aolly:

As for me,i am a muslim and i dont see anything wrong in thanking Allah for making you witness a special day in your life and praying to him to witness more of the day to come. Moreover,to me, celebrating birthday is more like given sadaqah. on my bday, i prayed, give out food and snacks expecially to small children and i do same for my son ,so i dont see anything wrong in that.

If birthdays are to be celebrated, they should be celebrated with praises to Allah and sadaqah to the less privileged. It should not be spent wasting resources.

As fo that of the Prophet, it should be spent remembering his mission on earth ans thanking Allah for His mercies
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by Deen4me(m): 7:19am On Mar 21, 2010
@ Aolly & ronkeenuf

Allah says in the Quran

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion". (Soorah Al-Maa'idah 5:3)

Allah also informs us that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is a Perfect exemplar for all of Mankind to follow.

"You have indeed in the Messenger of Allah an excellent example for him who hopes in Allah and the Last Day, and who remembers Allah much". (33:21)

Which brings me to my point.

Every action a Muslim does in this life is to be rewarded in the hereafter provided that act has been done in accordance with the Sunnah of the Rasul (PBUH)

Else the action will be rejected and one may be punished for it.

No one is permitted to worship Allah in any way apart from what has been sanctioned by Allah in the Quran or was taught by the sunnah of the Rasul (PBUH)

With regard to celebrating the day on which the Prophet (PBUH) was born, it should be noted that he (PBUH) did not tell us to celebrate this day, and he himself (PBUH) did not celebrate it, nor did his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them).

There is no translated Hadith that informs us that Aisha (PBUH) prepared to give him a birthday bash nor his companions

They loved the Prophet (PBUH) far more than we do, yet despite that they did not celebrate this day. Hence we do not celebrate this day, in obedience to the command of Allaah Who has commanded us to follow the commands of His Prophet.

Allaah Says : “And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)” [al-Hashr 59:7]

The prophet said

“I urge you to adhere to my Sunnah [way] and the way of the Rightly-Guided khaleefahs. Adhere to it and cling tightly to it. And beware of newly-invented matters [in religion], for every newly-invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going-astray.” Abu Dawood

Whoever wants to venerate the day on which the Prophet (PBUH) was born should follow the alternative that is based on Islamic evidence, which is that one should fast on Mondays, not just the day that he was born but every Monday.

The Messenger of Allaah (PBUH) was asked about fasting on Mondays. He said, “On that day I was born and on that day the Revelation came to me.” Muslim.

In Islam we do not follow our whims and desires in our affairs, rather we always refer to the guidance which was sent down the Quran and Sunnah.

Celebrating the Rasuls Birthday was not sanctioned by him nor by Allah.

Its high time we stop imitating people of other religion and Hold on fast to Islam.

Trying to justify Birthdays with sadaqa or special prayers on that day is nothing less than misguidance.If the action were to be acceptable by Allah as an act of worship the Rasul would have informed Us of it.

And beware of newly-invented matters [in religion], for every newly-invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going-astray. 

May Allah Guide us aright
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by deols(f): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2010
Birthdays are usually celebrated according to the gregorian calendar which is not islamic. That could also be a way of acting like the unbelievers and this is strongly forbidden in Islam.
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by MUNEER2(m): 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2010
As salam to all my brothers and sisters
Some people are better left blabbing than been answered. . .
It's better you just let go of some cowards, one of these days, they might come to realize it.
Masallam!
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by misterh(m): 9:08pm On Apr 04, 2010
Re: True Muslims don't celebrate birthdays by Deen4me(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2010
We really need to thank $osisi for giving us the opportunity to discuss this topic in full.

Keep it up wink

(1) (Reply)

Formulating The Right Intentions| Getting Rewards When You Sleep / The importance of saying Salaam / How Do You Use The Social Media As A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.