Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,385 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Federal University Of Technology (FUTO) Vacancies For Senior Staff - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Federal University Of Technology (FUTO) Vacancies For Senior Staff (1863 Views)

Vindication Of A Senior Staff At My Place Of Work / Recruitment At Federal University Dutsin-Ma Katsina State / Federal University Of Technology Minna Vacancies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Of Technology (FUTO) Vacancies For Senior Staff by debbie(f): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of University Librarian of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State.

The University
The Federal University of Technology, Owerri was established in 1980 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University strives for excellence and is poised to becoming one of the best Universities of Technology in the world. The University is committed to the production of high level manpower, engaging in cutting edge research and community service for the achievement of national developmental goals and global relevance.

Position: Vice Chancellor

• The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and the Academic Head of the University, he/she is the Chairman of the Senate and Congregation and member of the Governing Council. The Vice-Chancellor shall among other duties;

david470 , uboma
• Promote research, teaching and high standard of academic excellence;
• Be responsible to Council for the maintenance of peace, law and order in the University;
• Be competent at all times to advise the Council on all matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University;
• Regulate the admission of students, subject to the guidelines and procedures approved by the Senate and other statutory bodies;
• Be responsible for staff and students discipline and welfare in the University.
• The Vice-Chancellor shall hold the office for a single, nonrenewable term of Five (5) years.
• The remuneration and conditions of service for the post shall be as applicable in Federal Universities.

a.Qualifications and Experience
• Applicants for the position of Vice-Chancellor, Federal University,of Technology Owerri must be distinguished scholars with outstanding academic and administrative records. He/she must be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the person must;-
• Have spent not less than fifteen (15) years in the University system with at least seven (7) years experience as Professor with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University;
• Should have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University. Hence, a vision statement not exceeding 1000 words is required;
• Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from Local and International Agencies, and further uplift the academic status of the University;
• Possess personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context of the University's strategic plan;
• Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and members of the University Community and stakeholders;
• Have demonstrable abilities to establish and maintain partnerships with Local, International, Government Agencies and Organizations;
• Be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command the respect as well as the loyalty of the members of staff and University Community;
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff (Teaching and Non-teaching);
• Be able to exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra statutory funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
• Have excellent written and spoken COMMUNICATION skills;
• Should be in position to ensure the enforcement of the University’s laws and regulations;
• Be information and technology proficient and be committed to the development of ICT into the University programmes and services;
• Be of excellent physical and mental health;
• Not be more than Sixty-five (65) years of age by 16th February, 2016 when the position is scheduled to be occupied.

c.Salary and Conditions of Service
The appointment is for a period of five (5) years effective from the date of assumption of duty, and may be extended by one year subject to good performance. The salary is as applicable to similar positions in Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.

d. Method of Application
Applicants are requested to submit thirty (30) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae in the following order:
i Names in full (Surname first, in capital letters)
ii Place and Date of Birth
iii Home Address
iv Present Postal Address
v Permanent Home Address
vi Telephone Number
vii Nationality/State of Origin
viii Marital Status
ix Number & Ages of Children (if any)
x Secondary and Post Secondary education (including dates & institutions)
xi Academic & Professional Qualifications (including distinctions with dates)
xii Present employment, indicating present status and salary
xiii Statement of experience including authorship stating contributions (evidence to support contributions should be produced where possible).
xiv Extra Curricular Activities
xv Names and addresses of three (3) Referees.

In addition to stating the names and addresses of Referees, applicants should request each of their nominated Referees to send a Confidential Report on them to the Registrar, Federal University of Technology, P.M.B. 1526, Owerri and “Confidential Report” clearly marked on the envelope which must sealed.

Closing Date
All applications and other correspondences should be forwarded in sealed envelopes directly to the Registrar and the “POST OF VICE CHANCELLOR, FUTO” clearly marked on the envelope. Applications should reach the Registrar not later than six weeks from the date of this publication. Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.

davide470

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal University Of Technology (FUTO) Vacancies For Senior Staff by obiakorEmmanuel(m): 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
debbie, your are really really on ground, getting this info tells me that your source is genuine. Keep the good work.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (FUTO) Vacancies For Senior Staff by debbie(f): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
:DGenuine? Hahahaha......I reserve my comment.
obiakorEmmanuel:
debbie, your are really really on ground, getting this info tells me that your source is genuine. Keep the good work.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (FUTO) Vacancies For Senior Staff by wizzy89(m): 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
Can I send u my CV dear, so u can help me apply whenever a position that I am qualified for comes up?!. Would really appreciate it

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Engineer At PSE Consultants Limited / Sales Representative Job At Giant Beverages Limited, 28th August, 2018 / Relationship Officers@ Workforce Group At Gbagada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.