Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison (33195 Views)

Sule Lamido Rejects Bail Condition (See The Bail Conditions) / Nnamdi Kanu Fulfils Bail Condition / Court Adjusts Metuh’s Bail Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by alberson(f): 11:08am On Dec 15, 2015
Media mogul Raymond Dokpesi, the chairman of African Independent Television (AIT) who is in the middle of the massive arms scandal concerning former National Security Adviser (NSA) Sambo Dasuki, is spending Monday night in Kuje prison because he is unable to meet the conditions of his bail.

Speaking with a SaharaReporters correspondent, a lawyer representing Mr. Dokpesi confirmed that the fallen media owner was remanded to Kuje prison in Abuja having failed to satisfy the N400 million or surety requirement for bail.

Earlier, presiding judge Gabriel Kolawole established bail conditions requiring two guarantors, one of whom must be a current or former public servant of Director rank or higher, and the second of whom mist be an entrepreneur in possession of Nigerian tax payments for the past three consecutive years. Both were required to provide “title deeds of landed properties in any part of Nigeria, the value of which must not be below N200 million.”

Mr. Dokpesi’s lawyer said that the difficulty of meeting these strict bail conditions forced Mr. Dokpesi to spend the night in Kuje prison, a facility that is like the jails average Nigerians are often sent to.

Mr. Dokpesi is facing six counts of money laundering for his involvement with Mr. Dasuki, who is alleged to have illegally provided money meant for military arms purchases to Mr. Dokpesi to produce video documentaries promoting the Peoples Democratic Party ahead of the 2015 presidential election.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/14/dokpesi-unable-meet-n400-million-bail-condition-spends-night-kuje-prison

5 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by jakiedudu(m): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2015
Somebody was just granted bail under stringent conditions yesterday and you expect him to meet them up in less than 24 hours Give him time.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by Khd95(m): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2015
I see him spending more nights in prisongrin

cos any civil servant that will come out with 200m as surety under this administration will firstly or later ve to explain how he Got 200m as a civil servant,irrespective of his/her levelgringrin

272 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by aieromon(m): 11:56am On Dec 15, 2015
Khd95:

cos any civil servant that will come out with 200m as surety under this administration will firstly or later ve to explain how he Got 200m as a civil servant,irrespective of his/her levelgringrin

I like the tax payment requirements. Anybody that presents himself will have to be scrutinized thoroughly.

Most of the entrepreneurs will not want to make their tax earnings public for now because FIRS is warming up for 2016.

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by aieromon(m): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
jakiedudu:
Somebody was just granted bail under stringent conditions yesterday and you expect him to meet them up in less than 24 hours Give him time.

The truth is that most people who meet these requirements do not have a solid personal income/business/tax history. Anybody standing as a surety has to make sure his financial records are squeaky clean.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by TimeManager(m): 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
I Love The Part- 'Spend The Night In Jail'. If We Had Military He Would Have Been A Prisoner Given The Danmimg Evidences. RIP Democracy

No Lie Only Truth!

4 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by oteneaaron(m): 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
Khd95:

Very serious trap....i like dis...

34 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by Technocrat1759(m): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
This man is not yet in prison and he' s already looking older than my great grang pa.

Shadows of yesterday.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by kahal29: 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
Khd95:

You be guru..... Exactly my thoughts yst

11 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
No time to shave beards again...more nights coming shocked

- his friends would desert him
- his associates would claim that they are having issues with BVN and can't withdraw
- his family members would claim that they can't travel to Lagos and Kuje for now due to lack of fuel.
- his new friends would be quiet, 60watts bulbs, iron bars, 4 X6 inches bed, toilet, rosary and bible.
- he might appear in court again with Dasuki on fresh charges before new year.
- fellow members of PDP (Benin Branch) would attempt to pay a solidarity visit but high ranking officers would not attend.
- most of his friends in corporate circle would change their mobile lines and landlines

Listening to Chief Osita Osadebe- Jesus Onye Ndu (an amazing song)

124 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by tayoxx(m): 12:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
Eyah..elewon..

2 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by coolhamid(m): 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
I knew it will get to this very extent. Before the election, Dokpesi ran a documentary targeted on spoiling the image of PMB. To me its just not ordinary documentary but a documentary with the sole aim of tarnishing the image of PMB. In fact most of the allegations in the so called documentary were false.

You don't run such documentary against me and expect me to keep quiet when i eventually become the president...

Immediately after the election, he sent some of his staffers to Daura to carry out a NEW documentary on PMB but unfortunately for dokpesi, the deed has already been done...

I wish you a nice time in Kuje Prison.

Coolhamid

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by Mutuwa(m): 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
grin

who go surety crook?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
400 million shocked...I read somewhere that Bail is free now...Oh that was in police Station.

If I had that $2 million, first thing I would do is pay my Hot Nigga Bobby Shmurda's bail from jailbail and all charges for..........$2 million cry

#FreeMyNiggaBobbyShmurda cry.

9 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by 20bc(m): 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
Eya, Nobody is going to bail this man oh.... cry

3 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by Miracle4Sure: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
I laugh......
Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by HighQue007: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
;DNigeria future is very bright!!

If he eventually meets the bail conditions..The sureties should be investigated and i am not even sure anyone would come out even if they fit in for the surety..This is what you will see when you pray against the enemies of Nigeria; no need to mention names.

His hell starts from here no need to wait till any imaginary afterlife we are not sure about when for sure he looted the money when alive at least we are sure of his jail time then him and God will settle themselves in heaven

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by adeoba2008(m): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
The rich should also taste prisons once in a while.

3 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by DONSMITH123(m): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
chai, only one night and Dokpesi face don turn like my grand pa?

No peace for the looters grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by QueenEdna(f): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
Very good, He should spend more nights there. Corrupt beings.

3 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by sirxbits: 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
Gud
Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by Ladyad(f): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
That's good news

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by iswallker(m): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
seen...

next.... cheesy
Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by Smartsyn(m): 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
The money is not the problem, but no sane civil servant will like to show himself in this critical period.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
Nice
Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by jayflicke: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
jayflicke is in
Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by hakeem4(m): 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
tongue
Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by blazetitov: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
Where is Junior oo. Daddy is sleeping inside Kuje hotel Prison. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I said it last week that he better start looking for how his dad will meet his bail conditions instead of him releasing yeye press statements, now it is time.

But he should be able to raise the N400M now, he would still have like N1.7Bn left from the 'media money'.

In PMB's voice, Don't fear me, but fear the consequences of your actions. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

32 Likes

Re: Dokpesi, Unable To Meet N400 Million Bail Condition, Spends Night In Kuje Prison by alphaconde(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
Kai

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Musa Iliyasu-Kwankwaso Admits Ganduje Received Bribe / Kidnapped Emir Of Kajuru Breaks Down At Reunion After Regaining Freedom / Boko Haram Abducts 100 Young Men In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.