Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) (44122 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by MhizLehwayche(f): 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
is Abajah a newly created LGA in imo state never heard of it before ooooo

quote author=contactmorak post=41022030]The 28 feet statue, Jesus De Greatest, which will be the fifth tallest statue in Africa, will be unveiled at St. Aloysius Catholic Church in the Abajah local government area of Imo state, on January 1, 2016. The statue was funded and offered to the church by Obinna Onuoha, founder of Premier Petroleum Limited.
According to a statement signed by Onuoha's rep, the statue has a total weight of 40 tons and is made of marble. Onuoha, an indigene of Abajah, and a devout catholic, is a graduate of York St. Johns University in the United Kingdom and the Harvard Business School

www.newseveryhour.com/2015/12/photo-imo-state-set-to-unveil-tallest.html[/quote]
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Johnsown1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
Pheals:
lol U be good photographer cry
YES NA, NA ME SNAP OBAMA FOR KENYA
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Justice28(m): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Pheals:
undecidedthe Bible does not support graven image... by the way who knows how Jesus look like,what is the statue for? Catholic shaaa

Why can't u just pretend to have sense
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by lonelydora: 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
Pheals:
undecidedthe Bible does not support graven image... by the way who knows how Jesus look like,what is the statue for? Catholic shaaa

What of Pentecoastals that worship their pastors as if he's God. I prefer to worship Virgin Mary and Jesus status than an ordinary man who claims to be man of God. I

'm not a Catholic though.
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by ikorodureporta: 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ojestas:
Is this really Needful

Idolatry or what??

Like some would say " EndTime Statue"

END-TIME! grin grin
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
African inferiority complex at work. That is, supposing this story is real.
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Pheals(f): 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
Justice28:

Why can't u just pretend to have sense
do U have sense?
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by drgeorge1(m): 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
ajepako:
Another white elephant project.

Probably with enough budget pumped into it, it would become the real ' Jesus'

And take Imo state out of its quagmire.

Oya, Imolites, una money don enter bush..

after smoking your usual ijebu weed, you rushed to type rubbish.. and now that your eyes have cleared, kindly read the few lines on the post.. and comment. Tnx.
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by drgeorge1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
preciousMI1:
wasting of resources..

this rochas sha.... lack of focus...

leaving undone those things which he ought to do and doing things which he ought not to do.... how about feeding d very poor with the money he used to set this up? does d image guarantee heaven??

..and this is why they keep failing their waec. hmmm #smh
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by drgeorge1(m): 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
buchilino:
AS A CHRISTIAN I SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH DIS GESTURE BUT AM NOT, INSTEAD 4 DIS BAFOON 2 PAY HIS WORKERS DER SALARIES N PENSIONS, HE IS BUSY BUILDING STATUES. WAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH THESE GOVERNORS, D OTHER ONE WENT BUILT A DRUM 4 HIS PPLE.

..and why not go through the post before you spew trash.. #smh
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by drnsoha(m): 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
priscaoge:
Just like that Christmas Tree.....Anyways I hope he won't name the statue after his Son-in-law undecided undecided
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by drnsoha(m): 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
priscaoge:
Just like that Christmas Tree.....Anyways I hope he won't name the statue after his Son-in-law undecided undecided

You are truly an Imolite
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by monex(m): 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Pheals:
OK Bro but God does not want anything as a symbola for him, it's in the Bible
well. the bible is subject to interpretations. The Holy Spirit is there to teach.

i do not disagree or agree with you. i was just stating facts about the catholic church
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by jordyspices: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
R0LL0N:
Nice one. D first in history of Nigeria
. That's not jesus christ that's the picture of ceasar borgia angry

1 Like

Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
It is actually Batistuta image. that Argentine football player.

1 Like

Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Rawar: 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Nigeria and their poor mentality. Does it mean that monument is bad?
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Rawar: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
Those against the statue will be the first to post the pics here......moda fucker
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by 20bc(m): 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
LEGALAide:

your comment makes me remember John 12:5 "That perfume was worth a year's wages. It should have been sold and the money given to the poor."
Check it out.
Thanks will check it out later....
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by preciousMI1(f): 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
drgeorge1:

..and this is why they keep failing their waec. hmmm #smh
who are the "theys" & why are u SYH
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by nicolosam(m): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
Misapplication of public fund! Who says This Is Jesus Christ? This is serious!!!
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
CharlieMaria:
In Exodus 25vs18 God commanded the making of a man made cherub of beaten gold on the ark of the covenant. So if making images is wrong God should be the first offender we are only imitating him. In Josue 7vs6 Josue wit al the elders of israel fell prostrate before the ark of the covenant with statue of angels on it and God did not take offence. So if Josue did this and God did not complain what makes you think he will complain when i bow before the statue of Jesus or Mary? Read your bible well dear

First of all, the bible doesnt state anywhere that we should make an image of Jesus and bow down to it. How are you guys sure that it is really the image of the Lord that you bow down to? It is stone and not Jesus. It is idolatry and there is no two ways about it

But hey, lets just say that its fair enough that you bow down to a supposed image of Jesus Christ because he is your Lord and personal saviour. But please tell me why you would bow down to mary?? The bible tells us to pray in the name of Jesus and the only way to the Father is through Jesus. why would you pray through mary or even hail her?
The bible is there to lead us in the way to live as christians. So i don't understand why any christian or any "denomination" of christianity will do anything contrary to the word of God which is the holy Bible
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Preshochyx(m): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
shammah1:
Hi bro wink
How you doing boss?
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by mama777(f): 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
very good development in imo state and nigeria at large.at least nigeria will have its own statue of liberty in imo state.
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Boomark(m): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
End time idol worshipers since 20bc. Non of them have been about to answer why they bow and kneel before different faces of people they call their Jesus. That includes movie actors.

Imitating Nebuchadnezzar like tomorrow no dey, Daniel 3.
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by knightsamsong(m): 12:19am On Dec 16, 2015
Needless
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by drgeorge1(m): 1:44am On Dec 16, 2015
who are the "theys" & why are u SYH[/quote]

kindly go through the post.. and then see what you've wrote.. humm.
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by CharlieMaria(m): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2015
MissGdope:

First of all, the bible doesnt state anywhere that we should make an image of Jesus and bow down to it. How are you guys sure that it is really the image of the Lord that you bow down to? It is stone and not Jesus. It is idolatry and there is no two ways about it

But hey, lets just say that its fair enough that you bow down to a supposed image of Jesus Christ because he is your Lord and personal saviour. But please tell me why you would bow down to mary?? The bible tells us to pray in the name of Jesus and the only way to the Father is through Jesus. why would you pray through mary or even hail her?
The bible is there to lead us in the way to live as christians. So i don't understand why any christian or any "denomination" of christianity will do anything contrary to the word of God which is the holy Bible
Dear sister did the Bible state anywhere the word "Bible"? Why do you go on using the bible? Since you can't find the word bible in the book you call bible? Let us consider in the first place what idolatry is: idolatry does not consist in singing the praise of someone or a superior or bowing before the person or the person's spirit. Neither does it consist in making images. Let's take a ride to prove these assertions: In num 21vs6to9 God commanded the Israelites to make a brozen serpent and look at it in order to get healed. God who commanded that knew it was man-made yet he said they must look at it to get healed because his Spirit has possessd that statue. In Exodus 25vs18 God also commanded that 2Cherubs of beaten gold b made on the ark of the covenant and in Josue7vs6, Josue n israeli elders prostrated be4 the ark. Why? because psalm 80vs1, 1sam4:4, 2sam6vs2 ps99vs1to6 and 2kings19vs15 tel us that God enthroned his glory in the middle of the ark above and between the Cherubs. So wen Josue bowed he knew the spirit of God had taken over the man made ark. The Israelites who made the Image of the angels on the ark how are they sure which angel they were makin? God did not say we should not make images at all. We atleast have images and icons of our loved ones, past heroes etc evrywhr can u accuse the Nigeria's president of Idolatry when he salutes the National Flag? You can't accuse a catholic of Idolatry as wel wen he bows befor the statue of Jesus or Mary because bowin down be4 the spirit of a superior is not idolatry confirm this in Gen19vs1 lot bowed down to venerate the two angels in sodom. Even in Gen42vs6 Joseph's brother bowed before him wit al their faces on the ground. If you cnt accuse Lot and Joseph's brother of idolatry then don't accuse catholics either. Now Idolatry consists when the person who is in question sees any person or any object other than God as his uncreated creator, infact his or her endpoint. When you see any creature as your God, that is idolatry. Confirm this frm Exodus 32vs2to4.andvs7to8. So the question is do i or catholics see Mary or her statue or image as God and creator and our endpoint? The answer is No! That will be intolerable heresy.
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Tonyreal49(m): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2015
My children lakes knowledge
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Tonyreal49(m): 9:56am On Dec 16, 2015
My children lack knowledge
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by walozanga(m): 10:28am On Dec 16, 2015
PAY WORKERS ABEG
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
CharlieMaria:
Dear sister did the Bible state anywhere the word "Bible"? Why do you go on using the bible? Since you can't find the word bible in the book you call bible? Let us consider in the first place what idolatry is: idolatry does not consist in singing the praise of someone or a superior or bowing before the person or the person's spirit. Neither does it consist in making images. Let's take a ride to prove these assertions: In num 21vs6to9 God commanded the Israelites to make a brozen serpent and look at it in order to get healed. God who commanded that knew it was man-made yet he said they must look at it to get healed because his Spirit has possessd that statue. In Exodus 25vs18 God also commanded that 2Cherubs of beaten gold b made on the ark of the covenant and in Josue7vs6, Josue n israeli elders prostrated be4 the ark. Why? because psalm 80vs1, 1sam4:4, 2sam6vs2 ps99vs1to6 and 2kings19vs15 tel us that God enthroned his glory in the middle of the ark above and between the Cherubs. So wen Josue bowed he knew the spirit of God had taken over the man made ark. The Israelites who made the Image of the angels on the ark how are they sure which angel they were makin? God did not say we should not make images at all. We atleast have images and icons of our loved ones, past heroes etc evrywhr can u accuse the Nigeria's president of Idolatry when he salutes the National Flag? You can't accuse a catholic of Idolatry as wel wen he bows befor the statue of Jesus or Mary because bowin down be4 the spirit of a superior is not idolatry confirm this in Gen19vs1 lot bowed down to venerate the two angels in sodom. Even in Gen42vs6 Joseph's brother bowed before him wit al their faces on the ground. If you cnt accuse Lot and Joseph's brother of idolatry then don't accuse catholics either. Now Idolatry consists when the person who is in question sees any person or any object other than God as his uncreated creator, infact his or her endpoint. When you see any creature as your God, that is idolatry. Confirm this frm Exodus 32vs2to4.andvs7to8. So the question is do i or catholics see Mary or her statue or image as God and creator and our endpoint? The answer is No! That will be intolerable heresy.

I managed to read your first line. Dude, the word Bible simply means book. Holy Bible means Holy book. Now tell me does it take a genius to realise that the word of God is a book (BIBLE). that point is totally invalid.
You can't twist the meaning of idolatry. Its simply worshipping an inanimate object. God is not an inanimate object! Whats the pupose of bowing down to an "image" of Jesus when you can simply pray without the statue. Or do you want to tell me that it gets your prayers heard? No!! Cos i never bowed and Jesus answers my prayers everyday
however, you do realise that Christianity means Christ-like. Therefore we should be like Jesus, act like Jesus, and do what he has told us to do. When did Jesus ever tell us to make an image of him or his mother? Did you ever see in the Holy Book (Bible oo) where Jesus bowed down to any type of image?? No! The truth is a bitter pill to swallow but I will keep saying it. Desist from idolatry cos it will get you no where. Bowing down to those statues is idolatry!!!
Hosea 4:6 "my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge". Now you have knowledge, use it or leave it. But be wise
Re: Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) by Nkasiobi87(f): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2015
CharlieMaria:
In Exodus 25vs18 God commanded the making of a man made cherub of beaten gold on the ark of the covenant. So if making images is wrong God should be the first offender we are only imitating him. In Josue 7vs6 Josue wit al the elders of israel fell prostrate before the ark of the covenant with statue of angels on it and God did not take offence. So if Josue did this and God did not complain what makes you think he will complain when i bow before the statue of Jesus or Mary? Read your bible well dear
God instruct the people of Israel to make cherub to beautify the ark not yo worship it. belive it or not if you bow down and worship any images in form of God your worshiping idol.if you bow down to that statue your doing what exactly what shadrach, meshach and Abadenego refuse to do in the reign of king Nebuchadnezzar. worship only one God not in any image form. only dibia worship thier god's in idolise way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lizzy Johnson Suleman And Her Children In UK For Vacation (Photos) / Zambia Deports Pastor Augustine Oso Ebosele Of Omega Fire Ministries / Apostle Suleman Replies Follower Who Begged For Money To Replace Mother's Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.