Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? (20599 Views)

Gtbank Offer And A Travel Agency Offer / Access Bank Plc Inbetweeners Programme 2015 / NBC Management Trainee 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
My guy congrats....truelly happy for u....I swear ur testimony made my day....a beg share me d secret....
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by bisi16(m): 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
bwaley:
I just started access bank training school yesterday and NBC sent me an offer today, which one shud I go for please? I need conclusion base on job security and working terms.
Just every1 have said, u're better off at NBC. I've bn there b4
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by francotunsco: 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
When u say NBC what do u mean? It sounds strange to us in Malawi!
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by obiaguna(m): 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
Man this is a no brainer. My friends dumped access bank TS for Kpmg and EY positions so they could develop mentally and gather skills that are actually "transferable" in any organization they find themselves. The key word here should be what skills and knowledge can I acquire on the job and not how much would I be paid. Man if it's not a CITI bank or any other investment bank pls don't consider it. Pick NBC ASAP. Don't dull at all.

2 Likes

Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by tega4eddie: 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
DONT EVEN WASTE MORE TIME.....RUN TO NBC...KIA KIA grin grin grin
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by sisisioge: 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
NBC...no contest.
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by spirit88: 1:59am On Dec 16, 2015
I think am in a very good position to advise u. I started my career with FCMB. I regretted all of the blessed day I spent there. I learnt nothing. The stress is there but what is more stressful abt it is the trauma that comes with the almighty target.....Mondays are hell days. Sundays are rapture days and ending of the month are judgment day.
All the training periods are Childs play. By the time ure 3 months into the jobs, u will know that police is ur friend when soldier slaps u.
I call banking career a closed career. What do I mean? Except u work in another financial institutions, its hard to fit in well in other sectors (am not talking of IT, and some other support professions). Because nothing that much to gain until u get to the top level.
I moved 8 months later to FMCG sector where I am for over 5yrs. The beautiful thing abt these 5 yrs is that I have worked in more than 4 coys with 2 multi nationals included. Its easier to move in FMCG and the kind of training and more importantly exposure to the realities of this world u will get is incomparable.
In conclusion, If u believe in a God, talk to Him but if u wanna follow me, go to NBC.

6 Likes

Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by ddeola: 3:12am On Dec 16, 2015
My advice, don't go and enslave yourself in Access bank. A word is enough for the wise
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:20am On Dec 16, 2015
U've said it all!!!

Bank work is so stressful and nobody really has d time to mentor you cos dey all have their huge targets.

Need to process a facility...papaer work na die.Now imagine wen 5 customers push in loan applications at the same time-i'm not talking personal loans o!I'm talking OD for companies,contract finance IFFs,Inventory finance et al.All of them calling u at the same time.I always tell pple-salary is.not everything.The moment you clock 5yrs,u are almost locked/trapped in banking.
I look at AMs,DMs,Managers-they stand and give account of their performance weekly and i.ask.myself-which day person.go.outgrow dis nonsense on d job.
They tell u to your face that efforts dont count-save the stories...where is the transaction?

They send a mail on friday that u shld come to work on saturday.They careless abt the plans u already have for the weekend.

If you are all about salary-take it.But if are abt career advancement,take the NBC job.I tell u one thing-you can come.back and work in.the bank and negotiate terms with your experience.Not like now dat dey treat u like dey doing u a favour and place u in any dept.

I.dont tink.i.need to state that i work in d bank do i? undecided

My 2cents
spirit88:
I think am in a very good position to advise u. I started my career with FCMB. I regretted all of the blessed day I spent there. I learnt nothing. The stress is there but what is more stressful abt it is the trauma that comes with the almighty target.....Mondays are hell days. Sundays are rapture days and ending of the month are judgment day.
All the training periods are Childs play. By the time ure 3 months into the jobs, u will know that police is ur friend when soldier slaps u.
I call banking career a closed career. What do I mean? Except u work in another financial institutions, its hard to fit in well in other sectors (am not talking of IT, and some other support professions). Because nothing that much to gain until u get to the top level.
I moved 8 months later to FMCG sector where I am for over 5yrs. The beautiful thing abt these 5 yrs is that I have worked in more than 4 coys with 2 multi nationals included. Its easier to move in FMCG and the kind of training and more importantly exposure to the realities of this world u will get is incomparable.
In conclusion, If u believe in a God, talk to Him but if u wanna follow me, go to NBC.

1 Like

Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by bwaley(m): 7:13am On Dec 16, 2015
spirit88:

Tnx boss, I appreciate
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by nattyman: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2015
bwaley:
I just started access bank training school yesterday and NBC sent me an offer today, which one shud I go for please? I need conclusion base on job security and working terms.

Please forget bank job and go for the conglomerate stuff.
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by tinnyashamu(m): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2015
CAR GINI?
WHEN U R NOT A MANAGER?
OGBENI, U BETA PORT TO NBC NAHNAHANAHANAH

obynaDmob:
Please go to NBC before access bank give you car and hold u down... You go work tire ehn..
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by Devdaz(m): 10:21am On Dec 16, 2015
Access for where?? Am sure the NBC offer is Management Training offer. Abeg Kindling go for NBC More secured, No individual Target, etc. And don't forget bank this days can fold up anytime bt NBC, the last time i checked nothing like that. The choice is clear.

Congrats once again!!!
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by APRIDE(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2015
ControlX:
If you're daring, bold and a risk taker, go for AccessBank. If you're conservative, introverted and a safe player, go for NBC. In the end, remember. The higher the risk, the higher the reward. The lower the risk, the lower the reward. C' est fini!

On the contrary bro, NBC would offer less risk and better pay. Trust me on this one, i work there.
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by obynaDmob(m): 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2015
DonUjay:
Why would someone even post this kind of BS?. Don't you have an elderly person in your family to get advice from? How did this even make frontpage?...some people are just so addicted to Showing Off. Even if they Buy a New toothbrush, they won't be satisfied until everyone knows about it

Ibuprofen for the pain cry
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by PresVA: 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
APRIDE:

On the contrary bro, NBC would offer less risk and better pay. Trust me on this one, i work there.
So NBC pays over 200k for trainee position?
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by yemixi4real(m): 11:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
NBC xcept you have long leg in Access Bank.... Remember you must score at 65 in the 18 courses you will take in TS...
Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by Majesticniyi(m): 1:34am On Dec 17, 2015
I was recruited into NBC right out of school. I wasn't sure then if I was making the right career decision but this is my fifth year and I'm not regretting the time spent here. Forget the pay (which by the way is attractive) and focus on the non-monetary gains. NBC would train you, practically force you to develop yourself academically, regular salary increases, give you time to enjoy salary with your family....etc. And the beautiful thing about NBC is that you work with people who see you as a family member and would always have your back. Bro, it all depends on the position you are offered but if I'm in your shoes and I know what I know today about NBC and Access (where my best friend works), I wouldn't even be asking this on nairaland....its NBC all the way!

2 Likes

Re: NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? by youngjoe10(m): 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
(NBC)Is it Nigerian bottling company or Nigeria broadcasting service?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finally Got Job From One Of The Two Jobs I Rejected / No Jobs Or No Employable Graduates? / Who Has Successfully Written His N-health Test?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.