Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

A Peek At Simon - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Peek At Simon (571 Views)

. / Romeo Patapan: A Short Story By Simon / The Great Hunt: A Sneak Peek (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Peek At Simon by monickerless: 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
The first roof was red. The next one was concrete, with three people carrying things onto it. The next building was under construction, the higher parts like the root of a tree, the grassy ground around it covered in leaves like the apex of the tree and everything in-between like the trunk. Suddenly there were too many buildings to notice, all getting too small to observe at the same time. As the helicopter went higher, Frank felt the grip on his arm tighten and the steel of the barrel thrust harder against his back.
“Time to talk” Simon said. His croaky voice was hard to hear over the beating of Frank’s heart. Simon pulled open the door of the helicopter and waved to the pale man who held Frank. The pale man pushed Frank off his seat and on his knees next to the door; his placed one of his powerful hands on Frank’s left shoulder and placed the barrel of his pistol on the back of Frank’s head.
Frank closed his eyes as the cold wind blew on his face. His head throbbed. He felt Simon’s warm breath on his neck.
“Open your eyes boy” Simon instructed, pulling his nose. Frank obeyed instantly.
”Everything you see is mine, and if you had bowed to me I would have given you dominion over it, but you didn’t; you decided to insult me with stupid, childish words”.
The pale man bent Frank’s head closer to the door, closer to the edge. Frank shut his eyelids tight at the sight of the metal floor and the city far below it. He wished he hadn’t said Simon was “all huff and no puff, more like a powder puff than the big bad wolf he wants the whole world to believe he is”, on television. He wished he seen Simon have his own girlfriend ruined for disrespecting him earlier than that morning. He now understood that Simon was more than the big bad wolf, Simon was the roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
As the door slid shut, and the cold wind stopped blowing in his face Frank opened his eyes and looked at Simon, turning his head slowly to avoid a accident with the gun on his head.
“I’m sorry Simon, I swear I’m sorry”. His voice shivered on his behalf as tears dropped from his eyes. “I’ll do whatever you want; I’ll leave if you say so I’ll...”
“Shut up” Simon cut him off “Of course you’re sorry Frankie; you always have been a sorry excuse for a human being. Searching for a reason to live aren’t you? Well I have a reason to let you live.”
The pale man pushed Frank onto the seat beside Simon. Frank turned and looked at Simon’s cold face, he had been too scared to notice the seats by the door earlier.
“I used to like you boy, I might like you again one day if you act accordingly” Simon said, fishing a piece of folded paper out of his pocket. “The first step you should take is putting your signature on this right here”. The pale man held out a pen, he had put away his pistol.
Frank grabbed the pen and then the paper and signed, his hand moving furiously over the paper.
“Good choice boy, that’s the way to negotiate; get the upper hand before you offer terms” he folded the piece of paper back into his pocket. “Meet my new bodyguard Galt, pilot take us to my lawyers’ ”.
As the helicopter descended Frank felt his heart slow down and his head get heavier. Simon had exposed his girlfriend Penelope “Petal” Paul’s past history of prostitution and provided incriminating evidence that her doctor father had been involved in importation and distribution of inferior drugs for years, just because he found out she referred to him as “the perv” when texting with her friends. She had been promptly relieved of her official duties at the bank where she worked, and her family was put in ruins when her father was arrested. He had disrespected Simon because he thought Simon could do nothing to help her until earlier that day when his friend Mia told him Simon had been bribing the authorities double what Dr Jonathan Paul offered them. He knew he had been spared for a reason he was not very eager to find out.
Simon lit a cigarette and looked out of the window, Frank looked out too. The first roof he saw was red.
Re: A Peek At Simon by monickerless: 6:51am On Dec 19, 2015
Please review my work

(1) (Reply)

The Man I Loved / I Need Short Stories / Anthem Written On War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.