Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. (1504 Views)

It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning / READ: Before You Subscribe To That Airtel Opera Mini Data Bundle. / WOW!! Airtel Is Back Again With Unlimited Midnite Data Browsing Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
I subscribed for airtel 3g with *440*16# yesterday, after which I received the 3g (I use galaxy s4). I restricted background data then I started downloading real racing3 (435mb cos it's an update). Mid way, I received a message stating that I've used 75% of the data. Before I could finish, they sent another that I've used 95% of the data (remember ooo, am only downloading 435mb). After the download, I decided to check my data balance *123*9#, I had 459mb remaining! (I was bewildered ). I didn't call the customer service, I kept my cool and swallowed it. This evening, real racing3 poped up an advert for a Lamborghini racing worth 61mb only to download. Haven remembered the 459mb remaining, I was full of confidence and I commenced with the download. I was getting excited just at 97% It hung. I checked my mb, nothing was left! all was gone! I shed a few tears and I bought another 1500 naira credit and I subscribed again. Please help me my friends, how do I make this stop? I want to enjoy my data as I use it cos there's no Alien sharing my phone with me.

cc. lalasticlala
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by Frankestein08(m): 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
Aswear those people are thieves, the 3gb they claim is actually 1.5gb. Even their time based plans ain't unlimited. I did same #1500 for 3gb and I planned to download with 1.5gb den manage d remaining half till it expires but unfortunately after 1.5gb it stopped, b4 dat I cld not even see d actual data I ve left cos dey wouldn't include it in d text and when I called them the very rude witless girl dat picked told me their system is showing that I've used 3gb.

I was shocked cos my avg n phone data usage apps say I've only used 1.5gb so what happened to the remaining 1.5gb. in case some low end person koms to say my data usage apps probably malfunctioned, I've been using it for oda networks and it was accurate so y shld airtel b d reverse. I wished I recorded my call with d rude gal but I ve pictures to prove my claim. I find it very hilarious that with so little subscribers that airtel choose to go down dis road to dier doom.

Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by jessejagga(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
and I d plan to sub that 1500 too
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
OK that's my own snapshot cos thus is the third time am subscribing. This one am using is just 1hr old so the used data you see on the snap shot means the summation of my 1st and 2nd subscriptions. That means, it's 1.5g not 3g as supposed claimed by Airtel! ooh my G! Now am convinced that this network is a total scam! !!! Please spread the news! people show be aware of this scam!

Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by Panshow(m): 4:43am On Dec 16, 2015
Your best bet is to dump that fvcking network and move on. Airtel is the worst network I've ever used. They'll give you 3gig but behind the scene, it's actually 500mb. You can subscribe to glo 1.5gig for N1000, it's way more profitable than airtel 3gig in the long run.

3 Likes

Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by Lawalmd(m): 5:06am On Dec 16, 2015
you people keep subscribing to BlackBerry plans on android, the plan will double charge because it's not meant for that platform try and search for there normal data bundle and see if it would have a different billing rate, the weekend plan that I normally subscribe to does not double charge at least I know that for a fact

1 Like

Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by pillan(f): 6:40am On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=Frankestein08 post=41037866]Aswear those people are thieves, the 3gb they claim is actually 1.5gb. Even their time based plans ain't unlimited. I did same #1500 for 3gb and I planned to download with 1.5gb...pls how can i download instagram+..plssss reply
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by Frankestein08(m): 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=pillan post=41045032][/quote]

In between, u look pretty good n I wld love to get acquainted but it wld luk lyk am doing it jst to get something in return. anyway visit ogmods . net to download instagram+
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by pillan(f): 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
Frankestein08:

In between, u look pretty good n I wld love to get acquainted but it wld luk lyk am doing it jst to get something in return. anyway visit ogmods . net to download instagram+
Thank u very much
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by frediech(m): 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
Airtel scammers of the endtime
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by donhils: 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
Panshow:
Your best bet is to dump that fvcking network and move on. Airtel is the worst network I've ever used. They'll give you 3gig but behind the scene, it's actually 500mb. You can subscribe to glo 1.5gig for N1000, it's way more profitable than airtel 3gig in the long run.
Only that with Glo, network is hardly available.

1 Like

Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by donhils: 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:
I subscribed for airtel 3g with *440*16# yesterday, after which I received the 3g (I use galaxy s4). I restricted background data then I started downloading real racing3 (435mb cos it's an update). Mid way, I received a message stating that I've used 75% of the data. Before I could finish, they sent another that I've used 95% of the data (remember ooo, am only downloading 435mb). After the download, I decided to check my data balance *123*9#, I had 459mb remaining! (I was bewildered ). I didn't call the customer service, I kept my cool and swallowed it. This evening, real racing3 poped up an advert for a Lamborghini racing worth 61mb only to download. Haven remembered the 459mb remaining, I was full of confidence and I commenced with the download. I was getting excited just at 97% It hung. I checked my mb, nothing was left! all was gone! I shed a few tears and I bought another 1500 naira credit and I subscribed again. Please help me my friends, how do I make this stop? I want to enjoy my data as I use it cos there's no Alien sharing my phone with me.

cc. lalasticlala
Talking about real racing 3, have you played Asphalt 8 too? if yes; both compared, which one is better?
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by Panshow(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
donhils:

Only that with Glo, network is hardly available.
Yea, maybe depends on the location. cos down here, I'm using Glo without much problem
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
donhils:

Talking about real racing 3, have you played Asphalt 8 too? if yes; both compared, which one is better?
Real racing3 is better and more matured in terms of graphics and realistic game play. Asphalt 8 is kinda more thrilling cos of the speed effects and nitros,
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
donhils:

Real racing3 is better and more matured in terms of graphics and realistic game play. Asphalt 8 is kinda more thrilling cos of the speed effects and nitros.
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by Frankestein08(m): 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
pillan:
Thank u very much
sure thing.
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 17, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:

cc. lalasticlala
during peak period you are billed 1.5 mb per mb while off peak it's 1.0 mb. So during the day time for every download you make including some data running at the background, you are billed 1.5 mb per data.. Peak period is between 6a.m to 10p.m while off peak is between 10p.m to 6a.m.. This rates isn't applicable to blackberry devices with the exception of bb 10 O.S
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
asuustrike2009:

during peak period you are billed 1.5 mb per mb while off peak it's 1.0 mb. So during the day time for every download you make including some data running at the background, you are billed 1.5 mb per data.. Peak period is between 6a.m to 10p.m while off peak is between 10p.m to 6a.m.. This rates isn't applicable to blackberry devices with the exception of bb 10 O.S
That's bullsh!t!!! No offense to you but it's still bullsh!t.
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 18, 2015
CASTOSVILLA:
That's bullsh!t!!! No offense to you but it's still bullsh!t.
that's the reality so it's better you opt. in for android bundle
Re: Am Beginning To Think That Airtel Is A Scam. by benedictuyi(m): 10:22am On Dec 18, 2015
Lawalmd:
you people keep subscribing to BlackBerry plans on android, the plan will double charge because it's not meant for that platform try and search for there normal data bundle and see if it would have a different billing rate, the weekend plan that I normally subscribe to does not double charge at least I know that for a fact

it's not like the weekend plan works for everyone. .it doesn't work for me. called deir customer care and was told it's a privileged for loyal customers and i should keep on recharging cry
Lawalmd:

it's not like the weekend plan works for everyone. .it doesn't work for me. called deir customer care and was told it's a privile
ged for loyal customers and i should keep on recharging

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover Lost Contacts From Android / Facebook Disabled My Account With No Good Reason / Infinix Mobility Is Planning Something Big - Check Out The Infinix Hot S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.