Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria (17270 Views)

I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / After Over 20 Job Interviews, God Answered My Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Dahveydson(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
;
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
I can see end time admirers forming end time recruitment agents cos its an end time lady involved..

whereas the end time jobless men are here having no one to help..

my bro... help a bro like yu@those forming bosses here. mtchew

3 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
Sheikwonder:
This is so funny...12k??

Chai!

Imagine what it would then be like if the minimum wage was brought down from 18k as those governors are proposing....employers would be paying workers via recharge card... At the end of the month you would be seeing MTN transfer alert of #2500
Very funny yet you are also very correct. That was how I went for a teaching job recently and the director there offered to pay me 5000 and told me that the reason for the pay is because he sees talent in me and hence he is doing me a favour to gain experience, and yet he wanted me to take mathematics for both junior and senior class! Lol! I told him that taking the subject is not an issue to me since I had all class maths experience during my NYSC but that the pay is low. But then I quickly reminded him so as to correct his ''doing me a favour mentality'' that if employed with good pay it will be a win-win situation, he'll pay and I'll render service. Hence I refused the job. The year 2016 will be fruitful! Amen.

5 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by teehef: 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
A Silver Corolla 2004 model with plate number KUJ 181 HN (abuja) was stolen on Sunday at Ilupeju. Please call 08098980717 if you have any information that can help find it
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by butanep(m): 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
Some employers are very silly.

I went through one months ago. After going through about five stages of interview. The Assistant Admin head was the first to interview me, followed by the Operation head, then the MD and lastly we were given a book about the company to summarised.

The interview took two days plus... I was happy I have landed in my Garden of Eden on the second day. I couldn't even sleep when they told some of us to resume the third day for our appointment letter. I woke up by 4pm. I didn't even eat so I could get there on time.

After much talk, they congratulated us and gave us induction. I was just waiting for the pay to come up because my mind was not in the induction.

Then the main time came, a lady walked in & introduced herself telling us the nature of our job.

When we finally got it, HND holders were given 25k & BSC holders for 30k. I was so annoyed. Imagine a BSC holder in this company receiving 30k. It stated we are to resume work by 7:30am and close by 6pm. Two guyz immediately turn down the offer and went home. I told them I will resume fully tomorrow, the tomorrow is yet to come...

After conducting interview for about 3days, I was just angry because it was a waste of time for me. Some companies earn much income but treat their workers as slaves...

3 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by butanep(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
Peaceisgold:

Very funny yet you are also very correct. That was how I went for a teaching job recently and the director there offered to pay me 5000 and told me that the reason for the pay is because he sees talents in me and hence he is doing me a favour to gain experience, and yet he wanted me to take mathematics for both junior and senior class! Lol! I told him that taking the subject is not an issue to me since I had all class maths experience during my NYSC but that the pay is low. But then I quickly reminded him so as to correct his ''doing me a favour mentality'' that if employed with good pay it will be a win-win situation, he'll pay and I'll render service. Hence I refused the job. The year 2016 will be fruitful! Amen.

You mean 5k as a graduate?

This country is really in serious problem...

Pricing graduate like school sat holder.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
butanep:

You mean 5k as a graduate?

This country is really in serious problem...

Pricing graduate like school sat holder.
Lol! I am telling you! The truth is I received even above 5000 when I was still a school cert holder. It's one of those experience sha.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by SAMoya2016: 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
Geesammy:

Dats ridiculous for a graduate considering the task u will be required to perform and infact dat amount can't even feed u alone accurately let alone to drop some spills for ur loved ones who may sometimes look up to u as being a working class and to worsen it all how many years will it take u recoup ur cost of education... I dnt blame employers dis days its because of the mentality of getting something doing dat has gone viral which in turn make graduate laylow for loathsome offers....though I work with a private firm too bt atleast its nt dat bad for a start, PM me let's see if ur discipline can get u a space at the 2016 recruitment....#MayGodBlessOurHustle

I just resigned from a private polytechnic where I am being paid 10k for a course for a whole semester not per month. I was giving two courses to teach and by this, at d end of d semester, I will collect 20K. (5k per month) Naija Sucks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by anderslizzy(f): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
Either, we like it or not, the environment is harsh, a detailed research showed recently that more than 80% of companies in Nigeria do not see their first birthday. 12k is indeed a peanut, the reason we need to start thinking of acquiring skills that will make us self employed even if you don't turn business guru..... just saying

3 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by butanep(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
Peaceisgold:

Lol! I am telling you! The truth is I received even above 5000 when I was still a school cert holder. It's one of those experience sha.
*sees talent*

It is well jare...
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Geesammy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Amen o
I received ur mail yesterday of which I av replied bt can't really see a response back.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Geesammy(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
SAMoya2016:

I just resigned from a private polytechnic where I am being paid 10k for a course for a whole semester not per month. I was giving two courses to teach and by this, at d end of d semester, I will collect 20K. (5k per month) Naija Sucks

This is jst wat we are talking abt dats too ridiculous...dats why I am of the habit of advising ladies to buckle up for a daily-income bizness then move on till a better offers come around as we guys sef still dey hustle oo...lolss
We will all make it to the top this I am sure of.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Olomubj: 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
Nigeria is getting worse and worse.a B.SC holders 12k where someone with just birth certificate is earning #87k in north God see us through

2 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Anita1875(f): 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
Geesammy:

Dats ridiculous for a graduate considering the task u will be required to perform and infact dat amount can't even feed u alone accurately let alone to drop some spills for ur loved ones who may sometimes look up to u as being a working class and to worsen it all how many years will it take u recoup ur cost of education... I dnt blame employers dis days its because of the mentality of getting something doing dat has gone viral which in turn make graduate laylow for loathsome offers....though I work with a private firm too bt atleast its nt dat bad for a start, PM me let's see if ur discipline can get u a space at the 2016 recruitment....#MayGodBlessOurHustle
I also need help biko. I am an accountancy graduate resident in Lagos
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
Supply is greater than demand, the employers are having a field day to do whatever they like in the name of screening>
You are even lucky sef, my friend who applied for the position of receptionist in a hotel in ph was asked to dance nude before her offer letter could be drafted, despite being told that she will be on probation for 1 year on a salary of 25k and its a 7 day job. cool

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Onlymewakacum(m): 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
Op.. not all interviews are like that.. I attended an interview over the weekend in Abuja and it was not so hectic and the pay package is fair. #Godseeusthrough
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by dejavubobo1(m): 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
AreaFada2:
Well, some NCE holders are on 6k to 10k a month in private schools o.
Apparently to gain experience.
That's clumsy
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
free2ryhme:

are you complaining?

when your dream job comes una go be the first to codedly disappear from this forum

Lol...one man's meat is another's poison. If I get job nahim be say no more time to dey online ni
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
dejavubobo1:

That's clumsy

I heard so too, its even wicked sef
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
Onlymewakacum:
Op.. not all interviews are like that.. I attended an interview over the weekend in Abuja and it was not so hectic and the pay package is fair. #Godseeusthrough

Okay,amen o
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by izutex007(m): 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
ERONX:
I really wish I can be of help but we miles away cry

bro. Whre u at?

Me: Abuja
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
kaeforum:
Supply is greater than demand, the employers are having a field day to do whatever they like in the name of screening>
You are even lucky sef, my friend who applied for the position of receptionist in a hotel in ph was asked to dance nude before her offer letter could be drafted, despite being told that she will be on probation for 1 year on a salary of 25k and its a 7 day job. cool

Chiksos! I can't do dat one ooo
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
butanep:
Some employers are very silly.

I went through one months ago. After going through about five stages of interview. The Assistant Admin head was the first to interview me, followed by the Operation head, then the MD and lastly we were given a book about the company to summarised.

The interview took two days plus... I was happy I have landed in my Garden of Eden on the second day. I couldn't even sleep when they told some of us to resume the third day for our appointment letter. I woke up by 4pm. I didn't even eat so I could get there on time.

After much talk, they congratulated us and gave us induction. I was just waiting for the pay to come up because my mind was not in the induction.

Then the main time came, a lady walked in & introduced herself telling us the nature of our job.

When we finally got it, HND holders were given 25k & BSC holders for 30k. I was so annoyed. Imagine a BSC holder in this company receiving 30k. It stated we are to resume work by 7:30am and close by 6pm. Two guyz immediately turn down the offer and went home. I told them I will resume fully tomorrow, the tomorrow is yet to come...

After conducting interview for about 3days, I was just angry because it was a waste of time for me. Some companies earn much income but treat their workers as slaves...

Na wa ooo...its well my broda
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
Geesammy:

I received ur mail yesterday of which I av replied bt can't really see a response back.

Okay, I'll check my email
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
Sheikwonder:
This is so funny...12k??

Chai!

Imagine what it would then be like if the minimum wage was brought down from 18k as those governors are proposing....employers would be paying workers via recharge card... At the end of the month you would be seeing MTN transfer alert of #2500

Hahahahahahahhaha...o mehn dat one bad o
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
promo4:
That's so annoying.why can't they give one the job without all those rigorous process.

Azzin eh
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
menix:
Una neva chichon chin, a security guard abi nah Mayguard I go call am underwent two stages of interview with normal grilling nd possibly waiting for the last stage of the interview with the MD..

So tey factory workers now write essay to get the job..

Nwanne Uwa emebigo ooo...

A wun la meh! Lmao grin grin
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
harrysterol:
They was a day i paid a flight ticket from Lagos to Abuja only to discover it was GNLD undecided

Abeg how did u come back?
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
AreaFada2:

Anyway "special one/class of her own" @suigenersis, what's the minimum per month you're expecting in case NLers hear of openings?

Lol...dats d testimony for anoda day
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
...#MayGodBlessOurHustle

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7up Bottling Company Plc Recruiting / Please Help! Planning On Relocating To Kano For Job / See How Lagos Women Seeking For Job From SURE-P Turn To Sex Slaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.