Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following - Jokes Etc (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following (45722 Views)

First Time I Experienced My Village People Following Me / Only In Nigeria..... When #hello Challenge Goes Wrong / Photo: This Bus Finds Itself Here Because The Driver Was Following Google Map (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by ZYZZA: 11:27am On Dec 16, 2015
PDPmamapiss:

Point of correction for no.8...................
igbos clap not people clap. I have always wonder why igbos like to clap when the airplane stops.
My dad said in 70s when there r no strict flight securities, some igbo travelers travel with gong. They hit the gong when the plane take off and lands.
first class mumu
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by jangolo: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2015
dabriggs:

Some people expect us to behave like Europeans.
but we are Africans. we are Nigerians.
There are so many reasons people behave the way they do. People line up before boarding so that they can find space to put their carry on bags. smiley smiley smiley
They rush out of the planes because of immigration wahala at the airport. The heat and queue alone. The stress of getting your luggage etc.
There are many reasons why we behave the way we do. And these things make us special. We must not always judge ourselves by silly European standards.

Here Someone asked me why I love signing anytime I pass by. The tradition is that they all put on head phones. I hate head phones and they are risky in traffic. Lots of accidents and near misses occur due to the use of earphones here. Despite the good traffic and pedestrian safety provisions.
I told him it is a thing I learnt from my parents. It is African. My mum sings when doing the lundry, my dad hums a tune. Infact at times they both sing the same song. It is not to impress anybody. Call it slave mentality bla bla bla. It is something that makes me happy. I sing songs that give me hope and encourage me. Besides I told him I see a lot of them sing out loud even with the ear phone on. So why should mine be different?
While I am learning to observe and respect their norms, I cannot wait to come home and sing to my hearts content.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. By the way my screen savers and desktop photos are only beautiful sites in Nigeria. Fellow students see it and ask ''Is this Nigeria? It is beautiful''.

Its very refreshing to read your love for nigeria and our people... You love nigeria so much but the question is does nigeria love you?
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 16, 2015
LOL grin

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Emmau0091(m): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2015
Your father is an old man? grin
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 16, 2015
jangolo:

Its very refreshing to read your love for nigeria and our people... You love nigeria so much but the question is does nigeria love you?

Well,

We can only be sure of those we love, we can never be sure of those who love us.

Also, two people cannot go mad at the same time.

That they do not love you does not mean you must hate them.

When the country chooses not to help you, do not chose not to help yourself. Keep a positive outlook.

Fueling hate takes so much work. Plenty of emotional and mental strain and drain.

The hated man is the result of his hater’s pride rather than his hater’s conscience.

Hate will eventually destroy the hater.

Hate and a negative outlook is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.

People will love you, people will hate you. That is how life is. If Nigeria does not love me, I do not know. I chose not to hate it.

4 Likes

Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Benbee(m): 11:48am On Dec 16, 2015
No.8 is not peculiar to Nigerians,its world over, when a Pilot lands skilfully, without wobbling,its fine to clap!

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by chudy144(m): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2015
We are Nigerians jor!
So proud of my country!!
God Bless Naija!!!
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
fanedrive:
Guy you just like wahala sha!

Truth is bitter. I have seen the clapping first hand.
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by NomzyJust(m): 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2015
People stand at back of plane throughout the flight. Like seriously?
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by JayJustus(m): 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
some commenting have not even been on a plane...wtfffffffffff... I've been on a flight to thailand and people all clapped too yes...so what?? assniggas!!!
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by obstead200(m): 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
ChuzzysBlog:
What do you think guys?

pure lies. most of them.
If u have ever flown in a plane in nigeria, u will notice that most of these things are lies, except the yelling on phones and carrying ghana-must-go bags (which is neccesary if u are conveying some kinda foodstuff and most times, the owners check-in such luggage to be placed in the luggage hold and not hand carry it into the cabin).
but this clapping of hand thing or yelling blood of jesus I never see am before oooo.
NomzyJust:
People stand at back of plane throughout the flight. Like seriously?
That cannot be true.

as for standing up as soon as the plane stops moving on the ground, I do that too. I have been sitting for the past 45mins to 1 hr and it is understandable if I am in a hurry to stand up and get the hell outta the place.

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Spanner4(m): 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
PDPmamapiss:

igbos clap not people clap. I have always wonder why igbos like to clap when the airplane stops.
My dad said in 70s when there r no strict flight securities, some igbo travelers travel with gong. They hit the gong when the plane take off and lands.

Hehehe,funny dude with a funny dad
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Spanner4(m): 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
PDPmamapiss:

Hehehe,funny dude with a funny dad
Seasons of laughter!
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
Smartsyn:
I never enter plane before, so how will i know?
Well now you know. smiley
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by itsfarnas(m): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
Lmaoo. na so so village people fill our country, even when they go abroad. I've witnessed most of these grin grin grin
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by harsysky(m): 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2015
obinnashady:
This bullshit we talk or write about ourselves is what makes us feeble in the eyes of the international community,I wonder when we'll start joking about wonderful and good things that happen in our country.

Every one wanna be a comedian with NigeriA as a topic always. That's another reason why we worship the whites and rubbish our very own.
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by dabossman(m): 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
Still can't wrap my brain around the 'standing up immediately the plane lands' bit. Even when the pilot is constantly repeating that people should please remain seated until the plane comes to a stop. For where, my naija people go stand begin open luggage compartment. I'm like wtf

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by dabossman(m): 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
dabriggs:

Well,

We can only be sure of those we love, we can never be sure of those who love us.

Also, two people cannot go mad at the same time.

That they do not love you does not mean you must hate them.

When the country chooses not to help you, do not chose not to help yourself. Keep a positive outlook.

Fueling hate takes so much work. Plenty of emotional and mental strain and drain.

The hated man is the result of his hater’s pride rather than his hater’s conscience.

Hate will eventually destroy the hater.

Hate and a negative outlook is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.

People will love you, people will hate you. That is how life is. If Nigeria does not love me, I do not know. I chose not to hate it.

Wa gbayi!!! Best post I've seen on Nairaland all year.
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Ugosample(m): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
naijainfogalery:
You forgot the first one, They activate spiritual mode once they enter the plane. A man that hasnt prayed for 5 years suddenly turns pastor

Then they go to church on Sunday for thanksgiving after they arrive. meanwhile before they travel they first go to pastor for consultation as if pastors are native doctors .

And Nigerians dont ever tell anyone they are travelling so that they wont come and crash their plane grin cheesy i still wonder if there are so many witches that can crash planes we for dey hear plane crash every day now. Nigerians wont even tell their family members that they are travelling but they trust pastors so much that its only their pastors and Imans that they tell .

My people are perished for lack of knownledge smiley

Na this matter na im dey tire me pass. Nigerians are just paranoid.
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by soleexx(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
Smartsyn:
I never enter plane before, so how will i know?

You will board a plane sometime in next year! Country or State of destination I don't know! If you believe! Just give the poor anything u can afford before christmas
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Smartsyn(m): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
soleexx:

You will board a plane sometime in next year! Country or State of destination I don't know! If you believe! Just give the poor anything u can afford before christmas
I strongly believe, and will do just that.. Thank you
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by lovethchioma(f): 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
Op so true oo. #Lol. I remember my first time
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by lovethchioma(f): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
soleexx:

Sorry please. Are you a prophet or what?
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
Na ppl Wey don enter plane bfor go know o
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by laprince(m): 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
People shout at the pilot for
overspeeding

This is hilarious.
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Nicepoker(m): 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Fuselage snapping
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
beila05:
You know u r on a flight to naija when u hear pple saying owa!! Aboard d aircraft and you see pple discussing tribal politics grin

Lol @ do u know who I am?
Lol
Re: You Know You Are On A Flight To Nigeria When You Observe The Following by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 31, 2019
I want to learn this kind of boldness! Teach me. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hilarious Photo: Checkout This 'Special' Way Of Drinking Beer / Ways People Act When They Fart In Public (Photos) / Photo: A Little Kid Driving This Hand-made Vehicle!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.