Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road (81437 Views)

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shites Members To Clear The Road / The Moment When Burutai Was Begging Shiites For Way And When He Crush Them / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by wirinet(m): 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
crossover:
Many commentators here do not know the practice in most of the major cities in the north. It is common to see major roads (even interstates) blocked during important occasions especially during Friday prayer. Many occasions in Maiduguri and Kano, our vehicles and others such as military vehicles will have to wait till the end of prayer sessions especially on Fridays or important days. May be due to the recent attack on their members, those in the video may be guards to the sect members who were already on the prayer ground. Whatever, either rightly or wrongly, Nigerians need to know who gave the order. Order for this kind of brutality/revenge can only be given by the C-in-C. We need to know who is in charge of the military in this our democratic government. Please agree with me that the life of every citizen is sacrosanct.

Why must you bring in Buhari in a matter that is purely a military - civilian( religious cult) misunderstanding? Does Buhari have to give orders before any shot canbe fired by any military man? So the chief of army staff or any other General does not have the authority to order his troops to shoot?
Your hatred for Buhari is beclouding you sense of reason.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Dragonking: 1:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
vickylala239:

My brother the army did the right thing.

Did you not see characteristics of boko in does ppl.

Army I thank you.

That was Hw boko startd.

Islam is really getting out of hand.
I support the army too....From the video it is obvious that islam is a curse to this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by deucelaw: 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2015
olapluto:
As a Muslim, I must be truthful all the time. It was a completely avoidable event. The Shiite brothers must recognize that Nigeria as an entity is multifaceted, multireligious, and multiethnic. We should all learn to practice our religion within the laws of the country we are.
They had no rights to block the major roads in any town. If every religion did that, there will be chaos everywhere.
The general who spoke with the Shiites in the video was very very matured. He shed his powers to try to reason at the level of an ordinary Nigerian citizen. Imagine it was a pregnant woman on the way to hospital, or an injured accident victim being rushed to hospital. You simply cannot block the road like that.
I watched PressTV try to rubbish the whole incident with falsehoods and one sided stories. A pity they went so much overboard that they became liars.
Securitywise, it is very very unsafe for the convoy of the COAS to be held up. He escaped ambush recently by BH, and anyone in that crowd could have intentions to attack the COAS and actually carry out the threat. I believe the Iranians condemning the army will not really tolerate Ayatollah Khomeini's convoy being held up in a hostile environment.

I agree with you sir...Another thing note worthy is that the road is a Trunk A road not an inter-land or trunk C road where the army can easily find a short link and get back on track. If you are a frequent traveler in Northern axis, this wont be new to you. A friend has been held in traffic for 2 hours in Kogi, where people spread mat on the express and where praying on a Friday afternoon. I mean, they stopped all vehicles and dared anyone to move close. I felt bad that they where insensitive to long distance travelers.

7 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by femu(m): 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2015
wirinet:

You should know that a soldier is not trained to use rubber bullets or dispel civil protests, a soldier is trained to kill or be killed. Protest are to be handled by the police or other para-military agencies.

I have been screaming for ages that it is wrong to deploy soldiers for civilian operations like protests, armed robbery and elections. It is very wrong and leads to the use of excessive force and hence strain the relationship between the military and civilians. Although in this case the army is said to be passing by with the COAS and his convoy was blocked by religious people. It is wrong for the chief of Army to be stuck in the middle of a protest or religious procession.

You have made a good point, however without rule of law in a few years after retirement he too can be subjected to injustice by government agents. look at the ex DSS director under obj who was thrown outside his residence, he too bullied people during obj regime.

we have to stop this mad cycle of agbero life
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Opoki(m): 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:
Civil disobedience can be handled by the police or mopol not army slaughtering people.
You don't expect Army to call for police or Mopol to come over and settle the dispute.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by naijamerican: 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
These terrorist Shittes were dealt with properly. So brazen with their disrespect.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by macminista(m): 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
Lobeez:

If the military were so sure of the assassination story, how come their video didn't capture any such thing?
The video I watched showed army officers pleading with and angry mob and then later showed the army chiefs' convoy moving. My question is, where was the moment of provocation in that video? if that video is the only evidence they have for the slaughter of those civilians then I'm so sorry I'm not buying it. And to think that the army returned later at night to massacre the sect members in an attempt to arrest their leader is nothing short of barbaric.
..my broda the fact that the protesters were armed with weapons that can kill is hot snuff not to mention the COAS was in a hot zone...pple get killed for that over here in the state's....they would be dropped there weapons down to prove to the army the pose no threat
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
alobright17:
Na pastor the chief army staff be before?because the preaching was too much

I tire. o... me sef been wan forward the vid c if em go collect offering... those illiterates took the army chiefs resolve to find common ground as a Sign of weakness.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by mygee2(m): 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2015
Dragonking:
I support the army too....From the video it is obvious that islam is a curse to this nation.
you ignorance to the matter is shameful...nw ipob action shld be categorised as christain teaching
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:
Civil disobedience can be handled by the police or mopol not army slaughtering people.
mumu...u see police or mopol for the video? in what way has the rubbish npf ever helped in handling such?and who told u those boys have the patience for extended dialogues like this?

oh! u meant the soldiers would have made a call for the IG to invite his boys to handle the matter?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by nikz(f): 2:08pm On Dec 16, 2015
So after all this plea pple still died. It's well with Nigeria. Blood sucking vampires everywhere
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 16, 2015
macminista:
..my broda the fact that the protesters were armed with weapons that can kill is hot snuff not to mention the COAS was in a hot zone...pple get killed for that over here in the state's....they would be dropped there weapons down to prove to the army the pose no threat

even abroad protesters get fired with "rubber" bullets and tear gas ONLY if they are throwing stones and water ..
once they start throwing Molotov cocktails and discharging fire then live ammunition is used on them.

abroad if a police man tells u to drop a gun ... and u keep it in ur hand after he tells u two more times and u ignore hm he had the right to shoot u in d head. you can't brandish a weapon at a law enforcement officer.
these illiterates now upgraded to brandishing their mid range local pistol @ army men . lmao .
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nigerians arebecoming very daft. Imagine someone asking the convoy of the COAS to move around with rubber bullets. Fùcking rubber bullets. It would be funny if it weren't so pitiful. The chief army officer should move around with rubber bukkets in a region where Boko Haram strikes like houseflies? Many of these people know nothing about life and conflict. You stay in your parents living rooms and think that's where the world ends. Go and block US Army convoy carrying bottles without writing your will first. Bunch of funky progressive ediots.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by wirinet(m): 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

You have made a good point, however without rule of law in a few years after retirement he too can be subjected to injustice by government agents. look at the ex DSS director under obj who was thrown outside his residence, he too bullied people during obj regime.

we have to stop this mad cycle of agbero life

That is why we need the promote the rule of law and building stong institutions. At the moment we are operating a sort of Democratic Monarchy, where elected officials are immuned from the law. Under this kind of arragements, institutions are compromised including the judiciary.

Military men should be isolated from the civil populace, In the US and UK, you do not see fully armed Military men roaming the streets, mingling with civilians. Their Barracks and bases are build away from civilian areas to avoid clashes. Military men are psychologically trained to be highly aggressive and have to be rehabilitated to allow them blend back into society upon retirement.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by mygee2(m): 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
macminista:
that was no protest and mind any if a civilian try to pass these animals would butcher'd d person
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Lobeez:

This video sums it up for me.
I am amazed at how Nigerians in this 21st century would support the carnage by the NA.
there is nothing whatsoever in that video that justifies the killing of these civilians and even if we can justify that, what about the massacre that followed at the residence of the sect leader and the eventual destruction of the place?
For goodness sake, where in the world do you disperse an angry mob with live ammunition? and to think that so many are silent or even support this is just beyond me.

Look at the attached video I just quoted, this incident happened in China in the 80's just imagine a civilian standing in the way of a convoy of military tanks, also notice he even climbs on top of one of the tanks in defiance. this act would have been interpreted as an assassination attempt by our dear NA, in fact that man would have been gunned down instantly.

I give up man! I give up!!
is the man in question holding any weapon ?

You should probably watch tthe video op posted again and see how hostile the shiit people were ..
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Dragonking: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
mygee2:
you ignorance to the matter is shameful...nw ipob action shld be categorised as christain teaching
During ipob protest did you hear them shouting Jesus or Jehovah? angry angry No...But these people will keep on shouting allah akabr and carry knifes matchetes and dangerous items.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by xreal: 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
cowgirl9090:
Why not use rubber bullets and tear gas on them. Shame on the military. Nigeria still has a very long way to go undecided.

You people should understand something.
Soldiers are not trained to disperse crowd in anyway.

Soldiers are trained and payed to kill; you don't expect soldiers in such a high profiled convoy to be with a Teargas or Rubber bullets - for what?

These shiite were violent and aggressive, even flaunting sticks, cutlasses, catapults, sickles and so on; obviously you don't understand hausa, you will have a second thought.

Remember, this wasn'tt a governor of a state, this is the Chief of Army Staff.
Haba!!!

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Bollinger(m): 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
blaise26abj:

Are u kidding me? In a place where BH boys can attack? NA should move around with water canons, tear gas and rubber bullets? Like seriously? I tire for the way people reason o. I watched a documentary about the massacre of South African miners and they displayed a similar suicidal approach to the security operatives . They opened fire on dem like kilode.

If someone approaches you with a sharpened pencil menacingly and u have a gun, will u wait till he stabs your neck before you defend yourself? Try to reason am well well o

I get it now. The solution would be to kill every and anything in sight. Just to be safe. Nigerians really do not value life. In iraq, the insurgents would shoot at us and then run and hide among non combatants. Immediately we had to stop. If you didn't, and you shoot anyone without a weapon, you'll be spending the next ten years at leavenworth. Also, the more non combatants you kill, the more terrorist you create. Makes sense doesn't it?

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
HemmanuelRichy:
The latter part of the clip got me scared.

Oga say that you should Park the dead bodies

Yes sir!!!
this is the real world! this is how one should approach other aspect of life such as education and work. it scared the hell out of me too. RIP to the departed.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
I don't gerrit ....is it being ha.usa that made this people like this or being Muslim shocked shocked
Nnaa meeeehn lekwanu mega-stu.pidity shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

...and the soldiers passed wink kiss kiss kiss kiss grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by zeongeon: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
In safety when embarking on any project we try to identify the hazards, eliminate them and if we can't eliminate them we put up controls to reduce the risk the hazard poses.

The military just like a safety professional should be competent enough to identify before embarking on the journey hazards they are likely to meet on the road and make plans for adequate controls so as to avoid such hazards, the military are suppose to get intels on the route they will be taking before embarking on that journey as this will enable handle any risk they come by well.

If they had known about the shitti procession before time they would have handled things better either by taking an alternative route or carry with them crowd dispersing consumables just in case they have a riot as such a convoy isn't suppose to meet unnecessary obstruction.

Anticipation at times is your best friend when you in the. business of risk and hazards

The same lack of planning and Intel gathering has made them handle this shitti issue poorly.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

During the subsidy protest, I remember some roads were blocked, during a pdp rally, roads are blocked even an owambe can sometimes get roads blocked.
If we are to kill everyone conducting themselves in a disorderly manner then no one would exist.
Those shiites did nothing that warranted the hails of bullet.

For cryingnout loud, , children were in their midst.
May God forgive the men behind the trigger cos they will reap the full consequences here on earth.

What buratai should have done is to keepnhis appointment for another day.
Turn around and let the police deal with it.

Whatch the video I attached and see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFzeNAHEhU
guy! u dey yan rust...all those nonsense wont be done on a federal road, if there was a by-pass, do u think these men will waste their time talking, if there was another route, why didnt anyone suggest itt too?

come! no dey upload Chinese video come dey compare with our own, we run a different society.

why cant the trekkers take the sides of the road? the dumb heads signed for their death. i no go say RIP cos they are all looking like warlords.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
shadowgwalker:
mumu...u see police or mopol for the video? in what way has the rubbish npf ever helped in handling such?and who told u those boys have the patience for extended dialogues like this?

oh! u meant the soldiers would have made a call for the IG to invite his boys to handle the matter?

Abeg ignore that guy. He's been sheltered from birth and his utterances betray his naivete. Nobody who appreciates how fragile life is will be so sympathetic to criminals, especially these brazen ones. Who the fùck did they think they were, citizens of their own country? Even a private citizen is at perfect liberty to shoot at anyone brandishing a weapon in their direction, not to talk of a whole COAS. grin. Clowns everywhere.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Mariojane(f): 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
sexaddict08:
yes, but they went too far. Almost 400 or 500 dead!!!! damn.

even if na chickens. think about it.
would you have prefer the soldiers dead instead of those miscreants? If the case is the other way round do you think those people will give room to plead with anyone? They will attack and will never ask Questions. If the soldiers were not even smart am sure these miscreants would stab some of them.

Someone is saying there are children among them are you telling me you didn't listen to voices and hear the Children say 'Allah ku....'? The old miscreants started from young age and they ve trained their children to doo so.
The size of a snake does not make it less poisonous

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by nextstep(m): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
Lobeez:

So what happened afterwards, did the world justify it? was there not worldwide outrage over that barbaric act?
Nothing can ever justify the massacre in Zaria as well. Period!

That's what we call hypocrisy: the West displays no outrage when it kills Blacks in the US, or Irish in Britain, or harmless Kenyans, or...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_war_crimes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by oluwazino(m): 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:
Are you blind didn't you watch the video? Dose pple don't care abt der life's..... dose army tried abeg buh to die dey hungry dem.... dey ain't even scared of d army talkless of police
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
zeongeon:

In safety when embarking on any project we try to identify the hazards, eliminate them and if we can't eliminate them we put up controls to reduce the risk the hazard poses.

The military just like a safety professional should be competent enough to identify before embarking on the journey hazards they are likely to meet on the road and make plans for adequate controls so as to avoid such hazards, the military are suppose to get intels on the route they will be taking before embarking on that journey as this will enable handle any risk they come by well.

If they had known about the shitti procession before time they would have handled things better either by taking an alternative 1 as such a convoy isn't suppose to meet unnecessary obstruction.

The same lack of planning and Intel gathering has made them handle this shitti issue poorly.

Your own Intel is substandard. Army to be looking for intel of a religious sect on a federal road? Nigeria is finished. Are the shiites a terror group, then the army shouldn't avoid them. if their just a religious group, then they should willingly subject themselves to the laws of the land, and especially not aggressively confront the army.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
cowgirl9090:
Why not use rubber bullets and tear gas on them. Shame on the military. Nigeria still has a very long way to go undecided.
thats because they did not expect to encounter such on their way. They are armed for terrorist and not civilians, but the kind of threat they encountered gave them no option.

what will u say if the 'peaceful' protestors had overpowered them and taken their guns?

I DONT TRUST MUSLIMS !!!

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by crosbreaka: 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
[b]i have watched the video released showing army officers asking Shites to clear the road. It is obvious that the Shiite followers of Zakzaky mistrust the army because of last year's tragic incident under the Jonathan administration, when three of Zakzaky's sons were killed and thirty members of his Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

Undoubtedly, the army can claim anything after watching this video. Both sides could have avoided this incident by letting go their ego. The Shiites brought death upon themselves by blocking the road and confronting soldiers who don't value civilian life and play by democratic rules. This was suicidal in my view on the side of the Shiites.The Zakzaky followers provoked the soldiers going by this video. We however don't know what the soldiers mission was on that road and if the sect members felt threatened or thought the soldiers were on their way going to kill their leaders so they blocked the road and insisted not to clear. There is need for more details especially that the video is cut at one point.

However, let us go by the narration and video we have at hand. The soldiers have "protected" themselves, refused to turn back and cleared the way and have killed those blocking the road.at this point, it is still a road blocking clash and things have happened.

What is left to be understood is after the soldiers have cleared the way, why did they proceed to the Hussainiyyah and shot at sight and destroy the Islamic center? Why did they also go ahead to destroy the sheikh's house and shoot him and his family members? After the road blocking incident, the soldiers continued on the rampage on three different locations synonymous with the Islamic movement in Nigeria, far away from the road blocking incident location. More or less, it was revenge attacks and "lesson teaching" mission by soldiers. The Zakzaky followers were too overzealous and bold to confront the army and they are wrong to display stones, machetes and sticks in front of armed soldiers. That incident has passed. Why did the soldiers continue the attacks and extra judicial killings? I expect them to exercise restraint. And even if the sheikh was to be cautioned, the police or other ways should have been employed to caution him or even arrest him in a democratic dispensation.

So clearly, the video explains the trigger and the mistrust and misunderstanding that happened and both sides lost it and the movement members more or less committed suicide.

After the road block wahala had ended, the soldiers totally lost it and took law into their hands and went on revenge attacks and extra judicial killings. Things are not done like that in democracy. There is police and rule of law.

That is my opinion and you may agree or disagree. What is on ground is pitiful. Hundreds have been killed and properties destroyed. Many homes have been wounded.

May the dead RIP!

We hope justice will prevail and impunity will not continue. Had Jonathan done the needed last year when three of the sheikh's sons were killed along thirty others, a lasting solution could have been found to end the problem of road blocks and mistrust. There is need for confidence building measures and trust with the Islamic Movement in Nigeria to be put in place by the government to reassure everyone that no one is target simply for their beliefs or what they practice and then look for ways of cooperation and understanding to avoid any future mistrust or tragedy.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by mygee2(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Dragonking:
During ipob protest did you hear them shouting Jesus or Jehovah? angry angry No...But these people will keep on shouting allah akabr and carry knifes matchetes and dangerous items.
i guess they were attacking a christain

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by femu(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
shadowgwalker:

you claim to be a soldier? Will you remain a soldier forever. When you come back to civil life the same soldiers will deal u a blow.
the same dogs that protected dasuki are the ones interrogating him now.

Learn the advantage of human rights and military civil relations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

IPOB Sit At Home Order: Anambra Thread (Pictures) / Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.