Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road (81434 Views)

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shites Members To Clear The Road / The Moment When Burutai Was Begging Shiites For Way And When He Crush Them / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Rafidi: 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
crosbreaka:
[b]i have watched the video released showing army officers asking Shites to clear the road. It is obvious that the Shiite followers of Zakzaky mistrust the army because of last year's tragic incident under the Jonathan administration, when three of Zakzaky's sons were killed and thirty members of his Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

Undoubtedly, the army can claim anything after watching this video. Both sides could have avoided this incident by letting go their ego. The Shiites brought death upon themselves by blocking the road and confronting soldiers who don't value civilian life and play by democratic rules. This was suicidal in my view on the side of the Shiites.The Zakzaky followers provoked the soldiers going by this video. We however don't know what the soldiers mission was on that road and if the sect members felt threatened or thought the soldiers were on their way going to kill their leaders so they blocked the road and insisted not to clear. There is need for more details especially that the video is cut at one point.

However, let us go by the narration and video we have at hand. The soldiers have "protected" themselves, refused to turn back and cleared the way and have killed those blocking the road.at this point, it is still a road blocking clash and things have happened.

What is left to be understood is after the soldiers have cleared the way, why did they proceed to the Hussainiyyah and shot at sight and destroy the Islamic center? Why did they also go ahead to destroy the sheikh's house and shoot him and his family members? After the road blocking incident, the soldiers continued on the rampage on three different locations synonymous with the Islamic movement in Nigeria, far away from the road blocking incident location. More or less, it was revenge attacks and "lesson teaching" mission by soldiers. The Zakzaky followers were too overzealous and bold to confront the army and they are wrong to display stones, machetes and sticks in front of armed soldiers. That incident has passed. Why did the soldiers continue the attacks and extra judicial killings? I expect them to exercise restraint. And even if the sheikh was to be cautioned, the police or other ways should have been employed to caution him or even arrest him in a democratic dispensation.

So clearly, the video explains the trigger and the mistrust and misunderstanding that happened and both sides lost it and the movement members more or less committed suicide.

After the road block wahala had ended, the soldiers totally lost it and took law into their hands and went on revenge attacks and extra judicial killings. Things are not done like that in democracy. There is police and rule of law.

That is my opinion and you may agree or disagree. What is on ground is pitiful. Hundreds have been killed and properties destroyed. Many homes have been wounded.

May the dead RIP!

We hope justice will prevail and impunity will not continue. Had Jonathan done the needed last year when three of the sheikh's sons were killed along thirty others, a lasting solution could have been found to end the problem of road blocks and mistrust. There is need for confidence building measures and trust with the Islamic Movement in Nigeria to be put in place by the government to reassure everyone that no one is target simply for their beliefs or what they practice and then look for ways of cooperation and understanding to avoid any future mistrust or tragedy.[/b]
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by alatbaba1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
Anyone who thinks these shiites animals didn't get what they deserve as never encounter them. I was coming from kano to kaduna last year sometimes around September, this animal blocked the one lane of the main federal express from kano to kaduna. Motorist have to make use of a single lane. Journey of 2hrs 30 mins turn to 10 hrs. I had a medical issue that day. God saved me. Even some Muslim will rather let their children be a Christian than become a shiites. I spit on their ignorance. They know nothing about freedom and where and how to use it.

Govt should do something about it. Same goes to the owambe ppl of the southwest.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by yayankainuwa: 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hash86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jdCfSa8tg
A revealing video of how Nigerian Military begged Shiite group to open road.
what the Shiites did was a clear case of public disorder, but despite the military's attempt to solve the situation, gun shots are not the solution, the army should have called on Mobile policemen to disperse the rioters, I think the military failed to chew their personal ego, and stepped across the boundary of professionalism.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by eldino44(m): 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
some fools will come here and comment rubbish. can't u hear DAT man in black tell d soldiers. " he's not afraid to be shot. even if dey kill dem dere children will grow " or is it bcus dis fools supporting d Shiites abi na poo sev. cnt understand HAUSA.??

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by femu(m): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2015
shadowgwalker:
in case u dont know, soldiers are more civilized than the socalled civilians. u can see that in the video, u can see that in the public how they queue, u can see that at their check points how they poliitely ask questions.

soldiers will only deal u a blow if u think u can outsmart them, forget the person u see...they are the strength of a nation. Soldiers are not interrogating dasuki, the law is haunting him down. soldiers work with commands and not at their will.

You are missing the point, this act of recklessness isn't restricted to the army.
It can be found in all Nigerian, military, police and paramilitary agencies.

as a soldier can you honestly say your constituency as treated you fairly?

Do you have a worthy life or disability insurance package ?

how many army former head of state allowed their children join the army?

stop supporting injustice and barbaric acts.

we are now in 2016 and the civilised world are laughing at us.

I hope you are planning for your retirement, a time you won't be able to order people around.
I hope you will be able to adjust to civil life then
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Proudnigga(m): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

During the subsidy protest, I remember some roads were blocked, during a pdp rally, roads are blocked even an owambe can sometimes get roads blocked.
If we are to kill everyone conducting themselves in a disorderly manner then no one would exist.
Those shiites did nothing that warranted the hails of bullet.

For cryingnout loud, , children were in their midst.
May God forgive the men behind the trigger cos they will reap the full consequences here on earth.

What buratai should have done is to keepnhis appointment for another day.
Turn around and let the police deal with it.

Whatch the video I attached and see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFzeNAHEhU
nigeriavis far from Civilization. As at 1989 the young guy was ignored be it in the present day Nigeria, the guyvis a gunner undecided
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
shadowgwalker:
...at the end of the day, the street come empty kpata-kpata cheesy

agboki na agboki anywhere, anytime. why didnt they force their way thru as they said nothing can stop them, even the president?

I think Boko Haram and ISIS are giving all these other smaller sects ginger. It's left for the Nigerian government to handle these people decisively. Anybody wey do anyhow must see anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by sapientia(m): 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
zeongeon:
In safety when embarking on any project we try to identify the hazards, eliminate them and if we can't eliminate them we put up controls to reduce the risk the hazard poses.

The military just like a safety professional should be competent enough to identify before embarking on the journey hazards they are likely to meet on the road and make plans for adequate controls so as to avoid such hazards, the military are suppose to get intels on the route they will be taking before embarking on that journey as this will enable handle any risk they come by well.

If they had known about the shitti procession before time they would have handled things better either by taking an alternative route or carry with them crowd dispersing consumables just in case they have a riot as such a convoy isn't suppose to meet unnecessary obstruction.

Anticipation at times is your best friend when you in the. business of risk and hazards

The same lack of planning and Intel gathering has made them handle this shitti issue poorly.

You have not heard that its the only route

You have heard that the NA were doing POP

You did not watch the video to see the diplomacy

So if COAS have intel that there will be likely civilian blockade.. He will give trained soldiers rubber bullets

Then you will be the first to come here and shout it was a set up to kill the soldiers

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by gig10: 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
These guys form the feeder team for boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Petroking: 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

During the subsidy protest, I remember some roads were blocked, during a pdp rally, roads are blocked even an owambe can sometimes get roads blocked.
If we are to kill everyone conducting themselves in a disorderly manner then no one would exist.

May God forgive the men behind the trigger cos they will reap the full consequences here on earth.

My first question is, did you read the translation written by someone else.. In as much as i do not support the killings. You saw the Shiites already on their weapons?... Another question would be which kind of weapon do they use if not the ones they are holding.. also some where already throwing stones and from what i hear not even the presidency is allowed to pass. when no be their papa get the road, even when people do procession or owambe ... they take order before making usage of the Road. Do you know what it means to be a COAS.. and even when their people were asking them to let them pass some where still being adamant. Where have you heard in the world that any proceeding stops a COAS/ an equivalent rank from passing... See they knew what was coming, Now lets forget about the shiites and see that almost similar thing occurred with the BIAFRA protest.. How can one be protesting and blocking the passage of a Federal Road and after days of pleas, they were still adamant and the police decide to treat the matter as it is. The shiites kids and women were bold enough to threaten the NA. The only mistake i see here is that the SHIITES do not respond well to the situation. If they respected their Leader he will have Surfaced and Spoken to them to Back down ... and this will not have to happen.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by marv1: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

You are very very funny. Top military personel convoy to turn back from his journey because some bloody civilians are blocking the road. Do you know what that amounts to in military palance. Those boys said they would rather die than leave the road and they died. Sentiments aside. I salute our gallant soldiers. Ride on.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by GoodMuyis(m): 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE BLOCKING MAJOR HIGHWAY Kaduna to Zaria?

so blocking the major highway built with tax payers money is justifiable?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by lookingfly: 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

you can do that to any other person but not soldiers. Soldiers never deal with you na him make you get mouth de talk.I just knew there is no way soldiers will just start opening fire on them, moreover I live in zaria and I can tell you that it has always been there nature to block roads indiscriminately even if it's a siren blowing and there is someone at the point of death.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
gists:
First of all, I am a muslim.
But this nonesense of road blocks must stop!! And by that I mean all forms of road blocks - be it from muslim community, christians, politicians, individual birthday/burial parties etc
Why on earth should roads be blocked on Nigerian Government officials.
Truth be told it is just insane impunity and lawlessness.

HOWEVER, the army is just too crazy!!
At the begining of the video, it took the army leader to shout at one of the soldiers not to shoot!
Can you imagine a soldier trying to kneel down to take position to fire at harmless civilians - Thank God they were led by a sensible chief.

I have made my opinion known on this issue and this video just confirmed it
My brother, its not the soldiers fault. They have sworn oaths to protect the chief of army staff, at the slightest feeling of danger around him. Please do not blame them, cos even the most elite and well trained force in the world, the American Navy Seals, would kill someone within the split of a second if they feel threatened. I guess it's just the military code.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by commentus4: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
gists:

That is not an excuse for the soldier to shoot unarmed civilians!!
Damn what are we in this country!!
I completely condemn the people for their stup!d acts but it does not justify shooting unarmed civilians.
Would you be happy for the army to shoot people blocking the road because of burial ceremony?
Granted they were silly to block the road but is that why you should wipe them off?
You have a point,the army could shoot to maimed instead of shooting to kill! But those guy were just too head strong resisting and confronting armed convoy is a no no! The military have different levels of threat signal which dictated how they engage and deploy during engagement. In this case the signal is delta, inspite of that they even given preference to the shiite. If the incident had happened down south, no one will come down to plead with you before they open fire on you. cool
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by marv1: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
yayankainuwa:
what the Shiites did was a clear case of public disorder, but despite the military's attempt to solve the situation, gun shots are not the solution, the army should have called on Mobile policemen to disperse the rioters, I think the military failed to chew their personal ego, and stepped across the boundary of professionalism.
U want the military to invite the police. How many hours would that take? Even when they were shouting that not even the president would pass. U are talking about police.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
The Nigerian Army has no fault, i will blame the shiites for their unruly attitude demonstrated in the presences of the military
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Osu175(m): 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
Thats my class mate Mustapha in GSS bomo talking to the army office. I wonder with all his level of education why he acted like that.r.i.p to the dead
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by henryuzor(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

How can you compare the 2 video....are you sane?....why can't you use your common sense?...you compare just one man standing before a procession of Army tanks holding no weapons with a crowd of rascals and hooligans blocking a major road,preventing other road users and COAS for that matter brandishing stones,cutlasses.sticks e t.c and shouting Allah akbar!!!

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by commentus4: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
Petroking:

My first question is, did you read the translation written by someone else.. In as much as i do not support the killings. You saw the Shiites already on their weapons?... Another question would be which kind of weapon do they use if not the ones they are holding.. also some where already throwing stones and from what i hear not even the presidency is allowed to pass. when no be their papa get the road, even when people do procession or owambe ... they take order before making usage of the Road. Do you know what it means to be a COAS.. and even when their people were asking them to let them pass some where still being adamant. Where have you heard in the world that any proceeding stops a COAS/ an equivalent rank from passing... See they knew what was coming, Now lets forget about the shiites and see that almost similar thing occurred with the BIAFRA protest.. How can one be protesting and blocking the passage of a Federal Road and after days of pleas, they were still adamant and the police decide to treat the matter as it is. The shiites kids and women were bold enough to threaten the NA. The only mistake i see here is that the SHIITES do not respond well to the situation. If they respected their Leader he will have Surfaced and Spoken to them to Back down ... and this will not have to happen.
Well said! The way the military handed the situation is signal to all other similar groups/ a very strong warning to trouble makers! If the army had back down and divert to other routes, that would have embold those fools to try something even more daring in future. If what happen had took in south I doubt if military would display same level of patience in their engagement! cool

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by specimenC: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

U are clearly high and you have no one to tell you..first of all they Make threat to even the president himself, they were armed wwith matchete,cutlass, bow and arrow, see properties they destroyed just towards the end of the videos..you asked that the COAS turned and book his appointment for another dat, this further shows you are mad, in a time when BH is bombing us like chickens and coas is on his way to a meeting that may have to do with a matter of national security. You are there uploading shitty video you knw nothing about.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by sparkwil(m): 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:
Civil disobedience can be handled by the police or mopol not army slaughtering people.

Sensible analysis
This video does not justify the actions of the military rather it further exposes the ineptitude of the army. Those guys didn't pose a threat that the police can't handle.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by henryuzor(m): 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
marv1:
U want the military to invite the police. How many hours would that take? Even when they were shouting that not even the president would pass. U are talking about police.
Don't mind him.....I wonder if he was the one in that position,what would he have done!
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by umar745(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
Onyocha:

What is left to be understood is after the soldiers have cleared the way, why did they proceed to the Hussainiyyah and shot at sight and destroy the Islamic center? Why did they also go ahead to destroy the sheikh's house and shoot him and his family members?

Because the Shia people had plans to carry out retaliatory attacks after they were dispersed.
So I guess the military felt they had to be weakened.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

welcome to the Jungle abi na zoo as ipod dey call am.
tear gas would have dispersed those youths, women and children blocking the road but our great Nigerian army decided to release hails of bullet on their own citizens. Life has no value and its not sacred in Nigeria!
I wonder why they cut out the part when the soldiers took aim to fire at them.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by remexy(f): 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
While I agree with you that roads can be blocked as part of a peaceful civil protest I also understand that there is a sort of state of emergency in that part of the country and the protesters had weapons. If u have family or friends who have been injured or killed in this fight against booo harem especially military you'll understand that tensions are high and the soldiers are wary of ambush. Also the constitution is clear on killing of citizens by military during civil unrest that poses a threat. Let's not let religion and tribalism cause more problems than it already has. A country is only as strong as its military.
magicminister:

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by musicwriter(m): 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
This's why this country need to split, so they can practice their sharia law up north without hindrance.

The Nigerian constitution did not give any religion right to block the road.

Our constitution is superior to the koran. The army did the right thing, though I would caution they use taser next time.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Onyocha: 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
umar745:

Because the Shia people had plans to carry out retaliatory attacks after they were dispersed.
So I guess the military felt they had to be weakened.

Sounds very smart but false.

Last year, three of zakzakys sons and thirty of his followers were killed by the same army. Why didn't he retaliate? Instead if retaliation, Zakzaky went to court and asked the government to bring the perpetrators to justice.yet, the government turned a deaf ear.

Also what happens to "innocent until proven guilty"? Do you kill people on suspicion of retaliation? So killing people in a worship center and in a house is good?

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by henryuzor(m): 3:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
zicoraads:
This is rubbish! Big time rubbish!!

I thought the army said there was an assassination attempt on the COAS. I don't see any part of the video where that happened or was about to happen.
you must be blind
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by umar745(m): 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

You are missing the point, this act of recklessness isn't restricted to the army.
It can be found in all Nigerian, military, police and paramilitary agencies.

as a soldier can you honestly say your constituency as treated you fairly?

Do you have a worthy life or disability insurance package ?

how many army former head of state allowed their children join the army?

stop supporting injustice and barbaric acts.

we are now in 2016 and the civilised world are laughing at us.

I hope you are planning for your retirement, a time you won't be able to order people around.
I hope you will be able to adjust to civil life then

Obasanjo's son is in the army. And other presidents stole so much money that it is pointless for their children to have any career other than living.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by magicfingers009: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
gists:
First of all, I am a muslim.
But this nonesense of road blocks must stop!! And by that I mean all forms of road blocks - be it from muslim community, christians, politicians, individual birthday/burial parties etc
Why on earth should roads be blocked on Nigerian Government officials.
Truth be told it is just insane impunity and lawlessness.

HOWEVER, the army is just too crazy!!
At the begining of the video, it took the army leader to shout at one of the soldiers not to shoot!
Can you imagine a soldier trying to kneel down to take position to fire at harmless civilians - Thank God they were led by a sensible chief.

I have made my opinion known on this issue and this video just confirmed it
How were they harmless or arm-less? Didn't you see cutlasses and sickles? I don't understand your Bias. Do you know what those men have gone through in the hands of BH? Do you think you would still have your sanity after surviving different attacks from an enemy? Once you perceive a threat, your instinct would be self defense before thinking of innocent harmless humans.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by omoharry(f): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

when a British soldier was hacked to death in front of a barracks did the British govt order a slaughter of muslims?

continue to justify the brutal actions of security forces, when you or someone close to you have a personal encounter with them you will know better.

remember this same forces can be unleashed against anyone or any group. rule of law is what guarantees our individual right
you are nothing but a blind fanatic muslim who will never be objective with this kind of situation at hand..you are defending this nuisance becos you are one of them...so if they had murdered one of our soldiers in the process of should thier islamic war song you would say they are defending thier religious rite...this is total nonsense..Northern Nigeria is at war...do you hear that Its is at war and the Army should be our friend becos they are defending the unity of this country.
Those shiit have no rite wht so ever to block the road and demostrate violent tendencies when soldies were tryin to even plead with them..I saw some with cultlass , sticks etc..insisting the soldies must not pass and are already shouting allah kubah or what ever they call it...this is madness at its hight and i am amazed that you did not see anything wrong in what they did than to blind your brain with your religion to defend them...is this how to serve God!!?...you guys are nothing but FANATICS that are a burden and threat to the world.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

IPOB Sit At Home Order: Anambra Thread (Pictures) / Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.