Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Top 3 Gadgets That Can Ruin Your GP - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 3 Gadgets That Can Ruin Your GP (656 Views)

Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World. / First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? / Six Common Words That Ruin Your Sentences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 3 Gadgets That Can Ruin Your GP by kengreatleads(m): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2015
Imagine a life without gadgets, boring right? This is because gadgets form a major part of things that make life fun, easy and interesting. Normally gadgets are not meant to bring down a student’s GP, in fact they’re meant to enhance it. But if a student is not careful enough, the same gadgets meant to enhance his/her GP may paralyze it. Being a student with a smiling GP comes with loads of discipline and focus. It also involves enough courage to put aside anything that stands in the way to becoming a successful student. Despite the vast number of thing that could mar a student’s success, let’s look at the top gadgets that are most likely culprits…

SMART PHONE
Having a great phone is awesome; unfortunately, same great phone could weaken your GP. Some students are so devoted to their phones that they’ve relegated study time to number two and made phone time number one on their priority list, no thanks to WhatsApp, BBM, Facebook and the likes. There’ll be enough time for social media, for now your GP should be priority. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not prohibiting a student from accessing Facebook and the likes. All I’m saying is your GP deserves more time than your phone.

TABLET
I recall MY Unilorin days when the school management decided to provide freshers tablets. I remember several times walking along the popular Unilorin walk-way seeing a good number of students (mostly freshers) recognizable by their tabs sitting along the walk-way with their eyes glued to their tablets’ screens. Guess what most of them were doing, temple run! That year the number of freshers that could not cross to the next level due to poor CGPA was epic. Now, do we blame the school for giving the students tablets to help with their academics or the students for misplaced priority?

LAPTOP
I totally concur, every student in a higher institution should have a laptop. However, students that cannot overcome the temptation of turning their laptops into distractive entertainment centers shouldn’t own one for GP’s sake! I’ve heard students confess to stabbing lectures because of Zuma! Come on guys; Zuma, FIFA, PES not going anywhere, all your GP is asking is a dedication of 4, 5 or 7 years as the case may be, after then you can play all the games you want plus any film of your choice. Entertainment is quite good but not at the expense of your beloved GP.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you should shut down your internet social life, stop playing video games, watching movies and become a zombie who is only interested in building GP. While in school, have fun, do things that make you happy but applying wisdom in all you do. Learn to prioritize: after God, academics and every other thing can follow. A friend of mine while in school used to delete all the social apps on his phone when school is in session and reinstalls them when school is on break. He graduated with 4.4 something and now works with a major organization. It’s all about understanding yourself and striking a balance by prioritizing. Good luck on your quest to graduating with a great GP!

http://www.amebojoint.com/2015/12/top-3-gadgets-that-can-ruin-your-gp.html
Re: Top 3 Gadgets That Can Ruin Your GP by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:42am On Dec 16, 2015
Nice write up op.
Re: Top 3 Gadgets That Can Ruin Your GP by wizard007(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2015
Gaming consoles should top that list.
Re: Top 3 Gadgets That Can Ruin Your GP by bolkay47(m): 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
Excellent write up. Thanks OP!
Re: Top 3 Gadgets That Can Ruin Your GP by tammyboy1(m): 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
every post on education section nw is about GP, is wa oh

(1) (Reply)

Invalid / Best Ways To Make Money Online – For Students / Best Polytechnics In Nigeria. Top 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.