Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,519 members, 7,847,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) (90888 Views)

EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) / US Activist Writes Trump, World Leaders, UN Over Ongoing Biafra Suppression (pic / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by bishop4life(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
wristbangle:

The same statement was said when things escalated and became civil war in 1967.

Igbos should tread carefully. This is south west we are talking about. I wonder why they can't protest in FCT. That is when I will say they have real guts.

LOL... Google is your friend. Protest already done in Abuja, with security operatives excorting the protesters.
It will be easier for him to do anywhere else but Abuja.
Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by nduchucks: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
The authorities must provide full protection to these peaceful protesters. They have the constitutional right to protest as long as they do it lawfully. If any troublemaker, hired goons, or OPC agents introduce violence in this matter, they should be summarily dealt with.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by chccho(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
But what is wrong with these people sef? How can u close down a market like alaba where u rake in millions/billions of naira, your source of income because of someone who is misguiding u? What is the wisdom in all this action? Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
generalcontact:
These are jst bunch of jobless youths... And that is the major reason why I see Nnamdi Kanu as a big scam. The funny aspect of it is that this jobless youths still contributes money for this movement

It simply means the jobless youths KNOW what they're doing. Let them have the stress, not you.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by Owoplenty(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
Why not iyana ipaja?

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by VintageCocktail(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
ifyalways:
Why not go to Alaigbo and protest?

In actual sense, wetin concern Eko with Biafra? My people sef embarassed
The embassies, international organisations, media, those are not in Biafra land, it is absolutely necessary if they are seeking for allies
Abuja and Lagos is both administrative and economic capital respectively, protesting in kano or Kaduna won't make sense but this two places are very vital.

11 Likes

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by KillaBeans(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nigerian are now known for staging protests and blasting people on social media and that's nonsense. Plus have they not heard that their new Ojukwu has been released?? Joblessness and illiteracy are so deadly. And why do I think these grown up kids need proper enlightenment. It's apparent that most of these kids have not been born during the civil war, so they know nothing about war.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by Benteazaa(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
Change Mantra

1 Share

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
chccho:
But what is wrong with these people sef? How can u close down a market like alaba where u rake in millions/billions of naira, your source of income because of someone who is misguiding u? What is the wisdom in all this action? Nawa o

Money isn't the most important value in life. How are they faring with the so called millions? You can't possibly love them more than they love themselves!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by teebazz: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
I still think its funny how our IPOB people thinks.
When Bros Jona was president, there was no noise.
I imagine how many traders in Alaba market will join these pointless and useless protest when their businesses are tied here in the west.
Its a pity its just the Jobless and Uneducated fraction of THESE that are jonsing up and down like MOFO's.

God bless Nigeria. UNITED We STAND and UNITED we ll continue to REMAIN

With BIA--- it is finished, --"Gen Gowon"

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by swizmony(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nnamdi KANU has been discharged. DSS is not going ahead with the prosecution. So let them give peace a chance. These one didn't see the Civil War of 1967, else they would hold on to peace by all means.
Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by abbey621(m): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
As long as the protests are peaceful, I'm all for it. Sometimes we must protest in other for the government to take us seriously and this goes for everybody not just Biafrans! Whether you are Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and so on; you must learn to fight for your rights in a peaceful manner. This is the beauty of democracy!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by chccho(m): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
chccho:
There is a saying in Yoruba and it goes as "aja to ba ma sonu ko ni gbo free ode" meaning the dog that will get lost will not hear the whistle of his hunter

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by LadyExcellency: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Ishilove:

The court will deliberate on his bail application tomorrow. Until then, the 'Mandela' of Igboland remains in DSS custody.

I hope he is enjoying the beans grin

Too much "painment" is all I see.

What a pity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by Owoplenty(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
nduchucks:
The authorities most provide full protection to these peaceful protesters. They have the constitutional right to protest as long as they do it lawfully. If and troublemaker, hired goons, or OPC agents introduce violence in this matter, they should be summarily dealt with.
are they not miscrants? They will soon start looting like their fathers in 60s

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by teebazz: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Eyepencil:

Empty threats!

Mr man shatap dia! nothing dey happen you think say igbos na cowards? abeg shift jor.

Igbos are fearless people get that into ur dumb skull.

Umu chineke carry on with the protest.

Its treason breaking unity of a sovereign nation Fearless. Its absolute cowardice. Please refer to the results of fighting the government when u rebel against its rule.

Such a Pity

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by SweetJustice: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
hmmm but come to think of it guys, if this biafra thing is not managed well it may get out of hand o. God help us not to witness another civil war.
Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by wheredemdey: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
wristbangle:

I was born in lagos and I know this since I was a child.

LOL, @ mouth. If una like make una make the protest dey violence, una go hear wien. Like I said you guys should tread carefully.

So it's no longer that igbos cannot protest in Lagos again.....its now that they should not be violent....smh

May God never give me a cowardly sissy son like you....you are very feeble minded and classless[b]....the lion is very ashamed of himself when his cub runs away at the barking of a dog.....[/b][i][/i]I rather remain childless than hv a sissy son like u.

BTW...i can bet my today and tomorrow that in the event violence spreads....or even war starts today...your type will flee via the alamesiegha way...you are dropping threats but you cant even stand your shadow.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by Eyepencil: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
bishop4life:

If you are brainless, confront them the way you do in South East

Don't mind that coward.

Yoruba fit get mind stage protest for south east? grin grin Make guys use dem shine small

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by chccho(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Money isn't the most important value in life. How are they faring with the so called millions?
chai
The truth is bitter
Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by eltweezy90(m): 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hundreddegrees:
Jobless Fellows, hooligans,Nincompoops, an exhibition of their stupidity
No come break person head with dis your English, biko!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2015
angry angry angry angry
Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2015
BIAFRA, YOU WANT US TO SUPPORT YOUR STRUGGLE ? YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR FLAG FIRST. THAT FLAG IS UGLY, DON'T YOU PEOPLE HAVE CONSULTANTS?

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by kjhova(m): 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
oshyno:
If igbos in lagos suspend market tmoro for tmoro protest, economic indices will send shivers down d spine of FG. Stock market will be affected. Trading ill be affected. Share indeces will be affected. There n then FG will know that they ought to give IPOB a listening ears.

Lagos is d hub of the country economy and if Igbo can stage a protest like dis 4 two days it will be felt accross d nation.

Hello @Oshyno, I respect your agitation and desires but I am afraid that achieving them won't be that easy. Nigeria's economy is big and complex and it isn't likely that a few hundred man march round Alaba for 4 days would resonate so strongly with our capital market. At best it will only lead to police/military intervention and a few precious Igbo lives will be lost prematurely. Closure of Alaba will not hurt our capital market as such because the market almost entirely represents the informal sector of the economy.

To me, Biafra is DOA if this is the preferred approach of its agitators. You cannot have your independent nation by force of arm above force of intellect.

4 Likes

Re: Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) by teebazz: 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
Eyepencil:

Don't mind that coward.

Yoruba fit get mind stage protest for south east? grin grin Make guys use dem shine small

Yoruba's are the most read and refreshed race in Nigeria. We ll never be a rebel and discern so low to rebel against our country.
Nigeria ll never have a rebellious leader. They ll continue to remain at the bottom. - Do u get grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Bath On The Road In Umuahia As Native Doctor Performs Ritual (Video) / Osun 2022: Governorship Election Monitoring, Live Updates And Results / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.