Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,100 members, 7,859,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Beauty For Ashes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beauty For Ashes (302 Views)

What Does It Mean That Job Repented In Dust And Ashes? / Ashes Or Life (spare A Little Of Your Time And Read) / Ashes Or Life (Spare a little of your time and read this) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beauty For Ashes by Sustainer(f): 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
Aaron was Moses’ brother, his ‘prophet’ as NLT puts it, he was a mouthpiece for Moses at a time Moses thought he wasn’t a good speaker. God did wondrous miracles through the hand of Aaron and Moses. Infact, the first display of God’s power before Pharaoh was done with Aarons staff. Aarons staff was the one that turned into a snake. He like all the other Israelites saw the great and mighty display of God’s mighty power. He witnessed all the plagues that happened in Egypt, the parting of the Red Sea, he ate manna, he saw how God made water come from a rock. He saw the glory of God come upon the mountain Sinai. He heard the voice of God. Infact, he along with Moses, Nadal, Abihu, Joshua and seventy of Israel elders went up the mountain, they saw God, God didn’t destroy as most would assume. The opposite happened, they shared a meal in God’s presence. In the presence of God, there is fullness of joy, what a sight that would have been, all those people eating and feasting in God’s presence, starring in amazement at God, it would have been wonderful! Just glorious.

From the book of Exodus 25-31 it was a time of silence for the Israelites, maybe even worry and confusion. Moses was with God. He had been with God for 40 days and 40 nights. They weren’t sure what had happened to him. He was their leader, he had been guiding them around the wilderness. I’d like to assume that as the days passed and there wasn’t a sign of Moses, they began to panic and wonder if they would ever get out of the wilderness. It was only Moses who heard and talked to God. It was only Moses who ‘knew’ where they were going and how they were going to get there. Now, it didn’t seem as if he was going to come back. So they did what they thought was best. They went to Aaron and asked for a god to be made. And Aaron made a god for them out of gold earrings.

It’s amazing to me that God knew Aaron was going to make an idol for the people. God knew what was in the hearts of the Israelites as the days went by without word from Moses. Yet, He chose to make Aaron the high priest. (What kind of love is this) Infact, not only Aaron, his descents also. What kind of God is this? If I was the one in God’s shoes, I probably wouldn’t have made Aaron the priest, I would have meted out judgement to him on the spot. But, that’s how wonderful the God I serve is. He is always forgiving.

Read more here https://spiritbreathes./2015/11/20/beauty-for-ashes/

(1) (Reply)

The Sign Of Jonah / Every Normal Marriage Has Problems And Challenges - True Or False? / What's Your Claim To Fame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.