Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk (12199 Views)

Greencard/us Passport Application Issues, Please Advise Now / E-passport Application / Questions About New E-passport Application Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by yommyuk: 6:55am On Jun 06, 2009
Guys

How much does it cost to apply for pali in the UK?
and how long will it take?

Is their any speed delivery service on offer? smiley
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by erico2k2(m): 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2009
GUy check thier website,its bulshit and inshort, go collect for 9ja,those guys at our embassey are jokers.
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2009
cost is $110 plus 50 pounds for processing. pay on d website u will get an interview date, take all necessary documents with u; collection days varies from one week to a month. All da best!
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by yommyuk: 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2009
@ tonySafe22 thanks for the info wink

@erico - no plans 4 naija yet. cool
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by DisGuy: 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2009
about £150 through the normal route, ps. if you apply online when you get there you will be told to apply again
take anywhere from two week to six weeks

about £400 naija route, all within a week sad
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by tboy1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2009
Dis Guy:

about £150 through the normal route, ps. if you apply online when you get there you will be told to apply again
your info is wrong

@poster
ToniSafe22 is correct - collect date is not more than 10days
I'll also advice you to take the day off because you're going to be there almost the whole day
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by erico2k2(m): 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2009
poster correct me if Im wrong, U want a blank passport for your runs, if this is the case, arrange am from home, send ur pic and let them package am for you loads of guys do it here,but if you go for the E passport, dont 4get your prints gonna be on it and so is everythig bout you, so if nah flyers you dey look for contact your guys for 9ja if not fire down the advice of Tonisafe22, hi advice is top,kapreech!
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2009
Dis Guy:

My friend got hers within one week! Without paying one extra pound apart from $110 plus 50 pounds fees. . . Its all depends if its in the peak period or not.

I will be getting mine hopefully before this month runs out. .
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by yommyuk: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2009
i will go for Toni(s) wink
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by DisGuy: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
Thanks for the info guys, seems some people I know have been wasting money!!!
peak period as in summer/xmas time?
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2009
Dis Guy:

Thanks for the info guys, seems some people I know have been wasting money!!!
peak period as in summer/xmas time?

yeah . . .

@ Yommyuk
try and book at least one wk b4 u intend going (5 wking days). Hope to see you soon on the endless Quene outside the High COmmission. grin The last time i was there, i thought i was in nigeria quening up to buying fuel during fuel scarcity . . . grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by tboy1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
ToniSafe22:

yeah . . .

@ Yommyuk
try and book at least one wk b4 u intend going (5 wking days). Hope to see you soon on the endless Quene outside the High COmmission. grin The last time i was there, i thought i was in nigeria quening up to buying fuel during fuel scarcity . . . grin
mine ws worse, the first interview date they gave me was bank holiday(may day in nigeria so they also did may day ere), only for us to get there and no one ws there. one of the guys i met there said i ws even lucky, his own first interview date ws on easter monday.

just be prepared to wait there for the whole day, i got there at 9am and didnt get home till 8.30pm
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2009
tboy1:

mine ws worse, the first interview date they gave me was bank holiday(may day in nigeria so they also did may day ere), only for us to get there and no one ws there. one of the guys i met there said i ws even lucky, his own first interview date ws on easter monday.

just be prepared to wait there for the whole day, i got there at 9am and didnt get home till 8.30pm

LMAO. . . . grin Yeah their website has issues. . . It oftens happens; thats y i said yommyuk shd try booking at least five working day, when hes sure no bank holiday days r hanging around. .
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by X2X(m): 12:41am On Jun 12, 2009
Folks,

Is the process same or similar for someone who is renewing his passport (i.e. changing from old passport to e-passport)?
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by tboy1(m): 12:46am On Jun 12, 2009
X-2-X:

Folks,
Is the process same or similar for someone who is renewing his passport (i.e. changing from old passport to e-passport)?
yes - this is what i went there for
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by X2X(m): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2009
tboy1:

yes - this is what i went there for

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2009
I just made payments now and got interview date for next week. .

-   I realise theres a guarantors form to be filled. just asking if its compulsory to fill the guarantors lengthy form e.g ASSET (Cash Available, Names and Addresses of Bankers,Houses, Other Assets & cpy of passport etc?
Still trying to figure out a guarantor here in d uk? undecided
Do i need to get a letter of identification from local govt in nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by Ilelobola: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2009
Does anyone know if one can apply for a new e-Passport well before the expiry of the old MRP one? A friend's husband will be applying for a UK settlement visa in the UK from a 2 year spouse one soon. I advised him to get the new e-Passport now since we will all be required to get it next year anyway so he won't have to pay the UK Homeoffice again to transfer the visa next year. However his MRP Nig passport is valid for another 3 years or so. I know I should be calling the High Commission but I've never really trusted info from there. Has anyone tried/done this before? Thanks.

ToniSafe22:

I just made payments now and got interview date for next week. .

- I realise theres a guarantors form to be filled. just asking if its compulsory to fill the guarantors lengthy form e.g ASSET (Cash Available, Names and Addresses of Bankers,Houses, Other Assets & cpy of passport etc?
Still trying to figure out a guarantor here in d uk? undecided
Do i need to get a letter of identification from local govt in nigeria?

A friend was the guarantor for my daughter's application; obviously they are not going to ask your guarantor for proof of assets etc. She certainly did not fill in her true assets anyway. And yes we took a copy of her passport too. If my memory serves me well, I don't think they took the form anyway as they seemed to fill another one themselves and made me the guarantor. But I'd say get someone with a Nigerian passport to fill it in and take it with you. You don't want to spend the whole day there and then they tell you at 7pm that you didn't print 1 document!

We certainly didn't have a letter of ID from the local government. It was her first passport but might be different rules for minors.
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by tboy1(m): 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2009
Ilelobola:

Does anyone know if one can apply for a new e-Passport well before the expiry of the old MRP one? A friend's husband will be applying for a UK settlement visa in the UK from a 2 year spouse one soon. I advised him to get the new e-Passport now since we will all be required to get it next year anyway so he won't have to pay the UK Homeoffice again to transfer the visa next year. However his MRP Nig passport is valid for another 3 years or so. I know I should be calling the High Commission but I've never really trusted info from there. Has anyone tried/done this before? Thanks.
Yes you can. I had about a yr left on my old passport - its expires sometime next yr
Take ur old passport with the relevant docs(assuming you've booked and filled all docs online)
Once they've issued your new passwort, they'll cancel the old one but you'll have to staple the two together(only if you've still got valid visa on the old one)
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by Ilelobola: 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
Thanks tboy1. I presume this is the new e-Passport? Just that I've heard you shouldn't staple it otherwise becomes invalid . . . I'll let my friend know. Ta.
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by tboy1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2009
Ilelobola:

Thanks tboy1. I presume this is the new e-Passport? Just that I've heard you shouldn't staple it otherwise becomes invalid . . . I'll let my friend know. Ta.
No probs.
yes this is the new e-passport - also dont bother taking any passport photo . . . they use their own camera when u get there.I think the best is not to staple the passport, but to hold the two passports together
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by busybody20: 8:45am On Jun 25, 2009
I just got back from NHC London, It wasnt stressful as such, fewer pple (like 50), more ventilation, the staffs seems to be more organised dis time around, there were 2 staffs dedicated to attending to pple as they got in,so if u dont hv ur complete documents u will b advised to leave instead of crowding the room, within 3 hours i was thru and asked to come for collection a week after cool.
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by kejiola: 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2009
Getting my e passport was not as bad as I expected, nconsidering past experiences. What I need to now is if the old passport get cancelled, when I get the re-issued e passport. Or is there a special way to go about cancelling the old one because it doesn't expitre till 2012. Is it alright to have to passport valid at the same time?? please advise,
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by Amanda86(f): 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
I'm having same problem. I'm a British Citizen. Clearly none of the official know what they are talking about, a man at HC London told me to go to it in Nigeria they will be no problem in me getting passport! Bah.
I find it disgracful that I have to continue paying for a visa every year, but even more so that I cannot get citizenship in the country my husband comes from. Just another way for the theives to make money!!!
Re: Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk by qmod: 12:25am On Sep 01, 2012
Hi everyone, I have the old type of passport and want to upgrade to the e-passport. Will the e-passport have the same passport number as the old one which is not an e-passport?

Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Primero Sacked 300 BRT Drivers In A Year For Commuter Safety / Gokada Achieves 99.8% Safety Records After 2 Million Rides / Abuja To Test Run Light Rail Service In November Before Launch - FCT Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.