Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! (5671 Views)

Kidnapped Colonel Samaila Inusa Is Dead / Woman Kidnapped, Raped, Murdered In Benin And Dumped In The Boot Of A Jeep / Man Kidnapped, Buried Alive In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2009
Anambra billionaire, Pokobros kidnapped

•Wife, driver shot

ODGWU EMEKA ODGWU, Awka

BILLIONAIRE businessman, Chief Paul Okonkwo popularly known as Pokobros was yesterday kidnapped by gunmen at Awka, Anambra State capital.

One of his six wives and a driver whose identities could not be ascertained immediately were shot and injured by the gunmen.

The incident which occured at the popular Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) junction Awka, came just as the state police command organised a training workshop for over 5000 vigilante men on how to assist the police fight kidnapping and armed robbery,

Anambra State Police Public Relations officer, Mr Emeka Chukwuemeka confirmed the incident in an interview with Saturday Champion yesterday adding that the police was on the trail of the kidnappers. He said policemen have been deplored to Nise community near Awka in search of the kidnapped Pokobros.

http://www.champion-newspapers.com/saturday%20files/saturday%20%20articles/articles1.htm
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by AjaraEwuro: 8:49am On Jun 06, 2009
and they say they are fighting for justice?
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 06, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

and they say they are fighting for justice?

Are you mistaking some faceless and voiceless hoodlums who never informed you on anything about justice and liberation for MEND?
Did you read the report at all?
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by AjaraEwuro: 9:01am On Jun 06, 2009
nuzo:

Are you mistaking some faceless and voiceless hoodlums who never informed you on anything about justice and liberation for MEND?
Did you read the report at all?

No, I didnt read, come and read it to me. Who gives a fu ck if it is MEND or not MEND. Since 911, Al Qaeda has been accused of how many terrorism acts worldwide? even if it wasnt their handwork? So, in this case, if it looks like MEND, it sure is foolish old MEND.
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 06, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

No, I didnt read, come and read it to me. Who gives a fu ck if it is MEND or not MEND. Since 911, Al Qaeda has been accused of how many terrorism acts worldwide? even if it wasnt their handwork? So, in this case, if it looks like MEND, it sure is foolish old MEND.

I too have my grouse against MEND, but its ridiculous to apportion blame based on sentiments.
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 06, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Anambra billionaire, Pokobros kidnapped

•Wife, driver shot

ODGWU EMEKA ODGWU, Awka

BILLIONAIRE businessman, Chief Paul Okonkwo popularly known as Pokobros was yesterday kidnapped by gunmen at Awka, Anambra State capital.

One of his six wives and a driver whose identities could not be ascertained immediately were shot and injured by the gunmen.

The incident which occured at the popular Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) junction Awka, came just as the state police command organised a training workshop for over 5000 vigilante men on how to assist the police fight kidnapping and armed robbery,

Anambra State Police Public Relations officer, Mr Emeka Chukwuemeka confirmed the incident in an interview with Saturday Champion yesterday adding that the police was on the trail of the kidnappers. He said policemen have been deplored to Nise community near Awka in search of the kidnapped Pokobros.

http://www.champion-newspapers.com/saturday%20files/saturday%20%20articles/articles1.htm
I couldnt read beyound the six wives part
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 06, 2009
aisha2:

I couldnt read beyound the six wives part

Why? Do you have a problem with that?
Cos I could tell you that 6 of them are adequately taken care of with his hard earned money. I can also tell you about governors and government officials who have about the same number of wives only that they use your money to take wed and carter for their wives. cheesy
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by MrCrackles(m): 11:11am On Jun 06, 2009
Yet another kindnap! sad
I dont think it is politically motivated though, it is probably all about the money!
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2009
Anambra is now the Bagdad of Nigeria, make all man exercise some caveats if u r there or passing thru. Big shame
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by ifyalways(f): 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2009
Thought he had just 3 wives  shocked,never knew the hamlet don increase.
@Topic,i think this is not politically motivated.Hes a big time biz man with dough.it might be abt cash or some biz deals  undecided
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by IGWEUSA(m): 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2009
In fact, the only solution to this kidnapping business in Anambra state is to bring back the BAKASSI boys.
           angry In Anambra state, the wages of sin should be death. angry angry
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by sosisi(f): 10:59pm On Jun 06, 2009
what is he doing with 6 wives?
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by tamme: 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2009
all igbo men are not monogamous after all grin
Re: Pokobros (anambra Billionaire Business Man) Kidnapped! by sosisi(f): 11:10pm On Jun 06, 2009
tamme:

all igbo men are not monogamous after all grin

They have never all claimed to be
I'm sure you're dying to be his 7th wife
He needs a Calabar queen

(1) (Reply)

He Has Died But Still Opening His Eyes As 4 Cult Groups Clash In Ogun State / ‘They tortured Chima’ — Family of mechanic ‘killed’ by police (GRAPHIC PHOTOS) / Revealed: How Access Bank Fraudulently Took Over Intercontinental Bank – The Buk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.