Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison (36998 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Poses With Friends As He's Freed From Kuje Prison In Abuja.PICS/VID / Charles Okah Escapes From Kuje Prison - Sahara Reporters / Breaking-dokpesi Released From Efcc Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by bentenny(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
ikechukwu354:
cheiii this country, I will say it again, if the liles of dokpesi and dasuki don't go to prison, then THIS ADMINISTRATION IS MOUTH, just wasting peoples time and finance.

Won't be surprised if EFCC has taking there own share of the looted funds. so sorry for this pessimistic country even when we still give dem our trust and loyalty.
Ever heard the saying that one is innocent until they are proven guilty by a law court?
I guess if you had the opportunity,you would sentence an innocent man without any proof...smh
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by MayorXB: 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
RockMaxi:
I saw Dokpesi sipping wine. embarassed embarassed
He was going to open another bottle before someone called his attention to camera panning on him.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by Sultannayef: 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Nigeria is a funny country. How did a civil servant legitimately bring out N200m to pay as bail money. How did he make such money? How much is his annual salary? I think EFCC should move in

N200m is peanuts to some federal perm secretaries. Some directors of finance can cough out that money in a sec.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by Dirkcoyt: 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
okolochyke:

Bros be smart and think

The government cannot detain him indefinitely. Once he has met the requirements of bail conditions, they have to let him go

Investigations and prosecution is still ongoing.

This is not a military government where they can detain accused persons as long as they want.

Chiarman, sheby na work me and you dey do so? Which civil servant made 200million legitmately And the second surety, which investor get straight 3 consecutive years tax payment for naija? We all know how non-existent nigeria tax system is, to mean he met the necessary bail is a sham, a big lie I won't believe, they can tell me he was bailed on another terms but certainly isn't this sir.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by okolochyke: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Nigeria is a funny country. How did a civil servant legitimately bring out N200m to pay as bail money. How did he make such money? How much is his annual salary? I think EFCC should move in

He doesnt need to provide the funds ooo

He/she only needs to show that he/she has the capital i.e. property, shareholdings etc

Still The surety has a lot of explaining to do. I think we should wait for the identity of the surety to surface
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by mu2sa2: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
He is going back to prison upon his certain conviction. He should have stayed there to get used to the prison environment.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by bigtt76(f): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
True talk. Most times the bail conditions are so set to make sure the accused cannot meet same and hence remains there.

TonyeBarcanista:

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by okolochyke: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
Sultannayef:

N200m is peanuts to some federal perm secretaries. Some directors of finance can cough out that money in a sec.

Bros N200m is chicken change to a lot of government workers, even Local government chairmen have far more than that. But can you justify such amount considering your salary scale/entitlements?
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
SmartMugu:

Some people are richer than Dangote in this country. Dokpesi is a PDP chieftain. Several folks got billions from years this regime is probing at the moment.
This is a serious problem. How can a group of wealthy men connive to share the meagre resources of the country and sentencing the whole populate to acute poverty and suffering. It is more shameful that some buffoon could stand as surety to bail morally bankrupt men that has no sympathy for the poor populace. Indeed, the sureties also have explanation to tender.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by deebest(m): 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
macaranta:
See how some peeps up there are seriously wishing him harm.Hmmm Hatred does not make a man.

This is not hatred. Just trying to lay emphasis on the fact that over the years, it has been proven by the so called 'big men' that they above sinning and it s as if the law has only be made for the poor to face and not the rich.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by deebest(m): 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
macaranta:
See how some peeps up there are seriously wishing him harm.Hmmm Hatred does not make a man.

This is not hatred. Just trying to lay emphasis on the fact that over the years, it has been proven by the so called 'big men' that they are above sinning and it s as if the law has only be made for the poor to face and not the rich.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by Donpressman(m): 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
Buti why
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by balancediet(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2015
Go ask the. Judge na. U no fit even hide ur badd belle. Small
TonyeBarcanista:
We'll like to know the two civil servants that stood surety. They must explain how they acquired N200m each and also how they got landed properties in like sum.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by okolochyke: 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Dirkcoyt:

Chiarman, sheby na work me and you dey do so? Which civil servant made 200million legitmately And the second surety, which investor get straight 3 consecutive years tax payment for naija? We all know how non-existent nigeria tax system is, to mean he met the necessary bail is a sham, a big lie I won't believe, they can tell me he was bailed on another terms but certainly isn't this sir.

My Oga we are saying the same thing

It was a trap and some people have fallen for it. Dont be surprised if it is later revealed that the second surety (investor) is his son.

Whatever, the two sureties don buy EFCC market
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by SmartMugu: 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Unfortunately he can't write a book about life in Kuje prison or narrate his ordeals to interviewers. He was only behind the counter when he was there, not in the prison-prison like regular masses.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Dirkcoyt:

From today!!!! Bros I hereby denounce every support I've got for this government as regards corruption, cause its evident enough its all mouth! Lord knows how irritated I am to see dopeksi on tv tonight, the whole case is a smokescreen then, it will die naturally like the sarakis et al cases.
Do you know the pain I feel reading headlines of looting billions and trillions? Some of us are so ashamed of these morally bankrupt men. Imagine poor Nigerians campaigning for candidates of their choice in line with their patriotic dutÝ while some morally bankrupt wealthy evil men sits in a round table to share the resources of these people without any iota of sympathy.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by ramalot(m): 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
We'll like to know the two civil servants that stood surety. They must explain how they acquired N200m each and also how they got landed properties in like sum.

Don't senators count as civil servants? You do remember the ungodly amounts they are paid right?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
okolochyke:

Barcanista

Only one of the sureties is required to be a civil servant.

We would still like to the identity of the individual and I am sure EFCC is even more interested
Honestly, EFCC should be interested of the surety.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
someone of his status will surely have guarantors that meets the requirements,so don't bother yourself

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
callmenow:

Nigeria is a perfectly constituted country with a constitution. Nothing is funny. Can a civil servant not borrow money from bank or relatives. Must he pay from his salary? A bit of lateral thinking should suffice here. EFCC must not attempt to query the civil servants. That is not part of their remit. If they try it, then they are trampling on the civil servants fundamental human rights. That will mean litigation.
Hear yourself, a civil servant wÍll borrow money from the bank just to secure bail? Which bank give such loan? Which relative will borrow a civil servant a whopping N200m to secure bail? Is the relative Dangote? If he has access to such money then he wouldn't be in civil service. This doesn't make sense.

And yes, in civil service one is investigated if he is seen to own properties that isn't commensurate with his income. Go get acquainted with civil service rules

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by Dirkcoyt: 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Do you know the pain I feel reading headlines of looting billions and trillions? Some of us are so ashamed of these morally bankrupt men. Imagine poor Nigerians campaigning for candidates of their choice in line with their patriotic dutÝ while some morally bankrupt wealthy evil men sits in a round table to share the resources of these people without any iota of sympathy.

It really sinks my heart deeper than the titanic bro! To worsen the show I saw some clowns of pastors quoting bible in such gathering! People who should uphold moral standards inhaling the stench of corruption coming from the filthy body of dokpesi! One was even quoting mattew, just smh for this country! No justice take it or leave it bro

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by mart2k(m): 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Yes, I agree wit u. Very soon, I bliv EFCC wil go after them.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by SmartMugu: 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This is a serious problem. How can a group of wealthy men connive to share the meagre resources of the country and sentencing the whole populate to acute poverty and suffering. It is more shameful that some buffoon could stand as surety to bail morally bankrupt men that has no sympathy for the poor populace. Indeed, the sureties also have explanation to tender.

It's simply the world we live in. Several things happen in political circles worldwide. Even the system in many great countries are designed on making a select few richer at the expense of others. Nigerian policitians are just crude in their approach by being too obvious, making the rest of the world stare at us like that has never being one of their problems.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
Sultannayef:

But that is illegitimate. Is their legitimate annual earning up to 5% of N200m?
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by edupedia: 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

maybe retired civil servants...if so IBB will be one of them..
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
okolochyke:

He doesnt need to provide the funds ooo

He/she only needs to show that he/she has the capital i.e. property, shareholdings etc

Still The surety has a lot of explaining to do. I think we should wait for the identity of the surety to surface

No sir, the money for bail must be paid to the court. It is the landed properties that must be shown to the court. Thanks
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
bigtt76:
True talk. Most times the bail conditions are so set to make sure the accused cannot meet same and hence remains there.

But their corrupt allies will always come to their rescue
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by Chubhie: 9:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
PMB is yet to catch any bush meat after been elected for the sole purpose of fighting corruption.

PMB should understand that the excuse of “All most” is no longer tenable.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
The heartbreak I see here is legendary!

After all the expectations that he would spend Christmas and New year in Prison...

Hypocrites!

Go and arrest his bail surety naaa!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
balancediet:
Go ask the. Judge na. U no fit even hide ur badd belle. Small
bad belle for alleged thief? No sir, I'm only angry that someone stole what belongs to the country which I'm part of.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
ramalot:

Don't senators count as civil servants? You do remember the ungodly amounts they are paid right?
SINators are public servants not civil servants.
Re: BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
johnnycrew:
someone of his status will surely have guarantors that meets the requirements,so don't bother yourself
How can a civil servant legitimately cough out N200m to pay as sum for bail?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor / Tinubu Graduated With Honors From Our School, Says Chicago University / Soldiers Chasing Voters Away In Enugu State During The Announcement Of Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.