Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund (24046 Views)

FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation / Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal / Senate Uncovers Govs, Minister’s Imported Luxury Cars In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2015
emorse:

Yes corruption has eaten deep but that is because of the prevalent impunity. Its human nature to be greedy and always seek the easiest means to self accomplishment. However, if there are consequences for every action as Mr. President has warned, everyone would sit up. These consequences are what we are waiting to see though.

I agree.....My anger is while a people will wait on another person's reprimands before doing what's normal.....well, it's human nature.

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Keegan: 8:28am On Dec 17, 2015
joseph1832:
At every nook and cranny in the last administration, is looting, more looting and plundering of our resources, what didn't happen in Yar'Adua and OBJ's administration happened during this administration, because of just one reason, the centre was weak!.

I'll still say this, I'm still marvelled that upon the looting and plundering of billions dollars, Nigeria still stands!

Nigeria stands on the sweat, blood and life of her used/abused helpless masses.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 17, 2015
PassingShot:

This is the more reason we need to support any president who is showing strong resolve to fight the scourge. It's the reason we have to stand by PMB.

I couldn't agree more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Mariecakes(f): 8:28am On Dec 17, 2015
emorse:

Better believe it sis. We were on the verge of death as a result of some people's greed.
It is well ooo
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by falseman(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2015
This are just few discoveries. Imagine Abacha's loot and the one's happening since 60's no wonder Nigeria is this backward yet they keep telling us we don't have enough money.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by jayAjoku(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2015
dem dey uncover money daily yet man no dey see any one to chop oooo na wa for investigators ooo
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by amtaken(f): 8:37am On Dec 17, 2015
Between 2002 and 2012.

Buhari won't probe them because his political allies like OBJ, Atiku etc will be affected.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by mrnairaland1(m): 8:40am On Dec 17, 2015
If Jonathan /Pdp had emerged the president of this nation once again "they would have looted Nigeria out of the world map" These figures and are crazy, I can't just imagine my head. And we have many Nigerians living below 1 dollar per day.

This looting is Satanic!

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by laprince(m): 8:41am On Dec 17, 2015
joseph1832:
At every nook and cranny in the last administration, is looting, more looting and plundering of our resources, what didn't happen in Yar'Adua and OBJ's administration happened during this administration, because of just one reason, the centre was weak!.

I'll still say this, I'm still marveled that upon the looting and plundering of billions dollars, Nigeria still stands!

The loot has always been.
I will like to see OBJ administration also probed.

These people chop us sha.

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 17, 2015
joseph1832:

I'll still say this, I'm still marveled that upon the looting and plundering of billions dollars, Nigeria still stands!
Talk what u know, All of the admistration starting from IBB are guilty. The issue is as inflation increases, days go by greediness increases.
The 4th national assemble started with #3.5m furniture allowance, the 8th national assemble come up with wodrobe allowance plus other allowances they received. Were there necked, what is the essence of their basic salary? The funny part is all this is that 95% of all the APCs shouting probe, probe are all members of PDP and they took part in all these attrocities we are seeing now.
Now they are all saints simply because they belong to APC.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2015
dearpreye:

Societal rot begins at the personal level- that's the core. Every people needs some agencies to tame the weakness of the natural propensity of man to be selfish, greedy and corrupt but such won't prevent corruption in the truest sense.

A typical example is the Japanese system. The Japanese are some of the most honest and transparent humans I've interacted with. ....a people committed to unsupervised excellence and verity. When was the last time you heard of serious financial misappropriation from that nation?

Brother, till every individual is committed to doing the right thing without being supervised, Nigeria goes nowhere. It's that simple. We need new values as a people.
the question is how do you work on the personal values of each nigerian...maybe cleansing the whole nation with an atomic bomb and starting afresh... grin..I Don tire my brother...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 17, 2015
amtaken:
Between 2002 and 2012.

Buhari won't probe them because his political allies like OBJ, Atiku etc will be affected.
he can't probe..those crop of politicians sponsored his campaign... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by anigbajumo(m): 8:48am On Dec 17, 2015
mrnairaland1:
If Jonathan /Pdp had emerged the president of this nation once again "they would have looted Nigeria out of the world map" These figures and are crazy, I can't just imagine my head. And we have many Nigerians living below 1 dollar per day.

This looting is Satanic!

U nailed it

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 17, 2015
Keegan:

Nigeria stands on the sweat, blood and life of her used/abused helpless masses.
you just gave the right answers...you should have attached the adjective docile...docile masses who can't act to tell our leaders that the people own the country...
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by amtaken(f): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2015
Yeah
IzonOwei:
he can't probe..those crop of politicians sponsored his campaign... cheesy
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 17, 2015
IzonOwei:
the question is how do you work on the personal values of each nigerian...maybe cleansing the whole nation with an atomic bomb and starting afresh... grin..I Don tire my brother...

Hahahahaha. They're of no use being dead. It will take decades of exemplary and visionary leadership to change the crazy values of Nigerians; changing the culture of a people can even a century. The best is to start at the Nursery school level and instil these values upfront. We're in a deep mess.....and we're NOT getting out of it any time soon. kiss
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2015
dearpreye:

Hahahahaha. They're of no use being dead. It will take decades of exemplary and visionary leadership to change the crazy values of Nigerians; changing the culture of a people can even a century. The best is to start at the Nursery school level and instil these values upfront. We're in a deep mess.....and we're NOT getting out of it any time soon. kiss
you made a good point...I think from the schools new minds should be sensitised on how government should be run and what followers should expect from their leaders...

But preye shey na our schools wey parents dey pay money make children pass junior and senior waec. .. grin grin...nigeria needs an atomic bomb... grin grin
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by danbrowndmf(m): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2015
ORACLE1975:
This government just dey uncover I beg nah who cover waiting u dey uncover me don tyre no be small oh ha

Nothing serious about this government.
somebody stole 701billion & somebody else uncovered it & your saying there is nothing serious about the person who uncovered it...bros we can't always be sentimental...lets be truthful for once to ourself.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by eedriyz(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2015
OBJ and GEJ
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by brownlord: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2015
Demdem:
Am convinced within me that if further investigation is done, it will be noticed that Jonah-daft withdrew the most amount. Very useless thing.

Retard, Jonathan was president in 2002?

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2015
IzonOwei:
you made a good point...I think from the schools new minds should be sensitised on how government should be run and what followers should expect from their leaders...

But preye shey na our schools wey parents dey pay money make children pass junior and senior waec. .. grin grin...nigeria needs an atomic bomb... grin grin

Leadership failures in ALL its ramifications.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2015
dearpreye:
Corruption exists in all the nations of the Earth but the one that takes place here in Nigeria is primitive, almost barbaric. It's another proof of the prevalent lack of personal values haunting Nigeria.

Almost everyday are told stories of mind boggling cases of corruption and misappropriation of funds meant for projects. SMH!

Until Nigerians develop personal values and integrity, no amount of anti corruption agencies can stem this tide. Corruption is now officially the way of life of MOST Nigerians.

How can a nation develop when almost everyone is seeking intelligent means or steal and misappropriate funds? I fear blacks.

Pls don't fear blacks, only fear Jonah.daft and his useless cronies especially those on nairaland, unless you want to tell me that buhari is not black?
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by menxer: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2015
Don't fear blacks, but Nigerians in Nigeria.

Though Blacks and some Nigerians outside/inside Nigeria don't act or think this way.

The change we need is more of attitude and ethics than change in political party running government.

dearpreye:
Corruption exists in all the nations of the Earth but the one that takes place here in Nigeria is primitive, almost barbaric. It's another proof of the prevalent lack of personal values haunting Nigeria.

Almost everyday are told stories of mind boggling cases of corruption and misappropriation of funds meant for projects. SMH!

Until Nigerians develop personal values and integrity, no amount of anti corruption agencies can stem this tide. Corruption is now officially the way of life of MOST Nigerians.

How can a nation develop when almost everyone is seeking intelligent means or steal and misappropriate funds? I fear blacks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by rottennaija(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2015
dearpreye:

The shiit is deeper than can be expressed in words. It's a systemic issue.......Personal values is the solution to this madness.
True and as long as this continues, Nigeria can never develop and problem and different group will continue to complain, seeking segregation.

Personally, u think that if they had allowed buhari to continue with the way he did when he was a military head of state, by now, this country would have been in a good place by now.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2015
menxer:
Don't fear blacks, but Nigerians in Nigeria.

Though Blacks and some Nigerians outside/inside Nigeria don't act or think this way.

The change we need is more of attitude and ethics than change in political party running government.

I fear Nigerians........
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by WILL888(m): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2015
A renown poet,Niyi Osundare once said 'Jonathan has not put on his thinking cap rather he's only putting on a Niger deltan cap'
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by 9jatatafo(m): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2015
I am not surprised of all these figures mentioned because FIFA that is ran by the whites is a house of corruption. The fact remains that all governments are corrupt. If other past administrations are probed and investigated the revelation will be over whelming
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by flokii: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2015
Nigeria is finished... for real!

they've not gotten to OML and OPL payments o... involving Oil & Gas

yet so much has been uncovered...
I swear God go punish Nigerians. no be small
Imagine!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by lookingfly: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2015
Demdem:
Am convinced within me that if further investigation is done, it will be noticed that Jonah-daft withdrew the most amount. Very useless thing.
kai....You are being unfair to Gej, 2002-2012 widrawal and you think 3yrs widrawal of Gej is more that of obasanjos 5yrs.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by lookingfly: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2015
rottennaija:

This is just the federal civil service, have you heard if the state yet? You go tire
na true oooo, when would bullhari start probing the governor's

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#ondodecides2016: New Appeal Court Hearing Updates / Marafa: Crooks Within APC Want To Install Serving Governor As Buhari's Successor / DSS Foils Attempt To Hack, Steal N4.5b From TSA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.