Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund (24050 Views)

FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation / Budget Padding: Senate Uncovers N2bn Inserted Into Fashola's Proposal / Senate Uncovers Govs, Minister’s Imported Luxury Cars In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Bevista: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2015
IzonOwei:
pdp is not the problem..don't you get it...Our politicians irrespective of their parties are..We should do the right thing as citizens by either lynching them or unanimously revolting to bring back the sense of accountability in our leaders..A large chunk of pdp members are now in the apc. ..even the ones who were in other parties were thieves all along..
Couldn't have said it any better.

Why people blame PDP the most is that they were in charge of the Federal Government, and so had the most responsibility of putting things right. But instead of helping the situation, they rather accentuated it by institutionalizing corruption. For instance, right now most people are not even talking about the magnitude of corruption that happens in the states - everyone is focusing on PMB and his administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by rottennaija(m): 10:00am On Dec 17, 2015
lookingfly:
na true oooo, when would bullhari start probing the governor's

My brother, one thing at a time. One thing at a time
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by lookingfly: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2015
rottennaija:

My brother, one thing at a time. One thing at a time
buhari is only buying time with all this his probing thing since he has no comprehensive explanation on why Nigerians are passing through this hard times after the sweet mouth pre-election.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by gigabyte13: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2015
And some senior/junior and online/offline "EKPAs" said pdp will bounce back to power in 2019, for what? To continue looting from where they stopped? Nonsense party
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Burger01(m): 10:58am On Dec 17, 2015
madridguy:
Wallahi we no go vote for PDP again.
Never and never again angry
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by MuyiRano(m): 11:04am On Dec 17, 2015
Tolexander:
Dem dey uncover person wey 'rape' you and tools used in 'raping' you, you dey complain.

aren't you tired of being 'raped'?
1000 likes
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by rottennaija(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2015
lookingfly:
buhari is only buying time with all this his probing thing since he has no comprehensive explanation on why Nigerians are passing through this hard times after the sweet mouth pre-election.

Then you know not what you are talking about. Buhari is the most organised president I have ever seen within the time I have witness years in this country.

The ministers are in place and are working, it's on a matter of few months and people will start feeling the impact in some ways. Not everything will be normal but in some ways, things I'll start getting better in few months time.

But you will not know and feel it until after a few years.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by ibisko04: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
This is the reason we remain stagnant as a nation. Upon all policy and money fashions for the good of Nigeria and Nigerians, nothing serious have been achieve.
President buhari must not forget to bring development projects that will begin and completely finished for the betterment of Nigerians within the next two years.
He must also see to it that all corruptions cases are vigorously pursued to conclusion.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by lookingfly: 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
rottennaija:

Then you know not what you are talking about. Buhari is the most organised president I have ever seen within the time I have witness years in this country.

The ministers are in place and are working, it's on a matter of few months and people will start feeling the impact in some ways. Not everything will be normal but in some ways, things I'll start getting better in few months time.

But you will not know and feel it until after a few years.
are you sure you are in Nigeria...... Because the Nigeria am in, the so called president n ministers you are talking about are not working, inactive there is increase in everything.... Increase in fuel price, increase in conversion of naira to dollars, increase in light bill, increase in d number of people losing their jobs. They just said Angola is now ahead of Nigeria in the production of fuel. So where is the work, better own your eyes .
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by rottennaija(m): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
lookingfly:
are you sure you are in Nigeria...... Because the Nigeria am in, the so called president n ministers you are talking about are not working, inactive there is increase in everything.... Increase in fuel price, increase in conversion of naira to dollars, increase in light bill, increase in d number of people losing their jobs. They just said Angola is now ahead of Nigeria in the production of fuel. So where is the work, better own your eyes .
Yes I am and I'm also experiencing it. But I have the hope and I know it will work.
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Objectives: 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
Our leaders are not the problem, we are.

Nigeria is not the problem, Nigerians are.

Until we realize this with all sense of sincerity we are not going anywhere as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
The letter writer was the president of Nigeria in 2012 when the fund's developed wing's and flew away and today, he is still frequenting Aso Villa as the Chief VIP thief of the FRN.

CLOWNS
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by lookingfly: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2015
rottennaija:

Yes I am and I'm also experiencing it. But I have the hope and I know it will work.
http://www.punchng.com/naira-in-free-fall-slides-to-280-against-dollar/ ........These are signs that Buhari and his ministers are working
Re: Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund by rottennaija(m): 10:36am On Dec 18, 2015
lookingfly:

http://www.punchng.com/naira-in-free-fall-slides-to-280-against-dollar/ ........These are signs that Buhari and his ministers are working

That is in the parallel market. The official exchange rate is still 198 or 199.

By the way! What do you think the government should do? Allow the naira to fall even more? I dnt know if you know exactly how we got to this position, but it was your pdp government that flooded the Nigerian system with dollars thereby making the naira useless or are you not aware of it?

So leave it, the government is taking a firm decisive action in other to strengthen the naira and make it have value. Yes, it going to be hard at the moment but with time, it will be better than allowing the naira to devalue even further.

And by the way, if the government is not taking this firm action as being done by the CBN, the next option will be to devalue the naira as the IMF are advocating. But in all honesty, who are those that will benefit if the naira is devalued further? Nigerians? No. Think about that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chief Edwin Clark's 90th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Abuja (Photos) / Anambra Election: Voters Defy IPOB Election Boycott Order, Vote / Repentant Boko Haram Terrorist Surrenders Himself To Soldiers In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.