Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps (38046 Views)

Umahi Gives Innoson Jeeps To Traditional Rulers In Ebonyi. PICS / Senate Buys 108 Jeeps At Twice Price. / Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by onac16: 9:19am On Dec 17, 2015
abitex577:

Festus Keyamo is a Nigerian lawyer, human right activist, social commentator and columnist.

http://pulse.ng/local/buhari-keyamo-speaks-on-legal-implication-of-presidents-gift-of-2-jeeps-id4472000.html
. and an APC spoke man
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by ckmayoca: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2015
Demdem:
“The law did not say which office of d F.G caters for ex-Presidents. But, I know it's illegal for d NSA to pick d bills of a political party,” he said.

Makes sense.

Blind people won't see that statement. If it's a crime for NSA to pay for presidential campaign then I won't if the NSA is the Finance dept to handle the issuing of entitlements.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by LastProphet: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2015
menesheh:
If Buratai's name was Ihejirika & Buhari's name was Jonathan, I sincerely doubt a lot of us would have been in the camps we currently are in

stop expecting to be hated or loved without earning it. people will hardly hate you if you don't earn it either one way or another. this is the thinking causing ibos to fail politically, they expect to be loved without earning it. so at this stage you think Jonathan earned been loved ? really?

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by ihatesycophant(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2015
Iknow PDP will always look for those to drag along in their looting spree. They've forgotten that every ex-president is entitle to cars and security attachee. PDP should come out and tell us of the law does not capture giving ex-president cars. All we need is for them to state the law that allow them to spend security allocation on political activities.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by ihatesycophant(m): 9:51am On Dec 17, 2015
onac16:
. and an APC spoke man
Olodo, it's sokesman and not "spoke man". Well, I am hearing that from you that Festus Keyamo is APC's spokesman. When was he voted for and which congress voted him to be APC mouth piece?
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by zomoears(m): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2015
ewigmee:
Pls I want to know if the law stated that the car should be replaced when damaged, even ifit's not 4yrs or due for replacement. Someone help pls.

You are reasoning with your head, and it's most appreciated.

This question is the bone of contention and should be answered by PMB. He has come to equity, thus he should show us how clean his hands are.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 17, 2015
ihatesycophant:

Olodo, it's sokesman and not "spoke man". Well, I am hearing that from you that Festus Keyamo is APC's spokesman. When was he voted for and which congress voted him to be APC mouth piece?
... That moment when you are tryna correct someone but you are actually the wrong one.. Ewo tunni sokes man bayi?

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by idinye(m): 10:01am On Dec 17, 2015
Fortunato needs to come and clear the air on this mess
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Jesusloveyou: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2015
permsec:
Buhari is a coded yam eater.
ur clueless corrupt hero should be hang and stone to death, for diverting fund meant for arms to purchase buhari entitlement

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by permsec: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2015
[s]
Jesusloveyou:
ur clueless corrupt hero should be hang and stone to death, by diverting fund meant for arms to purchase buhari entitlement
[/s]

You need sound education dude. I wonder if you read the poo u just typed before sending.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by sweetgala(m): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2015
ewigmee:
Pls I want to know if the law stated that the car should be replaced when damaged, even if it's not 4yrs or due for replacement. Someone help pls.

Actually in law stated that he would receive "adequate" security infrastructure, and I'm afraid a damaged armoured vehicle stops being adequate.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Yeske2(m): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2015
Buhari got his entitlement as stipulated by law so why the fuss? If i treat a patient and get paid for my services by same patient, how am i supposed to know if the money i was paid was stolen or not? Have i committed any crime? Thanks Mr Keyamo
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by sweetgala(m): 10:19am On Dec 17, 2015
agabaI23:
"But I know it's illegal for the NSA to pick the bills of a political party"

That is what he should have address first. Mr Ketamo being a legal practitioner who is often employed by the EFCC should not have weighed into this with personal opinion.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by PMONEY6: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2015
PDP no get shame at all. Out of constitutionally approved three cars, he was even given two and yet he didnt complain. EFCC should even probe the remaining one. BTW, Did Buhari said they should use arm deal fund to buy the cars for him? Or was he even told of it? Trust me if PMB had knew it was the said arm deal fund, he wouldn't have collected those cars in the first place. Because he knows that implications were sure.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by sweetgala(m): 10:24am On Dec 17, 2015
sleek82:
Please people should stop refering to SUVs as Jeeps. Jeep is a brand name of a company making SUVs (sport utility vehicles) a land cruiser is NOT a JEEP but an SUV!

Jeep were the first to design what can be specifically described as a Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV), the famous wranglers from WWII brought about the creation of a new sector.

It is not uncommon for people to name a product after it's most popular brand or introductory brand.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by 2n2k(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2015
Tmaritas76:
He is entitled to three cars and was given two why not request for the third one if his conscience told him it was his entitlement he is receiving from the wrong office.end time entitlement,inconclusive gift

He was entitled to 3 vehicles and was given those 3 to last for four years. Before the four years elapsed, he was attacked and 2 of the vehicles were destroyed. The Federal Government that has the responsibility to maintain the cars replaced the two damaged ones. What is difficult to understand there?

If you have three cars in your fleet and two had an accident, do you expect the insurance company to replace even the one not involved in the accident? The FG must have insured those bombed vehicles and it was the FG that would have made the insurance claims not Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by sweetgala(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2015
cyberguy72:
Key am is a senior ekpan he is spewing rubbish, to please his master. It's obvious but is guilty of corruption he is fighting. He shld b investigated by EFCC and charged to court if found guilty. There shld b no cover up pls. Dokpesu even has a stronger defence than d dullard nooo.

Go use your tablets and go back to sleep
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by miqos02(m): 10:27am On Dec 17, 2015
Tolexander:
Thanks Mr Festus Keyamo on that.

The very question we need asking before exonerating Mr President is that, The cars(2 Toyota Land cruiser, armored and unarmored) given to him, were they presented status quo ante ie the way/protocol the entitlements were presented over the years?

Because if there is a legal back up, definitely, there should be a protocol to be followed.
we need to know procedures followed before jonathan era regarding delivery of replacement vehicles to former presidents
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by sweetgala(m): 10:29am On Dec 17, 2015
utytill:
The law says "every four years,the old ones must be return to fg and it should be 3 cars".Now the questions are "was it up to 4 yrs,were the old one returned and why 2 not 3?.

The old one was picked up as scrap, did you not see the thing bombed to bits.

It is so ridiculous how PDP as do desperate to call an honest dog a bad name so as to kill it.
Those are his entitlements, he probably did not expect them to be replaced so soon himself, so when two new cars are delivered after the attack he perceives it as being gifted his entitlements early.

He then went ahead to appropriately declare them when the time came to.

Try harder next time
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by ihatesycophant(m): 10:34am On Dec 17, 2015
isnovic:

How convenient to interpret the Law in PMB favor.
The Law also says the Cars should not come from the office of the ONSA.

Why did accept the 2 cars when it is coming from the ONSA and asked them to revert to the status ante.

Mtchewwwww.
Did you read the news well? Keyamo said, the law did not stipulate the organ of government that can give that entitlement but definitely, he is entitle to three cars every four-four years which is subject to return because those cars are the property of the FG. Please go back and read it again rather than misleading yourself and the gullible like you.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by mfm04622: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2015
ewigmee:
Pls I want to know if the law stated that the car should be replaced when damaged, even if it's not 4yrs or due for replacement. Someone help pls.

Buhari has never been given the cars before! This will be the first time he will be receiving cars that he is entitled to. The ones damaged were bought with his money
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by Jesusloveyou: 10:43am On Dec 17, 2015
permsec:
[s][/s]

You need sound education dude. I wonder if you read the poo u just typed before sending.
u need to be cure of infessimate and infernoratin disease

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by ladenz(m): 10:51am On Dec 17, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u need to be cure of infessimate and infernoratin disease

The good thing that should come out of all these is that those presently in Government will be discouraged from looting. i dont like that Jonathan is being bashed all the time cos i believe he is one of the few Presidents that meant well. But if his inefficiency led to looting then let him feel the heat so others can be warned. Everyone (and I mean Everyone including APC bigwigs) who has been involved in looting should be brought to book. its the only way we can make Nigeria great again
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by isnovic(m): 10:52am On Dec 17, 2015
ihatesycophant:

Did you read the news well? Keyamo said, the law did not stipulate the organ of government that can give that entitlement but definitely, he is entitle to three cars every four-four years which is subject to return because those cars are the property of the FG. Please go back and read it again rather than misleading yourself and the gullible like you.
Gullible indeed.
Where has he been collecting the cars from?
Why didn't he raise objections when it came from the ONSA this time.

What the Bleep is wrong with Nigeria who in glaring bare faced lies wilfully refuse to use their brains.

I understand your problem, to think you were wrong on the choice of PMB?

There is a precedence, if it is broken, you should query the gift and ask them to return same until satisfactory answers are given.

From what you read and what you interpreted, i guess you the opposite to your moniker.

Use your brain, they ain't there for fancy.

Audi, Vide, Tace, si vis vivere in peace.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by meccuno: 11:12am On Dec 17, 2015
menesheh:
If Buratai's name was Ihejirika & Buhari's name was Jonathan, I sincerely doubt a lot of us would have been in the camps we currently are in
the hypocrisy called Nigeria
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by icebergtoby(m): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2015
blazetitov:
This is becoming interesting. At least PMB did not collect cash from ONSA to buy cars. Wailers should stop wailing please.

Yea, did buhari knw wia the money came from. All this question should be directed jonathan and not buhari
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by agabaI23(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2015
agabusta:

The presidency said its a lie. That PMB only received 2 SUVs and no cash. It is now left for the accuser, Dansuki to provide the evidence that indeed he gave him 5 cars and $300k, until he does that it will be foolishness to keep supporting his accusation.

At least the accusation of the FGN against same Dansuki has been tabled before the court, and we even saw some of the evidences of such movements of cash being posted to the social media.

You believe what you want
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by wilhazcar: 11:45am On Dec 17, 2015
Why would anyone listen to Keyamo? He dances to the piper's tune always. For as long as money is flowing from the ruling government he'll be there. Need I remind us that he prosecuted a case on behalf of GEJ govt. (though poorly handled, but was rescued by the judge to get a favourable verdict); and has now turned to Timipre Silva's "saviour" and APC's mouthpiece.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by sunsewa: 11:50am On Dec 17, 2015
abitex577:
A can of worms was open when the names of ‘highly placed’ Nigerians who got a share of the alleged $2.1b arms scandal started flying in the media.
More disturbing was that President Buhari’s name was mentioned as a partaker of the loot.
Though his media team did a good job of debunking the claim that Mr. President collected $300,000, they confirmed he received two jeeps, adding that it was his entitlement and he was even ‘prevailed upon’ to receive the vehicles.
Popular Nigerian lawyer, Festus Keyamo has come out to clear the air on the legal implications of the President receiving the cars.
[/b]Keyamo on his Twitter timeline said “The Law on d entitlements of former Heads of State says they're entitled to 3 cars each to be changed by d FG every 4 years + other benefits.”
Adding that “The cars given to former Heads of State are ppties of d F.G as they must be returned & replaced every 4 yrs. They can't be declared as gifts.”[b]

[/b]“The law did not say which office of d F.G caters for ex-Presidents. But, I know it's illegal for d NSA to pick d bills of a political party,” he said.[b]
Festus Keyamo is a Nigerian lawyer, human right activist, social commentator and columnist.

http://pulse.ng/local/buhari-keyamo-speaks-on-legal-implication-of-presidents-gift-of-2-jeeps-id4472000.html

Biased judgement.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by omolami: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
Kayemo should have listen to himself arguing blindly. The man that gave money and SUV to Buhari mentioned it so just like he mentioned that of others . Someone semi literate trying hard to twist issue. No wonder he is yet to get appointment from Buhari. Mumu lawyer.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by cuteboy2: 12:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
agabusta:

Of course it is very wrong for Dansuki to take money meant for arms to provide legal entitlements to former heads of state. It is called misappropriation and Dansuki should also be tried for that alongside his other sins.

Misappropriation is a serious corruption case.

Absolutely. I am not absolving Dasuki. He is going through his investigation which hopefully should result in a trial.

I am looking at the emerging issue that a sitting President also benefited from the arms money bazaar, and that our President needs to come clean to preserve the integrity of that office. Period.
Re: Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps by nortcentrallord(m): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
kolnel:
Definitely ex presidents are entitled to three cars every four years
Buhari only got part of his entitlements
Tho I think this dasuki case should be rounded up on time, I'm tired of newspapers trials

Hehehehehe, I thought he was supposed to return the old one before getting the new one. Hehehehe, I didn't hear him or his media aid or you speak about that. Hahahahahahhhahahaha. Oil has a was of staining all fingers when it touches just one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari / Oshiomhole And Peter Obi Exchange Greetings In Court (Photo) / Ogbaru Anambra Drags Julius Berger To Court Over 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.