Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others (18891 Views)

Peter Odili & Others Reject Democracy Heroes Awards / Burial Of Josiah Minakam: Patience Jonathan, Wike, Peter Odili & Others Attend / EFCC Moves Against Diezani’s Associates, Seizes Cars, Cash, Jewellery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Excuzeme: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2015
Terry68:

when you say lets kill corruption, i begin to wonder what you mean for the remaining 3 years left.

since this government came into power, its been corruption news all over with insignificant development. are we going to be fighting corruption throughout the stay of power?

if I consider your statement, then the future will be missing.

As if fighting corruption would solve the fact that firms are closing down each day? the dwindling economy, depreciation in naira value, abi the hike in fuel or the bad roads romancing our cars, or probably leaving the unemployed unattended.

I am sure this government is in the middle of a planned distraction,host by the host.

I just pray let our living don't be useless

[b]If only you knew that Nigeria is richer than Dubai, richer than United Kingdom and many countries that Nigerians troop to, to find succour,you wil ask yourself what this is so?

How is that the Son of the Farmer goes hungry? The Son of the Cloth merchant walks around nak.ed?
"In the midst of water, they say, the fool is thirsty"!

The reason is CORRUPTION!

All the "problems" you listed up there, have their root is CORRUPTION

No matter what effort the President or anyone puts in place to improve the economy, No matter the number of world bank Economists we hire, No matter the number of "Foreign Investment initiatives" we put in place, No matter the number of increase in "Minimum Wage" we undertake, ....
..... If we dont take down Corruption or reduce it to a manageable level, we are like using a Basket to fetch Water! ALL IN VAIN!

You can see this since 1999! Despite al the good intentions, the economy keeps getting worse.
Buhari knows this ...and a lot of "wise Nigerians" know this!

That is why, they voted for a 73yr old man, whom they believe is "able and ready" to fight corruption to the "last man standing".
I tell you today, If and when Corruption is "tamed"..... all other things will not only follow, Governance will be very easy.

If Buhari spends the NEXT THREE YEARS DEFEATING CORRUPTION and putting systems/mechanisms in place to check and defeat corruption, he would have fulfilled his mandate to the Nigerian electorate who voted for him simply because of that alone!

1.) But even at that, Nigeria's income from oil has dwindled by about 65%, for a mono-culture economy like ours.
2.) Nigeria's Foreign Reserve has been looted dry (This we all know) by the last administration and their gang of thieves (Dasuki et al)
3.) Nigeria has accumulated very huge debt in the last six years so much so that our rating has fallen drastically.

If you put those three factors together, what you get is a currency that is so weak, it is just slightly above the Zimbabwean Dollars! grin grin

It will take time to get it back on track .... but it will NEVER get back on track, if the looting is allowed to continue unabated, it will only get worse!
So relax and stop fuming!

*Ministers are in place and working already.
*Agriculture is being boosted
*Electricity is being boosted
*Manufacturing is receiving a boost
*Road infrastructure and Housing is about to star-off
*With time, we will al feel the effect.

"After the Storm, comes bright sunshine"! It will be painful in the short-run but those who survive the "storm" will enjoy the sunshine. Whether people like you, with your "blame-blame mentality" can survive the 'storm' is a different story! undecided

Patience, my friend, is a virtue...... well, we have no choice anyway[/b]. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2015
HowAreYou:

Amen..Merry Xmas and Happy New year In advance
Thanks...same to you
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Jacko1970: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2015
robosky02:
ABUJA—The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, is set to reopen the trial of high profile politicians whose corruption cases had either been delayed or put in abeyance as a result of court injunctions.

A top management officer of the EFCC told Vanguard, yesterday, that the commission under the leadership of acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu, was bent on reopening all the corruption cases involving top politicians, who were shielded by the court through perpetual injunctions that had temporarily tied the hands of the commission from prosecuting them.

Odili
Top on the list of those whose cases are to be reopened, is former Rivers State Governor, Dr. Peter Odili, who secured a perpetual injunction from a Federal judge barring the EFCC from investigating his eight-year tenure over alleged graft.

Justice Ibrahim Buba had granted a perpetual injunction restraining the EFCC from probing graft allegations its operatives levelled against the former governor.

The commission, however, filed an appeal against the ruling, which was described as strange by legal pundits. But the appeal has not made progress since it was instituted over four years ago.

However, the top EFCC operative vowed in an interview with Vanguard that all stumbling blocks to reopening the cases and similar ones would be removed by the Magu administration at EFCC with a view to bringing the former governor to book.

The top operative said that the new Criminal Justice Administration Act of 2015 has removed the stumbling blocks to prosecuting those who looted the nation’s treasury.

The senior management official of the commission said: “Let it be made clear that the EFCC will go after all cases that are deserving of investigation. There is nothing like perpetual injunctions anymore in our criminal administration justice code.

“We have a duty to investigate all cases since we are empowered by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to investigate all such corruption-related cases and that is what we are asked to do.

“We are empowered by Section 15 of the new Criminal Justice Administration Act to investigate all cases irrespective of injunctions. We cannot be stopped,” the official said.

The source confirmed that top officials in the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, who abused their office by fritting away huge national cash and assets would be summoned to clear the air on why they breached public trust.

Among those slated for questioning are former Minister of Finance & Coordinating Minister of the Economy in the last Administration, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and some former officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, who handled the disbursement of funds to the Office of the National Security Adviser, ONSA.

Asked when the officials would be summoned, the official said no date had yet been fixed, adding, “I will find out and get back to you.”

In the meantime, the EFCC Chairman, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, has established a Procurement Fraud Unit, PFU, to strengthen the fight against corruption in the country.

The Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said in a statement to Vanguard, last night, that Magu made the disclosure in Abuja yesterday during a meeting with leaders of a coalition of civil society organisations.

Uwujaren said that Magu expressed concern over the increasing rate of procurement fraud and told his guests that the PFU would contribute immensely to the anti-corruption battle when it became operational.

“I am so concerned about procurement fraud. I am thinking of establishing a unit dedicated to procurement fraud. When put in place, it will go a long way in checking corruption,” Magu said.

cc: lalasticlala
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/corruption-efcc-moves-against-odili-others/
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]what about the Lagos jagaban? Abi him no corrupt too??
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Excuzeme: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2015
HowAreYou:

Sir...I'll always Love you to be Like this

Let's call a spade a spade

There is nothing we go gain in defending those Politicians.

More elbow to your grace Sir!

His interest is not really odilli ...but Amaechi! grin grin

He would throw even Jonathan under the Bus ..... just to see if he can catch Amaechi! shocked shocked

But something tells me that Amaechi is beyond their reach...... unless providence wants to deal him a fatal blow. grin

Anyway, its not beyond "Baracanista" to format his brain , "receive sense", and revert back to what he was, before im chop out of Dasuki largesse! undecided grin
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Reference(m): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2015
robosky02:
ABUJA—The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, is set to reopen the trial of high profile politicians whose corruption cases had either been delayed or put in abeyance as a result of court injunctions.

A top management officer of the EFCC told Vanguard, yesterday, that the commission under the leadership of acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu, was bent on reopening all the corruption cases involving top politicians, who were shielded by the court through perpetual injunctions that had temporarily tied the hands of the commission from prosecuting them.

Odili
Top on the list of those whose cases are to be reopened, is former Rivers State Governor, Dr. Peter Odili, who secured a perpetual injunction from a Federal judge barring the EFCC from investigating his eight-year tenure over alleged graft.

Justice Ibrahim Buba had granted a perpetual injunction restraining the EFCC from probing graft allegations its operatives levelled against the former governor.

The commission, however, filed an appeal against the ruling, which was described as strange by legal pundits. But the appeal has not made progress since it was instituted over four years ago.

However, the top EFCC operative vowed in an interview with Vanguard that all stumbling blocks to reopening the cases and similar ones would be removed by the Magu administration at EFCC with a view to bringing the former governor to book.

The top operative said that the new Criminal Justice Administration Act of 2015 has removed the stumbling blocks to prosecuting those who looted the nation’s treasury.

The senior management official of the commission said: “Let it be made clear that the EFCC will go after all cases that are deserving of investigation. There is nothing like perpetual injunctions anymore in our criminal administration justice code.

“We have a duty to investigate all cases since we are empowered by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to investigate all such corruption-related cases and that is what we are asked to do.

“We are empowered by Section 15 of the new Criminal Justice Administration Act to investigate all cases irrespective of injunctions. We cannot be stopped,” the official said.

The source confirmed that top officials in the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, who abused their office by fritting away huge national cash and assets would be summoned to clear the air on why they breached public trust.

Among those slated for questioning are former Minister of Finance & Coordinating Minister of the Economy in the last Administration, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and some former officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, who handled the disbursement of funds to the Office of the National Security Adviser, ONSA.

Asked when the officials would be summoned, the official said no date had yet been fixed, adding, “I will find out and get back to you.”

In the meantime, the EFCC Chairman, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, has established a Procurement Fraud Unit, PFU, to strengthen the fight against corruption in the country.

The Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said in a statement to Vanguard, last night, that Magu made the disclosure in Abuja yesterday during a meeting with leaders of a coalition of civil society organisations.

Uwujaren said that Magu expressed concern over the increasing rate of procurement fraud and told his guests that the PFU would contribute immensely to the anti-corruption battle when it became operational.

“I am so concerned about procurement fraud. I am thinking of establishing a unit dedicated to procurement fraud. When put in place, it will go a long way in checking corruption,” Magu said.

Thought they were restricting to the Jonathan era. Odilli was 1999 to 2007, same corruption version Obasanjo operated....that Buhari has no anti-virus for.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by HowAreYou(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2015
Excuzeme:

He would throw even Jonathan under the Bus ..... just to see if he can catch Amaechi! shocked shocked

But something tells me that Amaechi is beyond their reach...... unless providence wants to deal him a fatal blow. grin

Anyway, its not beyond "Baracanista" to format his brain , "receive sense", and revert back to what he was, before im chop out of Dasuki largesse! undecided grin
cheesy
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Greenbullet(m): 9:56am On Dec 17, 2015
Terry68:

when you say lets kill corruption, i begin to wonder what you mean for the remaining 3 years left.

since this government came into power, its been corruption news all over with insignificant development. are we going to be fighting corruption throughout the stay of power?

As if fighting corruption would solve the fact that firms are closing down each day? the dwindling economy, depreciation in naira value, abi the hike in fuel or the bad roads romancing our cars, or probably leaving the unemployed unattended.

I am sure this government is in the middle of a planned distraction,host by the host.

can you fetch water in a leaking bucket ? that is how corruption is to Nigeria ,you must first mend the bucket for it to fetch water .so corruption must be eradicated for Nigeria to progress.#lobatan.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by criminalmindz: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2015
All this is to force odili's wife a judge at the supreme court to give rivers eelaction to apc
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Ephemmm: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2015
jaylister:
APC probing only PDP is that how to fight corruption? more criminals hidding under APC broom cus they dont have umbrella. if the likes of Ameachi, Rochas, Fashola, atiku, obj, are left out then obviously bubu is not dif from gej

Please with SSS, ICPC, Police, NA etc within his disposal, what hindered GEJ to probe all these afore-mentioned thieves? Please be assured that I am not here to defend anybody, but a journey of 10,000 miles starts with a step.

Therefore, we must start from somewhere as Rome was not built in a day. As God liveth, the hidden secrets of those APC will soon come out too.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by agitator: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2015
hmmmmmmmmm, Transport minister amaechi be careful oh. wink wink wink
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by kayjasper(f): 9:59am On Dec 17, 2015
Terry68:

[s]when you say lets kill corruption, i begin to wonder what you mean for the remaining 3 years left.

I just pray let our living don't be useless[/s]

Your Summation makes u come across as an Illiterate.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Excuzeme: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2015
excellentmomma:
Please when will they invite Bankole, and his partners in crime?, this Dasuki's is a child's play to Bankole's loot. How about Farouk and Otedola's case, the pension fund etc. We are watching, I hope some people are not sacred cows or have bought Efcc perpetually? tongue

No one should bite more than they can chew, at a single time!

When you want to "sort things out", you start from the easiest .....or those on-top!

Just keep a Diary of those people, their time will come very soon.
We cant over-stretch the EFCC since they have a limited number of staff and resources.

Let me also add: Logically, have you seen a warrior take on ALL HIS ENEMIES, at the same time?

You keep your "thieving friends" while fighting your "enemies" .... less you are forced to fight EVERYBODY and LOSE! undecided undecided kiss

Time to fight your "friends" will come later, when you have defeated your enemies.

Its just common sense and strategy
undecided

Chillax and have a cup of tea while watching in 3D grin
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2015
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by AnanseK(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2015
Terry68:

If the government makes a significant sustainable progress against corruption at the end of the 4 years and nothing else, I will hail the government and vote for them again in 2019. For Nigeria , fighting corruption is where progress begins. With corruption at the level it was in The PDP government there would never be progress or sanity in governance in Nigeria. And the development you are talking about would be a mirage.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by AnanseK(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2015
Greenbullet:
can you fetch water in a leaking bucket ? that is how corruption is to Nigeria ,you must first mend the bucket for it to fetch water .so corruption must be eradicated for Nigeria to progress.#lobatan.

True my brother.

Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by docadams: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2015
Excuzeme:

Hmmmmmmm

Jeez!!! I was almost fooled.
However, all corrupt persons must account for their deeds.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by agitator: 10:17am On Dec 17, 2015
robosky02:

Odili

Is it not the same man that made this statement in a recent judgement? Buba said the court had the duty to send a strong signal to Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike that the country had laws and the laws were enforceable.
“It is not right for either Nigerians or foreign nationals to deny this country its God-given natural resources through illegal means. Accordingly, this court hereby sentenced each convict to five years term of imprisonment on count one with effect from March 27, 2015 with an option of N5m fine,” the judge held.
He also sentenced them to five years each on counts two, three and four or a fine of N5m on each count.

He said:
“All the sentences are to run concurrently, but not the option of fine. In addition, the vessel, MT Asteris, and the cargo on board are forfeited to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
“For purposes of clarity, each convict is to serve five years term of imprisonment with effect from 27 of March, 2015, or pay fines of N20m for all the four counts.”
The foreigners who were convicted and jailed are Axel Jabone, Zahirul Islam, Juanito Infantado, Suarin Alave and Gatila Gadayan.

https://www.nairaland.com/2804630/lagos-court-convicts-9-foreign

make them continue dey deceive themselves, I'm not deceived. wink wink wink
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This is a welcome development. Odili lootery is legendary and only surpassed by Amaechi. Probing Odili will definitely nail Amaechi as he was Odili's looter-in-crime

Tell them. Dem no know. Even OBJ go follow join.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2015
jomoh:

How many times have you seen Buhari personally arrest anyone.

You should be able to pick out that there will always be media frenzy surrounding cases of corruption all over the world. When Martha Stewart was being tried for tax evasion, even CNN dedicated sometime to follow the story. When the corruption cases at FIFA broke out and even FIFA president and UEFA president were suspended did it stop UEFA from having the CL or UEFA league? Did it stop FIFA from hosting the under 17 world cup?

From your analysis it show you just joined the band wagon of the illiterate that keep shouting that the government was focusing too much on corruption.

Whereas you and your co-travellers on that visionless bus forgot the first few weeks that PMB travelled to neighbouring countries. Precisely Niger, Chad, Cameroun, Benin. Was that also for corruption.

Was his trip to the US for corruption?
Was his trip to india on trade relations for corruption?
Was his trip to the China-Africa trade summit also for corruption.
Was Ibe kachikwu, Kemi Adeosun and the rest appointed as Minister for corruption.

Oh I forgot you were also part of the train crying that he travels too much. The problem you people have it the same thing with PDP that you support. You fail to realise the extent of damage that has been done to the economy yet you want a miracle worker.

Wike recently praised Amaechi and FG for continuing the Rail project in rivers state is that corruption case.

Learn to have a mind of your own and not follow the band wagon. The present Administration is still following the killer blueprint/budget of the previous administration that had price of crude at $65 even when the price was $45 and still going down. Not until 2016 will they implement their own blueprint/budget Or do you expect them to throw out the previous budget?

When he went to commission the 25billion Agric loan in kebbi state where were you? Oh I forgot you were busy protesting the release of a terrorist.

You're harsh. Remember that no one has the monopoly of knowledge, I guess he has learnt from ur concise analysis of the situation of things in this country currently esp the fact that the are working on last administration's budget.

I got some important info from u too grin
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by ybalogs(m): 10:33am On Dec 17, 2015
Odili must enter kirikiri by God's grace. The man nah ole confirmed
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by jomoh: 10:47am On Dec 17, 2015
amunkita03:

You're harsh. Remember that no one has the monopoly of knowledge, I guess he has learnt from ur concise analysis of the situation of things in this country currently esp the fact that the are working on last administration's budget.

I got some important info from u too grin

Am sorry if I sound harsh but the fact is that most people see and know these things but they've allowed politics of tribalism, hatred and religions sentiments to becloud their judgement from seeing the true enemy.

APC are not saints but labelling them total evil as against PDP in spite of all the glaring evidences flying around is what really pains me.
PMB is no miracle worker. If I need one I will vote for TB Joshua. He is no magician. If I need a magician I will look for David Copperfield.

Am glad that you're able to pick something from it but don't be surprised if some people still choose to ignore it and pursue their hate agenda.

I remember almost everybody was in total support of GEJ after the 2011 election until 1st januray 2012 when he gave us a national present shock by increasing the price of petrol. In spite of the fact that he has being their presenting budget for close to 2years after Yar'adua's death.

PMB is yet to even present his own budget yet these people are shouting and the most annoying thing is that they're not logical in their criticism.

Once again am sorry if I sounded harsh. It just that I have zero tolerance for bullsh!t.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Ijaya123: 10:47am On Dec 17, 2015
onac16:
nice move, but what baffles me is the fact that no APC member have been arrested, invited or visited by EFCC. it's like no matter how corrupt you are if you join APC, old things have passed away and all things have become new. including your loot

Don't be so quick to conclude. APC as a party is just about 2 years old unlike PDP which has been in existence for almost 2 decades. Needless for me to remind you that it is the folks in PDP that have their hands in the cookie jar for so long.

So it is only appropriate to focus more on those guys who looted this country blind.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by juszoe82: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2015
But i cannot see Tinubu,OBJ and others name there,Any corruption list without Tinubu on it is witch hunt.Get them all if you are serious mr presido.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by sinistermind(m): 11:04am On Dec 17, 2015
Well, it is now very evident that is a clear witch-hunting. Why trying to start investigating Peter Odili's Tenure as governor? If that's that's the case, Tinubu, Obasanjo or oda people sinc 1999 should be investigated.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by advocates: 11:13am On Dec 17, 2015
jomoh:

You should be able to pick out that there will always be media frenzy surrounding cases of corruption all over the world. When Martha Stewart was being tried for tax evasion, even CNN dedicated sometime to follow the story. When the corruption cases at FIFA broke out and even FIFA president and UEFA president were suspended did it stop UEFA from having the CL or UEFA league? Did it stop FIFA from hosting the under 17 world cup?

From your analysis it show you just joined the band wagon of the illiterate that keep shouting that the government was focusing too much on corruption.

Whereas you and your co-travellers on that visionless bus forgot the first few weeks that PMB travelled to neighbouring countries. Precisely Niger, Chad, Cameroun, Benin. Was that also for corruption.

Was Ibe kachikwu, Kemi Adeosun and the rest appointed as Minister for corruption.

Oh I forgot you were also part of the train crying that he travels too much. The problem you people have it the same thing with PDP that you support. You fail to realise the extent of damage that has been done to the economy yet you want a miracle worker.

Wike recently praised Amaechi and FG for continuing the Rail project in rivers state is that corruption case.

Learn to have a mind of your own and not follow the band wagon. The present Administration is still following the killer blueprint/budget of the previous administration that had price of crude at $65 even when the price was $45 and still going down. Not until 2016 will they implement their own blueprint/budget Or do you expect them to throw out the previous budget?

When he went to commission the 25billion Agric loan in kebbi state where were you? Oh I forgot you were busy protesting the release of a terrorist.
Bros jomoh, with these punch line of thoughts you reeled out, I have officially decided never to join issues with these agents of darkness anymore.

I mean, what more can be added to your submission. It absolutely captured the entire nemesis brought upon us by the previous govt and rescued mission currently embarked on by the present govt.

Sometimes it pains me that those who made such malicious statements are supposed youths and 'leaders' of tomorrow, but my consolation is that, rational minds like you and many others are at hand to orientate these illiterates short in vision and consumed in ethnicity.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by jomoh: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2015
advocates:
Bros jomoh, with these punch line of thoughts you reeled out, I have officially decided never to join issues with these agents of darkness anymore.

I mean, what more can be added to your submission. It absolutely captured the entire nemesis brought upon us by the previous govt and rescued mission currently embarked on by the present govt.

Sometimes it pains me that those who made such malicious statements are supposed youths and 'leaders' of tomorrow, but my consolation is that, rational minds like you and many others are at hand to orientate these illiterates short in vision and consumed in ethnicity.

I hardly do except time like this that they get me annoyed with their illogical criticism.

I have a friend whom we went to the same secondary and higher institution together even the same department who also defends the malpractice of the previous administration but I try as much as possible to restrain myself from insulting him.

I just wonder what people like them will teach their kids.

Those people has seriously bastardise/corrupted our common sense except for few of us. Its now on the few of us to enlighten them once in a while.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by sunsewa: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2015
lssorite when u invite Odili and also Tinubu,including Atiku in reopening of old case, do it,then we know efcc is serious now.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by kayla12(f): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2015
1. Why is Buhari and his gang after just a particular set of people?
2. Does he want to turn the nation into a one party state?
3. When is he going to probe Tinubu with all the atrocities he has committed in Lagos state.
4. Why is he using his office to attacked his political opponents yet Nigerians hypocritically keeps suffering and smiling.

so far this few months has been the worst so far, most companies can not pay their workers for months which has never happened.

At times I want to believe the APC led administration is using delay tactics till the tail end of 2018, before they will start anything meaningful so as to secure the 2nd tenure.

I don't want to believe all this is a witch hurt but from every indication, it seems to be.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by advocates: 11:54am On Dec 17, 2015
jomoh:

I hardly do except time like this that they get me annoyed with their illogical criticism.

I have a friend whom we went to the same secondary and higher institution together even the same department who also defends the malpractice of the previous administration but I try as much as possible to restrain myself from insulting him.

I just wonder what people like them will teach their kids.

Those people has seriously bastardise/corrupted our common sense except for few of us. Its now on the few of us to enlighten them once in a while.
Absolutely. My concern basically lies in the damage their falsehood or the shameful display their clanishness is doing in the psych of average Nigerians simple in understanding.

To every discerning mind, the genesis of our perennial problems is as clear as day light, and we can attest to the fact, despite all these, the well intended purpose of this present day govt to address is not misplaced, which I believe everyone should understand and appreciate.
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by Judnna: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
jomoh:
Very good move. Let's kill corruption totally not a bloody nose again.

But I'm bothered about the safety of Magu and eventually the long term existence and efficiency of the commission. The institute should build a very strict internal system that will expose anyone conniving with corrupt official. Also the should be legislations that will make the commission to be autonomous.
If it is done without witch-hunting / be selective, he will last!
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by excellentmomma(f): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Excuzeme:

No one should bite more than they can chew, at a single time!

When you want to "sort things out", you start from the easiest .....or those on-top!

Just keep a Diary of those people, their time will come very soon.
We cant over-stretch the EFCC since they have a limited number of staff and resources.

Let me also add: Logically, have you seen a warrior take on ALL HIS ENEMIES, at the same time?

You keep your "thieving friends" while fighting your "enemies" .... less you are forced to fight EVERYBODY and LOSE! undecided undecided kiss

Time to fight your "friends" will come later, when you have defeated your enemies.

Its just common sense and strategy
undecided

Chillax and have a cup of tea while watching in 3D grin

Ok o, I'm watching
Re: Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Odili, Others by spinoff: 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
jomoh:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impeachment: Agboola Ajayi To Sue Ondo Assembly, Police, DSS, Chief Judge / Youths Will Get 40 Percent Cabinet Appointments In My Govt – Atiku / Yinka Odumakin: Nigeria Lost Towering Patriot – Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.