Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) (19003 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo / NAF Signs MOU With USA For The Production Of Multi-Role Utility Aircraft (Pics) / Amaechi Signs MOU With China For Lagos-Ibadan, Calabar-Port Harcourt Rail Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by henryanna36: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2016
Sept 4

NAF SIGNS MoU WITH PORTUGAL ON LOCAL PRODUCTION OF UAV

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the UAVision of Portugal. The MoU is aimed at enhancing existing collaboration between NAF and UAVision of Portugal for local production of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) in Nigeria. It is pertinent to note that the discussion that led to the signing of today’s agreement actually began few months ago. Already, the collaboration had led to production of 4 UAVs prototypes with 2 each produced in Nigeria and Portugal.
Meanwhile, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Mshl Sadique Abubakar has expressed the optimism that the locally produced UAVs would be commissioned before the end of October 2016. The CAS, further in his speech, identified other areas of possible collaboration with Portugal to include tactical flying training for NAF pilot and aircraft maintenance, stating that the essence of the collaboration is to exploit every areas of Portuguese technological development with a view to taking the NAF to the next level.
Prominent among the Portuguese delegation are Portuguese Ambassador to Nigeria, His Excellency Antonio Pedro Rodrigues da Silva and the representative of UAVision, Engr Nuno Simeon.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/naf-signs-mou-with-portugal-on-local.html

1 Like

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by CoolFreeday(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2016
Nice one. Hope we will learn and carry-on from where they will stop. It shouldn't be about training pilots and aircraft maintenance alone, let them include Proper local manufacturing and assembling of those things too, because they were not mentioned in the report.

Nice one!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by nuradeen011(m): 8:51am On Oct 05, 2016
NAF is my first choice career kudos to them
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by salabscholar01(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2016
ok
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by smartguyonline(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2016
End Time Post

1 Like

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by Pavore9: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2016
A good development.
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by palladin: 11:50am On Oct 05, 2016
Good one
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by menix(m): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2016
Hahaha..
hope this wont be another children helicopter...

Why not partner with countries whose life depend on keeping an eye over others activities e.g Israel nd get the best of best...

Even the man producing for America is a nigerian man...

Well i wish them luck..

2 Likes

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by introvertme: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2016
Change begins with you and me
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2016
Nice cool
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by chijioke17(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2016
that marshal doesn't look Nigerian though,besides what happened to all the private individuals that we've read about testing their drones in photo and the likes, don't they need this partnership more, we rejoice in signing with foreigners and not out own

2 Likes

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by Cornerstone001: 11:57am On Oct 05, 2016
At least, this is a good one

Thank you Lawd sad sad
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by ijebuloaded(m): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2016
I believe some people still won't understand why bubu is still traveling all over the world
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by tdayof(m): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2016
menix:
Hahaha..
hope this wont be another children helicopter...

Why not partner with countries whose life depend on keeping an eye over others activities e.g Israel nd get the best of best...

Even the man producing for America is a nigerian man...

Well i wish them luck..

American drones are not produced by a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by menix(m): 11:59am On Oct 05, 2016
tdayof:

American drones are not produced by a Nigerian.

Please get informed...
http://africanspotlight.com/2016/03/04/meet-the-nigerian-man-who-builds-drones-for-u-s-army-photos/

or google his name "Dr. Osatohanmwen Osemwengie"

2 Likes

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by Litmus: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
So what happened to the Chinese ? Why are we not in partnership with some of their UAV manufactures or buying some of their top UAV, which the Chinese are very willing to sell us ? Are we being threatened by the Americans?
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by koxi: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
OK...?
Aerial vehicle, someone please enlighten me...
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by DozieInc(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2016
good for them.
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by kaylex1994(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nice one NAF

3 Likes

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by menix(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2016
koxi:
OK...?
Aerial vehicle, someone please enlighten me...

That is those rotating antenna you put outside ur home to pick stations like DBN, Clapperboard, OGtv etc..
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by mondob2k(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
I was expecting to see pics of the Aerial Vehicles..

Make d vehicles no go dey get accident for air o. na pple head go dey suffer.

Imagine person wey dey stroll for street go dey wear crash helmet..

It's alright sha.

1 Like

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by tdayof(m): 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
menix:

Please get informed...
http://africanspotlight.com/2016/03/04/meet-the-nigerian-man-who-builds-drones-for-u-s-army-photos/

He didn't make the drones. He's a robotic engineer.

USAF/USARMY use UAV/UCAVs
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by Izonpikin: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
when we go get 24 hours light?...we never creep/walk we wan fly... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by passyhansome(m): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
menix:

Please get informed...

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by PaulIdu: 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2016
menix:

Please get informed...

We need help in this country ..so you belive that one man builds and designs drones for the Us grin
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by menix(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
PaulIdu:

We need help in this country ..so you belive that one man builds and designs drones for the Us grin

So in essence, what re u saying
If ur comprehension skill is ok, kindly show me where i said he is the only one involved..
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by obaival(m): 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nigeria alws lukin 4 help in evry country can't they help dem sef mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by drnoel: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2016
CoolFreeday:
Nice one. Hope we will learn and carry-on from where they will stop. It shouldn't be about training pilots and aircraft maintenance alone, let them include Proper local manufacturing and assembling of those things too, because they were not mentioned in the report.

Nice one!

What is good in this information. SMH.
Nigeria wants to sign MOU it is with Portugal which Nigeria is better than. God forbid bad thing, this our African thinking that the whiteman is better than us is the reason most African countries will never progress.
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by PaulIdu: 12:48pm On Oct 05, 2016
menix:

So in essence, what re u saying
If ur comprehension skill is ok, kindly show me where i said he is the only one involved..

You almost insinuated that bro . Sha when I was talking of drone I was referring to drones the grade of the predator and not hobbyist quadcopter
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2016
drnoel:

What is good in this information. SMH.
Nigeria wants to sign MOU it is with Portugal which Nigeria is better than. God forbid bad thing, this our African thinking that the whiteman is better than us is the reason most African countries will never progress.

Seriously ? Nigeria is better than Portugal ? Lol
I find your level of bimbo irritating !
Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by drnoel: 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
abiodunalasa:

Seriously ? Nigeria is better than Portugal ? Lol
I find your level of bimbo irritating !

Ignorance is a disease my friend. Before the recession even the GDP for lagos was above that of portugal. Portugal is on the brink of recession and should have gone under years ago if not for the EU.
Guy my advice to peeps like u who don't look beyond certain statements is "pele, e go beta. Ur ignorance may be a disease but thats why u got us.tp show u the light". U can thank me later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) by zurine(f): 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foul Stench Of Buhari: Tinubu Must Fire Betta Edu - Kperogi / Pictures Of The Flood In Udaba-Ephei, Edo State / Your Favourite Nelson Mandela Quote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.