Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics (18705 Views)

Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad / Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / CBN Halts Branch Operations By Bureaux De Change #Emefieleconomics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by ikorodureporta: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Atmmachine:
I want $1 to be 400 naira.

27*400=?? Mtcheew!
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by appini: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
By February next year the naira
will be as useless as the Zimbabwean currency

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
I wont be affected.. I have a Dollar Visa Debit Card grin

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by unmask: 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
porchester:
This is serious limiting the amount you can spend out of your personal money. Money you have worked for from January to December. Oga oooo. It is well
the money you worked for, was ot paid in naira or dollars
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
Atmmachine:
hw old are u?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by ZUBY77(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
I have not been able to withdraw more than 100$/day (at once) through Bank of China since November.
We shall get through this someday.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by stephozien: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Chai! PMB is a curse on Nigeria. It's has never been this bad.. ooO. No policy directions for economy, massive unemployment, insecurity, fragrant disregard to judicial order, propose gag of media bill, naira depreciation, increase electricity tarrif, fuel scarcity,etc. Those who foisted this illiterate, confused & dumb DAURA man on Nigerians e no go beta for them.

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by AZeD1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
There are two sides to a coin and the optimistic side of this is rather that spend the scarce dollars Nigerians will start patronising "made in Nigeria" goods

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Atmmachine:

Old enough to fucck your mum
u'ar a confirm idi*t! Olodo.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Atmmachine:

Old enough to fucck your mum
u'ar a confirm idi*t! Olodo...
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Atmmachine(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
stardragon:

u'ar a confirm idi*t! Olodo...

Blame your mother for me being an olodo.
The smell from her pusssy blocked my brain.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Reference(m): 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
ojun50:
Pls they should find solution to this oh my company is think of?

What you should find a solution to is your mid-morning cocktails. Not good for the company.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by suyamasta(m): 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
Around august they said they had too much and they rejected dollar deposits now they are complaining of scarcity. I don confuse walaaiiii

4 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by suyamasta(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
Abeg o which kain games cbn and banks d play like dis

THISDAY gathered from a reliable source that
commercial banks that presently have dollars in
excess of $1 billion in their vaults have started
taking desperate measures to mitigate currency
risk.
In fact, the source, a bureau de change (BDC)
operator, disclosed that banks have stopped
accepting dollars because they have too much
cash in their vaults.
According to the source, as a result of the
development, banks have been rejecting dollar
deposits into domiciliary accounts, but customers
are allowed to withdraw cash from their
accounts.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Reference(m): 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
[quote authora tgjbgjg.b=Psalm18 post=41aj.j,gjact 088653]Small scale businesses are falling.
On the economy, I'll rate Buhari an 'E'.
The world has evolved from the military regime.
Ultimately a government will be judged and returned by the electorate in a free and fair elections on how well the economy is faring.
The war against corruption is good and noble but it can go side by side with sound financial decisions.

Very soon, people will be worn out of hearing we are recovering monies from the last government if their economic needs are not met.
A warning for the wise.[/quote]

Warning. You guys are too slow to the table. I thought anti-corruption was the be all end all of government. Much so that when ye seek first the kingdom of righteousness all other things shall be added unto Nigeria. Anyway as the holy book says. Have faith.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by asha80(m): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
AZeD1:
There are two sides to a coin and the optimistic side of this is rather that spend the scarce dollars Nigerians will start patronising "made in Nigeria" goods
well all those aba and nnewi made people dey look down on Una go now buy am by force

5 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by EDUECO(m): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
tempex88:
What is the CBN's aim with all this restriction, I guess its for more patronage of made in Nigeria.
You're damn right!
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by emonkey(m): 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

lipsrsealed
Yes na , the guy na expatriate grin grin grin
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
Atmmachine:

Blame your mother for me being an olodo.
The smell from her pusssy blocked my brain.
u dont have a mother, and if she is still alive she's definitely useless for not training you proper!

KID DONT QOUTE ME AGAIN...

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Atmmachine(m): 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
stardragon:

u dont have a mother, and if she is still alife she's definitely useless for not training proper!

KID DONT QOUTE ME AGAIN...

Small rat.
If i slap you now them go say i wicked.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by pyx: 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
This is a serious error, I left Nigeria with just $200 to avoid travelling will cash on getting to bank of America. I was surprised when I requested for just $500 withdrawal. It declined payment until I changed it to $100.
I called my bank in Nigeria,only to be informed that $100 is the maximum withdrawal limit and $1000 is the monthly withdrawal limit.
This is error 101

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by commytosy(f): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
cheesy I understand, but hope I can still buy cars in cotonou?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by 7lives: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
Reference:

Warning. You guys are too slow to the table. I thought anti-corruption was the be all end all of government. Much so that when ye seek first the kingdom of righteousness all other things shall be added unto Nigeria. Anyway as the holy book says. Have faith.

I support every policy that will stop Naira from becoming toilet rolls, our leaders mad crave for foreign luxury is the reason for the state of Naira.
Norway is expected to make a net withdrawal from its sovereign wealth fund this year for the first time since the SWF was set up, to help pay for tax cuts designed to stimulate the economy. Its $830 billion fund is the world's largest, holding about 1.3 percent of global stocks.
People like us are called fools and illiterates whenever we tell Nigerians to vote for credible leaders imagine this nonsense, as far back as 2013 when oil price was at its peak " the report by BGL Securities Limited revealed that while Norway, the country with the single largest SWF of $737.2 billion, has daily oil production of 1.92 million barrels per day (bpd); Saudi Arabia with $657.9 billion has 11.55 million bpd production; United Arab Emirates (UAE) with $627 billion has 3.21 million bpd production and Kuwait with $386 billion produces 2.78 million bpd "

Furthermore, it showed that Algeria with $77.2 billion has 1.8 million bpd oil production while Nigeria with only $1 billion set aside for the SWF produces about 2.2 million bpd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, " absolute total rubbish.
If only Nigeria is blessed with visionary leaders, Nigeria would have managed to save as much as $120 billion as far back as 2013 and i want every sane mind reading this to imagine how much Nigerian would have as SWF with 10% interest rates as at today.
But what do we have?, " CHOP AND QUENCH SQUANDER MANIACS OR SHOULD I SAY PRODIGAL LEADERS ". it shall never be well with all of them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by akpur1(m): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
Atmmachine:
see our gboys
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by preetyb(f): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
unmask:
See them blaming buhari already......you want to spend your hard earned naira? Go ahead and spend it..... Dont complain about hard earned dollars by the cbn? Were expecting a rosy ride.....16 years of rot isn't washed out in 6 months ........sit and enjoy the ride.
Its people like u that can't forgive others when they wrong you haba!... Pls I am tired of hearing 16 years already, every one is aware of the incompetence of the past administrations and that is why change was given a chance but instead of enforcing the change positively, all we keep hearing is 16 yrs of mis rule. That means APC is incompetent too. Cus if u have solution to a problem u just go ahead and solve it instead of crying over it.

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by asha80(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
7lives:

I support every policy that will stop Naira from becoming toilet rolls, our leaders mad crave for foreign luxury is the reason for the state of Naira.
Norway is expected to make a net withdrawal from its sovereign wealth fund this year for the first time since the SWF was set up, to help pay for tax cuts designed to stimulate the economy. Its $830 billion fund is the world's largest, holding about 1.3 percent of global stocks.
People like us are called fools and illiterates whenever we tell Nigerians to vote for credible leaders imagine this nonsense, as far back as 2013 when oil price was at its peak " the report by BGL Securities Limited revealed that while Norway, the country with the single largest SWF of $737.2 billion, has daily oil production of 1.92 million barrels per day (bpd); Saudi Arabia with $657.9 billion has 11.55 million bpd production; United Arab Emirates (UAE) with $627 billion has 3.21 million bpd production and Kuwait with $386 billion produces 2.78 million bpd "

Furthermore, it showed that Algeria with $77.2 billion has 1.8 million bpd oil production while Nigeria with only $1 billion set aside for the SWF produces about 2.2 million bpd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, " absolute total rubbish.
If only Nigeria is blessed with visionary leaders, Nigeria would have managed to save as much as $120 billion as far back as 2013 and i want every sane mind reading this to imagine how much Nigerian would have as SWF with 10% interest rates as at today.
But what do we have?, " CHOP AND QUENCH SQUANDER MANIACS OR SHOULD I SAY PRODIGAL LEADERS ". it shall never be well with all of them.

the quest for foreign luxury is not a problem of the elite alone but a problem of the average Nigerian that lusts for foreign goods

4 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by diva90: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Psalm18:
Small scale businesses are falling.
On the economy, I'll rate Buhari an 'E'.
The world has evolved from the military regime.
Ultimately a government will be judged and returned by the electorate in a free and fair elections on how well the economy is faring.
The war against corruption is good and noble but it can go side by side with sound financial decisions.

Very soon, people will be worn out of hearing we are recovering monies from the last government if their economic needs are not met.
A warning for the wise.

It's too early to rate Buhari. He's still in the recovery stage... I mean don't expect him to do in 8 months what the past administration couldn't do in 6 years! Non of this mess that we are in is his fault. This is the work of the past administration and their corrupt practices.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by samsard(m): 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
unmask:
See them blaming buhari already......you want to spend your hard earned naira? Go ahead and spend it..... Dont complain about hard earned dollars by the cbn? Were expecting a rosy ride.....16 years of rot isn't washed out in 6 months ........sit and enjoy the ride.
Yet another bloody excuse.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by diva90: 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
So glad I'm done withdrawing money from the ATM! It was tough withdrawing $300 everyday from the ATM but now imagine being subjected to only $100. shocked I knew things weren't going to get better anytime soon... Hope this will not affect PTA/BTA sales??

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by dmostcheerful(f): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
diva90:

It's too early to rate Buhari. He's still in the recovery stage... I mean don't expect him to do in 8 months what the past administration couldn't do in 6 years! Non of this mess that we are in is his fault. This is the work of the past administration and their corrupt practices.
what was the exchange rate before he took over......

why did it suddenly got worst when he assumed duty.
let's just stop being sentimental here.
ever since pmb took over things has gotten from bad to worst....

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics by Lighthouseman: 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
The effect will be felt by the new year and those shouting Sai buhari will soon be shouting STONE Buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira To Reverse Losses This Week, Banks To Process FX Transactions Within 24hrs / Help! Bulk Sms / Walmart Nigeria: Good Or Bad Idea? (Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.