Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

#5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria (21087 Views)

Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking / Why More And More Nigerian Use E-currency. / Keystone Bank E-banking Solutions: Secure, Convenient And Reliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by exlink10(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
Just the mention of that name "e-banking", the first thing that comes to many peoples mind is fraud, they will still my money etc, while others think convenience. Whether for convenience or control, e-banking is an aspect of banking that nobody can resist. E-banking is simply another name for electronic banking. Simply put, it is the use of electronic devices and gadgets to perform banking transactions.

Today, there are many different electronic devices which can be used for financial transactions. These devices include smart phones, tablets, phablets, computers, Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), Point of Sale (PoS) machines and many others. E-banking has made banking more convenient for bank customers as they can now perform banking transactions without actually visiting a bank branch.

Consider the below info. as just a few of numerous transactions which can be done via e-banking:

1. Transfer of money from one bank account to another. This can be done for accounts in the same bank or accounts in different banks using your phone, tablet or computer.

2. Withdrawal of money from your bank account through an ATM. This can be done with your bank card such as your Visa, MasterCard or Verve card.

3. Paying for goods or services on a POS Machine. These machines can be found at supermarkets, fast food or other restaurants, hotels, salons and many other places. Once you have your bank card with you and there is also a POS machine available, you can pay for the items you have bought or services you have used. You do not need cash.

4. Transfer of money, checking of your account balance, and payment of bills through the ATM.

5. Printing your bank statements, checking your account balances and many other transactions through internet banking, on your computer, laptop or tablet.

Interestingly, there are very many banking services which are now offered electronically and many people use them comfortably. However, there are a number of bank customers who are reluctant to use e-banking services due to security concerns. It is imperative to note that banks invest huge resources on their e-banking channels to ensure that their customers are safe.

As a customer, there are also a few things which you need to do to protect yourself when using e-banking services. Firstly, your most important protection is your PIN or password. Do not use a PIN or password which fraudsters can easily guess. Don’t use your date of birth or those of your family members as a PIN or password. Don’t use one PIN or password for many accounts. Don’t not use your banking password for your social media accounts, for example for Facebook or Twitter. Lastly, change your PIN or password once you suspect that someone else knows it.

Complete article at http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/12/5-reasons-why-using-e-banking-in.html

cc lalasticlala

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by dominique(f): 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Internet banking is so convenient, if only people knew, there'll be less queues in banks. I'll also commend GTB for introducing the *737*1*amount* NUBAN# transfer. You don't need an internet enabled phone to carry out that transaction and it costs just N20 to transfer to other banks. As long as you don't give out the digits on your ATM, your BVN or your Pin, your account is safe.

We need as many measures to allow us handle less physical cash in this country. Those armed robbers ain't smiling.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by endtimesblog: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
grin grin grin

Complete article at http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/12/5-reasons-why-using-e-banking-in.html

but you don mention the 5 reasons now.. tongue tongue
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by smudge2079(m): 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
For real, it is a no-brainer.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Burger01(m): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ebanking makes life kind of convenient. I can't stand unnecessary queues in the banking halls. Major Glitch over ebanking is unavailability of interswitch network...aside that, it's a preferred choice. But, the day you mistakenly transfered money to the wrong account, you are on your own smiley

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by mascot87(m): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
endtimesblog:
grin grin grin

What is the meaning of this nonsense angry angry angry
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by iteleaye(m): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
E-banking is cool, i love it... Just hate some banks tho

Designer loafers and sneakers available for sale... Make this xmas holiday merry
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by 20bc(m): 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
Its very nice, all you just need is your ATM card..
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by vicoloni(m): 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
nice post
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by rattlesnake(m): 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
6.to help all this hungry ladies undecided

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by SupremeNG: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
nice
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by looseweight: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Can you also give us the disadvantages of using E-banking so that we can weigh both and choose the better side. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by DirtyGold: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
I quite agree with you on this. I use the service and it is very convenient. However, the potential liability of innovation is that if your phone mistakenly gets into the hands of a dubious person, you are finished!

dominique:
Internet banking is so convenient, if only people knew, there'll be less queues in banks. I'll also commend GTB for introducing the *737*1*amount* NUBAN# transfer. You don't need an internet enabled phone to carry out that transaction and it costs just N20 to transfer to other banks. As long as you don't give out the digits on your ATM, your BVN or your Pin, your account is safe.
We need as many measures to allow us handle less physical cash in this country. Those armed robbers ain't smiling.
really?
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Profkomolafe(m): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
what about in a scenario whereby ur money hangs in btw heaven and earth due to faulty ntwk?

7 Likes

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by elvisdaniels(m): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
okay
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Speakdatruth: 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
Stunning
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Ignatio(m): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
I comfortably transfer money from my bedroom. Saves me transport cost of going to banks. But they should reduce the transfer charge.

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by allansie(m): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok..
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Morhziez(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by missKiffy(f): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
E-banking is not bad
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by mjames: 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
The fear of losing money is the beginning of wisdom
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by kingphilip(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
oga no b when the place de trekkable o

#100 wey go do me chop better I go use am on top transportation just because of e-banking

its good sha when you don't want to waste time and during the weekend too

all young people should have the short code handy just in case of stingy uncles and aunties ..if de say till Monday tell them the short code and get ur money instanta or else na Oyo for you o

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by ellabooz(f): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
What about its demerits.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
Waiting for 5 reasons why you should not use e banking in nigeria
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by dav8id(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
E-banking all the way...
for easier banking and transaction, ebanking all the way
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by 20bc(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
Profkomolafe:
what about in a scenario whereby ur money hangs in btw heaven and earth due to faulty ntwk?
Lol, that one na die, but before I do any online transaction I like to test the speed of the network...

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by repogirl(f): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
E banking is awesome.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
Personally I don't use ebanking because it is prone to being hacked as our network in nigeria is porous and poor
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
dav8id:

E-banking all the way...
for easier banking and transaction, ebanking all the way
Your remove the direct line to the organization and put your own for selfish interest

Black man will always be black man

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
Profkomolafe:
Nothing like money hanging due to network failure during transfer, its either the money is in your account or in the account you are transferring to, tnx

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by ceeceeuwa: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
They should simply reduce the transfer charges. Aside that it is simply cool! cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Causes Sharp Decline In Generator Sales In Nigeria- Traders / MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage / PLEASE HELP- Flip Cash, I Have Been Scammed 25k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.