Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki (1364 Views)

Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam / The N1.3bn Mortgage Loan For Civil Servants / Supreme Court Orders N3.3bn Payment To LG Chairmen Unlawfully Removed By Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by todayng: 10:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested the Managing Director of Stallion Group, Harprrie Singh, for allegedly making N1.3billion ‘questionable payment’ to a former Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda, according to Premium Times.
The Nigerian conglomerate, owned by the Vaswani brothers, is one of the major companies currently being questioned by the EFCC as part of the ongoing investigation into the messy arm procurement scandal in the office of a former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd).
A source at the Commission disclosed to the online medium that Stallion’s name cropped up when investigators scrutinizing transactions carried out by the former NSA with Jabbama Company, a bureau de change operator, stumbled on evidence that Stallion Group also paid N1.375billion to the company, although N100million of the money was later returned, leaving a balance of N1.275billion.
It was further gathered that Jabbama converted the money into United States Dollars ($114,750,000) and handed it to Mr. Yuguda, former minister of state for finance, who is already being prosecuted on multiple charges of fraud and money laundering.
Mr. Yuguda was said to have explained to EFCC interrogators that the N1.175billion received from the Stallion Group was at the instance of former NSA, Dasuki, for political purposes.
In the statement he volunteered to interrogators, EFCC sources said, Mr. Singh claimed his company had a $170million contract with the ONSA to supply some vehicles and that, he had already supplied the first batch of 50 vehicles since November 2014 for which he was yet to be paid.
Additionally, he confessed that the money he gave to Mr. Yuguda was at the request of both Messrs Dasuki and Yuguda, to support their party.
Detectives at the EFCC say they are trying to understand why a corporate organisation would, instead of making donation to any political cause through the relevant political parties, route the fund through the NSA.
They are also trying to understand whether the money was an inducement for a contract awarded to the company by the NSA.
https://www.today.ng/news/national/53516/stallion-group-md-arrested-over-n1-3bn-payment-to-yuguda-dasuki

2 Likes

Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by fromnigeria(m): 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
Huummm!!!
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
The money was for kick back payment for the illegal import weaver okonjo iweala and goodluck granted them. yuguda was just the middle man who collected the money on behalf of goodluck and nweala.
shame on pdp, goodluck, nweala, and their generation yet unborn.

7 Likes

Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by simonlee(m): 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Soon, EFCC would just storm my hostel in ABU, come to my room and accuse me of collecting N750 mtn recharge card from Dasuki. How much did he actually steal that could have gone round to so much people?!!
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by simonlee(m): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
Dasuki probably stole so much.... He could single-handedly sponsor Nigeria's 2016 budget!
I wish Dasuki was my father's friend cry
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by wachakuta(m): 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
Death sentence to treasury looters
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by madgoat(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
cry this dasuki guy is causing a lot of problems for so many pple
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by benedictnsi(m): 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
I don tire for this Dasuki case jor
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by Dannyset(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
Honestly, am fed up with these revelations. Only if the govt can get all the money, and empower jobless youths with N2Million or in like sum. Aside that, they should just keep the revelations. We are tired!
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by kokoA(m): 11:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
Na wah o :O Dasuki again? This man no dey taya?
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by superior1: 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
The Vaswani brothers again ....
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by Afriface: 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Again? Getting more interesting..
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by Olamipapa(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
Dasuki case is just a mere distraction. APC government has done nothing all this while. Bad news just flowing over Nigeria. Nigerians wake up. Party of propaganda. How much have they recovered now?
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by Scholes007(m): 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
Olamipapa:
Dasuki case is just a mere distraction. APC government has done nothing all this while. Bad news just flowing over Nigeria. Nigerians wake up. Party of propaganda. How much have they recovered now?
thank you my brother. This Dasuki saga is now looking more like a staged drama.
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by aieromon(m): 1:20am On Dec 18, 2015
Enter Stallion group

Enter the dubious customs waivers which cost Nigeria billions of naira.
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by ril19(m): 1:35am On Dec 18, 2015
These Indians Again? undecided
Re: Stallion Group MD Arrested Over N1.3bn Payment To Yuguda, Dasuki by Jesusloveyou: 2:54am On Dec 18, 2015
simonlee:
Dasuki probably stole so much.... He could single-handedly sponsor Nigeria's 2016 budget!
I wish Dasuki was my father's friend cry
i would have personally arrest ur father:p

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

30 Years Old Photo, Promise Of What Buhari Fulfilled Today / How To Be A Clueless President. (by Femi Aribisala) / Okigwe Zone: Time To Get It Right At The Senate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.