Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

RE: I Have No Apology To Worshiping God - Ooni of ife (Pics) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / RE: I Have No Apology To Worshiping God - Ooni of ife (Pics) (802 Views)

Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' / I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni / Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RE: I Have No Apology To Worshiping God - Ooni of ife (Pics) by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 18, 2015
It seems alot of nairalanders are confused on how the monarchy system works in ile-ife. A recent picture of the Ooni kneeling at an Anglican church surfaced online, and people have aired their opinion on why it was wrong for the custodian of the yoruba tradition to kneel to a foreign God.

In ile-ife, the previous Ooni's have been able to blend the three major religions we have in Nigeria without any problem, but their main religion still remains traditional - Eledumare. After all, Ifa chooses who becomes Ooni, and not Jesus or Mohammed. With all the things involved in becoming an Ooni and after becoming an Ooni, it is impossible to serve the other two religion the way they are meant to be served.

Not everyone knows that there are 401 deities in ile-ife, some of which are worshiped everyday by the Ooni himself. One of the most important is the celebration of Ogun(God of iron) on Olojo day. On this day, the Ooni is expected to lead a sacrifice at the Ogun shrine, he is also expected to renew his oath as the Ooni with respect to serving the gods, deities, ife people, and the yoruba nation.

So it's strange that religious fanatics have started calling the Ooni a born again christian because he was at a church. The Muslims too have called him a born again Muslim as the Ooni was at one of their jumat service where he sat and thanked Allah for ensuring he was chosen as the Ooni. They even gave him an islamic name, "Ismail". You are all free to claim him or call him whatever you want, but our Ooni would always come back home as required by tradition to fulfil his obligations(worship our deities) as the custodian of the yoruba race. From the two pictures below, the Ooni even gladly wears his traditional ogboni cult robe to both the mosque and church, I don't know if any of those two religions accepts the ogboni cult as a righteous one.

1 Like

Re: RE: I Have No Apology To Worshiping God - Ooni of ife (Pics) by abiodun2007: 4:05am On Dec 18, 2015
smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Ark Of Noah, Tower Of Babel Are In Ile-ife — Ooni / Attn: Seun,nairaland And Accidentalgenuis Vs Nigerian Women / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.