Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

The Gospel According To Judas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel According To Judas (2623 Views)

Beware Of The Gospel According To The New Age Movement (part 2) / Beware Of The Gospel According To The New Age Movement / The Gospel According To Joagbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2006
A gospel said to have been by Judas, one of the 12 disciples of Jesus has been found and proven to be true. The Gospel of Judas gives a different view of the relationship between Jesus and Judas, offering new insights into the disciple who betrayed Jesus. Unlike the accounts in the canonical Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, in which Judas is portrayed as a reviled traitor, this newly discovered Gospel portrays Judas as acting at Jesus' request when he hands Jesus over to the authorities. This was said that this gospel was rejected by the early churches because it will only make a Hero out of Judas instead of the traitor that the Bible potrays him to be.

This puts a question on the Bible's story of Jesus if he actually asked Judas to betray him.What will this do to the churches i.e. Christianity? From DiVinci Code to this! Religion really confuses me, never understood its essence.
To read this click on the link below.

Re: The Gospel According To Judas by olabowale(m): 6:52pm On Oct 22, 2006
@Wumine: Why not try Islam, since you have difficulty with other(s). I ask God the Almighty Allah to guide you and others to see the truth. Amiin.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 23, 2006
Wumine, you indeed are in serious delusion if you are a christian. The bible makes it clear to us that we should try every spirit whether they are true and that extends to spurious gospels too!
The so called "gospel of Judas" does not detract from the bible in any form! Ask yourself these questions, when did Judas write this gospel? Judging from gospel accounts, Judas hanged himself within days of betraying Jesus! Remember he simply collected his 30 pieces of silver, bought a piece of land with it called the field of blood and hanged himself!!!!

How could Judas have written a whole gospel within days?

Please the fact that something appears true does not make it true!!! A little searching of the scriptures just like the Berean christians would do you a lot of good rather than just jumping to frivolous conclusions!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Aggressa(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2006
@Wumine,
As Davidylan told you, try and conduct your own little research before accepting anything. Nowadays with internet etc you can sit down and research the davinci code, the 'false gospel of judas', islam etc.
But my advise to you is that it is better for you to be confused than be in islam. With confusion, what you need is wisdom and direction, with islam, you need much more than that.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2006
olabowale:

@Wumine: Why not try Islam, since you have difficulty with other(s). I ask God the Almighty Allah to guide you and others to see the truth. Amiin.

I tried islam but its more confusing to me. amd more so i have a 'grudge' with muslims. i dont think its right for me.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2006
@havila and david
are you telling me the gospel is fake? am a christian but dont fell like one at times and there is a reason to that. but i really dont understand why we equate Jesus to God while the 1st commandment says not to! i feel i need wisdom and direction cos it all seems so confusing to me.

i still feel the gospel can be true.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Aggressa(m): 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2006
@wumine,
I really admire your honesty. There is a proverb in Yoruba that says "eni to ba b'ere ona, koni sonu' meaning 'whoever asks for direction will never get lost'. This is especially true when you ask God for direction. I usually like having an imaginary profile of whoever I am discussing with because it help me in knowing how deep or how far to go along. My profile for you is this:

A young and brilliant  individual with a very analytical mind, likes planning ahead, logically approaches issues but rather impatient or easily agitated if results are slow in coming or not coming the way you planned or expected them. Occasionally(?) you measure others by your own standard; which might or might not be a bad thing to do, especially since it appears you have a honest, straightforward (no beating about the bush!) and strict standard or code of living. A rather professionally minded individual who applies a lot of logic to issues.

Now advice me if I am spot-on right or combination of right and wrongs in this profile, which came from my observation of your discussions on Nairaland. Now to the issue you raised: (1) thank God you said you are no longer in Islam, and (2) thank God you said you "still feel the gospel of Judas CAN be true" (in your own words). The former indicates that most likely you will rationally and objectively approach issues and the latter shows that even you still exhibits some doubts about the authenticity of the so-called Gospel of Judas.
You said you are a 'christian' but don't feel like one at times, I am not surprised because you are still struggling with one of the most fundamental tenets of the body of Christ, i.e the Diety or Divine status of Jesus Christ. To address these issues, you must be ready to read and prayerfully seek understanding, I am talking of reading the Bible, a book full of widsom and direction. Now can you kindly give us (a) the 'reason(s)' that makes you not to feel like a christian at times, and we can take it rom there; and (b) the reasons (or rather the logic) why you think that the belief that Jesus is God is contrary to the first commandment;(c) any other confusion you might be entertaining.
I am on break now when I saw you response and I am quicky penning my response too but hopefully will reply in detail later in the day if you give the answers. But before I go, listen to this:

Hebrews 11: vs 1-2; Now faith is the substance (or assurance/realization) of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Hebrews 11: vs 6; But without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he that cometh to God must believe that He is; and that He is a rewarder of them that dilidently seek him.
God is going to strengthen our faith (yours and mine) as we go along, mainly through reading the scirptures because all the answers are there.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by olabowale(m): 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2006
@Wumine: What is it that you experienced in Islam, that turned you to christianity? Further, you can have a"grudge' with individuals, but not with your Creator. Regardless, God, the Almighty Creator is perfect, always, in full authority. Wumine, the fact that Islam, is not 'envogue', does not change the condition of it, with Allah. Allah has promised that He will punish those who come to Him in the day of Judgement, with any other way but islam.

Allah says to Muhammad and it is the same saying to other previous Prophets, 'This is my way, the part that is straight' In the Qur'an, you will find the mission of Jesus (AS), is essentially of two parts; to redirect the the children of Israel to the religion that the old prophets followed, with emphasis laid on Mosaic laws. The second part was to proclaim the coming of the Messenger, whose name is 'Ahmad.'

Not everyone who call themselves christians agree with the personage of Jesus (AS). Some claim that he is god, yet others say that he is in addition son of god, yet others disagree altogether with eithr of the two premises, but say he is a prophet. In addition, the Catholic assigns mother of god to mary. Both Mary and her son, Jesus are ordinary humans. They eat and depended on God the Almighty, for everyhing! Nothing can be done without God. Read about jesus (AS), then you know that when you worship, it should be directed to God, not any of the entities that ever walked the surface of the earth.

Be on the look out for my write up that clearly points to the birth of Jesus(AS). However you color it, there is only One God. He is without partner.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by olabowale(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2006
@Wumine: What is it that you experienced in Islam, that turned you to christianity? Further, you can have a"grudge' with individuals, but not with your Creator. Regardless, God, the  Almighty Creator is perfect, always, in full authority. Wumine, the fact that Islam, is not 'envogue', does not change the condition of it, with Allah. Allah has promised that He will punish those who come to Him in the day of Judgement, with any other way but islam.

Allah says to Muhammad and it is the same saying to other previous Prophets, 'This is my way, the part that is straight' In the Qur'an, you will find the mission of Jesus (AS), is essentially of two parts; to redirect the the children of Israel to the religion that the old prophets followed, with emphasis laid on Mosaic laws. The second part was to proclaim the coming of the Messenger, whose name is 'Ahmad.'

Not everyone who call themselves christians agree with the personage of Jesus (AS). Some claim that he is god, yet others say that he is in addition son of god, yet others disagree altogether with eithr of the two premises, but say he is a prophet. In addition, the Catholic assigns mother of god to mary. Both Mary and her son, Jesus are ordinary humans. They eat and depended on God the Almighty, for everyhing! Nothing can be done without God. Read about jesus (AS), then you know that when you worship, it should be directed to God, not any of the entities that ever walked the surface of the earth.

Be on the look out for my write up that clearly points to the birth of Jesus(AS). However you color it, there is only One God. He is without partner.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2006
olabowale:

Allah has promised that He will punish those who come to Him in the day of Judgement, with any other way but islam.

@ Wumine, dont be decieved by the lengthy but illogical statements of this old idol worshipper, Allah himself is not sure who he will punish on the day iof his ridiculous judgement! Note that Shia muslims are killing Sunnis in Iraq, will both be accepted on the "day of judgment"? Who among them is going to that hedonistic myth called jaanat?
Have you ever seen muslims killing Sango worshippers? Are they unlike their mortal enemies christians and jews going to Jaanat too? What of Hausa muslims who refer to their yoruba counterparts as kaferis?

olabowale:

Since when did Allah also start referiing to "his way" (which way exactly is he talking about?) as the only way and straight way? Is this another attempt to plagiarise the holy scriptures where Jesus emphatically declares himself the WAY, TRUTH and LIFE?
Since when did an idol worshipper start telling us the mission of Jesus? Did you read the scriptures where Jesus declares his purpose on earth before spewing forth lies? If indeed Jesus came to redirect the Jews back to the "laws of Moses", he would have been best of friends with the Pharisees, Saducees, scribes and Chief priests who crucified him!!!

As for the second part as coming to "proclaim the coming of the messenger, Ahmad", only muslims have been able to see that in the bible they also claim has been corrupted! Indeed Jesus "proclaimed the coming of Ahmad", i remember HIM warning us about the coming of Anti-christs!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Aggressa(m): 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2006
[Quote:
In the Qur'an, you will find the mission of Jesus (AS), is essentially of two parts; to redirect the the children of Israel to the religion that the old prophets followed, with emphasis laid on Mosaic laws. The second part was to proclaim the coming of the Messenger, whose name is 'Ahmad.'[quote][/quote]
grin grin grin grin

@Davidylan and Wumine,
Looking at the above 'quotation', now you will perfectly understand why I said earlier that if you are simply confused, what you need is wisdom and direction; but if you are in Islam, you need much more than wisdom and direction.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by olabowale(m): 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Wumine: Is it true or a greater possibility that those who are eyewitnesses/companions, are the ones who have greater accurate information. This should be better and more reliable that those who have hearsay accounts. the first generation should be greater than later generations. In all cases, there should not be any group that will be better in providing information that is reliable as the eyewitnessing group. Further, what good is it that an individual is a companion of a religious personality of the stature of Prophet Jesus (AS), if this companion has nothing to contribute?

According to the Bible, Jesus had 12 companions. What happened to the account of each of the companions of the saying, actions and indeed the teachings of their leader? Is it possible that a large portion of them are in direct conflict with what the church leadership wants the christians to know. Is it indeed different from what Paul, the 'new companion, who was never a companion' in conjuction with his cohorts, wants the christians to know. Really, we see that the rule of Mosaic laws was bent or completely discarded, in an effort to recruit non Jewish followership. This is a concept different from what the Bible reports that jesus did. Qur'an confirms this, that Jesus was sent only to the children of Israel.

Most christians quote the letters of Paul to the unsuspected communities, instead of what Jesus (AS) said. Fortunately, we have the Qur'an to tell us the truth. Paul writing now dominates the New Testament. It overshadows what jesus was claimed to have said and did. Even though Paul was a companion of Jesus, but that will still not stop the Pro Pauline doctrine, which is the mainstream of the christianity, as we know it.

Please pay attention to the fact that the Jewish population, during the lifetime of Jesus (AS), onward to the present time, have refused to even accept Jesus as a prophet, not to even think of him as their Massiah. In essence, Jesus was seen by the Jews for the most part, in the same light, even up to the present time, in the same way, as the Christians of today see Muhammad. Does it mean that Jesus was not a prophet and/or Messiah to the Christian of Israel? No. Regardless of what the Jews think of him. Since the christians have been sold a bill of goods, however inaccurate, they transfer sonship to Jesus. Hench, they believe that God did not produce another prophet after Jesus (AS). When that prophet was actually non Children of Israel, then the Jews, even as the recognized him to be the prophet they have been expecting in Madina, they worked very hard to cover the truth. Yet, it was their expectation of this prophet of madina that made them took a great migration to madina, relative to other Arabian penusula city or town at the time.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by glord4domi: 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2006
Dear Viewers,

This is very clear! The devil has inspired some of it agents to rumor false story around the World: Just to discourage young christians in the LORD. But as for we who are filled with the Holy Ghost, we know Jesus is God manifest in flesh who lived on this planet Earth to reconcile us to the Father. Let me ask you these questions:
1.If Judas was bribed as they assume in this book titled "The Gospel According of Judas", why did he commit suicide?
2.How was He Jesus Christ able to rise from the dead on the third day?
3.Why is it that the Name of Jesus is still working miracles today?
4.How come that even me not a Jews by birth still uses that Name of Jesus and strong demonic protocols are destroyed?
5.Why is it that the World is refusing PEACE, TRUTH & THE WAY (JESUS) but it want peace, justice and the ways of God?

Glord.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2006
@ Olabowale,
you can ignore me all you can but may i just surmise that your latest treatise lacks merit and would have been excusable if it came from the rantings of a 10 yr old! You are educated (if indeed you are), pls let it show in your writings. You stray from key points and most of your arguments dont just make common sense even to an unbeliever. If i were NOT a christian, it will take you a gazillion yrs to tempt me to islam with your suspect sense of reasoning!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2006
@Olabowale

I am a christian by birth but recently became a muslim but it didnt seen to work for me. i can have a grudge with an individual muslim and this can affect the way i see the religion. that is my case. i am a sensitive person that hate lies i believe in not talking about it if i will lie about it. Also, islam is very confusing. there are some questions i ask and the answer is always only God understands. I have come to understand that most muslims dont even understand islam. One other thing about the religion is that its too violent and there is no love in it (my opinion). Violence is not for me and i thrive more where there is love.
i dont think islam is for me!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2006
@havila

thanks for your profile of me. its rather colourful thou its 70% correct which is good. Am also sensitive.

I was born into a christian home that to me is not very religious. We do go to church and i have never liked church because to me its boring and things are reapeated over and over again every sunday.

## i feel like a christian because i was  born one and that is what everyone expects of me.
## the commandment  says: 'Thou shall worship no other God before me'. Dont you think calling Jesus God is equating him to God, i feel christians worship Jesus and don't  feel good abou that.  I don't understant why you say Jesus is God! God? this has always been confusing to me. 

I believe in God and i believe there is heaven. I believe you have to be good to get there. I also don't believe you have to belong to any religion to get to heaven. i feel you can do that on your own, believing in God and living a just life.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2006
olabowale:

@Wumine: Is it true or a greater possibility that those who are eyewitnesses/companions, are the ones who have greater accurate information.

Yes, this is true. Are you telling me that the gospel is true?

i was a christian before i became a muslim. Becoming a muslim wasnt a good thing for me cos it has only left me more confused than i was before i entered it.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2006
@all

i am not a pagan. i believe in God and in heaven which is my final destination. I just dont understand the importance of religion or rather belonging to a religion. most of us are christians/muslims cos we are born into it. There are people that call themselves believers and their way of life is very terrible and there are people that dont go to church nor mosque and live very good lifes. Who do you think will get to heaven first? Religion to me is undecided undecided
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by olabowale(m): 12:41am On Oct 25, 2006
@Wumine: Thanks for your honesty. One of the thing that I noticed about you was your eagerness to advocate peace, between people. One does not have to be religious in order to be a good person. Goodness is inert in everyone. Some people try very hard to repress the good quality that God endows them with. I stated in my first response to you that i assumed that your name is Wumi. You see, my favorite niece from my older sister is Wumi as well. She is like a daughter to me.

Now to the topic of religion. Islam is not an easy religion to come to. However, when you are from christian family. It is time consuming and turns everything you know up on its head! My mother who is about 80 years old just turned to Islam in the past two years. I have always been muslim, even though i was raised by this former christian, when she was still a christian. I went christian High School and married a christian woman, after University who gave me two sons.

Infact, a majority of the muslims, do not know much about Islam. This is why you see some practice adultery or fornication, even though the law against it and the punishment for it is very clear. This is just an example. I did not really know that much about Islam, until i was in my forties. Even though, i always pray, fast etc. Islam is more than the five pillars. The first pillar which is belief in Oneness of God and prophethood of Muhammad (AS). This first pillar has 72 levels, the list of it is removing an obstacle from the path of people, so that they do not get hurt. What the muslims around the world are doing, if is bad is unislamic. If you want to learn about islam, you learn ait from the examples of Muhammad (AS), his companions (RA), the next two generations after his companions (ra). You can know from your heart what is good.

Look wumine, I am an investment banker. When I learnt about Interest (Riba and its consequences), I divorce myself from that portion of banking that is mired in interest based operation. I guess if one knows when one is going to die, then you can wait as long as it is necessary to begin to change from complacancy to true worship. But we do not know and there is the real situation. This is why you should worship your Lord, in the way He should be worshipped and do not associate any partnership with Him. Hellis real and its an awful destination.

When you need a friend and a support, I will be available to you. I pray that the light of guidance of God, the Almighty enters your heart and make your path easy. Amiin.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 25, 2006
olabowale:

Infact, a majority of the muslims, do not know much about Islam. This is why you see some practice adultery or fornication, even though the law against it and the punishment for it is very clear. This is just an example. I did not really know that much about Islam, until i was in my forties. Even though, i always pray, fast etc. Islam is more than the five pillars. The first pillar which is belief in Oneness of God and prophethood of Muhammad (AS). This first pillar has 72 levels, the list of it is removing an obstacle from the path of people, so that they do not get hurt. What the muslims around the world are doing, if is bad is unislamic. If you want to learn about islam, you learn ait from the examples of Muhammad (AS), his companions (RA), the next two generations after his companions (ra). You can know from your heart what is good.

See the developing list of "those who do not know much about Islam":
- those who practice adultery - they know nothing about Islam
- those who practice fornication - they also know nothing about islam
- hypocrites who insist on wearing the veil in London even when it is banned in schools in tunisia - they know nothing about Islam
- those who blow up the twin towers - ah, those must be extremists! Surely they know nothing about Islam
- Hezbollah - they also know nothing about Islam
- those who issue fatwahs and murder innocent christians and jews in the name of Allah - they also know nothing about Islam

Who really knows anything about this strange mystery called Islam? If "majority" of muslims indeed know nothing about Islam, would they also be candidates of the hedonistic fantasy called jaanat?

olabowale:

Look wumine, I am an investment banker. When I learnt about Interest (Riba and its consequences), I divorce myself from that portion of banking that is mired in interest based operation. I guess if one knows when one is going to die, then you can wait as long as it is necessary to begin to change from complacancy to true worship. But we do not know and there is the real situation. This is why you should worship your Lord, in the way He should be worshipped and do not associate any partnership with Him. Hellis real and its an awful destination.

When you need a friend and a support, I will be available to you. I pray that the light of guidance of God, the Almighty enters your heart and make your path easy. Amiin.

If this is the Islamic version of witnessing then its no wonder the only ways advocated to draw people to Islam is mainly via violence and indiscriminate procreation!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Aggressa(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2006
Wumine:

@havila
## i feel like a christian because i was born one and that is what everyone expects of me.
## the commandment says: 'Thou shall worship no other God before me'. Dont you think calling Jesus God is equating him to God, i feel christians worship Jesus and don't feel good abou that. I don't understant why you say Jesus is God! God? this has always been confusing to me.
I believe in God and i believe there is heaven. I believe you have to be good to get there. I also don't believe you have to belong to any religion to get to heaven. i feel you can do that on your own, believing in God and living a just life.

@Wumine,
Well, my first response to you is that I know exactly what or how you feel. I have been there before, believe me!!! It is true we all fill forms and put 'christianity' in religion, you are asked what is your religion-prompt answer : I am a Christian. The truth is a lot of us were born into so call 'christian' families and adopted the sunday-sunday ritual of going to church, singing hyms etc. But what we are fulfilling is the world definition or classifaction of 'christianity as a religion' and not the true scripture-supported understanding of Christianity as not a religion but a 'kingdom of God, a way of life, an unshaking belief in the doctrine of grace and redemption, that we could attain righteouness only from the Almighty God through faith in Jesus Christ'. Righteouness is the precondition to making it to heaven, and not feeling good because I do good, give to charity, treat people nice, help people etc. All those are good attributes but it does not attain to righteousness.
Jesus said the Kingdom of God is in our midst (i.e withing and among his disciples) and also said His kingdom is not of this world i.e his kingdom is not worldly in nature, it is a kingdom within men, set up in our hearts and mind; with it's riches and power spiritual. That is why Jesus said 'except a man be born again (i.e become renewed or tuned to the 'Kingdom' as described) he cannnot see, or become of, the kingdom of God. While 'feeling' like a christian was ascribed to you by your upbringing in a church-going family, becoming a true 'disciple of christ; a member of the body of christ; a part and parcel of the Kingdom of God; a true christian; is a conscious decision which you must make yourself by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, believing He is God who died for your sins, raised from death and ascended to Glory. Not only will you become a christian but will truely feel liberated from bondage of sins and past mistakes by the blood of the Lamb of God, be assured of an advocate (risen and Glorified, Jesus) constantly interceeding on our behalf; and then gradually develop the holy reverence or fear of God that keeps a saved and sanctified person keeping his body and mind dead to the power or hold of sin as you continue i your 'new life'.
Now, you are an intelligent person, go read the entire Gospel according to John in the bible. This is a very rich source to get better understanding of what I just described above.

Part 2:
The concept of Trinity is that there is One eternal God in unity or One God in nature but yet existed in three persons i.e God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The members of the Trinity are equal in nature, distinct in persons and subordinate in duties. Matthew 28, vs 19, John 5 vs 18)
To give you a simplistic approach to understand this concept, example the sun, heat and light are all from same source yet are three different integral part of each other, water could also exist as steam. liquid or ice-yet they are all still water. Even human being have the body, soul and spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23, Hebrew 4:12-13) yet are all of one nature but have different characteristics. Jesus is the Son (Luke 3:22) as announced by God himself, who is also God through his manifestation of power in three capacities that are prerogatives of deity: (1) Judgement (John 5 vs 22,27,30); (2) Forgiveness of Sins (Matthew 9 vs 1-6); and (3) Resurrection (John 5 vs 21, 25,26,28,29). The scriptures aslo point to the deity of the Holy Spirit as the third person of the God-Head or Trinity. (Which is why it is so stupid when muslims point to the comforter/holy spirit as the dead and violent muhammed who married a six year old girl ,Aisha, and comsumatted the wedding when she was 9- peadophilia of the highest order!!)
As Jesus the Son is eternally begotten of the Almighty Father (Yahweh), so Jesus is submissive to do the work of the Father, yet equal in nature to Him. The Father is the source of authority (Jesus alluded to this in various places in the Gospels of Matthew 5 and John 5 vs 19-47), Jesus the Son is the channel, and the Holy Spirit is the agent whereby that authority is exercised.
Wumine, I need to emphasise that the examples or illustrations I used to explain the Trinity above are in fact a simplistic approach to aid undrstanding, but you need to study the Bible in order to fully understand the Trinity. Kindly start from the passages mentioned or suggested in this discourse and you will get understanding. Reading is a virtue of a Christian, unlike those who need the Alfas, sheik, mullahs, ustahs etc to "think" for them. God bless, awaiting your response.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2006
@ Havila,

You have said it all.

@ Wumine,
He/she that has ears to hear let him/her hear

@ Olabowale,

Keep rummaging in extreme darkness!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 10:39am On Oct 27, 2006
@Olabowale
Thank you very much for taking your time to post your reply. i read it all and its true that most muslims know nothing about the religion. When someone offers to be there as a friend i support to me, it always touches my heart cause that is rare. Be sure to read from me when the need arises.
thank you.
wumi
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 11:09am On Oct 27, 2006
@Havila

Thank you  for your time. i always appreciate it when someone takes time to explain what i dont understand to me.
I read your post and now get the concept of the trinity and i will read the book of john again and this time around with an open mind. There are other things but i will start from here for now.
You mean being good doesnt equal righteousness? well  
Thank you so much once again and God bless you for the write up.
wumi
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2006
davidylan:

@ Wumine,
He/she that has ears to hear let him/her hear

thanks to you too!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2006
Wumine:

No ma'am, contrary to what other "faiths" teach, righteousness and goodness are not equivalent. The bible tells us that all our (good) works are as filthy rags as long as we reject the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. If by being good we will get to heaven, then it would not have been needful for Him to die on the cross, He could just have taught us to be "good".
The bible says, ALL have sinned, sin and death passed unto after the fall in the garden of Eden, it is for the purpose of redeeming us back to our unfallen state that Christ came and bled on the cross for you and me.

Take a look at some of the mighty men of God in the bible, they were not all "good" men by our human standards. If not how can a man like David go to heaven? Did he not kill another man after fornicating with his wife? Yet he repented and our Saviour who is rich in mercy forgave him.

God does not care about your past, He is only bothered about your today. As you have rightly said, you need to do a study of the bible to discover the riches of His word. For in them you have eternal life!!!

I am not good by human standards, if it was to be based on goodness i should be a qualified card carrying member of hell by now. But thanks to our Father who is long suffering, I know that He loves me more than i can ever imagine! He died for you and me, dont let that sacrifice be in vain in your life.

God bless you!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Aggressa(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2006
Wumine:

@Havila
Thank you so much once again and God bless you for the write up.
wumi

@Wumine,
That's very good write up by Davidylan to answer the question. I will only want to add to it by referring you to read the scriptural backing for all that he has said in the Book of Romans, read Chapters 4,5,6,7 and 8.
King James Version (or New Intrnational Version for Queens English which might be more comfortable for you to aid understanding).
All the best.
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by feelgood(m): 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2006
To y'all
The varied posts on Wumine's observation are quite interesting and enlightening, but leaves the main issue: The gospel of Judas, is it real? What is it all about? Perhaps a careful commentary will help. We begin:

The Gospel of Judas claims to reveal the real Jesus and the real Judas. The real Judas, according to this ancient document, was not evil. Instead, Judas was the only one of the twelve apostles who really understood Jesus. Jesus secretly told Judas his real message. Jesus taught Judas that the physical world is evil, that bodies are bad, and that people have an inner divine being. This divine self needs to escape the prison of the body to fulfill its divine destiny.
When Judas handed Jesus over to his enemies to be killed, it was not a wicked betrayal; the Gospel of Judas says that Jesus ordered Judas to do it. Jesus told Judas that he would surpass all the other disciples, because Judas would help Jesus to escape his body and become pure spirit. Jesus told Judas, “You will sacrifice the man that clothes me.” According to the gospel of Judas, Jesus did not die to get rid of the world’s sin; he died to get rid of his own body. Jesus did not rise from the dead in a glorified resurrection body, and he did not promise that his followers would be physically raised from the dead. Bodily resurrection would be tragedy, not triumph. Bodies are bad! No, says the gospel of Judas, Jesus offered guidance on how to how to escape being physical and human.
That contradicts what the Bible says. According to the New Testament gospels, Judas was not the best of all the apostles, but the worst. He was a thief and a traitor. Judas was a member of Jesus’ ministry team, and one of his duties was to serve as treasurer. But Judas stole money that people had given for God’s work. Eventually Judas became so greedy that he decided to go for one big payday. He went to Jesus’ enemies and offered to betray Jesus to them for a payment of thirty silver coins. Satan, the chief of demons, entered Judas’s heart, and Judas did Satan’s work. He led a band of men armed with swords and clubs through the darkness of night to the place he knew Jesus would be. Judas gave Jesus a kiss, not out of love, but to help Jesus’ enemies pick Jesus out of the crowd and seize him. Afterward Satan had no further use for Judas. Judas was filled with horror and killed himself. That’s what the Bible says about Judas.
As for Jesus and his message, the Bible never says Jesus told people that they have a divine inner self that needs to be free of the body. It is not bad to have a body; the Bible says God created bodies. When Jesus died, it was not to get rid of his body but to get rid of our sin. Jesus did not just dwell in a spirit realm. He arose from the dead in a body that could be seen and touched. When Jesus returns, he will raise our bodies.
The gospels in the Bible say one thing; the gospel of Judas says another. What should we believe? When the Judas manuscript came to light, the news media gave it lots of publicity. You may have heard people say that the gospel of Judas is a legitimate alternative to the Bible. You may have heard that experts authenticate the gospel of Judas as very old.
Well, it is old. It goes back many centuries—but not as far back as the biblical gospels. The Bible’s accounts were written within a few decades of Jesus death and resurrection by people who knew Jesus personally. The Judas manuscript, on the other hand, is dated about 150 years after Judas betrayed Jesus. 150 years is a long time. The author did not know Jesus or Judas. The book was written by Gnostics who thought bodies were bad. Some Gnostics called themselves Cainites. They admired not only Judas but Cain, the biblical character who murdered his brother Abel. This cult twisted almost everything the Bible said into its opposite and turned many villains into heroes.
Now, let’s imagine a different example of writing a book 150 years after events, a book that contradicts the historical accounts of eyewitnesses. It’s been a little less than 150 years since President Abraham Lincoln was shot. Suppose somebody sat down today and wrote a book titled History of Booth. Suppose this book claimed to give the real, hidden story behind Abraham Lincoln’s death. History of Booth claimed that Lincoln secretly told John Wilkes Booth to shoot him, and the assassin Booth was actually an American hero. Now imagine that the person who wrote this book was part of a group called the Arnoldites. The Arnoldites are named after Benedict Arnold, the traitorous general who worked for America’s enemy. Would you take seriously a book that said the secret of being a true American is to follow in the footsteps of Benedict Arnold, the traitor who double-crossed George Washington, and John Wilkes Booth, the assassin who murdered Abraham Lincoln? Who would pay any attention to such ridiculous lies dreamed up long after the actual events?
If such a History of Booth would be ridiculous, the Gospel of Judas is even more ridiculous. But some journalists and professors act as though it reveals things that place the biblical gospels in question. A similar dynamic occurred with the ridiculous Gnostic ideas described in The Da Vinci Code. Tell a big enough lie often enough to lots of people, and eventually some of them believe it.

To be continued,
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by feelgood(m): 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2006
Hi, y'all. We continue with the Judas' gospel ( while hoping to tackle Wumine's other views or fears(?) about her faith/christianity ):

How could anybody believe something as weird and wicked as the gospel of Judas? The answer is that these lies come from Satan himself and are backed by demonic power. It’s not just that people’s brains don’t work very well. The deeper problem is that evil powers are at work in those lies. Liars cause confusion. Satan is the biggest liar of them all. Satan wants people to be confused about Jesus, not to have a clear faith in the truth. The gospel of Judas and other Gnostic falsehoods were the sort of thing the Bible warned of in advance. According to 1 Timothy 4:1-2,
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
As we’ve seen, people with a seared conscience ended up saying Cain the murderer and Judas the traitor were good. These were the kind of people who said the human body is bad and that people should avoid the physical pleasures of marriage or of eating tasty food (4:3). They loved death more than life.
Satan knows that if people believe his lies instead of Jesus’ truth, those people will perish forever instead of enjoying eternal life with Jesus in glorified resurrection bodies. Satan is a killer, and he tells lies in order to bring death. Jesus said of Satan, "He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies" (John 8:44,45).
From the very beginning, in the garden of Eden, that old serpent, the devil, has been telling his murderous lies. God told Adam and Eve that they could eat fruit from any tree except one. If they ate from the forbidden tree, they would die. The first thing Satan said to Eve was, "Did God really say?" He got Eve to doubt God's truthfulness. Then he told her that disobeying God wouldn't kill her. It would liberate her. She'd become like God herself. Eve and Adam believed Satan, they doubted God, and humans have been lying and dying ever since.
Whenever someone tells a lie, Satan is happy, and Satan advances in his murderous campaign to ruin lives and destroy souls. Not all lies are as spectacular as the claim that Judas and Cain were good. Lies and deception come in various forms.
A boy flatters a girl with sweet little lies about how much he loves her, but once she's gone to bed with him, he dumps her as used goods. A woman makes marriage promises and then decides she'd rather be without her husband, leaving him betrayed and shattered. A child in school acts friendly toward another kid, but behind his back tells others what a loser he is. A teacher grades a set of exams that are at best mediocre and yet gives them top marks, giving the students a false sense of accomplishment and depriving them of any incentive to improve and excel.
An athlete signs a six-year-deal, and two years later threatens not to play unless the deal is renegotiated. A salesman bamboozles a customer into signing a contract, only to be dismayed later at what the fine print turns out to mean. A researcher falsifies his findings or hides the dangers of a certain product so that it will reach the market faster, and people die as a result. A doctor lies and tells a patient there's a good chance she'll survive her cancer, thus depriving the dying patient of the chance to face impending death squarely and courageously, and forcing her to endure the added pain and indignity of useless treatments.
A politician makes all sorts of promises he knows he won't keep, and the people lose their confidence in government. A talk show host blabs a variety of rumors and speculations and half-truths, and people become cynical about everything. A preacher says one thing but does another, and his congregation starts to wonder whether they can trust anybody or believe in anything.
Is there anything more characteristic of the life of sin than lying? You do something wrong; you don't want anyone to know; so what do you do? You lie. And once you tell that lie, you have to tell another lie to cover it up, and then another, and then another, until your whole life becomes a web of lies.
Lies poison relationships. Think of what happens when a group of people get together, in a cafeteria or at a party, or wherever. Look at all the smiles! Listen to how friendly everyone is! "It's so nice to see you." "It's been great talking with you." But then notice the whispers and the dirty looks, and listen to what they say after a person leaves the room. The fake friendliness and flattery evaporate, the phony front is dropped, and it comes out what they really think of each other.
Our atmosphere is so polluted by lies that we're in danger of suffocating. We somehow need to breathe in the fresh air of truth and discover the life and liberty that come from "speaking the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15).

Not done yet, be back. Gotta thrash this Judas' gospel stuff and the good lady's seeming 'confusion' about her christianity. These are really evil times.
Meanwhile, be cool m'hearties, be cool!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by feelgood(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2006
You and I need to be people of truth for our own good, and because God is a God of truth. If you know God, then you will love truth and hate lies. Why? Because that's what God does. The Bible says, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight" (Proverbs 12:22, RSV).
God loves truth and hates lies because truth is his very nature. The Bible speaks of the Lord as "the God of truth" (Psalm 31:5). It speaks of him as "God, who does not lie" (Titus 1:2). It also says "it is impossible for God to lie" (Hebrews 6:18). God's power is infinite, most anything is possible for him, but one thing God can't do is lie. Truth is of his very essence. God wouldn't be God if he were anything but absolutely true and trustworthy and faithful.
The Bible says, "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak, and then not act? Does he promise and then not fulfill?" (Numbers 23:19) "For the word of the Lord is faithful and true; he is faithful in all he does" (Psalm 33:4).
When God came to earth as a man in the person of Jesus, he said, "I am the Truth" (John 14:6). When Jesus was on trial before Pilate, he said, "In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me" (John 18:37).
And how did Pilate respond? He grunted, "What is truth?" That's the question of every person who'd rather avoid God, who wants to do something he knows deep down is evil. Just about every wicked deed is followed by a trail of lies, or else it's covered up by the biggest lie of all: There is no such thing as truth; nobody can be sure if God exists or what he's like; nobody can know for sure what's right and wrong. If there's no truth, there's no right or wrong, and that means I can keep doing what I'm doing. Some intellectuals have even turned this into a philosophy. What is truth? Who knows? Let's all believe as we please and do what we want—even if it means crucifying the Son of God, as Pilate did.
"What is truth?" That sarcastic question of Pilate denies that God is real and that his revelation is reliable.
We’ve sampled some of the havoc that occurs in different areas of life when we lie to each other, whether those are monstrous lies that twist what the Bible says about Jesus, or the everyday lies we tell in dealing with each other. Truth comes from God, the ultimate life-giver. Lies come from Satan, the ultimate killer. It's not just that honesty is nice, and lies aren't nice. It's that we are either in league with the God of truth, or else in league with the father of lies, Satan.

The gospel according to Judas is from the pit of hell and authored by the father of lies - Lucifer. We need to embrace the truth my dear Wumine.
Truthfulness is crucial for a real relationship with God and for real relationships with each other. The Bible says, "Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor" (Ephesians 4:25). "Then we will no longer be, blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is Christ" (Ephesians 4:14-15).
"Speaking the truth in love" is the key to relationships. So far we’ve seen the deadliness of lying and the need to say only what is true, and that's extremely important. Before we say something, we first need to ask, "Is it true?" But then we need to ask another question: "Is it loving? Am I 'speaking the truth in love'?" What all this means is that we can't just ask whether it would be accurate to say it, but we also need to ask whether it would be helpful.
"Speaking the truth in love"—that is God's standard for how to use our tongues. The Bible says, "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight reign on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless" (James 1:26). Did you catch that? "His religion is worthless." Lies and gossip are symptoms of worthless religion. They are the marks of a person who doesn't belong to God.
1 Corinthians 6:9 says that slanderers have no place in the kingdom of God. In declaring God's wrath against sin, Romans 1 mentions gossips and slanderers in the same breath as sexual perverts and murderers. And Revelation 21:8 says: "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulphur. This is the second death." Throughout God's Word, then, it is clear that liars and gossips belong in hell with the father of lies and all his lying demons.

Left to ourselves, hell would be our unavoidable destiny, since lying and gossip seem to come so naturally to us. But God has not left us to ourselves. He reveals his unchanging truth in the person of Jesus Christ and in the promises of the Bible. The Lord promises that when we turn away from Satan's lies and believe God's truth, we will be saved.
So, do we really want to have a relationship with God and not be tossed to and fro by every 'wind of doctrine'? Let's repent of our lies and all our other sins. Ask for God's forgiveness for the sake of Jesus' blood. Trust his promise of pardon and eternal life. Don’t be misled by Satan’s lies. Believe God’s truth in the Bible. Then, with the help of God's Spirit living in you, commit yourself to a life of truthfulness, since you have been adopted as a child of the God of truth himself.
The truthfulness of God is our only source of stability and hope. The Bible says that when we trust Jesus, we have "a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised" (Titus 1:2). In another place it says that because "it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for our soul, firm and secure" (Hebrews 6:13,18-19). Isn't that beautiful? In a world of rumors and lies, we have "an anchor for our souls, firm and secure." We have God's promises in Christ, and "it is impossible for God to lie."
Trust the God of truth, and become a truth-teller yourself. Trust the God of love, and "speak the truth in love" in your relationship to others. Trust the God of eternal encouragement, and speak in a way that encourages others. "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every deed and word" (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17).
My dear Wumine, this 'epistle' smiley was in the main gotten from the sermon of David Feddes, a preacher of the Gospel of Christ, and titled 'Truth Tellers'.
God bless you good and as Havila said, please search the scriptures (The Bible) for therein is THE ONLY TRUTH!
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by lexfrosty: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2006
I dont believe that gospel in anyway.
And even if it did exists, it doesn't disprove christ in anyway.

you guys can come one to

www.one afrika.net

too and discuss other religious issues too.

join the space between "one" and "Afrika" so you can access it grin
Re: The Gospel According To Judas by Wumine(f): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2006
@feelgood
i really felt good reading your write up. i also enjoyed reading it. thanks for taking the time to break it down for me i.e. the gospel, i even had to print it out cos i really enjoyed reading it. it is well understood thou ,
thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Catholics actually Worship Mary Mother Of Jesus / Bishop David Oyedepo: Prophetic Instructions To All Winners' Family Worldwide / Kenneth Copeland Prays For Airport Service Personnel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.