Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) (16295 Views)

When Tears Brings Yes ( A Short Story) / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Tears Of A Soldier............ A Military War Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by GoldEnyong(m): 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
you 4 don kill person o, if u no complete the tory. I dey follow u like any dey follow sugar.. very beautiful work.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by hustler86(m): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mabel I jst hope U r reasding this nice piece, Larrysun's dream gal. smiley u r good bro
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by ghostwritter(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
Zeedarh:
Lawd!!! Larrysun, you're just too good. I had to hold my breath till i finished.
u mean to tell me that u held ur breath all through?
And u neva die?
chai!!
u dey lie.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by Famousact: 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
LarrySun...you are a bomb. You blast it right on point.
Nice one!
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by gemale(m): 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
Guy u dey write... Bt abeg when wld d 18+ version come out? I mean d 1 where he go kpoka d babe... No b 2 just luk d fyn girl come kiss am then e go just finish lyk dt;no d ministry must move 2 D permanent site. John Thomas must get his dues.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by gemale(m): 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
ghostwritter:

u mean to tell me that u held ur breath all through?
And u neva die?
chai!!
u dey lie.
Actually it's impossible scientifically 2 kill oneself by holding ones breath.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by ghostwritter(m): 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
gemale:

Actually it's impossible scientifically 2 kill oneself by holding ones breath.
are u suwò?
I am not bilif u.
Oyá fun mi efidence.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by ghostwritter(m): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
LarrySun.
I don't know who d hell u are or give a fu*k about what u look like, but you have always been and will forever be my mentor sir. My style of writting was inspired by ur works sir (u can help go through some of my write-ups). May ur life forever be ORIJINated.
You are my kind of man.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by lookingfly: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Choi op.......e no de copy oooooooo. Wicked right up, I love it.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by cartoonday(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dope! Dope!! Story......*thumbs up man
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by whitecloth: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
You're a Genius. Kudos, the Brand of Cain masterpiece hasn't left me yet.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by slimberie(f): 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
[quote author=LarrySun post=41120414]*When the wicked
Carried us away in captivity
Required from us a song
Now how shall we sing the lord's song in a strange land*

I woke up with a start. I was sweating like a racer. It took me a moment to get accustomed to where I was. The room was dark and I could barely see my surroundings, the only light was just a blinking illumination from a flat surface. Then I realised that my phone was still ringing. I looked at the surface of the object and saw the time 1:37am. The same time I saw in my dream. That heralded the beginning of the weirdness that followed.

As I reached for the phone, I discovered that the number calling was not displayed. I picked up the phone and spoke into it, "Hello."

At first, there was a crackling sound at the other end, then statics. Finally, I heard a voice speak. "Please who is this?" The voice asked. It was a female voice.

"Who am I speaking with?" I asked back.

"This is Zion," said the voice, "I'm calling because the owner of this line misplaced his phone. And he has just been shot dead."

"What!" I screamed. What was the woman talking about? The owner of this phone had just been shot dead? How was that possible? This was me here hale and hearty.

"What are you saying, ma'am. Who was shot dead? I'm the owner of the phone and I'm alive here?"

"Is that Sam?"

How the hell did she know my name?

"You came to my kiosk and told me you were looking for your phone."

Then I remembered. All what she was saying were what happened in my dream. As weird as it might seem, I believed it was the woman in my dream calling me.

"How is this possible?" I asked. Then beside my bed, I saw an apple with a missing bite on its side. This was the same apple I was holding when I was searching for my phone in the dream. Where did this apple come from? Surely, it couldn't have followed me from my dream. There must be a logical explanation for its appearance here.

"Are you still there?" Said Zion.

"What's happening? What's going on?"

I thought I heard a sigh at the other end. I must have imagined it though. "I know what's happening."

"You do?"

"Yes. You're in an alternate world. This is our own world here. The fact that you're alive there explains everything. You cannot live in both worlds at the same time. You're dead here; I'm even staring at your corpse now. Mabel is weeping, crying sadly."

"Who is Mabel?"

"The love of your life; the person you're destined to be with forever. But you cut it short by your actions. You shouldn't have left her side. You shouldn't have come to me. Your coming to me destroyed everything. I tried to correct your first mistake by giving you the apples to eat. Those apples were meant to keep you alive. But you had to come back again to look for a phone you never lost. That was beyond my control. So, you had to die to set things aright. Mabel will miss you for the rest of her life. You have lost your one true soul mate because of your actions. She will continue to dream about you. You are dead here; lost to her forever. The only place she would always find you is in her dreams. Damage has been done to reality."

This is really a mind blowing piece! Thumbs up man
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by chijudith(f): 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
wow!!! u are a good writer pls keep up the good work.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by COCakanni(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
final revelation,............... U GOT ME, SO INTERESTING AND I REALLY LIKE IT
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by gemale(m): 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
ghostwritter:

are u suwò?
I am not bilif u.
Oyá fun mi efidence.
Breathing is both voluntary & reflex in act. D voluntary part is limited 2 muscles lyk pectoral, serratus anterior etc dt help 2 elevate & depress ur ribs when u inspire/expire. D main part (lungs & respiratory tract) r under reflex control. U mite b able 2 voluntarily stop ur breathing 4 a while bt hypoxia wld
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by gemale(m): 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
ghostwritter:

are u suwò?
I am not bilif u.
Oyá fun mi efidence.
Breathing is both voluntary & reflex in act. D voluntary part is limited 2 muscles lyk pectoral, serratus anterior etc dt help 2 elevate & depress ur ribs when u inspire/expire. D main part (lungs & respiratory tract) r under reflex control. U mite b able 2 voluntarily stop ur breathing 4 a while bt hypoxia (low oxygen levels) wld prompt ur muscles 2 ultimately relax most times even b4 u r able 2 pass out.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by Gloryblossom(f): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nice one,keep it up.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by ghostwritter(m): 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
gemale:

Breathing is both voluntary & reflex in act. D voluntary part is limited 2 muscles lyk pectoral, serratus anterior etc dt help 2 elevate & depress ur ribs when u inspire/expire. D main part (lungs & respiratory tract) r under reflex control. U mite b able 2 voluntarily stop ur breathing 4 a while bt hypoxia (low oxygen levels) wld prompt ur muscles 2 ultimately relax most times even b4 u r able 2 pass out.
Thanks a lot sire, I have been enlightened by this.
I can now go breathe less for days knowing I won't die.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by Zeedarh(f): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2015
ghostwritter:
u mean to tell me that u held ur breath all through? And u neva die? chai!! u dey lie.
i literarilly did. I no die oh tongue
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by Zeedarh(f): 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
dimssy:
Really? Hope you didnt die? Good work Larrysun.
I refused to die tongue
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by kizzykeziah: 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
Larrysun, you've always being a wizard with a pen. You're awesome as always...

#Following
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by Jerry2i(m): 7:52am On Dec 30, 2015
Great story you got here @Larrysun.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by tpetos(m): 11:09am On Dec 30, 2015
waoh...nice story bro!
was patiently reading thinking 'mk i see wia dz story go end' nd trust me d end 'wowed' me
more ink to ur pen bro!
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by tpetos(m): 11:13am On Dec 30, 2015
gemale:
Guy u dey write... Bt abeg when wld d 18+ version come out? I mean d 1 where he go kpoka d babe... No b 2 just luk d fyn girl come kiss am then e go just finish lyk dt;no d ministry must move 2 D permanent site. John Thomas must get his dues.

I pray U find Jesus!
abegi d 18+ version don comot sinc...bt U stl dey age 17 then, so ure not allowed to read it then!
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by Oxytocin(m): 12:42am On Dec 31, 2015
Damn... A million and one likes for this!
You are just too superb!
At a point I was getting scared grin grin, maybe because I was reading it in the night. grin

These are the kind of writers we need in nollywood, not those "amaka comes to Lagos" writers undecided

Thumbs up again bro! That's one hell of an Intriguing story! cool
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by zikmarty: 8:43am On Dec 31, 2015
larrysun; beautiful as usual and as my new developed habit, I kinda have a end I think wasn't well knotted tongue

why did Sam have those what I feel I should refer to as visions or should I say revelations ?
why did he, why Sam,why not anyone else?

okay,what if we say sam once had an injury to the head from an accident hence had frequent shocks or got those visions while he was in a coma and had only just remembered or maybe he was from a family of seers,they considered it a gift as they were born with the ability, his grandfather, his father,their fore fathers and now him?

just my own opinion though wink
ok bye
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by LarrySun(m): 9:21am On Dec 31, 2015
zikmarty:
larrysun; beautiful as usual and as my new developed habit, I kinda have a end I think wasn't well knotted tongue

why did Sam have those what I feel I should refer to as visions or should I say revelations ?
why did he, why Sam,why not anyone else?

okay,what if we say sam once had an injury to the head from an accident hence had frequent shocks or got those visions while he was in a coma and had only just remembered or maybe he was from a family of seers,they considered it a gift as they were born with the ability, his grandfather, his father,their fore fathers and now him?

just my own opinion though wink
ok bye
I don't believe you have to come from a family of seers to have a dream. We all dream, and sometimes, some things happen to us in real life that we feel we've somehow experienced before. Deja vu, right? Or is it Jamaise vu?

The theme is just Fantasy; it's totally impossible to receive a phone call from the dream world. Saying Sam comes from a family of seers would be akin to stretching the genre a little bit too broad. The main idea is, weird things happened so that he could find love.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by zikmarty: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2015
LarrySun:
I don't believe you have to come from a family of seers to have a dream. We all dream, and sometimes, some things happen to us in real life that we feel we've somehow experienced before. Deja vu, right? Or is it Jamaise vu?

The theme is just Fantasy; it's totally impossible to receive a phone call from the dream world. Saying Sam comes from a family of seers would be akin to stretching the genre a little bit too broad. The main idea is, weird things happened so that he could find love.

cheesy cheesy
ok sire
good luck
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by fippycbk(m): 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
Now this is creativity... thumbs up.
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by Joizy(f): 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
Wow wow wow z al i cn say.larry u neva disapoint.weldone bro
Re: Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) by Santi222(m): 3:03am On May 06, 2016
Powerful Story!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stone Cold / Power Of Love: A True Life Story / JERRY AND ARIANA (A Son For Three Days)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.