Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff (30240 Views)

FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag / We Didn’t Sack 1,500 Workers - MTN Denies Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by piagetskinner(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
Disengaged means the will be let go... But in this context, I'm guessing they will b posted to less relevant areas #it is well
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Barenla: 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
Wonderful. Now the true picture of their CHANGE agenda is unfolding! Welcome to the New Nigeria. APC CHAINS!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by bigeagleeye(m): 2:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
SMH...Nigerian youths sometimes can make one shed tears! Ignorance palpably written all over the places!
If unbundling the corporation will make the system deliver better, what's d cause of alarm? Do you want things to continue the ways they have always been and expect a different result? Haba!
Let the 1100people to be sacked come out and cry to you first before you carry bowl now! Average severance pay for lower cadre in nnpc is about 6M naira, challenge me with opposing facts! So I ask you, why should a man who can't set up a life with 10M continue in job anywhere else?
The problem of my country is labyrinth, it takes a focused man not a lily livered to lead ds nation! This was how distractions destroyed the good man with all of his luck...my people have come again, complaining about every move not ready to sacrifice nothing for the change they clamoured for!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by bigW(m): 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
Alwaystruth:
You the educated ones are the major problems of this country called Nigeria.
You educated people speak big grammars to blindfold and deceive poor Nigerians. You wants to remove subsidy by next year
without first of all resuscitate our refineries to perform optimally to cushion the effects of subsidy removal. The multiplier effects
of this subsidy removal on the poor masses will overwhelm whatever economic gains you intends to make from this policy and
economic reactions will worsen the fate of already poor and hungry Nigerians. Next year is really going to be a trying times for ordinary Nigerians
indeed. 2016= Subsidy removal-- increment on electricity tariff-Massive workers layout-depreciated Naira -Unemployment= Hardship. Only God can save us.

I know it's not easy but y is it Dat nigeria never ever want to suffer and enjoy later.. this is d prob about this subsidy issue, assuming ppl listened to me den about removing this subsidy maybe things would have been different now.. though I guess we can't really trust our leaders either way.. but still Nigerians at any little strict measures dat wunt allow us enjoy or chop make I chop, we would b shouting.. many nations had to go thru a lot to get to wia dey r, Ethiopia had very strict measure and even shutting dollar out of Dia economy and still dey r good to go..
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by bezimo(m): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
APC is increasing unemployment levels instead of adding jobs and reducing unemployment rates.May all the supporters of these backward change experience the same fate.
Just look at Naira free fall I hope the APC change idiots are happy about it when they need Forex to travel or do business.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Kenistry(m): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
Zico5:
I seriously weep for the youths of this country, many are blinded by sentiment that they fail to read the main content before jumping to conclusion. The minister was trying to explain the modu operandi that would be put in place to make NNPC more operational and effective and one of the main deal is to cut cost which may see some staff at head office moved to the subsidiaries of NNPC. This is a good development if effectively managed and maintained. Thank God Kachikwu is neither Yoruba nor Hausa. They can castigate their brother anyway they like. My own is for Nigeria to move forward and our change to be achieved
Obviously, u lack understanding weep for urself first and read it again.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Zico5(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kenistry:

Obviously, u lack understanding weep for urself first and read it again.
U re confused
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Kenistry(m): 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
Zico5:
U re confused
jst like ur dullard President
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Ifabernard(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
End time sacking, end time govt. naija which way nw?
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by olutunde12(m): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=Zico5 post=41114514]I seriously weep for the youths of this country, many are blinded by sentiment that they fail to read the main content before jumping to conclusion. The minister was trying to explain the modu operandi that would be put in place to make NNPC more operational and effective and one of the main deal is to cut cost which may see some staff at head office moved to the subsidiaries of NNPC. This is a good development if effectively managed and maintained. Thank God Kachikwu is n

You that read it very well, is it there that they will sack more than 1000 staff of the head Q? If no, you have not read it as well as I did. But if your answer is yes, then that is all that concerns the youth. The corruption that they want to cub has nothing good to do with you if sacked!!!
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by dunlie: 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
Zico5:
I seriously weep for the youths of this country, many are blinded by sentiment that they fail to read the main content before jumping to conclusion. The minister was trying to explain the modu operandi that would be put in place to make NNPC more operational and effective and one of the main deal is to cut cost which may see some staff at head office moved to the subsidiaries of NNPC. This is a good development if effectively managed and maintained. Thank God Kachikwu is neither Yoruba nor Hausa. They can castigate their brother anyway they like. My own is for Nigeria to move forward and our change to be achieved

your level of senselessness is alarming. you are a typical HYPOCRISY.......

GO BACK TO YOUR VOMIT....DOG!!!!
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Olemi700: 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
Buhari is a useless man,..this illiterate without certificate has turned this country into laughing stock in just 6 months grin grin grin what an animal he is??
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by sirp2007: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
ITS SAD MOST PPL DONT BOTHER 2 READ BT JUS RUSH 2 COMMENT BASE ON D HEADING.
ALL THOSE THT COMMENT ON D 1ST PAGE EITHER DID NOT READ D ENTIRE TEXT OR HAVE COMPREHENSION PROBLEM EXCEPT zico5.
PLSSS CAN U GUYS POINT 2 WHERE HE SAID HE WILL SACK 1,100 STAFF? HE ONLY SAID HE WILL REDEPLOY HALF OF HEAD OFFICE STAFF TO OTHER SUBSIDIARIES..ITS DIFFERENT 4RM SACK..
ITS LIKE ZENITH BANK SAYING THEY RE MOVING HALF OF THEIR H/O STAFF TO OTHER BRANCH.
Now l understand d extent of rot in our educational system, tht supposed graduates can nt comprehend simple passage.
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ITS REDPLOYMENT,RELOCATION,TRANSFER,NOT sack,termination.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by BABANGBALI: 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
wahala dey o,seun and lalasticlala i hope una name no go dey among them?
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by buchilino(m): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
dominique:
But they had cut off thousands of ghost workers on their payroll and a lot of corruption is being curbed. I hope this sack story is not true sad

AM SORRY 2 SAY DIS BUT "WELCOME 2 CHANGE"
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by damton(m): 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
Zico5:

Big ups to you.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by mikolo80: 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sijo01:
shocked shocked shocked mogbe!!!

Where are the shange chanters? Your pay master is really working.
We de kampe
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by mikolo80: 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
Zico5:
You de mind all there clueless pdp supporters.one wonders how dem take pass waec sef
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Comradeisah23(m): 7:06am On Dec 19, 2015
What happened
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Westrnzdbyd4lt(m): 10:04am On Dec 19, 2015
Don't mind them. I bet some didnt even take time to fully read the article.While the article title is misleading.It also goes to show people dont read to comprehend before jumping to conclusion. And Nigerian youths wonder why they are unemployableThis na real Olodonation. grin
dustydee:
Nairaland and false news. Seun your moderators are at it again.

They are going to be redeployed rather than sacked. Have they stopped teaching comprehension in schools?
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by StepG: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2015
todayng:
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, yesterday, stated that he had received the Presidency’s approval to commence the final phase of the restructuring of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), which would see the Corporation unbundled into four components, while about 1,100 of NNPC headquarters’ staff would be disengaged.
He also stated that the country no longer has the resources to fund its oil and gas industry, and it is, therefore, considering and developing new models of financing for the industry in the days ahead.
Kachikwu, who spoke at a town-hall meeting in Abuja, yesterday, disclosed that in January 2016, the final decision on the fate of the country’s refineries would likely be made. He also stated that arrangements have been concluded to adopt a price modulation mechanism that would see the corporation setting a price ceiling of between N87 and N97 per litre for Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, also known as petrol.
Kachikwu, who doubles as the Group Managing Director of NNPC said, “Financing is going to be a key component of our goal because new models of financing would have to emerge. The country does not have the sort of resources to continue to fund the oil industry. As we go upstream, we are going to begin to see a lot of innovative financing mechanism to provide funding for the oil industry.”
“My dream, if I achieve it, is that by the end of 2016, we would completely exit cash calls and be able to find our funds one way to help support our business and get a lot more autonomy in terms of running the industry and report, basically, profit to the Federal Government.”
On the unbundling process, Kachikwu said the NNPC would be broken into four key components, namely: the upstream company, downstream company, the midstream company, which is gas and power marketing, and the refining group holding company.
According to him, one of the major restructuring efforts would be in making the headquarters operations cost effective, hence, about more than half of its 2,200 core headquarters staff would be whittled down, with a lot of the affected staff assigned to the subsidiaries to help make the units more efficient and profitable.
Kachikwu said, come January 2016, strategic decisions would be made in terms of what areas of the country’s refineries would be closed to allow for full re-kitting before reopening them for operations while it would also be considering the best-operating model for the refineries.
“Ultimately, technical support, technical services, and technical joint venturing would also be models we would be looking at and reviewing in terms of the refineries. The whole idea is to find the funds, find the right skills that you need, support the skills that you have and try to give out, real-time, above 90 per cent consistent performance in refining.”
On the issue of fuel subsidy removal and subsequent hike in the price of PMS (Petrol), Kachikwu stated that, “One thing we are very committed to next year, is to reduce the level of Federal Government subsidy, if any, to the industry, so that the industry can grow on its own strength. We can do that without the mechanism of saying subsidy is being removed or whatever but have a benchmark approach to setting prices. We are going to see a lot more quarterly type analysis of what prices would go for the downstream industry, relative to the price of crude oil,” he stated.
“The report that fuel is going to sell for 97 was not a correct. I did not say refined products will sell for N97. I said that between a band of N87 and N97 per litre, we are going to be looking at prices. Today, the prices are largely close to N87, so there might be no need to change prices,” he added.
The minister also disclosed that the Federal Government was considering allocating a number of marginal oil fields to the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), if it performs creditably, so as to help it increase its crude oil reserves base.
He also disclosed that a much more focused audit would be conducted on the operations and activities of the NPDC, to ascertain its asset base and also determine whether it is increasing or depleting its reserves.
Speaking on NNPC’s financials, he said: “Most of the management accounts up to 2014 are fairly finished; we are now looking at external audits. Audits were last done in 2010. We have brought the management accounts up to current; the external audits are ongoing; the 2012 to 2014 audits we expect would be done by March next year, which would bring us likely current.”
According to Kachikwu, the focus of the Federal Government is to get the NNPC back to profitability to ensure the sustenance of the company, while it is also targeting an increase of Nigeria crude oil production to 2.4 million per day in 2016.
“For upstream there are some key essentials, average production for most of last year was 2.19 million barrels per day, while we think we ought to be able to move forward a little bit to 2.4 million barrels in 2016. To do that there are key things that need to be looked at.”may God. Help us.
https://www.today.ng/news/national/53706/nnpc-set-to-sack-1100-staff
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by StepG: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2015
Peaceisgold:
May the year 2016 bring favour for me, my family and fellow Nigerians. May no one be adversely affected by this retrenchment.
Amen my dear
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by sholay2011(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
bigeagleeye:
SMH...Nigerian youths sometimes can make one shed tears! Ignorance palpably written all over the places!
If unbundling the corporation will make the system deliver better, what's d cause of alarm? Do you want things to continue the ways they have always been and expect a different result? Haba!
Let the 1100people to be sacked come out and cry to you first before you carry bowl now! Average severance pay for lower cadre in nnpc is about 6M naira, challenge me with opposing facts! So I ask you, why should a man who can't set up a life with 10M continue in job anywhere else?
The problem of my country is labyrinth, it takes a focused man not a lily livered to lead ds nation! This was how distractions destroyed the good man with all of his luck...my people have come again, complaining about every move not ready to sacrifice nothing for the change they clamoured for!
GOD BLESS YOU. BEST POST I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Ajara Damusa, A Slay Queen Who Is A Welder / I Need Your Advice / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.