Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Climate Change How To Play A Part In Reducing Global Warming. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Climate Change How To Play A Part In Reducing Global Warming. (591 Views)

Reno Omokri: Nnamdi Kanu's Influence Reducing Because Of His Utterances / Okonjo-Iweala Pictured At The Paris Climate Change / Buhari Arrives Abuja After Participating In UN Climate Change Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Climate Change How To Play A Part In Reducing Global Warming. by Obidikejr(m): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2015
I don't know which section to throw this, so mods can redirect it there thanks.

Hey guys, This is not about the end time, (no one needs to tell you it jus begun) or the problem facing the world today, but to have a look at this issue and take a positive attitude towards a cleaner environment. You all must have heard about the just concluded cop21 climate change conference in France with representatives from almost every country in the world. I was a part of the mini event here in Abuja at theYar'adua Center and the French Institute respectively, with the likes of the Ambassador of France to Nig, a representative from the European Union present.

Check your surrounding today notice that everything has doubled from the previous year, the cold and the heat, that's the effect of climate change (my personal observation). A tiny section of Kenya hasn't had a drop of rainfall for 10 years, neglected by their government, the only means of survival for the people of that village was a lake, this lake which recedes more and more each year due to extreme heat. A friend told me that, the painful fact is that we are only accountable for a little of this global problem. This is why, Africa as it stands has the least number of heavy industries in the world (SA having the most in Africa), when compared to the likes of North America, Europe, Asia. Heavy industries being a chief factor affecting our climate among others, the release of dangerous gases in millions of tons to the atmosphere is messing our ecosystem. But this is not about who is to be blamed, it is a global problem but it seems Africa is suffering it alone, yes because we have never created a lasting solution to our problems, from poverty to tribal wars, religious conflicts to corruption, to lack of basic social amenities etc we run away from problems as long as it seems it isn't affecting us directly or permit me to say we run away from our problems, for fear of finding a solution (I don't even know how to begin to understand the African mindset).
The villagers in Kenya complained bitterly that they have been neglected by the government (this is an example of my complain).

The Cop21 conference in Paris was a success, and there was the promise to cut the overall amount of greenhouse gases released to the atmosphere. (to a level that will limit the global
average temperature to a rise "well below" 2C (3.6F)
compared to pre-industrial levels - a level of warming
deemed to be the point when dangerous climate change
could threaten life on Earth. -BBC) This means moving from burning fossil fuels to more cleaner energy sources like Renewable energy and nuclear, Which I don't know if Africa has any blueprint not just to implement this transition , but to make it permanent.

It amazes me to know that some Nigerians still don't know our climate is changing, and if they have no idea what's going on, how will they play a part in helping it stop? We are so overwhelmed by other problems that we fail to acknowledge serious environmental degradation like the change in our climate .Cop21 can't do it alone, they need us too to mitigate climate change. Little things like recycling, tree planting, using energy saving bulbs, unplugging unused electronics etc can go a long way to help more than you can imagine, you can save over 1500lbs of CO2 per year by unplugging unused electronics and using energy saving bulbs alone.
Think of a cleaner and safer environment.
Re: Climate Change How To Play A Part In Reducing Global Warming. by SFSNIPER(m): 10:51am On Dec 18, 2015
Well written!
Re: Climate Change How To Play A Part In Reducing Global Warming. by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 18, 2015
Good enough you brought this in a place like this with many young people-education and awareness is highly required to help us all curb this monster. Besides, its' a seriouly call for all to do a spiritual introspection-for it is a sure sign of endtime,why,cos, even if the highly heavy industrialised countries 'should' holistically pay obiesiance to the recommendation,we will have to go through a transition period,what happens to a kenyan community (mentioned)within the period? Has man ever fixed a natural problem? Time to think pensively about Christ cos it is all coming to an end

(1) (Reply)

Emiefele Must Go! / Nigerian Tribune, Olakunle Taiwo And A Cocktail Of Falsehoods / Look What People Did To This Ameachi's Photo [must Look]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.