Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,735 members, 7,831,341 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Read What An Investigative Journalist Wrote About Boko Haram. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read What An Investigative Journalist Wrote About Boko Haram. (416 Views)

IPOB and Kanu: An Investigative Look scrutiny / Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) / Pic Of What CNN Just Tweet About Boko Haram Using Apc Campaign Bill Board. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read What An Investigative Journalist Wrote About Boko Haram. by hemsquare(m): 11:10am On Dec 18, 2015
Are we winning the war against BokoHaram terrorists? Sometimes I like to say yes.
In August when I was in Maiduguri, there was no electricity, and it'd been like that for months. The
insurgents had destroyed the power stations and whenever there were attempts to re-fix things, they
attacked both the engineers and soldiers on site.
The story has changed, however. Since I came into town a few days ago, I've enjoyed uninterrupted
supply of electricity. It shows that the military has been able to chase the insurgents off the power
stations. We drove through at least twenty villages in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states that BokoHaram
once claimed for its caliphate and I have seen how the military has recovered these villages. As we
drove through Mairi Village in Maiduguri last night, my host explained to me that there was a time we
dare not walk through here, else we become roasted chikens for the BokoHaram insurgents.
I have noticed the heavy presence of weaponry and boots everywhere in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
states, and it appears our military are in full control of things. I have been privileged to see some highly
classified info I cannot share. But trust me, the Nigerian military has already finished BokoHaram, going
by these things I've seen.
On the other hand, the peace we seem to enjoy in the northeast now comes with a lot of sacrifices. You
will not hear about these things in the mainstream media. Not even the military spokesmen would wanna
make it known. Yesterday, nine soldiers+officers were buried here. As I type, heaps of the remains of
tens of soldiers+officers are at the mortuary here as the military authority awaits their family members
before proceeding with the burial.
In my findings, I have discovered that the will and courage to fight is always there for these gallant
soldiers and officers, but all of them complain of one thing; lack of equipment!
Hear what a Colonel told me, "...people like Dasuki will not even see the road to heaven talkmore of
seeing God. That money he took as NSA is more than enough to get us five gunships, and BokoHaram
becomes a thing of the past. I tell my boys here, look we are not fighting for money, we are fighting for
our own lives."
Sigh...
# GodBeWith7DivSoldiers
Re: Read What An Investigative Journalist Wrote About Boko Haram. by boujaye: 11:14am On Dec 18, 2015
clap for yourself! you don't need to tell us anything, things will speak for itself.
Re: Read What An Investigative Journalist Wrote About Boko Haram. by Andykruiz(m): 11:14am On Dec 18, 2015
May Dasuki experience Hell on earth before dying and experiencing the real Hell!! undecided
Re: Read What An Investigative Journalist Wrote About Boko Haram. by Boss13: 11:14am On Dec 18, 2015
We thank God. It is weeping sad that some people decided to profit from insurgency. It just shows us how bastardized the values and morals are in this country

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Insists MTN Must Pay $3.9BN Fine By Dec 31 Despite Court Action / Man Banned For 5yrs Frm Approaching Women He Doesn't Knw Following Sexual Case / Protest In Aba As Some Residents Show Support Of Gov. Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.