Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Why Are House Girls/help Always Feeling Inferior? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are House Girls/help Always Feeling Inferior? (769 Views)

Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet / Feeling "Less-than" / Why Did Almost All Societies Believe That Women Were Inferior To Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are House Girls/help Always Feeling Inferior? by Realist5: 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

It has come to my notice that most houses where they have house help or whatever they call them, the said set of people (househelp) always look unkept, different and always lack confidence.

To others, the way the "Ogas" treat them differently will make you to conclude that this one is not "the son of the soil". Sometimes I ask myself if this could be the reason why some of these house helps act wickedly to retaliat their maltreatment through seducing those that are "seducable" in the house. Those that could steal anything as well are in for it among other atrocities committed in the house...

My question is...is it right to make/treat house helps differently from the "son of the soil"?

Your opinion pls.
Re: Why Are House Girls/help Always Feeling Inferior? by tripplephi: 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
Realist5:
Hello Nairalanders,

It has come to my notice that most houses where they have house help or whatever they call them, the said set of people (househelp) always look unkept, different and always lack confidence.

To others, the way the "Ogas" treat them differently will make you to conclude that this one is not "the son of the soil". Sometimes I ask myself if this could be the reason why some of these house helps act wickedly to retaliat their maltreatment through seducing those that are "seducable" in the house. Those that could steal anything as well are in for it among other atrocities committed in the house...

My question is...is it right to make/treat house helps differently from the "son of the soil"?

Your opinion pls.

why is this an ISSUE, what will it change..... you should ask those who treated the HOUSEHELPS WITH LOVE AND MADE THEM FEEL LIKE PART OF THE FAMILY AND YET GOT A RUDE SHOCK..... guy forget this and do something better with your time. THIS IS NIGERIA.... no one can be TRUSTED to feel AT home. not even you. so pls drop this.
Re: Why Are House Girls/help Always Feeling Inferior? by Realist5: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
I only seek your opinion. Dont centre it around me. Tnx anyways.quote author=tripplephi post=41120299]

why is this an ISSUE, what will it change..... you should ask those who treated the HOUSEHELPS WITH LOVE AND MADE THEM FEEL LIKE PART OF THE FAMILY AND YET GOT A RUDE SHOCK..... guy forget this and do something better with your time. THIS IS NIGERIA.... no one can be TRUSTED to feel AT home. not even you. so pls drop this. [/quote]
Re: Why Are House Girls/help Always Feeling Inferior? by Realist5: 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
tripplephi:

why is this an ISSUE, what will it change..... you should ask those who treated the HOUSEHELPS WITH LOVE AND MADE THEM FEEL LIKE PART OF THE FAMILY AND YET GOT A RUDE SHOCK..... guy forget this and do something better with your time. THIS IS NIGERIA.... no one can be TRUSTED to feel AT home. not even you. so pls drop this.
I only seek opinion to be educated on my curiosity. Pls don't centre it around me. Tnx anyways.
Re: Why Are House Girls/help Always Feeling Inferior? by tpiar: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
Seems there is no good story here.

(1) (Reply)

True Life Story: The Last Wolf…part 1 / Look At What This Dude Created Out Of Salt (photo) / Gtbank Liberia MD, Mr Orogun Dies In A Boating Accident In Liberia [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.