Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,347 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market (22495 Views)

Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks / Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
CBN called this "strengthened". Those boys in CBN must be smoking Jamaican weed. Wait till Monday for Nigeria to see the final rest in peace of Naira.
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by phabulux: 7:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
politricks:
The way this Naira is falling it would soon fall in love. Thank God it gained a little.

Christ!

Very funny!

I hadn't had a laugh on nairaland in a long while.
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by DickDastardly(m): 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
daniel5711:
What abt d horizontal and vertical markets?
Bros you forgot the diagonal and the curve trajectory markets. Suffer don dey become hobby for naija. O lord a mercy! grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by djkirkoo2(m): 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
Fesomu:
Fools will blame buhari for everything..anyways that's why they are called fools sha...ignorant bastards
The same way you fools blamed GEJ on everything and you fools are still blaming him after several months of unfruitful governing. Odé

5 Likes

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
politricks:
The way this Naira is falling it would soon fall in love. Thank God it gained a little.
Hahaha
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
djkirkoo2:
The same way you fools blamed GEJ on everything and you fools are still blaming him after several months of unfruitful governing. Odé

only time will tell a govt without direction and still hv blind praise singer surprises me honestly I must confess

2 Likes

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by AmeLonRo(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
It was not CBN that called it strengthened but a news writer. Whats happening on monday that will make it fall further sir? But this up and down is allowing some guys to make money legitimately!! Better wisen up and see how you can benefit instead of just criticizing up and down grin

Omotolu:
CBN called this "strengthened". Those boys in CBN must be smoking Jamaican weed. Wait till Monday for Nigeria to see the final rest in peace of Naira.
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by cbjonstage(m): 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
Lemon12:
Gain ko !! Gay nii

Akpos jumps from bed and starts shouting "God save me, save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked ask again, were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replied; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again‎ grin grin
Haba Bros, this ur joke no dey get expiring period/date, since last week fah? if i eat rice thrice per day i go tire sef
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by mickey45: 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
China will be in jubilation right now if it could succeed at devaluing her currency to the level ours have fallen lately.

But what could've been a blessing if the "Agbayas" in the Country (Military and Civilian) had the foresight to act in favour of posterity is now ruining people's families.

Even at it's currently low rate to the Dollar, the US keeps throwing jibes at Xi Jinping for not allowing market forces dictate the true value of the yuan.

But our lazy forefathers some of whom are still in position today, failed to plan.

And collective amnesia keeps making the populace subservient to this same people who had the chance to better things but decided to turn the nation's economy South.

How really I would've loved a Soludo/ Enwegbara combo in out finance ministry right now but they didn't partake in "the campaign struggle" nor are they from the majority voters.

Will wait to see what Cards Emefiele and our lady from Ogun state will play and how it all turns out.
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by ohenhen1: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
The official rate is 196N to a $1
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Raymonbell(m): 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
Nigeria can copy cat

#Emefieleeconomics grin
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Soundmind(m): 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
On $1=N1 i stand. Still waiting for that day. APC wake up pls.

1 Like

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by mployer(m): 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
ohenhen1:
The official rate is 196N to a $1

Official or deception rate?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by 2n2k(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
The low thinkers that want to blame GEJ should look at how his administration kept the NGN stable even as the oil prices dove.
That is what good goverance is about. Not once sis GEJ blame anyone or anything he just worked hard to make this country flow.
Change you shouted for is here, you should have been more specfic, cause the change is as negative as they come.

It appears you are the low-thinker here. From the illustration you provided, nigerian brent averaged over $120 for four full years, yet naira did not appreciate, no build up of foreign reserve yet you are touting that as achievement against a govt under whom oil average $40 with no inheritance of substantial foreign reserve.

Compared to achievement of OBJ under whom oil average less than $50 and he was able to pay off our debt, accumulated high forex and excess crude reserves, then GEJ regime was non-starter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by olutunde12(m): 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
nusta:
Still not impressed!

Abi o. They said naira improves to 270 Naira. At the bother yesterday, I was not happY to witness what has happened to my country's currency under buhari. Before you talk now, they will start blaming Jonathan. They keep repeating their campaign promises and propagander. I believe, very soon people will know that buhari may have relied on tunde idiagbon during his previous voyage in power. Oosa boole gbe wa, se wa bo ti ba wa!
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Bitterleafsoup: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
2n2k:

It appears you are the low-thinker here. From the illustration you provided, nigerian brent averaged over $120 for four full years, yet naira did not appreciate, no build up of foreign reserve yet you are touting that as achievement against a govt under whom oil average $40 with no inheritance of substantial foreign reserve.

Compared to achievement of OBJ under whom oil average less than $50 and he was able to pay off our debt, accumulated high forex and excess crude reserves, then GEJ regime was non-starter.
How many projects can you point to during OBJ regime name 20 and I will nake 20 of GEJ?
OBJ paid Paris club but took out a huge debt from World Bank to establish his farm. I can go on with more OBJ atrocites if you want to go there?

1 Like

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by kurt09(m): 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
Buhari said - My pellow Nigerians, I am tirayin beri hard to clear the mess that Fi D Fi has fut this country into in the fast 16years. So filis continue to firay por me, suffort me and firase my good works untill N400 is equibalent to $1.
Copied!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Adesiji77: 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
politricks:

grin grin
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dumphead! It's called 'retracement'. The next move is gonna land at 400/$. The Naira is dead! Do yourself a favour, convert your Naira to assets. Thank me later!

1 Like

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Amanwulu1(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
Fesomu:
Fools will blame buhari for everything..anyways that's why they are called fools sha...ignorant bastards
and d solomons will blame demselves 4 everytin...anyways dat's why they are called solomons sha...knowledgeable ...
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Patotelli(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
Oh, Nigerians what a pity, #Patoranking voice_na so money dey change!!!, if u det abroad u don make am oo.

Buhari!..... Buhari!......... Buhari!!
Abeg hw many times i call am?.
Naaaa waaaa oooo. This na real change indeed.

1 Like

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
270 is not strengthen It's called DOOM
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Diesel1(m): 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
Fesomu:
Who provoked u ? Why are u quarreling ?

1 Like

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
nextstep:

As a former banker, I would like to think he has some idea of how economies work, but unfortunately his hand are tied by his oga, who does not understand macro economics, has never invested and grown his own personal wealth; an oga who wants to micromanage and is unwilling to let his ministers excel at their jobs.

Sad sad sad cry

Bubu has a PHd o!!!!! Thread with caution.
I no know which course he read shaa!! grin grin
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 19, 2015
Fesomu:
A mad fellow detected

1 Like

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by iyaegin: 1:48am On Dec 19, 2015
Can someone please tell the lecturer From CU that the cashless economy is what gives abroad now so his old fable postulation that people coming for the holidays would bring about a reduction in dollar rates is pretty much outlandish since nobody carries that much cash around when you can spend from your debit card the same way we do abroad just that the markup for them would just not be as high as ours.
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by 19naia(m): 2:03am On Dec 19, 2015
The dollar is strengthening and is having an effect on the naira exchange rate as well as exchange rates of currencies around the world. The dollar strengthening is in very small increments so far but it is a steady growth.
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by bokoarerams: 7:23am On Dec 19, 2015
Fesomu:
don't mind them joor, it's Jonathan I blame he did not allow Dr Buhari to make 1 dollar to be 1naira, he used juju to stop him let's just Pastor mere commissioner will help us to destroy d jazz

1 Like

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by ayodele123(m): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2015
repogirl:
Byl January it will become 300 ,make we dey see.

Are you wishing us evil? Why are you making a negative confession? Please be optimistic about Nigeria. It is well with the Nigerian economy.
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by repogirl(f): 7:57am On Dec 19, 2015
ayodele123:

Are you wishing us evil? Why are you making a negative confession? Please be optimistic about Nigeria. It is well with the Nigerian economy.
please lets be quite realistic and truthful to ourselves. If it were up to Nigerians optimism, our country would have even surpassed the United States.

You want us to be optimistic without taking measures that will guard us against any further downfall? Is it magic?

Please for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction... If good action is not taken and you rely on optimism, nothing will change, that is the reality.

1 Like

Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by Revolva(m): 9:15am On Dec 19, 2015
Omo naa wa ooo d only good thing is for people receiving money from abroad....ooo cos d exchange rate go pay us we de recieve moulah from abroad
Re: Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market by tonquendo4u(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2015
Fesomu:
Your stupidity has no measure.U have lost sense beyond repair.Receive brain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. / Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Machines 4 Sale / How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.