Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. (22505 Views)

Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Mrsblizztech: 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
I compiled some rules and regulations on using the atm based on my experience and how you won't be a victim of atm error or fraudsters. You can also add yours
1. Avoid Atms that have bad reputation. If an ATM <Automated Teller Machine> has a bad history like not dispensing cash but your acct. Gets debited, run from it, go to the next one.
2. Avoid Atms that takes for ever to load each button; some atms are so frustrating to the extent that each button you press takes at least two minutes to load. Avoid these atms as they may "eat" your atm card or not dispense cash after several minutes of waiting.
3. Beware of juju(charm) users: after withdrawing your money, never allow anyone to cajole you into helping them withdraw cos they claim they don't know how to use the atm most of them are scammers. A'v seen a situation where a girl came to withdraw 60k from the atm as she was going, a man on the next atm called her to help him withdraw cos he didn't know how to use the atm. After helping the man withdraw, the man thanked her and left. It was until after the man left that she realized the man had calmly removed the money from her hand bag while she was hypnotized. Avoid these people
4.ATM BEGGaRS: they are always at the entrance of where the atm is situated, ready to tell your their life history how they need money to buy jamb form, to treat their relative in the hospital e.t.c Majority of them are Finebaras and Pickpockets.

5.Learn how to use your atm card and atm machine. Don't give your atm card to a stranger to help you withdraw simply because you are way behind on a long queue and the stranger is using the <automated teller machine>presently. The stranger might collect important information on your atm card like the atm card number,name,expiry date and the 3 numbers at the back of the atm card and this are just required to shop online. So in order for you not to be sitting at home planning on what you wanna buy and you getting debit alert which you don't know about, comply with these rules.
Peace out

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Hollawaley(m): 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
Important tho. Lalasticlala do your thing

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Mannylex(m): 7:07am On Jun 06, 2016
Added.

6. Endeavour to use your Bank's ATM- CBN's directive of destroying other banks trapped debit card and sending it to the customer's bank is not funny, even though I know it is done to protect customers and prevent fraud, it's frustrating when I see the real holders of debit card stranded when their card is trapped in another banks ATM, Especially for those who are out of their comfort zone and really want to make withdrawal for urgent purpose.

Also in the case of dispense error, it's easier and faster to resolve and reverse debit error when it involves your bank, compared to another bank.

So except totally necessary use your Card on your Bank's ATM.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by ikbnice(m): 7:07am On Jun 06, 2016
If anyone tries to stay closer to you than normal when using the ATM, look them in the face and politely tell them to excuse you. If you feel intimidately, call the attention of the security agents.
Don't loiter after withdrawing, some people at the ATM points are thieves and pickpockets. Bank is not a place of leisure.
BOTTOMLINE: You can't be too careful ... feel free to alert security personnels if in case of anything unusual and don't always to withdraw at dark hours.

11 Likes

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by kingphilip(m): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2016
Very very important information that should be strictly adhered to by all and sundry

I'll like to add that as much as possible use the bank atm of the card you have in case you have an issue where you were debited but you never got the cash..
It's easier and faster to rectify such in your bank than inter bank which will take a number of days which may run into weeks or even months

If you really feel this write up is informative like this post
May our week be the best we've had this year

13 Likes

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by ednut1(m): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2016
no such tin as atm card. its a debit card. no such as atm machine too. the M in atm is machine cheesy

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by alonzoiv(m): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2016
When you slot your card into the machine, look to your left, righr and left again beffore you input your pin. Avoid shoulder surfers.

3 Likes

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Isoni(m): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2016
Breaking all rules

3 Likes

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by babyfaceafrica: 7:08am On Jun 06, 2016
Nothiing new
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by vickylincon(m): 7:09am On Jun 06, 2016
Lol
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Jorian1(m): 7:09am On Jun 06, 2016
wait. all this istru sha. i remember the two bad experience I had with ATM.
1. I just collected my ATM card and I wanted to change pin and withdraw only for the ATM to start showing me some funny statement and before I could say jack my card was gone, and those olodo in line where busy shouting at me. I just form do like I don withdraw carry my empty hand put for pocket.

2. I went to withdraw money for mum, I withdrew the money, collected receipt and didn't remove the card. chain, before I remember another user try to slot in card, omehn, the machine just seize my card again. I need go blow lie for Mumcy oo.
now if I observe the person trying to withdraw is inexperience I just try to help them sha so they won't make my mistakes

4 Likes

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Oluwafatpet: 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
make sense...... truly
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by sojayy(m): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
Not bad !
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by acunon: 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
Learn how to stop giving your ATM card to your babe grin

5 Likes

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by seunlayi(m): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
How to make your atm to access loan is what I need

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by VocalWalls: 7:11am On Jun 06, 2016
Nice. You tried.
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by DaBullIT(m): 7:11am On Jun 06, 2016
Always cover your pin when pressing , even the camera in the bank can be manipulated to show your card number during insertion and pin

1 Like

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by vinjustice(m): 7:11am On Jun 06, 2016
ori lomo jareh...gat atm machine @our backyard
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by OlujobaSamuel: 7:12am On Jun 06, 2016
not a victim of these. I do avoid all as much as possible, for help in operating the machine, I refer you to security, if none is within reach, I tell you to stand in front of the machine, stay some inches away, then start telling you what to press, I know all what the system can show at each point, so I don't even need to see the screen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by 4ward(m): 7:12am On Jun 06, 2016
u do well smalll
Mrsblizztech:
I compiled some rules and regulations on using the atm based on my experience and how you won't be a victim of atm error or fraudsters. You can also add yours
1. Avoid Atms that have bad reputation. If an ATM <Automated Teller Machine> has a bad history like not dispensing cash but your acct. Gets debited, run from it, go to the next one.
2. Avoid Atms that takes for ever to load each button; some atms are so frustrating to the extent that each button you press takes at least two minutes to load. Avoid these atms as they may "eat" your atm card or not dispense cash after several minutes of waiting.
3. Beware of juju(charm) users: after withdrawing your money, never allow anyone to cajole you into helping them withdraw cos they claim they don't know how to use the atm most of them are scammers. A'v seen a situation where a girl came to withdraw 60k from the atm as she was going, a man on the next atm called her to help him withdraw cos he didn't know how to use the atm. After helping the man withdraw, the man thanked her and left. It was until after the man left that she realized the man had calmly removed the money from her hand bag while she was hypnotized. Avoid these people
4.ATM BEGGaRS: they are always at the entrance of where the atm is situated, ready to tell your their life history how they need money to buy jamb form, to treat their relative in the hospital e.t.c Majority of them are Finebaras and Pickpockets.

5.Learn how to use your atm card and atm machine. Don't give your atm card to a stranger to help you withdraw simply because you are way behind on a long queue and the stranger is using the <automated teller machine>presently. The stranger might collect important information on your atm card like the atm card number,name,expiry date and the 3 numbers at the back of the atm card and this are just required to shop online. So in order for you not to be sitting at home planning on what you wanna buy and you getting debit alert which you don't know about, comply with these rules.
Peace out
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by serverconnect(m): 7:12am On Jun 06, 2016
let me adhere
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Sexytemi(f): 7:12am On Jun 06, 2016
ook
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Justicealh3(m): 7:12am On Jun 06, 2016
Thanks....

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by pennytration(m): 7:12am On Jun 06, 2016
Even if u like know all d numbers on my ATM card..., without my pin, u cant do nothing...
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by MyParadise(m): 7:13am On Jun 06, 2016
thanks
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by oladam23(m): 7:13am On Jun 06, 2016
Ok ooooo, we don hear you.....
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Obiohai: 7:14am On Jun 06, 2016
No 5 makes more sense
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Youngetskilz23(m): 7:15am On Jun 06, 2016
dont keep your debit card with keys or metals.. this is what makes the card to show card not smart when inserted in the ATM.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by Mrbigman1(m): 7:15am On Jun 06, 2016
Am suffering same fate.

Please someone should tell UBA nigeria to return my money.

I have filled form, sent mail, it's exactly one month now and they are still taking it likely.

I made a withdrawal of 20k in a Zenith back atm at PTI road warri and I was debited without pay. Since 13th of may 2016 at about 19:00 hours.

I waited 24 hours for an auto refund, nothing happened, I went to fill a form at UBA in front of PTI school gate on the 15th, I returned after 7 working day, they told me dat dey need to re-Initiate the form again that I should come back after another 7 working day which is on the 20th of june 2016 or there about.

Someone should help me broadcast this even on twitter, it could help me cos I have sent mail, no acknowledgement. If it was Diamond back, they acknowledge your mail and you get a reply next day.

It's a card account
Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by CountDracula(m): 7:15am On Jun 06, 2016
6. Don't withdraw all d money because u have it, let others too hve smthng to witdraw biko, in my sch some infidels will come all d way from outside d sch and witdraw from our atm, if u are behind dem u go jus dey vex, dey wil witdraw 20k, anoda 20k, anoda 20k, by d tym dey are done u dt u wanna witdrw 1k go jus see "temporarily unable to dispense cash"

7 Likes

Re: Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. by tolexy007(m): 7:16am On Jun 06, 2016
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Machines 4 Sale / Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ / Oil Prices Hit Highest Levels Since 2015 Amid Tightening Markets, Saudi Purge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.