Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,646 members, 7,820,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? (1154 Views)

Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. / Please Help, I'm Growing Bald At 23 / Stomach Ache For 3yrs Old, What Could Be The Cause? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by kingcypress: 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
Little information about me:
1. I'm a male

2. I'm 28years old

3. My height is 5'8"

4. My weight is 55kg

5. No history of HBP in my family (my dad and mum are OK)

6. I don't have any other medical issue apart from this.

7. I hardly exercise

8. My BP has been between 150/90 to 160/100 for the past 3years

9. I have seen a Cardiologist and I'm currently on drugs

10. How long will I be on medications?

Thanks in advance for your helpful comments
Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by adonbilivit: 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
lalasticlala isn't this guy the youngest HBP patient u know? God heal u ASAP

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by Trunaijian: 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
Forget about that gal and move on.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by FabioPeter: 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
You have done the proper thing by consulting the cardiologist. What you should do in your next visit is ask how long you have to remain on drugs and of course lifestyle alternative.
Most importantly, pray about it and exercise you faith. God heals.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by kingcypress: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
FabioPeter:
You have done the proper thing by consulting the cardiologist. What you should do in your next visit is ask how long you have to remain on drugs and of course lifestyle alternative.
Most importantly, pray about it and exercise you faith. God heals.
Waw!!! God bless you
Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by kingcypress: 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
Trunaijian:
Forget about that gal and move on.
Woman? na!!! I have better things.... Actually they are important but I have more important things.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by Ezerbullet(m): 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
op as from now on, don't let other people matters bother u.. worry about yourself

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by kingcypress: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ezerbullet:
op as from now on, don't let other people matters bother u.. worry about yourself

Thank you. Even the the worrying about myself will be at a very low level.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by Askseek(f): 3:20am On Dec 19, 2015
kingcypress:
1. I'm a male

2. I'm 28years old

3. My height is 5'8"

4. My weight is 55kg

7. I hardly exercise

If you are already on medication and your BP still hovers around 150/90 to 160/100, these medicines are not working and need to be reevaluated. If your doctor has not taken this step yet then you should by talking to him about it. Also when you say no family history of hypertension how sure are you. That your parents don't have this diagnosis does not mean you have zero family history of hypertension. How about your relatives, aunts, uncles, grandparents. You should do a thorough family history background first. Another thing is to take one day at a time. Take your medicine and don't think of when you will stop, you just might need to take anti hypertensive meds for the rest of your life to control your BP. It's not the end of the world. Don't be checking your BP frantically all the time, you'll simply worry yourself and your BP will definitely rise. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by azat: 6:36am On Dec 19, 2015
kingcypress:

7. I hardly exercise

Nairaland wont give you better help than your cardiologist. I am sure you hve not exhausted all the tests he requested: Echocardiography, Ecg, hormone tests and tests for pheochromocytoma. They are expensive, but no easier way around getting your answers.

Hypertension at your age usually signifies hidden other medical issues

Exercise more.

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by kingcypress: 6:36am On Dec 19, 2015
Askseek:

If you are already on medication and your BP still hovers around 150/90 to 160/100, these medicines are not working and need to be reevaluated. If your doctor has not taken this step yet then you should by talking to him about it. Also when you say no family history of hypertension how sure are you. That your parents don't have this diagnosis does not mean you have zero family history of hypertension. How about your relatives, aunts, uncles, grandparents. You should do a thorough family history background first. Another thing is to take one day at a time. Take your medicine and don't think of when you will stop, you just might need to take anti hypertensive meds for the rest of your life to control your BP. It's not the end of the world. Don't be checking your BP frantically all the time, you'll simply worry yourself and your BP will definitely rise. Good luck
Very helpful. Thank you
Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by kingcypress: 6:59am On Dec 19, 2015
azat:
Nairaland wont give you better help than your cardiologist. I am sure you hve not exhausted all the tests he requested: Echocardiography, Ecg, hormone tests and tests for pheochromocytoma. They are expensive, but no easier way around getting your answers.

Hypertension at your age usually signifies hidden other medical issues

Exercise more.
Presently I'm not financially buoyant to carry out any of the aforementioned test. I started using drugs 3 months ago
Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by obua: 11:08am On Dec 19, 2015
You are underweight and that might be caused by kidney or thyroid or digestive issues
Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by Futarian: 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
try eating more of raw garlic. three times a day for a week. see the diff after a week. also remember to eat good food and eat well while doing this for a week

1 Like

Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by blessedtwins: 12:05am On Jan 04, 2016
Eliminate fat and oil from your diet,eat less salt,take cooking and calming foods like water melon,banana,cucumber ,green veggies and lots of water.
Pray
Do a comprehensive check on your kidneys.
Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by porshuch: 1:20am On Jan 04, 2016
kingcypress:
1. I'm a male

2. I'm 28years old

3. My height is 5'8"

4. My weight is 55kg

7. I hardly exercise

PLS GO AND CHECK YOUR KIDNEYS
Re: Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? by MoonChildng: 7:26am On Jan 04, 2016
I was hypertensive too,as a matter of fact my Bp at some point was 200/95

And the doctor was going to place me on some chalk(drugs)

That was how my foray into natural medicine began

As at checking it this morning for this post it is 115/81

Pm me let's talk,my products are authentic and inexpensive

Even though you can't go off your drugs immediately cos they have been programmed to have adverse effect if you do ,you will be able to pan it out in time

kingcypress:
1. I'm a male

2. I'm 28years old

3. My height is 5'8"

4. My weight is 55kg

7. I hardly exercise

(1) (Reply)

Fructose Alters Hundreds Of Brain Genes, Leading To A Wide Range Of Diseases / U.S Based Anambra Doctor Constructs Mega Hospital Complex In Home Community / Affilorama, My Best Alternative To Wealthy Affiliate For Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.