Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. (63908 Views)

I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed / Violet J: My Breasts Are Too Heavy, My Bra Size Not In Market, I Need Surgery" / ‘next Time, Let Me Die’ - Man To Guy Who Gave Him Mouth To Mouth Resuscitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by Mlazer: 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hey people. For the past four years, I seem to had a case of man boobs, it was quite small, however for the past four months, it seems to be growing bigger. If I was an obese person, I wouldn't worry too much about it but I am a lean person.

Its become very difficult to take my shirt off. Haven't even been to a doctor. I've done my research and the only way to eliminate is through surgery. Nothing about nigeria comes up in my search result and I'm beginning to thibk that it is not possible to get the surgery in Nigeria.
If it is, how much does it cost. Doctors in the houee and people who have had the surgery done on them, advice is needed.

Haven't been to the swimming pool in about 3 years. That bad

18 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by LifeIsGuhd(f): 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2017
shocked

Hmmm... add a photo... grin

Lalasticlala mynd44, someone needs help

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by Olachase(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pictures first before I tell you what to do

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
you left the whole thing to be critical, when you notice that why didn't you visit the hospital for a way forward

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by omocalabar(m): 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
Man boobs....start lifting weight,..boobs will gradually turn to muscles

245 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by Dc4life(m): 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
Bro you're suffering from gynecomastia (Mans Boob)
It could be due to aging or hormone imbalances (which also shifts hormone levels) or because of certain medicines, including some: Antibiotics, Heart medicines, Anti-anxiety drugs.

12 Likes

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by ibnzubair(m): 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hi! Well first of all, the internet is not a hospital and you cannot get a definitive diagnosis based on one symptom. Not around here

Now, your condition, I'll call it symptom could be as a result of very many causes and in our environment, the commonest being liver cirrhosis and certain drugs I'll rather not mention for those others reading this.

Now, the principle of treatment is to treat the cause. My advice would be, see a doctor for evaluation and diagnosis. And he'll give you your treatment options.

Peace

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by banom(m): 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
attach pics

3 Likes

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by thickminaj(f): 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
embarassed embarassed u shuld see a doctor this is basically just gynecomastia hormone... There's a hospital in Lagos that carry out lots of surgical procedures Including liposuction... Grandville medical and laser.. All the best

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by lovelylad: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
This one just weak me lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by elgramz: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
In Reekado's voice..... Your problem dey for your chest o........ Baby own that..... Own those boobs and flaunt them

2 Likes

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by GeeString: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
Nairalanders are wicked.

See them asking for pics instead of helping out. grin

Oboy, if you make that mistake, your name na sorry.

They'll meme the pic in a heartbeat.

117 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by danthamccoy(m): 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
Could be as a result of high estrogen levels. Get your blood work done and go see a doctor. Don't take my word for it but it could be caused by hormonal imbalances and pushing up your testosterone levels may do the trick.
Lift weights, stay off soy, be more active, get testosterone supplements (not steroids) etc. Google. But follow my advice at the top first.

15 Likes

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by AxxeMan: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
Enlarged breasts in men (gynecomastia)

(gynecomastia)
Enlarged breasts in men (gynecomastia)
Gynecomastia (guy-nuh-koh-MAS-tee-uh) is swelling of the breast tissue in boys or men, caused by an imbalance of the hormones estrogen and testosterone. Gynecomastia can affect one or both breasts, sometimes unevenly. Newborns, boys going through puberty and older men may develop gynecomastia as a result of normal changes in hormone levels, though other causes also exist.

Generally, gynecomastia isn't a serious problem, but it can be tough to cope with the condition. Men and boys with gynecomastia sometimes have pain in their breasts and may feel embarrassed.

Gynecomastia may go away on its own. If it persists, medication or surgery may help.

Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of gynecomastia include:

Swollen breast gland tissue
Breast tenderness
When to see a doctor

See your doctor if you have:

Swelling
Pain
Tenderness
Nipple discharge in one or both breasts
Request an Appointment at Mayo Clinic
Causes
Gynecomastia is triggered by a decrease in the amount of the hormone testosterone compared with estrogen. The cause of this decrease can be conditions that block the effects of or reduce testosterone or a condition that increases your estrogen level. Several things can upset the hormone balance, including the following.

Natural hormone changes

The hormones testosterone and estrogen control the development and maintenance of sex characteristics in both men and women. Testosterone controls male traits, such as muscle mass and body hair. Estrogen controls female traits, including the growth of breasts.

Most people think of estrogen as an exclusively female hormone, but men also produce it — though normally in small quantities. However, male estrogen levels that are too high or are out of balance with testosterone levels can cause gynecomastia.

Gynecomastia in infants. More than half of male infants are born with enlarged breasts due to the effects of their mother's estrogen. Generally, the swollen breast tissue goes away within two to three weeks after birth.
Gynecomastia during puberty. Gynecomastia caused by hormone changes during puberty is relatively common. In most cases, the swollen breast tissue will go away without treatment within six months to two years.
Gynecomastia in men. The prevalence of gynecomastia peaks again between the ages of 50 and 69. At least 1 in 4 men in this age group are affected.
Medications

A number of medications can cause gynecomastia. These include:

Anti-androgens used to treat prostate enlargement, prostate cancer and some other conditions. Examples include flutamide, finasteride (Proscar, Propecia) and spironolactone (Aldactone).
Anabolic steroids and androgens.
AIDS medications. Gynecomastia can develop in HIV-positive men who are receiving a treatment regimen called highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). Efavirenz (Sustiva) is more commonly associated with gynecomastia than are other HIV medications.
Anti-anxiety medications, such as diazepam (Valium).
Tricyclic antidepressants.
Antibiotics.
Ulcer medications, such as cimetidine (Tagamet HB).
Cancer treatment (chemotherapy).
Heart medications, such as digoxin (Lanoxin) and calcium channel blockers.
Gastric motility medications, such as metoclopramide (Reglan).
Street drugs and alcohol

Substances that can cause gynecomastia include:

Alcohol
Amphetamines
Marijuana
Heroin
Methadone
Health conditions

Several health conditions can cause gynecomastia by affecting the normal balance of hormones. These include:

Hypogonadism. Any of the conditions that interfere with normal testosterone production, such as Klinefelter's syndrome or pituitary insufficiency, can be associated with gynecomastia.
Aging. Hormone changes that occur with normal aging can cause gynecomastia, especially in men who are overweight.
Tumors. Some tumors, such as those involving the testes, adrenal glands or pituitary gland, can produce hormones that alter the male-female hormone balance.
Hyperthyroidism. In this condition, the thyroid gland produces too much of the hormone thyroxine.
Kidney failure. About half the people being treated with regular hemodialysis experience gynecomastia due to hormonal changes.
Liver failure and cirrhosis. Hormonal fluctuations related to liver problems as well as medications taken for cirrhosis are associated with gynecomastia.
Malnutrition and starvation. When your body is deprived of adequate nutrition, testosterone levels drop, but estrogen levels remain constant, causing a hormonal imbalance. Gynecomastia can also occur once normal nutrition resumes.
Herbal products

Plant oils, such as tea tree or lavender, used in shampoos, soaps or lotions have been associated with gynecomastia. This is probably due to their weak estrogenic activity.

Risk factors
Risk factors for gynecomastia include:

Adolescence
Older age
Use of anabolic steroids or androgens to enhance athletic performance
Certain health conditions, including liver and kidney disease, thyroid disease, hormonally active tumors, and Klinefelter's syndrome
Complications
Gynecomastia has few physical complications, but it can cause psychological or emotional problems caused by appearance.

Prevention
There are a few factors you can control that may reduce the risk of gynecomastia:

Don't use illegal drugs. Examples include steroids and androgens, amphetamines, heroin, and marijuana.
Avoid alcohol. Don't drink alcohol, or drink in moderation.
Review your medications. If you're taking medication known to cause gynecomastia

I Hope This Helps! Cheers!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by Heywhizzy(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
So you dey forbid breast.. I think say all men love boobs na

This is your perfect natural opportunity to give bobrisky a run for his money

more seriously, this is a symptom of the rare case of male breast cancer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by Anney272(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Dem don suck ur boobs spiritually

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by doctorexcel: 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
The first thing is to visit an hospital to get professional help

2 Likes

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by engrMikemd(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
pinshure or adonbilit

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by b3llo(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pics or I don't believe it!

2 Likes

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by donblade85555(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Like seriously u have not visited a doctor?

I will advice you to see a doctor first, we should not play with natters consigning our health, please see a doctor as soon as possible.

And how big are the boobs? are they as large as that of a female? If yes, then I think surgery Will be the only way. I just pray its not what I think it is

anyway for funny jokes and riddles that will make you laugh like a mad man in the making. visit www.laughkillme.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by Godswillnwaoma(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
hormones imbalance
Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
pictures or .......
Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by Darkseid(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pictures of your bobbee or no advice.

2 Likes

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by millionboi2: 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hormonal inbalance .,......you need gym not to reduce ur breast size poo but to get it fit with your heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by seunny4lif(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pics please

You need medical help now
Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by bughead: 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mlazer:
Hey people. For the past four years, I seem to had a case of man boobs, it was quite small, however for the past four months, it seems to be growing bigger. If I was an obese person, I wouldn't worry too much about it but I am a lean person.

Its become very difficult to take my shirt off. Haven't even been to a doctor. I've done my research and the only way to eliminate is through surgery. Nothing about nigeria comes up in my search result and I'm beginning to thibk that it is not possible to get the surgery in Nigeria.
If it is, how much does it cost. Doctors in the houee and people who have had the surgery done on them, advice is needed.

Haven't been to the swimming pool in about 3 years. That bad
pics or I don't believe undecided

4 Likes

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by lyterydim(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hit the gym bro...
Bench press gonna do the magic

3 Likes

Re: Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. by IniwavesCME(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
Where is the pishur jor

Tired Of Being Broke? Find out How To MAKE UP TO 4000$ IN 3 MONTHS ==> http://yoineer.com/4KTe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14 Body Parts You Often Damage But Ignore By First Doctor (Photo) / How Push Up Bras Cause Breast Cancer In Ladies (Photos) / Lose Your Stomach Fat- 5 Tips To Have Flat Stomach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.