Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Prayer For Nigeria In Distress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prayer For Nigeria In Distress (2918 Views)

You May Just Need To Say A Prayer For President Buhari After Seeing This Before / The Ijaws - A Nation In Distress / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MizMyColi(f): 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2015

Even though I don't believe in APC and Buhari, even though I have no belief in any naija politician, I will do well to pray for them.
Nigeria cannot afford to sink. Na we e go pain pass.

Dear God,
Send us leaders who not only care for their pockets, but also care for our own pockets too.
Give us leaders who are epitomes of Selflessness.
Unite us in sincerity and purpose.
Remove from us every garment of hate and division.
Inspire us, Inspire our leaders, especially in the coming year.

Let every evil report be dispelled now.
Let peace reign, let harmony reign, in every nook and cranny.

Though, I never believed that some girls were truly kidnapped, but if they are, dear Abba, if they are truly out there, hapless, and in need of rescue....Do something.
Do something Abba.

Never in my existence as a Nigerian has so much gloom been cast on a coming year.
I am guilty of this myself.

But tonight, I speak hope and I speak life.
Where I once saw business failures and an ailing economy....I see and I speak prosperity, abundance and flourishing.

I believe in the power of the divine, and I know that as many who believe this in all sincerity, for their sake, our faith will yield a lot more.

Oh God, no matter how worse things may seem henceforth, help us all to stay focused and confess positively.

No matter how crassly annoying our leaders in all sphere may become, help us to overcome hate, bitterness and brazen antagonism and pray for them.
Dear Father, this part won't be easy o.
But your sovereign hand remains our guide.

I thank you.
We thank you.
In our polity and personal lives, things can only get better, Amen.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by eleojo23: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
I believe in the power of prayer and faith. But theoretical faith is of no use.
Most times we want God to
do things for us that we can do and should do for ourselves. That is a big
mistake, and it will not work. God has given us intellect. If God did not want us to use our heads then he would have created us without brains. God is not going to come down to do things for us. God is a spirit and he will not work on earth unless through men. But when men only know how to pray and are not ready for action, what will get done? The answer is a no-brainer. The earlier we understand this, the better for us as a country.

I believe that God has already given Nigeria all that she needs to be a prosperous nation. The problem is that we are just not using the resources properly and until we realise that, no amount of prayer will help us.
In fact, if there is any prayer we should pray, it is that God should help us come to our senses as a country so that we can begin to put our brains and the resources that he has given us into good use.

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by kingofchess(m): 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
ok
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by Tallesty1(m): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
gringringringringrin
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by baralatie(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
smiley and Jesus said to the Storm "let there be peace!" and there was peace same from me from heart "Nigeria let there be peace and prosperity" in Jesus name amen!!!!

a merry Christmas and a glory to glorious new year 2016!

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MISSNORA(f): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
We need it
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Smh. Be like this God deaf. Abi prayer and suffering be like music for im ear?

Before yoi quote me to curse me to hell(which I'm a proud candidate if the nonsenze exists)... think..
What if you had God's power, the ability to create, do and undo.. what would stop you from saving Nigeria?

Stop praying. It's a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by ToyinDipo(m): 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
MISSNORA:
We need it

Nora and her three word sentences
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by EbukaFran: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
In my opinion, the 'prayer' should be personalized

A society is made up of individual units and families. What is your contribution to the growth of Nigeria? What are you doing to ensure that Nigeria and Nigerians are corruption free? What efforts are you making to foster sustainable development?

Prayers have been ongoing since 1960 and it is not working! How can it work when the same people praying condone the acts of the wicked citing ideological and personal reasons?

Nigeria does not need prayers, what the country requires is a change in attitude and mindset. No amount of prayers will stop stealing and corruption. It will not stop all the social vices tormenting the nation.

A change in attitude and ideology is more important and relevant.

6 Likes

Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by ShakurM(m): 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
undecided

Btw, call him what you want but I like this sonofLucifer's open minded comments on certain issues.

Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MizMyColi(f): 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
angry
sonOfLucifer:
Smh. Be like this God deaf. Abi prayer and suffering be like music for im ear?

Before yoi quote me to curse me to hell(which I'm a proud candidate if the nonsenze exists)... think..
What if you had God's power, the ability to create, do and undo.. what would stop you from saving Nigeria?

Stop praying. It's a waste of time.
angry
Stop desecrating my thread.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MizMyColi(f): 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
EbukaFran:
lollll

I know you are here to display silliness....
Make I dey look you shagrin
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
MizMyColi:
angry angry
Stop desecrating my thread.
Nwiyem, if your God loves truth, he also would like and share my post. If Naija prayer na email, e dey God spam box. Na only us dey this world... even Satan walks into Nigeria and shouts 'tufiakwa' when he sees the wickedness and hardship that is 'existence' for the average Nigerian...

you know things are really bad in Nigeria when Pastors open service with 'your neigjbor was shot yesterday, people died in road accidents, some slept and didn' t wake up, but thank God you are alive"... even the dogs on the street can say that same prayer.

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MizMyColi(f): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
See them.
TupacShakur, abi ShakurM

Pfffffftttttttttttt.
Stop desecrating my thread angry
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
This girl don come again.

Cc : IyaIode

1 Like

Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MizMyColi(f): 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Nwiyem, if your God loves truth, he also would like and share my post. If Naija prayer na email, e dey God spam box. Na only us dey this world... even Satan walks into Nigeria and shouts 'tufiakwa' when he sees the wickedness and hardship that is 'existence' for the average Nigerian...

you know things are really bad in Nigeria when Pastors open service with 'your neigjbor was shot yesterday, people died in road accidents, some slept and didn' t wake up, but thank God you are alive"... even the dogs on the street can say that same prayer.

You know me....more than lotsa folks on here do.
You know my stance on certain issues that bother on the divine.

I believe that there are powers and unfathomable beings beyond this realm.
I am invoking them for the sake of this country.
Exiokwu.
I want to say more, but I fear the thread will turn philosophical.

All the same, just play along and stop desecrating my thread o o o oembarassed
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MISSNORA(f): 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
ToyinDipo:

Nora and her three word sentences
lolzzz I keep it short n simple
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MizMyColi(f): 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Omenkata:
[s]

grin

trash trash trash

all i pray for bullharry and apc is doom

May they never see they never see the light of day
btw

Where is omenka sef

Heu.
Men are angry o o.
But you know it will be worse on us right?
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

You know me....more than lotsa folks on here do.
You know my stance on certain issues that bother on the divine.

I believe that there are powers and unfathomable beings beyond this realm.
I am invoking them for the sake of this country.
Exiokwu.
I want to say more, but I fear the thread will turn philosophical.

All the same, just play along and stop desecrating my thread o o o oembarassed
It's cool. Amen to your prayers. We all hope for the best for this country.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by Omenkata: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
[s]
IdisuleOurOwn:

CC : MrMbaM, subway101, codedslayer, Emiratus856, IheabunikeChuks, ChukuAbiama, okolochyke and Ebukafran.
[/s]

this is already stale tongue

try something new
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by ToyinDipo(m): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
MISSNORA:
lolzzz I keep it short n simple

I find it intriguing.
Your keyboards will definitely appreciate you for that
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MizMyColi(f): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

CC : MrMbaM, subway101, codedslayer, Emiratus856, IheabunikeChuks, ChukuAbiama, okolochyke and Ebukafran.

Hey!
Watch it!
He mentioned me and I'm not complaining.

Do not derail my thread by mentioning the Trolls.

Cc: Obinoscopy Lalasticlala
This dude is trying to cause rancour here.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by MizMyColi(f): 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

It's cool. Amen to your prayers. We all hope for the best for this country.

Exactly, now if expressing that hope means praying in the basic way I was taught, then why not?
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
Omenkata:
[s]
grin
trash trash trash
all i pray for bullharry and apc is doom
May they never see the light of the day iseeee!!!
may they not know peace iseeeee!!!
may bokoharam kill every high ranked officer so that the pure innocent pretty young promising girl they wasted recently rest in peace iseeeeeee!!!
may bullharry never rule a united Nigeria iseeeeee!!!
may apc get what they wish for Gej iseeeee!!!
let all of them burn to ashes and rest in hades Insha'Allah amin angry
btw
Where is omenka sef

Where is igrigi1, OperationIgrigi, IgrigiHulercus, IgrigiEOD and igrigiKillAndGo sef
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by fistonati(m): 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
And what's the distress number's to call?? Text APC to 419
Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Exactly, now if expressing that hope means praying in the basic way I was taught, then why not?
Because Prayer solves nothing. And the evidence is right before us. How has praying made Nigeria better? Someone will say it would have been worse if we had not prayed? Really, how bad can things possibly get... The Average Nigerian still considers stable electricity a blessing, a piece of heaven.
Countries are building spaceships and thinking of going to Mars, Nigerians are searching for free browsing cheats and waiting for rapture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plunging Naira :don't Blame The Fg...... Blame Yourselves! / Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State / The Rise And Fall Of Boko Haram. (pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.