Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship (24129 Views)

Naira Gains On Better Than Expected Economic Growth / This Is What N100 Broom In Ondo Looks Like. The Hardship Is Real / How Goverment Plans To Ease Hardship, By CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by nabiz(m): 9:35am On Dec 19, 2015
How To Survive In Next Year (2016)expected Economic Hardship

It has been predicted that Nigeria may experience economic difficulties in 2016. I want economist in the house to pls come in and recommend what the poor and an average man can do to survive. Bellow is my recommendation:

(1) If you are an entrepreneur, invest in the area of basic need. E.g food, shelter, transportation, etc. Reduce ur investment in the areas of luxury goods. Even our big men will be affected because their dependency ratio will increase as a result of high unemployment rate. So if your job is still intact, don't re joys because many is going to depend on u to survive.

(2) Pay attention to DIY which means ''do it yourself'' you must not buy everything. You can provide some of ur basic need by urself. Do u know with little or no money you can provide for urself an orchard where u can have vegetable farm in your yard, do u know you can provide ur chicken, and so on. Before u buy any product or services, ask urself can I provide it for myself considering time and cost. My advice: do not buy what u can provide for yourself.

(3)Learn from the ant. It is know that the ant save during the dry season to eat during the rainy season. Reduce your spending. Pay more attention to ur basic need. Now is the best time to bring out pain and paper. Write down what u thing you need next year. Don't be carried away by Christmas song. Store or make a provision for food first, next is house rent but if u can pack in in your uncompleted building with little additional cost, pls do. Budget for ur transportation. If you have a private car, u can pick while going to work and when coming back to reduce your monthly fuel and maintenance cost, but do it wisely. Consider families and friend who will likely depend on u. Off ur appliances when u are not using them to reduce the cost of nepa bill, cut down your spending like partying and drinking.

(2) Start a home business with what u have: u can sell through ur window. If u have a home use deep freezer, load it with either iced block, cold drink, pure water, or even chicken and turkey, the profit can at least pay ur nepa bill. As earlier said, if u have a private car, pick to reduce monthly fuel and maintenance cost. If u ar unemployed or u are sacked from job, pls just inter ur house now. Look around. What do u see? Think about how you can convert ur property to business tools or equipment. U can use ur generator to charge phone for people in the night while it will still serve ur house. Ur can us ur television to start a game house, ur laptop can do online business, even ur phone is an assets.

(1) I may be wrong but I thing anything export is the best for now. Either good or service can be exported. Any business u do that u ar paid in dollar is the best for now. I think is this the little I have to offer. Note: there is also possibility of national crises in some state like kaduna. So u also need to make financial and security provision for that. Pls u can add ur own. It is not going to be easy, but God will see us through.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by signz: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2015
Moderators, this needs to be on the front page.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by lonzo(m): 10:39am On Dec 19, 2015
My Brother don't mean to drag you back or derail your post. But all these things have been foretold in the Bible about the last days. Nothing will change all these but I will advice your preach Jesus Christ to them than all these man made councils. Brother it is coming to an end I guess in the 2000s the technological era everyone taught strife would never come but here it is. The time is now. Jesup is coming again. Please listen to clarion call of salvation. Hold fast to the gospel because that's the only saving Power. Thanks

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by nabiz(m): 10:53am On Dec 19, 2015
lonzo:
My Brother don't mean to drag you back or derail your post. But all these things have been foretold in the Bible about the last days. Nothing will change all these but I will advice your preach Jesus Christ to them than all these man made councils. Brother it is coming to an end I guess in the 2000s the technological era everyone taught strife would never come but here it is. The time is now. Jesup is coming again. Please listen to clarion call of salvation. Hold fast to the gospel because that's the only saving Power. Thanks
yes my brother u are very very correct. All this has been prophesied by the bible and still the bible thought us how to save for the rainy day. Through God, Joseph had a dream about d food scarcity that will happen in Egypt. I think the reason of that dream was to save soul. It is good to seek God first in everything we do and he will never forsake us in time of trouble of which am a living testimony. Thanks for that wonderful contribution

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by REDBULL1(m): 10:55am On Dec 19, 2015
Wonderful piece op. I was telling some1 that this is the best time to earn in dollars.
I don't mean to be pessimistic but the first 6 months of 2016 won't be funny.

lalasticlala
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Trunaijian: 11:09am On Dec 19, 2015
Nice one. I like the "luxury goods" part. Its a major problem for Nigerians. I and my family just had an early morning meeting about plans to generate more income next year. We all need to tell ourselves the truth, we must work harder next year to maintain our living standards.

11 Likes

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Firefire(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2015
you see...

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by nedz(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2015
If cares' not taken, this country/government will get the biblical message...mene mene tekel upharsin embarassed

Mene: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.
Tekel: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.
upharsin: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians” (Daniel 5:26–28). cry

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Joejonah(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2015
I lost hope in this administration when I saw that all their plans is to fight corruption.

No agenda...
No policy....
No plans... .
No management skill...

All we hear is fight, fight, fight.....

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Demmocrats(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2015
"And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them" Deuteronomy 28:13

I only trust in God to see me through.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Lordtrillion(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by sandrajazmin(f): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
The end is near
Goan read ur Bible.
Its not fed Govts fault.
Evn the Bible says in the end time,
There shall be hardship n famine
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
Just use common sense, end of.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by sleekkid2015: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
Ok
OMG ! Lagos Big Boy Runs Mad; Jumps Out of His Range Rover and Tears Clothes (Yahoo Plus?) SEEP photos @http://www.musbizubeat.com/2015/12/20129/
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by kingstylo01(m): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
thumbs up op... I so much like your points... if only we can learn how to cut down our expenses and learn to save when there is plenty, we will hardly fall into financial difficulties..
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Sijo01(f): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
Go to any Hausa quarter and shout 'sai Buhari' dem go begin dash you food.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by bright007(f): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
ok
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Ademat7(m): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
nice insight OP
menial job should not be overlooked cos at least they make person busy instead of being idle.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by lonelydora: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
God please save my family from the forecasted hardship. May it not come to pass in this "CHANGE" regime in .....(fill in your God) Name. Amen/Amin
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by DirtyGold: 11:30am On Dec 19, 2015
Wise tips, may God make it easy for us.

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by ogawisdom(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2015
angry do this Christmas on a very low key, make a budget n stick to it.

As for 2016 u have to increase ur sources of income n cut off all avenues of wastes esp drinking, womanizing etc focus on d basis food, shelter, transport n health

Let ur budget determine ur appetite n spending pattern

Eating three times a day is a luxury start learning hw to survive on two meals daily angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by tr3y(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2015
All is well
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Adwexky(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2015
SAVE MORE PERCENT OF YOUR INCOME & INVEST WISELY...

CHECK THIS OFFER OUT: https://www.nairaland.com/2811237/fairly-used-blackberry-q5-going
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by biafranqueen: 11:31am On Dec 19, 2015
Well done Op!
The change is real!
I suggest you make plans for the next 4 years because this administration has no plans to create jobs, help the poor and youths and is even doing all they can to frustrate traders and people in big business, so expect more loss of jobs. Here are some more tips.

1. Learn how to do natural hair, because it is going to be hard for them bae's to afford Brazilian one.
2. Partner with your people in the village to start farming, and selling fresh produce. Hunger is already visiting some people, and don't expect those free lunches as promised to the schools during elections.
3. Learn bike repair cause when they cut fuel subsidy the prices will sky rocket, and people go start biking again.
4. Learn shoe repair cause lots of people will be trekking. While fuel prices go up so will public transportation.

16 Likes

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by bettercreature(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2015
Look for a way to start earning us$

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by omeke12(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2015
a
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by omeke12(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2015
what did we get ourselves into

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2015
No thanks to all those people yelling change. Nigerians are reaping it.

Very soon those paid goons who will not feel a pinch will come here to attack and defend them.

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by bqlekan(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2015
wow! thanks for this write-up. don't forget to pray too

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by ZUBY77(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2015
Seriously?
Are we that neck deep into the mess already?
Gawd.

We always survive anyway. We will survive this scam.

4 Likes

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by miqos02(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2015
nice
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Megatone(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2015
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Manage Money As A Nigerian In Your 20s / Why Are Nigerians So Quick To Accept Inflation? / Oil price rises as uncertainty over Nigeria elections, Venezuela tension mounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.