Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Working In Abuja Vs Lagos - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Working In Abuja Vs Lagos (25596 Views)

Vulcanizer Dies After Tyre Explodes While Working In His Workshop.Graphic Photos / Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt / Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by AmakaDNBStories(f): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
OP, talk true, you have issues with your girl in Abj and you resigned and ran back home.
Now you guys have settled and you want to run back again.
Hmmmmmm.
Hmmmmm.
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by IbrahimEazi(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by livinbygrace: 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
Lasgidi is better
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by danduchi(m): 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
You're lucky
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by AreaFada2: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
Look 5 years or so ahead. You must be approaching 28 to 30 now.

Where do you want to be? Starting a family? Cost of living?

Where will your private business thrive in the future?

These are more will help you decide.

Short term, you need good income to save towards your business.

As uncomfortable as parents' house maybe, it's the best place to save money. Short term at least.

4 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by dechandel(f): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Abuja babes done give am love portion
If that's the case, sorry to say but he may not be able to make it in this life eeh, in Abuja most especially!! grin grin grin
Cause Abj babes are career killers!!! grin
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2015
indecision is a very big problem
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
Truth is you will hardly enjoy Lagos if you have lived in Abuja (Personal Experience) I lived in Ikoyi and Work in VI the Crowd and pattern of Lagos is just a bit too much for a former Abuja base Bachelor (I know about the gardens, the Parks,clubs, Wuse2 strolls, the Security and serenity etc) Come back to Abuja that is where you belong. unless of course you used to stay in Marraba while in Abuja in that case continue in Lagos. all the best

3 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by torddy4u(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
chccho:
Hello peeps, I just wanted to share a Little bit of what my experience has been so far.

I was based in Abj for a while and stayed there for about 5yrs until I got tired and frustrated with my job and resigned last year. I was supposed to get paid my final entitlements which was a large chunk of money unfortunately till now as i speak the company didnt pay. My plan was to use the the proceeds from my final entitlement to start up my own biz Then I came back to lag, started hustling again, had to move back to family house and live with my parents again..its was really rough .till this year when I was lucky to get another job here in Lagos.. I can't lie the job has been ok, very close to my house and we are not really busy so I just they chill and collect my pay.

But my problem is I still miss Abj like mad, compared to Lagos wahala,I miss my privacy as a bachelor..Am so confused I feel like going back to Abj and starting all over again cos so far living with my parents after being alone for a long while has been hell..I also want to start a Lil biz of my own and I feel it will do well in Abj..As I speak I have been offered another job again by the grace of God and am thankful to God for it all,because e no easy to get job for this naija..but am still confused, am not happy probably because by now my plan was to be a bizman,am not happy living with my parents and I have to move out ASAP...I just don't know what to do am confused and I don't want to make another mistake.

Please I would appreciate wise and matured comments only

#Young man, I think u should be stable in one place. if u r in lag with ur parent n working. get ur self an accommodation close to ur work place n plan ur life from there n stop moving up n down n end up at noting during holidays u can go to abj or if u r flexible enough u can have ur biz in any of these locations.

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Guyman02: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
AreaFada2:
Look 5 years or so ahead. You must be approaching 28 to 30 now.

Where do you want to be? Starting a family? Cost of living?

Where will your private business thrive in the future?

These are more will help you decide.

Short term, you need good income to save towards your business.

As uncomfortable as parents' house maybe, it's the best place to save money. Short term at least.

Good advise. Abuja is good ONLY if you have a high paying job, because the cost of living is very high in Abuja. I was transferred from Abuja to a State capital and that was when I was able to save some money like you are doing in Lagos now to set up a business in Abuja.
For now you are now spending on rent and thats a good saving because the least rent for a one bedroom flat in Abuja city center or surrounding decent areas if N500K above except if you are living in Masaka or Madala. The propensity to start up a business in Lagos is higher than in Abuja
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by henryhemon(m): 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
chccho:
Hello peeps, I just wanted to share a Little bit of what my experience has been so far.

I was based in Abj for a while and stayed there for about 5yrs until I got tired and frustrated with my job and resigned last year. I was supposed to get paid my final entitlements which was a large chunk of money unfortunately till now as i speak the company didnt pay. My plan was to use the the proceeds from my final entitlement to start up my own biz Then I came back to lag, started hustling again, had to move back to family house and live with my parents again..its was really rough .till this year when I was lucky to get another job here in Lagos.. I can't lie the job has been ok, very close to my house and we are not really busy so I just they chill and collect my pay.

But my problem is I still miss Abj like mad, compared to Lagos wahala,I miss my privacy as a bachelor..Am so confused I feel like going back to Abj and starting all over again cos so far living with my parents after being alone for a long while has been hell..I also want to start a Lil biz of my own and I feel it will do well in Abj..As I speak I have been offered another job again by the grace of God and am thankful to God for it all,because e no easy to get job for this naija..but am still confused, am not happy probably because by now my plan was to be a bizman,am not happy living with my parents and I have to move out ASAP...I just don't know what to do am confused and I don't want to make another mistake.

In as much I will admit there are lots of opportunities in Lagos my sincere advise is nothing beats a serene environment it offers you the opportunity to do much more than a chaotic environment which lagos has come to signify and like someone said raising family in lagos cannot be compared to raising a family in Abuja though the have their disadvantages. My sincere advise depending who you are ,the kind of life style you are used to, I prefer Abuja anyday anytime only a very high paying job from 350k monthly upwards can take me out of Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by teehef: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
A Silver Corolla 2004 model with plate number KUJ 181 HN (abuja) was stolen on Sunday at Ilupeju. Please call 08098980717 if you have any information that can help find it
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by henryhemon(m): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
Guyman02:

Good advise. Abuja is good ONLY if you have a high paying job, because the cost of living is very high in Abuja.

People have bad notions about Abuja, the only thing pretty expensive in Abuja is housing then again there are areas that you can get housing at a cheaper rate forget those living fake lives. Food is probably same as in Lagos and other cities. You are starting small and you go and stay in wuse,Asokoro,maitaima e.t.c when there are places like Nyanya, airport road,gwagwalada e.t.c?

2 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Churchillsaug(m): 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by macklef(m): 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2015
ERONX:
Dude I will advice u rent an apartment far away from ur parents if u really wanna enjoy privacy... And concerning Lagos and it's wahala I will advice u to hustle hard so you can buy an apartment in places like VGC, LEKKI OR BANANA ISLAND people wey get house 4 there no get 2 head
Just imagin ur advice. Since u obviously have one head, how many houses do u have were u mentioned?

2 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by emwye(m): 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hmm...
You resigned and you still get entitlements Thats a crazy concept.

chccho:

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
I'm Just Here to ask a question. Do you want to Hustle Hard and make money? or do you want privacy to be Fooking Girls around until you get someone pregnant?

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by henryhemon(m): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
Guyman02:

Good advise. Abuja is good ONLY if you have a high paying job, because the cost of living is very high in Abuja. I was transferred from Abuja to a State capital and that was when I was able to save some money like you are doing in Lagos now to set up a business in Abuja.
For now you are now spending on rent and thats a good saving because the least rent for a one bedroom flat in Abuja city center or surrounding decent areas if N500K above except if you are living in Masaka or Madala. The propensity to start up a business in Lagos is higher than in Abuja

You lied man,I got a cute bedroom flat in Abuja close to suncity at 350k/ year, You can get cheaper houses at airport road-lugbe,kuje,kuchika,ido,kubwa,durumi,mpape,karu,kurudu you must not fake live ofcourse if you can afford conveniently fine and I guess he knows his way round. you make sound like there are no high paying areas in Lagos too. Guy men hussle hard here and are making it big.

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by 4wheeler: 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
I have been in Abuja before and i know how lovely Abuja is but the truth is the cost of living is so high.The bottom line is that Abuja is good when all is well but immediately you lose your job, u re in soup. No family, no chance for hustling plus high cost of living. Lagos is easier, you can always manage yorself, cheap accommodation, cheap school fees and so on
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Goldmann1: 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
Call me,I have a proposal that can be of help to you....08126582084.
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by ERONX(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
macklef:

Just imagin ur advice. Since u obviously have one head, how many houses do u have were u mentioned?
dude I'm not here to start an online war, for your information I'm not poverty ridden...and mind ur manners and d way u speak I can as well come low to ur standard and rain insultive words on you
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by normrebel(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
Op: don't listen to many folks here,they are still kids. The hardest decision for a man is usually location. Things will work out well for you if you are the land that God intended for you. Pray for direction. Personally having lived in both Abj and Lag I'd say go for Abj. It more serene and less mad. The housing is the only down side I know of. Lagos even though is the center of commerce isn't a good place to start and certainly not to raise a family. Prayerfully make your choice,but for me I'd choose abj for reasons you already know.

5 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Churchillsaug(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
DonUjay:
I'm Just Here to ask a question. Do you want to Hustle Hard and make money? or do you want privacy to be Fooking Girls around until you get someone pregnant?
none of the above
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by 4wheeler: 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
henryhemon:

People have bad notions about Abuja, the only thing pretty expensive in Abuja is housing then again there are areas that you can get housing at a cheaper rate forget those living fake lives. Food is probably same as in Lagos and other cities. You are starting small and you go and stay in wuse,Asokoro,maitaima e.t.c when there are places like Nyanya, airport road,gwagwalada e.t.c?

What about school fees, transportaion (if u dont have ur own car). No computer village, wat they have at Banex plaza is ridiculously small. When i was in abuja , i dont buy clothings and phones in abuja. cos u cant even get wat u want
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by goshen26: 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
chccho:
I will let u know in due time

Me toooo ooo

I need job like..........house don tire me
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Teryfik(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
Bros i hail d witches 4 ur village oooo u jst dey c job lyk free gift of nature

2 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Housing(m): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
Op if your reason for preferring Abuja to Lagos is about freedom you can equally get freedom here in Lagos by getting your own apartment. Excessive freedom corrupt most young adults. Having based in Lagos in the past will assist you as most things in Abuja are costly compare to Lagos. This will be an advantage for you, to source your goods in Lagos and Sale it in Abuja. Please do proper feasibility study before you decide, may GOD guide you right.

3 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
Abuja house rent is killing
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by chccho(m): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
emwye:
Hmm...
You resigned and you still get entitlements Thats a crazy concept.

what is this one saying?
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by henryhemon(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
4wheeler:

What about school fees, transportaion (if u dont have ur own car). No computer village, wat they have at Banex plaza is ridiculously small. When i was in abuja , i dont buy clothings and phones in abuja. cos u cant even get wat u want

So there are no cheaper schools in Abuja?transportation? are you for real? Come on man not every body in Abuja is rich biko,where do they do all those things?

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by iswallker(m): 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
Wait let me ask obatala...dis one pass me....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Boss or Male Boss? / How Much Do Dispatch Riders Make Monthly? / Ericsson Sacks 160 Nigerian Workers, Takes Jobs To India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.