Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Working In Abuja Vs Lagos - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Working In Abuja Vs Lagos (25595 Views)

Vulcanizer Dies After Tyre Explodes While Working In His Workshop.Graphic Photos / Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt / Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Osas001: 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
Well, first let me start with my experience. I was also based in Abuja... I like the environment of Abuja and yes I miss the simplicity of the lifestyle there, but one thing you must know is Abuja is meant for income earners, government workers and business owners who understands the system... The opportunities to succeed in Abuja depends on the business or work your during that fits the systems that works in that town, but over in Lagos, there are more, bigger and better opportunities than Abuja

I moved back to Lagos last year.. it's not been all rosy or easy, but I must say it's been better than Abuja, because Lagos builds you to be able to survive and strive and succeed better in what you do, whole Abuja jst keeps you floating on the same level and grow base on the system, because in Abuja, if the people at the top do npt get paid, you also do not get paid, but for Lagos, you strive and succeed based on your input into the system and one has to ensure the input are strategic towards ensuring long time productivity..

My advice is to identify where and what will improve and make you a better person.. ..

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=chccho post=41219263][/quote]
How may i help you?
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by pweetychyka(f): 5:24am On Dec 22, 2015
Matttthew:
End time exp

My dear wat is it wit "End Time" in wat he has jez explained?undecided

Well @OP, for me I would want u to compare d security level of Abuja n Lagos at first. Den secondly, think of d kinda biz u would wanna do n where it is gonna boom faster n better as Lagos is a city of hustler (biz everywhere)

Lastly, no one can give a better advice to u dan d advice u give to urself cos u knw beta!

Wish ya all d best in ya endeavours!

2 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by seaga: 5:46am On Dec 22, 2015
..it is a good thing, you have been able to identify your previous mistake, so your problem is half solved, because like you said you shouldn't ve left abuja, so return.Lagos has been my abode for so many years,but if you visit abuja, you would instantly observe a peaceful scenery, lives is much calm in FCT.Abuja has untapped business possibilities that hasn't been explored.It would be easy to make it in Abuja,if you ve the ideal business for it.
Subsequently, you having a job gives you the ability to effectively pay for your accommodation in line with your budget.So with that, you get to have enough time to think about what and how to start a successful business, that time you don't get in Lagos.
Abuja may not be as populated as Lagos, but my brother Abuja is loaded with liquid cash, you just have to do a well calculated networking and right business to benefit from this circle.
Socially it's fun too, they ve quite a number of club that meets up to Lagos standard and the girls too, awesome! you had lived in Abuja so i don't need to tell you much about that, beautiful ladies that are much nicer to start up a conversation with, it's much easier to get a beautiful, attractive and decent lady in Abuja than Lagos.No offense my Lagos sister, 'they too dey form' and too exposed.Abuja is a place you can get a decent girl to start up a good family, that been said you will see a lot of my sisters from the part of the south that the girls are famous for being light skinned,run for your life but if you have the cash, they are excellent companions but should end there.The good thing is that they are easier to identify unlike Lagos where they fake standard.
In summary Abuja is the place to be if you have a steady income and the right business idea.Go for it and thank me later,I love Lagos but it's getting cramped up.
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by febirim09: 9:00am On Dec 22, 2015
You can reside in Lagos. When u're on leave from work. You visit abuja and look for a job and do some of your proposed business runs

3 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Yeah I leave my House at 7:50 because of heavy traffic I get to the office at 7:58 or 59. Zone 2 to Central Area grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

rigarmortis:

You are right bro, i am going through the same thing, but abuja is soooooooo addictive. I can close by 5. Chill and hangout till 11 and get gome by 11,15

Impossible in lagos, though i got side hustles that are almots impossible to run in abuja but easy in lagos

Its the double wammy bro
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Jesarie(f): 10:45am On Feb 22, 2016
Top of the morning to you Nairalanders. Affordable hostel accommodation with tasteful furnishing is available in the FCT at affordable prices with flexible payment options (weekly, monthly or yearly). So if you are deployed to the FCT and are confused about accommodation, look no further because Pied-a-Terre is here for you. For enquiries and inspection, call 07062774539. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Boss or Male Boss? / How Much Do Dispatch Riders Make Monthly? / Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.