Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,182 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Photo - Two Men Agree To Marry One Woman Already With Kids In Kenya: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photo - Two Men Agree To Marry One Woman Already With Kids In Kenya: (597 Views)

Mother Ties Up Her Four Kids In A Viral Christmas Photo / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court / Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photo - Two Men Agree To Marry One Woman Already With Kids In Kenya: by kihemeje96(f): 11:05am On Dec 19, 2015
Against all odds, Slyvester Mwendwa, and Elijah Kimani of Mombasa County in Kenya have decided to marry the love of their lives, Joyce Wambui. When the 26 year-old men discovered they were in love with the same woman, they struck an unusual deal to live with Joyce and raise all the children she bears together. David Okwembah of BBC reports that the marriage will only be accepted if they can prove polyandry is an accepted cultural practice in Kenya. Sadly, no tribe in Kenya accepts polyandry. When contacted by BBC Focus on Africa, Mwendwa stated that he understands that his marriage might not be legal, but because he loves Joyce he would rather go into a contract with Kimani so as to avoid any conflict. Daily Nation reports that a community police officer, Adhalah Abdulrahman confirmed that he saw the two men fighting over the woman in Mombasa county. Joyce is reportedly a widow with twins who didn’t want to leave any of the two men.
“We discussed everything and they agreed that even if the woman gives birth they will raise the child as their own since they have been taking care of the woman’s children together and paying her rent equally,”Abdulrahman said.
Two husbands mean double dowry. Joyce' parents have already been informed and plans to pay her dowry is ongoing.

Read more stories on: http://www.news-world-update.com/2015/12/polyandary-woman-set-to-marry-two-men.html
Re: Photo - Two Men Agree To Marry One Woman Already With Kids In Kenya: by crackhaus: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2015
I'm sure those guys are peasant farmers with no valuable source of income who have been frustrated by life.

No eligible man with a good job and some change to spare will agree to share one wife with another man...quote me anywhere!
Re: Photo - Two Men Agree To Marry One Woman Already With Kids In Kenya: by bennyrazz: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2015
whatever jinx or spell the woman might have placed on the two men is working. Until they are free from the spell, they are maritally doomed.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Pregnant In A Very Natural Way, Bye To Avoidable Infertility / Court Ends 10 Months Marriage Over Sex Starvation Complaint By Wife / Things You Need To Teach Your Child(ren) At Early Age:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.