Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) (41472 Views)

U.N Suspends Food Distribution As IDPs Attack Them For Giving Them Small Food / The Hardworking Handicap Shoe Maker Gets A Wheel Chair Donated To Him / See What Was Donated To Idp's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2015
There's nothing wrong with them. They may not satisfy an immediate need right now, but they will sometime. Or are the IDPs going to stay in the camp forever?
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by scachy(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
grin grin maybe he/she wants them to use it to club under the bridges where de resides. Naija people n their jokes
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by simplyJOE(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tolexander:
What for?

It doesn't really make sense giving the IDPs gift like this.

Are there no flat sole shoes or slippers?
u no well at all!!!which one be it dosen't make sense which one u don donate?

1 Like

Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Tmaritas76(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
fistonati:
There's nothing bad in it, its a way of encouraging others to follow d same step. If am around there, I will donate a TV set and decoder to up their Morales
you don't need to be around before you send them TV and decoder just channel it to the right source it Will get to them as virgin as you send it.
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by edwife(f): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
Unionised:
What have you sent?

Analyst...

I don't think it's about what have you donated here but how is it going to help at this moment.It's like donating shoes to someone who has no legs.
Why didn't the person sell those shoes at any price and send a bag of rice or even tomato tins?
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
End time Philanthropy
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Gamusgamus: 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
Do you see anything wrong with giving these old shoes as donation to Internally Displaced Persons?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/12/someone-sent-these-high-heel-shoes-as.html
There is nothing wrong with that, that they are internally displaced does not mean they are not civilised at one point, some one inn there actually needs shoes like that.
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by obinnashady(m): 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
She gave what she had,what have u given?
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by JUHABACH: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
Do you see anything wrong with giving these old shoes as donation to Internally Displaced Persons?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/12/someone-sent-these-high-heel-shoes-as.html

jsnt it a simple matter of selling the shoes and using the proceeds?
or am i missing something?
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by edwife(f): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
Gaborone:
There's nothing wrong with them. They may not satisfy an immediate need right now, but they will sometime. Or are the IDPs going to stay in the camp forever?

My dear there is everything wrong with them.At this point in time they need food and clothes,those shoes won't serve them immediately.Do you really think these women care about fashion right now?All they need now is food and clothes.How about selling those shoes at any price and buying tomato tins or rice?

Can you visit an accident victim in the hospital who just lost his/her legs with shoes as donation? Is it sensible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by uyplus(m): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
The type those COZA members donated to widows and then displayed it on the internet to defend their pastors recently accquired Porsche taga at the expense of his ignorant members income.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by tgmservice: 2:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
The one that amuses me is u see people donating packs of sugar to a beggar that barely has any good set of teeth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Truckpusher(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
End time donations . grin grin
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by mapet: 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2015
would you rather it grow worn-out in the former owners closet, disused or ends up in the trash can? Don't IDPs deserve high heels as they are half humans?
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Divinehenrich(m): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
Am pretty sure those shoes must be from our so called celebrities that visited IDP's camp recently

1 Like

Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by sniperr007(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2015
jemype:
kontinu. so. IDP has turned to arise fashion show because it seems only d person can see d runway

Tink na. Use brain. Dey will def sell all d stuffs and recover d cash.
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by lonelydora: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
It s called free will donation. And that's what the person has to donate.
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by picoba(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2015
[size=28pt]
This can Displace their leg

[/size]
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by rev2214(m): 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
Is a gift
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by gurunlocker: 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2015
person wey no get joy dey wear. this kind shoe?? smh

1 Like

Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Halen(f): 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
Very funny. You can't give what you don't have
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Echelle(m): 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
Sell it or exchange it for flat shoes or slippers
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
edwife:

My dear there is everything wrong with them.At this point in time they need food and clothes,those shoes won't serve them immediately.Do you really think these women care about fashion right now?All they need now is food and clothes.How about selling those shoes at any price and buying tomato tins or rice?

Can you visit an accident victim in the hospital who just lost his/her legs with shoes as donation? Is it sensible?

I still maintain that there is nothing wrong with it.

Now, let me help you distinguish between an accident victim and an IDP. An accident victim loses his health, not everything (home&property, which includes shoes). It's for this reason it would be wiser to give them something that would help them out in the health department.

On the other hand, an IDP more often than not loses everything. As such, you can decide to satisfy an immediate need like feeding, or you may decide to think futuristically and give something like those shoes, given that they've lost all they have. What's more, you don't know if that person is in a position to start running around looking for who will buy the shoes. If you give someone like me that kind of work, those shoes will enter voicemail, cos I'm not a shoe seller and I don't like such long stories.

And then again, the person who gave those shoes isn't the only one who knows about these IDPs. There are others like Gaborone and edwife et al who can decide to satisfy those immediate needs by buying the tomatoes and all. That's what I think.
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2015
This will make a mad woman go crazy
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by NaWetinDey(m): 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
You can only give what you have. even if you are a criminal and you have repented but all you have to give is your gun, give. the authorities will convert it to naira and give them.

NB. If you give it openly, you are Oyo.
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Adonis3: 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
Lol
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by omokoladele(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tolexander:
What for?
It doesn't really make sense giving the IDPs gift like this.
Are there no flat sole shoes or slippers?
Bros its give what you have and can afford.
you dont expect the person to give what she dont have
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Louiscutedude(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tho i do not see any tin wrong wit it......... But d donor would hv try to donate any other tin than dis one
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by edwife(f): 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2015
Gaborone:

I still maintain that there is nothing wrong with it.

Now, let me help you distinguish between an accident victim and an IDP. An accident victim loses his health, not everything (home&property, which includes shoes). It's for this reason it would be wiser to give them something that would help them out in the health department.

[b]On the other hand, an IDP more often than not loses everything. As such, you can decide to satisfy an immediate need like feeding, or you may decide to think futuristically [/b]and give something like those shoes, given that they've lost all they have. What's more, you don't know if that person is in a position to start running around looking for who will buy the shoes. If you give someone like me that kind of work, those shoes will enter voicemail, cos I'm not a shoe seller and I don't like such long stories.

And then again, the person who gave those shoes isn't the only one who knows about these IDPs. There are others like Gaborone and edwife et al who can decide to satisfy those immediate needs by buying the tomatoes and all. That's what I think.

My dear,the accident victim knows that she/he is going back home and probably knows where the next meal will come from.

A displaced person doesn't have an iota of when and how their lives will be normal again.He loses more than an accident victim,they lose their homes,their families,their investments,they are left with nothing! Such person won't even think about the future but how and where the next meal will come from or during raining season/harmattan season how well covered will they be.They are destitutes,running away from war.

They might even lose those shoes on their way back to their bases when the war finishes,who carries load of shoes when they are running away.the basis people need in war is food and clothes(to keep warm).
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by connectikut89(m): 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
"`You may be a treasure,’ quoth Master Cock, β€˜to men that prize you, but for me I would rather have a single barley-corn than a peck of pearls.’"

Precious things are for those that can prize them undecided
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by Mcowubaba: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
edwife:

Madame, stop writing all this English..

What have you donated to them undecided
If you haven't donated anything, u absolutely have no ground to criticise what others have given....

Quit ur analysis nd go to supermarket nd buy kellogs nd Nido milk nd send to IDPs sad (if u haven't) then come back, we will listen to u..
Re: High Heel Shoes Donated To IDPs (photo) by divine9540: 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
have high heel shoes transform to food or shelter in dis country?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zambian Man Bites Python That Tried To Kill Him / If You As A Guy Don't Hang Out And Drink Go Thank God / Man Strolls In Boxers In Owerri After Removing His Clothes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.