Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) (36580 Views)

The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / Obi Worldphones (2) (3) (4)

Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Mistaarhlohki(m): 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
Deolaw:
Rubbish! Worst brand of phone I have held all my life. A friend got and on the first day of use, the screen went auto pressing itself with ease. Worse than China phones sef. I didn't even know it was a Nigerian brand before I hated it.

I am not spoiling Nigerian products but if we can't make good standards then let's not bother.

Shame!

Modified: It is not owned be a Nigerian. Whoever makes them makes junks.

Youre a pathetic liar...by the what have u produced or designed in ur life...miserable consumer like u
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by AyamConfidence(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Mouriho's exit, Can Chelsea make the top 4?
thread derailer detected
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by tartar9(m): 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
imagine the disappointment on their faces when they rushed to beat their chests as usual only to find out it isn't owned by a fellow flattiè grin
they should change the name,people will think its the usual igbo made nonsense and won't patronise the product.
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by peterjero(m): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
Deolaw:
Rubbish! Worst brand of phone I have held all my life. A friend got and on the first day of use, the screen went auto pressing itself with ease. Worse than China phones sef. I didn't even know it was a Nigerian brand before I hated it.

I am not spoiling Nigerian products but if we can't make good standards then let's not bother.

Shame!

Bros why you say was Obi mobile and not Obi world phone they are two different thing entirely the former owned by a Nigerian (with production from China) while the latter an American solid brand. Please take note.
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by peterjero(m): 10:24pm On Dec 19, 2015
Deolaw:

Shame!

Bros why you say was Obi mobile and not Obi world phone they are two different thing entirely the former owned by a Nigerian (with production from China) while the latter an American solid brand. Please take note.
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by zzzzy: 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
peterjero:

obi world phone was fka obi mobile founded by John sculley, a former apple's ceo. I know of only orbra so far as the only nigerian smartphone company
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by obidevine(m): 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
Endlesslove33:
Obi is a boy?? Ada is a girl

Adaobi =girlboy
.. Adaobi aka hermaphrodite
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 19, 2015
Let see the phone na,
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by obidevine(m): 11:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
Deolaw:

Shame!

.... The "obi" phone isn't a "china" phone per say, its actually a silicone valley smartphone manufacturer founded in 2014 by former Apple Inc. and PepsiCo CEO John Sculley. Obi Worldphone manufactures smartphones aimed at the emerging markets rather than very competitive developed markets. They have been in the Indian market since april 2014 and as we all know India is a leader in I.T (Information Technology), Obi Worldphone launched two of their pioneer low cost smartphones on August 27, 2015. These models used
Android as their operating system. The company aims to focus on mid-range smartphones and says it will introduce
affordable smartphones with superior technology. Obi Mobiles also plans to take the brand to markets in Asia
Pacific, Middle East and Latin America after the Indian market.
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by peterjero(m): 11:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
zzzzy:
obi world phone was fka obi mobile founded by John sculley, a former apple's ceo. I know of only orbra so far as the only nigerian smartphone company
Obi mobile is wack and fake but not Obi SF1 or the Obi SJ1.5. WE HAVE Solo phone, imose tab, bryte tab and so on owned by Nigerians
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by hizaya61(m): 12:17am On Dec 20, 2015
If it's cheap na fake, costly original
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Endlesslove33(m): 12:50am On Dec 20, 2015
obidevine:
.. Adaobi aka hermaphrodite
sure ??/
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 20, 2015
ewizard1:

And you have to quote the whole post?
Yes I quoted it to draw op's attention especially because I didn't see those features that would make me switch from my existing brand to theirs. That's the essence of the launch, telling customers some things to watch for. Hope you're aware that the phone market is saturated with so many brand providing all most that same specification that customers find it hard to choose. It would be disappointing to see archaic feature or high price above their
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 20, 2015
bamite:
You be fool for quoting all that
It's only a fool that calls his fellow human being fool. Even in the animal world they wouldn't try such
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 20, 2015
michaelobinna:
you quoted an entire story just to ask for specifications
Yes I quoted it to draw op's attention especially because I didn't see those features that would make me switch from my existing brand to theirs. That's the essence of the launch, telling customers some things to watch for. Hope you're aware that the phone market is saturated with so many brand providing all most that same specification that customers find it hard to choose. It would be disappointing to see archaic feature or high price above their
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 20, 2015
abercrombie:
mad man do you have to quote a whole topic...haba
If am mad then we will join in the madness.
Modified
Yes I quoted it to draw op's attention especially because I didn't see those features that would make me switch from my existing brand to theirs. That's the essence of the launch, telling customers some things to watch for. Hope you're aware that the phone market is saturated with so many brand providing all most that same specification that customers find it hard to choose. It would be disappointing to see archaic feature or high price above their competitors
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by ericksen(m): 1:14am On Dec 20, 2015
martineverest:
From 'malata' to 'obi'.we go soon hear of 'olorunsogo' phones,'ndidi-amaka' phones and musiru phones
hahahahaha..u funny oo..
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Deolaw: 1:37am On Dec 20, 2015
peterjero:

Alright, thanks for the explanation

Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by sorepco(m): 6:44am On Dec 20, 2015
Better than inam..in what?? Not reading b4 commenting?? I think even idiots would not want u!!!
N.b. never read or comment in a haste...

Deolaw:

I think I am better than you. It was obvious I typed out of anger even without reading. Did you read my post to the end?

Dummy
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by zzzzy: 7:00am On Dec 20, 2015
peterjero:

Obi mobile is wack and fake but not Obi SF1 or the Obi SJ1.5. WE HAVE Solo phone, imose tab, bryte tab and so on owned by Nigerians
lol. I don't consider all those other companies as smartphone companies
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Caveatemptor(m): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2015
lonelydora:
Thye should continue to eat yam with dasuki and we will be collecting our own share with entrepreneurship. Keep making us proud Obi my brother.

Naa waa ooo.
See what tribal sentiments can cause. Commenting without reading.
Sad...
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2015
OBI wan kenobi

Ok it originates from star wars? smiley smiley smiley

It is a JEDI apparatus.

Good.

Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by OYIBN: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2015
lnstead of long story what is needed are the specification and price of the cell phones.
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by kings09(m): 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
and u had 2 quote d whole page?
asuustrike2009:

what's the specifications?
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by ewizard1: 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Yes I quoted it to draw op's attention!
*sighs* Oga! take a chill pill abeg.
"You quoted the WHOLE post to draw OP's attention " ?
Even if you had quoted ONLY THE TEXT, you would still draw his attention. Now if you dont understand what i mean. compare what i quoted to what you actually posted. It still drew your attention abi?
Learn this... If you open a thread and the OP's is a very long and picture detailed type. And you would like to quote the OP and draw his attention like you claimed, please edit the post in quote to less minimal.

Imagine if your are to answer a question which was typed in lets say 5 foolscap sheets (hope you know how lengthy that is?), and the only answer you have to give is "YES" But in the question instructions, you are asked to write out the question back on your answer sheet before giving your "3 lettered answer" i guess you would say the examiner is dumb abi? Now relate that scenario to what you did.
Hope you get? Great Day grin
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2015
ewizard1:

*sighs* Oga! take a chill pill abeg.
"You quoted the WHOLE post to draw OP's attention " ?
Even if you had quoted ONLY THE TEXT, you would still draw his attention. Now if you dont understand what i mean. compare what i quoted to what you actually posted. It still drew your attention abi?
Learn this... If you open a thread and the OP's is a very long and picture detailed type. And you would like to quote the OP and draw his attention like you claimed, please edit the post in quote to less minimal.

Imagine if your are to answer a question which was typed in lets say 5 foolscap sheets (hope you know how lengthy that is?), and the only answer you have to give is "YES" But in the question instructions, you are asked to write out the question back on your answer sheet before giving your "3 lettered answer" i guess you would say the examiner is dumb abi? Now relate that scenario to what you did.
Hope you get? Great Day grin
I get you now and sorry if I made mistake. The point am trying to drive is that the article only talks about the product launch and it's history, it doesn't explain some of the features attached to the product. Imagine Samsung launching galaxy 8 and doesn't states it's features, would you buy such product? What will convince you to buy it? . When etisalat launched easy life 4.0 unlimited, the stated some of the benefits attached to their package, why is this product different?. The phone market is saturated already and so most customers might be woo by many factors ranging from price, product durablity, after sales service to include innovations.
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by gabng(m): 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
Take a few moments to read below

John Sculley – former CEO of Pepsi and Apple – has gotten into the Android-phone game. The new company, Obi Worldphone, which aims to offer premium-designed phones to developing markets. Both are dual-SIM and cost between $130 and $250.

The Worldphones will launch in Vietnam, India, Tukey, Pakistan, South Africa, Nigeria, Thailand, and the United Arab Emirates (and others) soon.

Obi Worldphone SF1, The higher end of the two phones, it has a 5" IPS screen with 1080p resolution. A "signature floating glass display" gives the front a distinct look (it's Gorilla Glass 4, by the way).

The Obi Worldphone SF1 runs Android 5.0.2 customized with the Obi Lifespeed user interface. The software is powered by a Snapdragon 615 chipset with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. That's the $200 version, for $250 you can have 3GB RAM and 32GB storage (both have microSD slots).

The phone boasts fast Cat. 4 LTE connectivity (it takes one micro and one nanoSIM), along with dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n (2x2), Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS.

Obi Worldphone SF1

The 13MP camera (Sony IMX214) with an f/2.0 aperture shoots 1080p video and offers OptiZoom multi-frame super-resolution. There's a 5MP selfie camera with its own too.

The unibody features metallic accents and measures 146 x 74 x 8mm and weighs 147g, it has a generous 3,000mAh battery. By the way, SF stands for San Francisco.
Obi Worldphone SJ1.5

Despite the higher number, this is the more affordable of the two. The Obi Worldphone SJ1.5 is priced at $130 and also comes with a 5" IPS screen and dual-SIM connectivity.

The screen has 720p resolution though, while mobile data is capped at 3G (both card slots are microSIMs). That's backed by Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS.

You don't get a 32GB version, but the microSD slot should be enough. The SJ1.5 is also more modest when it comes to computing power – a MediaTek chipset with a quad-core processor and 1GB of RAM. It runs a newer version of Android though, v5.1.

Obi Worldphone SJ1.5

The camera is an 8MP shooter (OmniVision sensor) with f/2.2 aperture. The selfie camera is the same 5MP shooter too.

The Obi Worldphone SJ1.5 (San Jose) features a Magnesium-Titanium alloy chassis covered in polycarbonate. The whole thing measures 146 x 73 x 8mm and weighs 131g. Like the SF1 it has a 3,000mAh battery.

Yet kids still call it a china phone
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Mafia4life(m): 7:44am On Feb 09, 2016
They are just splitting blunders here and there. I once watched a YouTube video when the CEO was interviewed about the phone. That was last year though. Though the phone uses mediatek for price friendly device and other chipset for the prenuim ones. That doesn't mean it is a chinko phone.

Some Xperia phones, HTC and Nokia phones are mediatek. Why don't you guys call it chinko?
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Intellab(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ada will soon come out. I believe a Chinese will be the founder.
Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by tuta1: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
Mafia4life:
They are just splitting blunders here and there. I once watched a YouTube video when the CEO was interviewed about the phone. That was last year though. Though the phone uses mediatek[s][/s] for price friendly device and other chipset for the prenuim ones. That doesn't mean it is a chinko phone.

This mobile has been my daily driver for 2 months now. its Qualcomm not Mediatek processor. And honestly i don't miss my M8 aside from blinkfeed.

This device is a beast. its buttery smooth than most devices ive used and really isnt made as a cheap phone, its premium built and has got great battery life, Corning Gorilla glass 4 screen, super Sony Exynos camera 16MP Back 5MP with flash Front , gyro, compass, acclerometer, great WIFI reception, best audio enhancements so far, use it with original headphones and forget your ipod for life, ambient light sensor, great inbuilt speakers, even the always on feature LG G5 is using to make a glorified ad is already here on Obi SF1, it screen light up only required pixels to display messages on top of lock screen, its a beauty and handles all games and apps ive punched to it. Multitasks is a breeze, and am always having 1.6GB ram always available to run apps from the 3GB ram variant am using. i have loaded over 200 intensive apps and it handles all perfectly OKAY!!! never had any regret getting this. Cant wait to get marshmallow on this.

*Note!! Power users like me, sorry guys, no rooting. this device is for now UNROOTABLE!!!
your Android warranty is safe. Its secured lol, no access to bootloader. John sculley gave apple type security to Android boot-up lol.

If this is launched in Nigeria and its within your budget, get it.

Re: Obi Worldphones Launches In Nigeria (photos) by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 12:33am On Sep 03, 2016
Wait .. Is this a phone or a kind of designer cloth

Urgent Apple Warning: Every iPhone User Should Check Settings Now! / Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** / Etisalat Free MB Code

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59